PDA

View Full Version : pso movie

EliteDragoon
Jul 17, 2003, 10:19 AM
i say someone should make some pso movies.

satoshi1
Jul 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
I don't think that PSO would translate to a movie very well... The same way my bro wants a Diablo II movie, they just wouldn't work. Now you know what WOULD make a good movie? Splinter Cell, that'd be awesome.

Mash
Jul 17, 2003, 11:22 AM
They could do a good anime/CG thing. Maybe a prequel, telling about what happened on Pioneer 1?

Live action would be sweet. Imagine the costumes and weapons. I could see it, tho it prolly be named Phantasy Star: The Movie and not Phantasy Star Online: The Movie.

Valleo
Jul 17, 2003, 11:23 AM
If they made a PSO movie they would have to seriously add to the lackluster story it has now. I dont particularly like any of the NPC characters (Ash, Montague ect..).

Fujikuro
Jul 17, 2003, 05:09 PM
Actually if they did a movie following Red Ring Rico it would be somewhat do able. You know, show her being assigned to go to Ragol or what not and exploring then sidetrack every now and then to something happening in Pioneer 2 with a generic HUmar (you know some nobody actor like...Dean Cain!) figuring out that its a big mistake to go to Ragol then heading down only to meet his doom with Red Ring Rico...hell you could even throw in something with Flowen. And of course for kicks you could have all those stupiud NPCs like Kireek and such getting toasted by a Booma or something. I don't know about you but I'd pay good money to see Elly get a beat down from a Booma then watch the Booma play soccer with her head...

But hey thats just my opinion...maybe I need to go back to the padded walls....

kat
Jul 17, 2003, 05:15 PM
I think it would fly. A modern sci fi movie, following Ricco would be very interesting, especially if she had a team that went around with her... and the thing didn't go the way of the resident Evil movie, and was instead more of the final fantasy movie... especially if it was all CG and stuff...

Nambrosia
Jul 17, 2003, 05:24 PM
The problem with that is.. well I mean you can take a hit froma Booma and be just fine.. juse lose like 30 HP and look and run fine as ever.. but if it were live-action Rico would have to dodge every swipe.. I mean how well do you think you could fight with three deep gashes down your side? =/

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 05:34 PM
I hope they dont...they always ruin games to movies...hope they dont ruin the PSO rep..by doing this! my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fujikuro
Jul 17, 2003, 05:36 PM
Well if Rico is as good a hunter as all those pricks on Pioneer keep saying she is then some Boomas should be a walk in the park for her to dodge...or bring out a badass rifle and blow the Booma to kingdom come...

RoninJoku
Jul 17, 2003, 05:45 PM
If its good then its good.... If its bad, then we can all have a good laugh! "HAHA! What a cheesy movie!" well all say! And that will be the end of that.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FluxGryphon
Jul 17, 2003, 05:51 PM
It'd be spiffy if it was something like "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" in terms of graphics and delivery. Otherwise, an anime would rock (provided it transcended the reputation of game-to-movie conversions).

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 06:00 PM
On 2003-07-17 15:24, Nambrosia wrote:
The problem with that is.. well I mean you can take a hit froma Booma and be just fine.. juse lose like 30 HP and look and run fine as ever.. but if it were live-action Rico would have to dodge every swipe.. I mean how well do you think you could fight with three deep gashes down your side? =/

you could say she has a SECRET GEAR and blocked every blow...lol

Bart
Jul 17, 2003, 09:15 PM
On 2003-07-17 15:51, FluxGryphon wrote:
It'd be spiffy if it was something like "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" in terms of graphics and delivery. Otherwise, an anime would rock (provided it transcended the reputation of game-to-movie conversions).

Prolly wouldnt be to bad if if was like this but I dont tho I think it might be kinda iffy

lordinviso
Jul 17, 2003, 09:31 PM
Phantasy Star would be a could movie but it would probably only attract the little kiddies like Pokemon.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:14 PM
On 2003-07-17 08:30, satoshi1 wrote:
I don't think that PSO would translate to a movie very well... The same way my bro wants a Diablo II movie, they just wouldn't work. Now you know what WOULD make a good movie? Splinter Cell, that'd be awesome.

Splinter Cell would make an awesome movie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

as for PSo, i dont think it would work

EliteDragoon
Jul 18, 2003, 09:08 AM
or just get someone to make a movie by playing the game and typing the stuff or saying it

AndyPandy
Jul 18, 2003, 09:15 AM
Did you lot ever see this...heh kind of cool.

http://www.camineet.net/psocast/

InajaD
Jul 19, 2003, 02:49 AM
I dont think a movie should be made..!! unless some VERY GOOD production would be put up for it.!! otherwise it might ruin the game with a piece of crap movie.!! So if they'd do such thing, it better be the most perfect way possible.. coming from holliwood?? dont think so... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
i'd rather have only the game and no movie...

Silmarwen
Jul 20, 2003, 05:04 PM
Well, there have been
video game spin offs,
take Lara Croft for
excample, I don't think
they did a bad job at
that movie

and what about
Parycite Eve?

Blood-Rayne
Jul 20, 2003, 05:16 PM
Take the Movie Akira... Switch Akira With dark Falz... all the people from the movie to look like PSO... Put some swords in it... enough guns already... add some scenes.. delete the bikes... and make a PSO look at the Psychic Children.

*for anyone who hasnt seen Akira.. shame on you, get the movie now.... Why are you still here?*

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 20, 2003, 06:48 PM
I doubt it would go... the gameplay in pso is through the roof! If i have enough patients to get to lvl 92, i know that this game rocks. But as far as the storyline goes, its the shits. Ive wrote a more intricate plot in grade 1. If they ever do make a vid outta pso, ill watch it ofcourse. But i dont think it would be very good, and there you have my 2 cents.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 20, 2003, 08:33 PM
That PSO cast is some scary shiznat....Frankly i think take the money required to make the movie and use it to make PSO a better game. Yes incorporate millions into this game

PsoFanatic90
Jul 20, 2003, 08:42 PM
i agree with that dudes bro sayin that someone should make a d2 movie. actually i think it would probly make it ptreey far and it would be followable.only because its based on a classic rpg.

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 10:16 PM
A prologue movie with Rico, Flowen and whoever the other hero was would be incredibly cool, imagine if all three of em were ever in a team http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

monkeyfist
Jul 21, 2003, 12:40 AM
it wouldnt translate well because not many people understand pso.
final fantasy: run around and kill, main character has big hair
Tomb raider: lara croft runs and kills and er raids tombs
pso: use photon charged weapons to uncover why a spaceship exploded, go through forest, caves, mines, and ruins, beat dark falz (just ep I)

it's fun for a game but wouldn't translate well for a movie

Lunus
Jul 21, 2003, 01:08 AM
It could translate. Split the movie into 3 sections.

1: Prologue - Rico's story
2: Arrival - Episode 1
3: Conclusion - Episode 2

They may have to cut some levels and find some interesting ways of altering the plot to make sense for the characters to be going through these places. Develop the characters and put in a lot of suspense. Wouldn't work for those who finished the game and know the ending but suspense works for those who saw the trailer and didn't even know it was a game movie until the credits. I say give it a go. And definitly use Scully for Rico. LOL!

Pastullio
Jul 21, 2003, 01:14 PM
i don't think that they should make a movie, sure it SOUNDS like a good idea, but every movie based off a videogame is anywhere from terrible to eehhh... not sure if i would go see it again

Halexies
Jul 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
If they make a movie for PSO they should do what the people who did final fantasy did. I wouldn't want it just like the game. Or at least make it in the future. Like after some one killed dark faltz and everyone else. And then start from there. Like 20 years after all that happend. Blah blah blah blah blah. And then a new evil arrives.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 21, 2003, 10:23 PM
FF the movie was supposedly based off of FF7. People say thats a bunch of BS but if youve watched the movie and played the game like i have you WILL see sheer amounts of similarites that it was indeed based off of FF7. They could base the movie off of PSO but in a more detailed way that you wouldnt really be able to recognize therefore enhancing it from its nearly plotless arrangement to a pretty damn good scenario. It could work i think but they would have to do what they did with FF. Make a new plot but make it heavily based off of PSO in a hidden way.

Spider
Jul 22, 2003, 04:40 AM
FF movie was shit, the only similarity to the FF series is a character named Sid.

Anyways, I'm here witha head full of bleach and I reckon just the story bout the heroes I reckon, Rico, Flowen and the other one.

St_Botchua
Jul 22, 2003, 09:00 AM
just please dont make it all cg you saw what that did to the ff movie should make it an anime and revolve it around the battle and death of falz

EliteDragoon
Jul 29, 2003, 01:34 PM
it should goto e2 or e3

Assassin_Tom
Jul 29, 2003, 02:16 PM
If someone does make a movie about PSO, hell I'll watch it. Maybe a T.V. series would work. If they do they should put it on adult swim like Trigun or something. A t.v. series you would have more time to tell the plot and everything. One season should be episode 1 then season two should be episode two and they should just stop there.

Quo
Jul 29, 2003, 03:18 PM
It could work very well. But only is it was full of gratuitous violence, gore, blood, mad martial arts skillz and cool matrix moves. And if the monsters came out of nowhere like in the game you could scare the crap outta people who didn't know it was coming. give it all that jazz and you wouldn't have to worry about the plot. (Almost) no one would care.

Quo
Jul 29, 2003, 03:19 PM
Oh and lobby soccer don't forget that. That would have to be in there too.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-07-29 13:18, Quo wrote:
It could work very well. But only is it was full of gratuitous violence, gore, blood, mad martial arts skillz and cool matrix moves.

Um... I can't find any reason why the gore, blood, and gratuitous violence would be necessary. If it's not in the game, it doesn't have to be in the show/movie.

Also, who is this third hero that everybody keeps talking about? Whoever is going to be in Episode III, I guess?

SomMofo
Jul 29, 2003, 07:45 PM
I think a movie would be bad but only because the story in PSO is not in depth enough for two hours worth of film, however, an anime based off of PSO would work. The way to do it would be liek this:
First of all it should be headed by a joint effort between GAINAX(or the groupbehind Blue Sub 6) and SEGA, the artist should be Hideaki Anno for his superb work in Neon GEnisis Evangelion. If they could do the anime in the same artistic way all the character artwork SEGA has done then so much more the better. Next, base the first "season" on EpsI, make a small cast of main chars one hunter, one ranger, one force, and make a TON of side chars. To spice up the "uneventful" story add in the story from the offline quests in volving Kireek, Bernie, Sue, Montague, Elenore, Elly, Nol, etc... It chould be about the group looking for why Pioneer 1 was "destroyed" and by what force, along with looking for Rico they uncover a conspiracy that the Government was covering up the true reasons wy Ragol was chosen. End the the first season with the "death" of Dark Falz(cuz we all know he's not really dead) and the decoding of a cryptic message from Heathcliff saying that they should stay away from the planet for it will be the death of Pionner 2. They could make a second season about the events in EpsII and the preceding quests. From there maybe even make a season based off of the events in EpsIII, whatever they may be.

So that my opinion/idea, (CG/Drawn Anime Hybrid)+PSO=GREAT

or if not those anime companies the maybe Mr. Wanatnabe of Cowboy Beebop could make the anime, or any countless great animator.....

Outrider
Jul 30, 2003, 12:21 AM
I like that set-up for an anime. Definitely sounds like it could be fun. And for some odd reasons, three main characters sounds like the exact amount one would want. Good thoughts.

EliteDragoon
Jul 30, 2003, 09:38 AM
i say it should be a TV series and it should have 4 main people and 4 bad guys that are trying to control the galaxies with dark fals and olga flow

Minty
Jul 30, 2003, 11:52 AM
Four words. MOME: The Motion Picture

tiltnkirby26
Jul 30, 2003, 12:03 PM
A TV show seems alot better then a movie.In "From the depth" about 4 people were going phyco they can be the bad guys.

Naagata_Clan
Jul 30, 2003, 01:55 PM
I think a nice 26 episode series would work a whole lot better than a movie. It can give them some more time to try and fill in some holes in the PSO story, and you would have enough time to throw in some senseless beatdowns to the creatures of Ragol. As far as someone making comments on blood and stuff, it really wouldn't work since they are using photon weapons, they are like lightsabers, you know, they dry any blood instantly, meaning the only blood being shed would be those of our heros... unless they decided to use stuff like S&Y and Kamui, and stuff like that... maybe a YAS... As far as airing it on adult swim, I don't know... release it on DVD/VHS first, since for adult swim they have to edit stuff to fit the rating of TV-14 (For those of you that have seen Cowboy Bebop beforehand, you know some stuff that was cut out, and lets not forget cartoon network cutting out an entire episode of Outlaw Star...) As far as a movie goes... it could work, but make it a trilogy or something... you know, 1st part being Rico's story, 2nd Being Ep 1, and 3rd being Ep 2. Anime style would be good for this, all CG is debatable... and live action.... ummm.... I'm just going to say no...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Naagata_Clan on 2003-07-30 11:56 ]</font>

Assassin_Tom
Jul 30, 2003, 02:19 PM
In one of the episodes they should have some bartles and hildelts get on Pioneer 2 through the teleporter. Then the military would try to stop them but then there efforts show how bad the military is in PSO because they would get slaughtered by El Rappies which be funny to watch.

crazy_latino2
Jul 30, 2003, 03:38 PM
Just put in a midget robot that dances around and sings song for the damn movie than it would be a blockbuster hit!

Quo
Jul 30, 2003, 06:23 PM
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2003-07-29 13:18, Quo wrote:
It could work very well. But only is it was full of gratuitous violence, gore, blood, mad martial arts skillz and cool matrix moves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um... I can't find any reason why the gore, blood, and gratuitous violence would be necessary. If it's not in the game, it doesn't have to be in the show/movie.

It's in the game! Don't you see the pools of red/green/purple in the rooms you've cleared?
Don't you see the blood in the air when you smack stuff?
Don't you see the blood shower when things die?
Just make it look real and you'd have a great movie.

Outrider
Jul 30, 2003, 08:01 PM
There are puddles of blood. The rest is poorly done particle effects. And that certainly doesn't constitute gratuitous violence or gore.