PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Noticed about Xbox cinemas?

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 03:39 PM
Has anyone noticed the cinemas at the beginning of the game one of the different two skip? I tried returning my copy of the game and it does the same thing...anyone else noticed this??? Please help!?!?

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 03:53 PM
nobody? please just reply with some info to clear my mind.

Proto_Coyote
Jul 17, 2003, 04:03 PM
Mine doesn't skip. It's probably your DVD Drive. Use a lens cleaner on it. If that doesn't work, I'd say your drive is going.

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 04:04 PM
How can it be my drive? i have a modded Xbox and normal and they both do it...couple people said they experienced it too...i just dont understand...nothing else goes wrong just that...

K9999
Jul 17, 2003, 04:20 PM
Its only a cinema jeez. Happened on my old XBOX but i have a new one and it works perfectly no skipping

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 04:48 PM
i know its only a cinema i dont really care...but just confirming that it isnt a hardware problem...just a glitch in the programming....right? right? i have the new xbox with the two sega games that are included....any other comments?

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 05:03 PM
Ummm ya, u need to chill cause its no biggy.

Denny
Jul 17, 2003, 07:04 PM
Once I noticed the cinema doing that I ejected the game and cleaned it with one of those CD wipes. There were specs of dust on the DVD and in the DVD tray.

Heavy_E
Jul 17, 2003, 07:34 PM
On 2003-07-17 14:48, HighCvSRank wrote:
i know its only a cinema i dont really care...but just confirming that it isnt a hardware problem...just a glitch in the programming....right? right? i have the new xbox with the two sega games that are included....any other comments?

From what I heard is that microsoft started making xboxes with a different and more reliable DVD drive, however some or all of the Sega bundles were old xboxes with the old drives. There is someway of telling which drive you have by the way the tray looks from what I remember.

Mist
Jul 23, 2003, 01:22 PM
It's all true.

Xboxes now have better drives.
Mine is an old one, and skips the exact same parts of the ep 2 movie every time it is first played - I've tried 3 copies of PSO.

It's no biggie. The game is fine, and after a while the xbox gets all warmed up and happy and plays the movie fine.

YAY!

Denny
Jul 23, 2003, 04:31 PM
On 2003-07-23 11:22, Mist wrote:

It's no biggie. The game is fine, and after a while the xbox gets all warmed up and happy and plays the movie fine.

YAY!

I had to chuckle after reading that.

Ranger_Larry
Jul 23, 2003, 04:52 PM
I'm not too worried about it. Mine skips too. Since XBOX 2 will also play xbox games, I see no need in worrying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif (MS better hope it plays xbox1 games........)

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 05:52 PM
XBOX2 better be smaller.They say its gonna be smaller...

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 05:54 PM
Good. I might actually buy it then. There's still no way I'm buying that giant chunk of....Micorsoft. *shudders*

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 06:03 PM
Hehe, Bill Gates originally designed the X-BOX as a brick. This was because he didn't want people to hate his console.

The plan was, for each major city that didn't shift over 400,000 X-BOX's, he would drop one over that city http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 09:20 PM
"XBOX2 WILL BE PORTABLE!"

Man:Hey kid,Why must you carry that suitcase all over the place?
Kid:You silly!Thats my pocket Xbox!