PDA

View Full Version : Item Hogs

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 17, 2003, 01:52 PM
How do you guys feel about item hogs. You know what I'm talking about. The kind of ppl that say, "Items first enemies later."

Or they will only attack and enemy twice then wait for you to kill it so if it drops something, then they can quickly swoop in and steal it.

My brother is like that, it's SOOOO annoying. I'll be killing a Hildebear, then I'll see this beautiful little red box drop, then out of nowhere... WHOOSH.... in comes my brother to steal it.

I HATE ITEM HOGS!!!!

dude3282
Jul 17, 2003, 01:56 PM
My brothers are like that. It gets on my nerves http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif I've heard people online call those kinds of people rare whores. Pretty descriptive.

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
majority of the ppl online are like this, or in a similiar manner. Most of the time, we would running through Ruins (or any other area) with no (rare) drops yet ...

the HUmar just casually walks in our game and asks for a pipe. I open the TP after I kill the deinian, not noticing the drop. the guys sees the red box, and goes RUSHING for it. with not even a Hello. Nice to meet you. or ANY type of introduction.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bday.gif

Malkavian
Jul 17, 2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah weell there are 2 solutions of that.
Everybody does it. Or at the end of stage the items are shared equally. 2nd option can be done only with people you trust. And is great to play without worrying about the items and share them at the end.

Starkmaster
Jul 17, 2003, 02:37 PM
my brother is also like that! he is so gay! he would hit everyone once and run around picking up items or when i open a box he steals whatever is in it.i hate that. thats why i will never even try the telepipe trick on multiplayer. one time there was love rappy and he waited for me to hit it to steal the god/luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and another time we found a al rappy and I swung at it and missed with my last survivor on VH and he was hoping for me to kill it, let it go when i missed so we got nothing.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 17, 2003, 02:55 PM
I like how you people are saying your brother...Correct me if im wrong, but him memory card is withn your reach, steal the items. I would, if hes being an asshole, steal the items back.

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 17, 2003, 03:00 PM
Yeah, thats a great idea, except for the fact that after they find out guess what happens next time you look at your memory card.

"Huh?! WTF?! Wheres my character?! OMFG !!! SOMEONE DELETED HIM!!!"

Trust me, brothers would do that sort of thing. Either that or they will comeback by stealing more stuff from you, then you have this whole item stealing war going on.

Nei3rd
Jul 17, 2003, 03:59 PM
Ok, I admit. I'm a bit of an item hog. But more like a rare whore. Yet it often blows right up in my face. Take for example this little exploit:

Me: A RED BOX! It's a rare! Minemineminemineminemine!!
*checks red box*
Me: O_O OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
*sees that its a club of laconium*
Me: Awww man!!
Team-mate: Hey! I found a Def material! Whoohoo.
Me: I am ashamed.

Yea. Now my expectations are lowered. That and I don't do the whole "MIne mine" and OMG thing. The wife is harsh with that pillow >.<

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 18, 2003, 11:44 AM
On 2003-07-17 13:00, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Yeah, thats a great idea, except for the fact that after they find out guess what happens next time you look at your memory card.

"Huh?! WTF?! Wheres my character?! OMFG !!! SOMEONE DELETED HIM!!!"

Trust me, brothers would do that sort of thing. Either that or they will comeback by stealing more stuff from you, then you have this whole item stealing war going on.

Thats why you can also hide your memory card..Find a nice lock and lock it up(just kidding about theat). But you could hide it.