PDA

View Full Version : Section ID - Rare Items

Sharkyland
Jul 17, 2003, 02:44 PM
Hmm, I'm playing my character, still haven't beaten hard, still trying to scrounge up items for my mag (damn you, you fricking Sol Atomizer appear in the item shop like every time... uh, I thought monomate disappears when you reach a high level?)

Anyway, I've been recording all the rare items that I have been getting and I'm curious about something. I didn't exactly record the exact beat time bar but it seemed everytime I got an item it happened during the transistion from one beat to another. Because (even if I am being attacked by enemies) I quickly go to menu (while running around like a chicken with my head cut off) the bar for the new number just started.

Raises my next question, I'm not sure if this implies to anything since I haven't gone and tried it myself but once I get one of my mags (yeah, just got a Savirti without knowing it 50/50/50/50) to put to another character with their names already planned for a section ID. Do you think there is a certain portion in the bar where you can get rare items?

Found a Nar Wiwy, forgot to record the time, but I think I got something close, dunno.

What do you think? (Really beginning to sound like Elly... okay, no more sugar for you brain. -Aww-)

LollipopLolita
Jul 17, 2003, 02:50 PM
if you're doing this all offline, maybe you'd like to know that offline beat time isn't accurate

Sharkyland
Jul 17, 2003, 05:43 PM
So... you're telling me that I can get items at different online beat times rather than offline beat times?

Gyah, I need a modem. I must investigate even further. *attaches a 3.4L engine to the GC and powers PSO* Time to get it on!

LollipopLolita
Jul 17, 2003, 05:51 PM
i'm just saying if you're offline and going by beat times, then it's not going to be accurate.

Sharkyland
Jul 17, 2003, 08:55 PM
I'm curious... how so?

lordinviso
Jul 17, 2003, 09:20 PM
Beat times offline go by the Gamecubes Clock. While online beat time is a different clock. There is more to the offline I just can't remember.