PDA

View Full Version : Quick Online help

Heresme89
Jul 17, 2003, 01:31 PM
I have a BBA and a DCHP connection, I have recently called up my internet providor which told me i would need a router or to buy another IP address which is 5$ a month. IS there a way a can just put in a fake IP to work or buy one cheap ass router?

Rich_T
Jul 17, 2003, 03:31 PM
if you havent got a router, you can use Internet conection sharing, details on how to set it up are in the sticky at the top of this forum, page 1, question2 ( i think) starts like this

02Q: What ISPs (Internet Service Providers) work with PSO, and how do I get them to work?

02A: In theory, all of them. A lot of people will tell you America Online does not work with PSO, but that is not true. It does not work with it directly, and, assuming that you have a Windows PC, you will have to set up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and buy the necessary components. For Windows XP, this is impossibly easy. For Windows 98 SE (Second Edition), it is a bit more complicated, and if you have anything older (Windows 98 First Edition, Windows 95), unfortunately, you will not be able to do it. If you are