PDA

View Full Version : why is PSO so addicting?

theBUFFOON
Jul 17, 2003, 04:48 AM
i cant stop playing

Voodoochild
Jul 17, 2003, 05:28 AM
Dunno but i can't stop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaizerMach
Jul 17, 2003, 05:32 AM
Ditto.

dude3282
Jul 17, 2003, 06:49 AM
If only there WERE an answer to that question.

Well, I think it has something to do with the sense of community, the way it looks, and the fact that it's dripping with style, and polish. It just feels good.

PJ
Jul 17, 2003, 06:59 AM
It's made well. It's fun.

Very simple, really.

Daikarin
Jul 17, 2003, 10:01 AM
"A whole new world"...?

happyalloy
Jul 17, 2003, 10:53 AM
The characters look very realistic (not blocky at all), the gameplay is simple enough to not be overly frustrating, the sense of community and friendship is nice, there's so many different characters to make, there's so many different items to collect and mags to raise... not to mention that beating the bosses really doesn't feel like an ending due to the lack of a huge final sequence like those seen in most other RPG's, and there's always lvl 200 to strive for...

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:54 AM
all online RPGs are addicting. Why are those addicting? I do not know

Wufei
Jul 17, 2003, 10:59 AM
If it's not an item/weapon level requirement that I'm striving for, then it's the desire to reach ultimate mode, or find a rare item, or to sit back and just mindlessly blow stuff up. Or I might notice that I'm "really close" to leveling up, so I'll play to do that. And then the whole process starts over again.

jediknight007
Jul 17, 2003, 11:02 AM
I like online gaming and it's the only online game for the Gamecube at the mo (I think).

Kadou
Jul 17, 2003, 11:27 AM
For me, it's because I'm striving to reach ultimate mode, to reach a level at which I have access to level 20 and above techs, a level at which I can use Evil Curst or other good weapons, and to stay ahead of my friends. Also, most other games I've played that take place in the future either are an exact copy of a movie (i.e. some of the Star Wars games) or seem as though the writers were just making up the plot as they went along. PSO also gives you a lot more freedom than most other RPG's do.

polishedweasel
Jul 17, 2003, 12:08 PM
Then what happens after you get to Ultimate, beat it a couple hundred times, and get two memory cards full of characters to ultimate ruins before you ever get to lv 90? The game isn't as addicting after you do all that. Then you find another game, or perhaps you live real life.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 01:03 PM
On 2003-07-17 08:59, Wufei wrote:
If it's not an item/weapon level requirement that I'm striving for, then it's the desire to reach ultimate mode, or find a rare item, or to sit back and just mindlessly blow stuff up. Or I might notice that I'm "really close" to leveling up, so I'll play to do that. And then the whole process starts over again.

yea. they do that to keep you playing

Iroxxerjooazz
Jul 17, 2003, 02:43 PM
Its addicting because your having fun and you dont want to take that away from you. But it gets hella boring after a while Im stuck on v-hard olga and DF so i quit playing for a little bit. Its not trully additicing u just think it is. Dont play it for 1 day and you will forget about it.

BTW, I know I cant spell.

Evangelon
Jul 17, 2003, 02:46 PM
It preys on every gamers instinctive need to go "just one more level".

Hitaro
Jul 17, 2003, 02:46 PM
PSO is just fun and cool thats why http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kanore
Jul 17, 2003, 04:40 PM
Because while you are playing, the CD shoots a special Nicotine-type gas that spurts out of the internal fan of your system, and goes directly into your nose and mouth to your brain. Then you are addicted, like smokers to cigarettes.

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 05:11 PM
Yes yes, Smoking and playing PSO is almost the same. Except that when ur playing PSO, ur not getting cancer in ur lungs...

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 07:30 PM
On 2003-07-17 15:11, FinalHell wrote:
Yes yes, Smoking and playing PSO is almost the same. Except that when ur playing PSO, ur not getting cancer in ur lungs...

instead you get it cancer of the ass (from sitting down so long to play) and cancer of the brain (from processing the endlessly repetitive colors and patterns...)

Storme
Jul 17, 2003, 08:27 PM
It's subliminal messages. Ever wonder whats really happening on the loading screen?

won osp yalp

tiltnkirby26
Jul 17, 2003, 08:29 PM
I'm the item finding type of people. You just have to know what there is.

Godfather
Jul 17, 2003, 08:56 PM
game is addicting because items have Requirements

u see a good item-u get it-find req-u wanna use it-u lvl up-wasting away many hours of ur life to realize the item sucked

Uber-Chan
Jul 17, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah, and it's fun to deceive people. =/
"WANT ME 2 LVL U?"
"Sure."
::Hop onto some game::
"U R A GRL RIGHT?"
"No."
"BYE! ::LEAVE::"

Gotta love it.

:twak; Annoying HUmars. =/

TangledWeb3917
Jul 17, 2003, 09:41 PM
its the people you meat and the weapons you can find that keep bringing me back ... and that overwhelming urge to reach 200 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:13 PM
Games have a mind of their own. They can tell when your bored of the game o_O

Whenever your getting bored of PSO, you find an item that makes you want to play again

-Jessica-
Jul 17, 2003, 11:36 PM
PSO is simply addictive for an unknown reason...I have to addmit I never had so much fun playing any other game. No drugs are as addictive as this game...man. It's just amazing how much fun you can get while leveling and trying to reach the almost impossible level 200.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

polishedweasel
Jul 20, 2003, 04:55 AM
won osp yalp

I have this urge to strangle everyone at Sonic Team right now...I have no idea why though...

AndyPandy
Jul 20, 2003, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I was just wondering if it would be possible to sue Sega over this game being addictive. I just read in the news that some overweight kid from....yeah you guessed..... America is trying to sue McDonalds becuase he claims their food is addictive, and thats why he got fat.

monkeyfist
Jul 20, 2003, 03:38 PM
all the weird looking letters are subliminal messages

you will play more sonic

sega saturn is actually a good system

the "real world" is fake, PSO is real

merlin
Jul 20, 2003, 04:23 PM
I dunno why either but I just picked up another Cube and the game yesterday and am starting all over again from level one.

How bout this? It's just plain damned fun.

Night_Star
Jul 20, 2003, 05:02 PM
addicting...?
i didnt notice, i was just trying to find more weapons, and by the time i found what i was looking for, i was lvl 120 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
and also, i realized how addicting it was when i lost 2 of my really good characters and i cried http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

S_Hawk
Jul 31, 2003, 01:35 PM
ask yourself these i know i am a rpg fan and all but hear me out like final fanasty they have been all addictinging in 1 way or another im i right so like all of the ff pso is an rpg that has its strong points and its bad points

S_Hawk
Jul 31, 2003, 01:38 PM
that makes it so addictinging

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 01:52 PM
PSO is a way of life. Gotta love it ^_^

kat
Jul 31, 2003, 02:20 PM
Customizible Characters
Cooperative Mutliplayer environments
Variety through multiplayer online
Community and friends
Open Ended plots

FinalHell
Aug 1, 2003, 03:54 AM
Or maybe pso is a real life thing and ur controling robots that kill inocent animals to populate another planet.

Hehe no just kidding. Sonic Team would never do that. or would they... u never know.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 1, 2003, 04:06 AM
ITS A GAME

IT IS FUN

YOU LIKE THE GAME

PSO IS THE GAME

get out of my head you pal rappy. i will find you and i will steal that damn red partisan.