PDA

View Full Version : why are people so scared of E2?

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 03:55 PM
I was playing earlier and nobody wanted to play Episod 2. People are scared of a challenge, I think E2 is much funner and much more eye candy to look at, anyone who enjoys playing E2 reply here maybe we can go through it later tonite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.. I have a level 139 Force and 167 Ranger..Hope to hear from you!

Jkid
Jul 17, 2003, 04:01 PM
Well that's ntohing compared to PSOX,when 90% of the games are EPI.

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 04:08 PM
Well if anyone else wants to play im going to be online at 11 CA time so let me know:D

Kanore
Jul 17, 2003, 04:49 PM
I think people make/join Episode 2 games because of several reasons:

1. The basic reason. "I hate Episode 2 because of VR. I don't play Episode 2." It's like saying you don't eat chocolate because some have peanuts, and you still don't eat the ones without peanuts.
2. Because you know there are none, and you are afraid people won't join you because there are no Episode 2 games and you think people won't join...

I made an Episode 2 game this morning in Antares 8, and results of people joining were very quick, as to the fact that all the games this morning were Episode 1. That's right, the entire list, Normal through Ultimate, Battle or Challenge, Episode 1. I I I I I I.

I created a CCA/Seabed game and people joined. Liked it.

Just create it, and the people will come. You see the bulk of the people hate Episode 2. But there's another bulk of people that play it.

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 04:55 PM
Most reasons people dont play are because of the first stage..but like always you gotta go through hell to get to the goodies..i dont mind the spaceship though.

MasterForce
Jul 17, 2003, 04:58 PM
i always play ep2 lol when i first got online i was shocked because there wernt that many peopel there.

Fujikuro
Jul 17, 2003, 05:01 PM
I'll be honest, I don't play Episode 2 much because of that god damn Temple. I mean set aside the monsters because I actually enjoy killing a Belra then thwack a Hildebear in the same room, but the place is just annoyong by nature. Its like this big maze that no one wants to do and 86% of hunters get lost in. And it also has those stupid lillys (yes I hate those damn caves too) that are just a big waste of my Sol Atomizers of precious TP using anti. So thats why I hate Episode 2, if it didn't have the stupid temple I'd play it all the time! The Spaceship is a great level because the boxes look like an X-box that you can smash into a million pieces...who doesn't love that?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But hey thats just my opinion...maybe I need to go back to the paded walls...

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 05:08 PM
I dont like smashing xbox's! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif why would anyone like too? lol...i love my GC too though!!!

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 05:09 PM
oh ya...you also get more xp in E2 after you beat the game compared to E1!

Fujikuro
Jul 17, 2003, 05:11 PM
I better get more exp for putting up with the stupid temple http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 05:15 PM
hahaha i know...lol...stupid megid and the damn mouse in a maze...thank you Temple!

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 05:17 PM
i personally like the scenery in Ep.2, but i hate the temple (but i like fighting barba ray) and i hate the spaceship (yet i love fighting gol dragon) and i hate the jungle and mountain areas and love the seaside (but i hate gi gue) and i hate that damn flying elephant gal gryphon...
i love the seabed though!!! delbiters are like the only things that i really really fear in the game (other than like...the caves boss...but he's just annoying...delbiters are harder than DF...lol)...seabed is just...perfect...beautiful scenery...beautiful enemies...plenty of nice weapons...plenty of challenging enemies...and more experience than the rest of the game...altogether...it makes me wanna beat that damn flying elephant so i can get there...argh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

XtheRouge
Jul 17, 2003, 05:21 PM
It's not harder. It's just cheaper. Who's the genius that thought it would be a good idea to stick Megid spitting flowers in a level where your manuvering ability is limited to inhaling? That, and fighting Barba Ray when the frame rate drops to 3 fps per second is just irritating.

I hold no grudges against Spaceship. The music is great and the boss is awesome. My only grievance is that the combination of enemies just makes for a bland run through 'till you get to Mr. Gol Dragon.

I like CCA. There's many approaches to take and the enemies here actually require that thing called "tactics" to dispose of efficiently.

And Seabed...egh. It's not hard. It's just cheap. You've got an enemy with ludicrously high EVP that shoots some Lv. 40 Megid at you and moves to fast to even keep a decent fix on. Then, you've got a doggie that mows you down if your DFP is less than, I dunno, 1100. The robots critical hit a bit more often than I'd like, but they're fun to fight, as are the A. Beasts. But, here's the thing. The entire place is frame rate hell.

Oh, but the most important reason: drop rate of the average CCA/Seabed enemy = 5.003 x 10^-4207485934. Think I might have rounded up, but whatever.

Nai_Calus
Jul 17, 2003, 05:23 PM
Why the hate? Why does everyone despise VR Temple? ;_; VR Temple is my favorite area in the entire game. @_@ Megid-spitting Lillies and all... Seriously, I cannot understand why everyone seems to have such hatred for Temple. Yeah, it's a maze. So? I enjoy mazes, and once you go through it enough times you know exactly where everything is. I personally think it's the prettiest area in the game, especially the Beta area... Gorgeous. Do you people even look at it while you go through it? >P And the music rules, too... I love Temple.
It's Jungle/Mountain/Seaside I hate, although I like CCA itself. But ugh. J/M/S... *seethes with hatred* AND NO I'M NOT BITTER JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T BEAT MERICAROL WITHOUT A MIRACLE. >P
I don't have online, but if I did I'd wind up soloing 90% of the time because I'd want to do Temple and no one else would. >P

xovinu
Jul 17, 2003, 05:27 PM
A lot of reluctance to play EP II games goes back to the experience you get. The fun EP II levels simply aren't as generous with experience like all the EP I levels are. And the not so fun EP II levels aren't as good for experience on top of being a pain in the arse.

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 05:28 PM
Temple=favorite stage? your crazy thats my least favorite stage...I would rather sit in a room with 395769372 flowers and 49547 megid balls coming at me...then play Temples with Michael Jackson [img]

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2003, 05:45 PM
More people are familiar with ep.1
They like the open spaces of forest, caves and mines.. making the large group of monsters follow them and then turning around and getting them all with partisans,swords, shots.

Temples and mountains can be tough for droids because sometimes attacks don't go through walls. Mean monkies zonding you or the lillies megid often can. Then some of the bosses discourage hunters. Meriacol, gal gryphon and sometimes olga will do much more damage-killing you if you are close to them. These require skills that you need to learn that people don't wanna learn.

I like both though especially with friends. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

neko-chan
Jul 17, 2003, 05:49 PM
Temple is a lot of fun, seriously. You can get pretty nice stuff, thanks to the fact that in Temple you may encounter rare Lillies, rare Hildebears/torrs and that elusive Love Rappy. Personally, I found two AURA FIELDS in Temple, and I can't really say anything but thanking those Megid spitting things. Also, it's true that the space is limited, but if Megid is your problem you can simply hide behind a column or a wall.

And yes, it's a maze and it's annoying, but Caves and Ruins are even worse, sometimes.

As for the other Episode II stages, I like them all except for Spaceship and Seabed. While I totally dislike Spaceship, I must admit I'm not strong enough to survive in Ultimate Seabed online. I tried once and I get killed by a Morphos for ten times in the same room. I was slowing down my team and I simply decided to give up. I'll retry Seabed when my characters will be enough strong to fight in there.

Neko

Nai_Calus
Jul 17, 2003, 06:34 PM
FOmars utterly destroy Temple. Small enclosed spaces+high-level Gifoie+FOmar's natural Gi-type boost= Half of it's dead before you even walk into the room to pick off whatever else is left. Even the longer rooms don't pose much of a problem. And then there's that other boost FOmars get. Y'know, Grants. Indi Belra? Ob Lily? Pfft. Nothing at all. FOmars pwn Temple. Hunters have a bit more of a problem, but not that much more... I personally find Temple to be a great deal of fun, as well as nice eye candy. And then you run into one of those silly Love Rappies... XD

NeiLast
Jul 17, 2003, 07:23 PM
Framerate hell?

Hmm I play X-box, and have never seen the framerate go bad in seabed or fighting BarbaRay.
Is it that bad on GC?

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-07-17 17:23, NeiLast wrote:
Framerate hell?

Hmm I play X-box, and have never seen the framerate go bad in seabed or fighting BarbaRay.
Is it that bad on GC?

nope...i see no problem on GC at all...nothings wrong with anything...Ep.2 looks beautiful period.

Cynosure_Zen
Jul 17, 2003, 07:59 PM
On 2003-07-17 17:35, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:

On 2003-07-17 17:23, NeiLast wrote:
Framerate hell?

Is it that bad on GC?

nope...i see no problem on GC at all...nothings wrong with anything...Ep.2 looks beautiful period.

Heh, don't be such a fan-boy in denial. Whenever theres a lot's of action on screen, in either seaside or seabed, the game tends to turn in to a damn slide show! And this is coming from someone that plays the game from both sides of the fence.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 08:09 PM
I like EP2, but I prefer EP 1

Mixfortune
Jul 18, 2003, 01:05 AM
At least the new enemies in EPII (CCA/Seabed) aren't all that cookie-cutter, and their difference extend beyond just what techs/special attacks they can use on you. I personally thought the variety of stats the Seabed enemies had was an improvement, with some having super defense, or super evasion, or super atp, or super luck, it makes you think more about your tactics beyond the occasional "sidestepping" in EPI. And yes, Forest runs may be better than Temple runs, but I enjoy Temple to the fact that it's all the more rares you can find from monsters that are just as easy as Forest, if not just a little harder. The worst area is Caves, period...

And Megid? If Megid is such a big problem, move behind something or raise your EDK, or just gain some levels. It seems the higher level you are, the less often Megid works, but I may just be seeing things.

Ether
Jul 18, 2003, 02:54 AM
Problems with ep 2, its harder, its less exp, and another one not mentioned, 3 of the 4 stages have 2 person switches very early on in them (Central Control is the one that doesnt) So if no one joins, you're stuck after a few rooms. At least in ep 1 you can always do forest or mines before getting stuck.

Personally I love temple, and hate spaceship with a passion. The only EP 2 stage I really play online though is seabed.

At least the new enemies in EPII (CCA/Seabed) aren't all that cookie-cutter

CCA IMO has the worst enemy design in the game, nearly all of them are scene elsewhere in the game

Gee = Canadines with that annoying knock you down stinger attack
Gibbons = Wolfs, already annoying due to circling you, plus fun attacks like gizonde and megid
Mericarol = Giant Ob Lilly, heck he even laughs when he hits you
Gibbles = Hildebear on steroids
Sinow Berill = Sinow + annoying become invincible while I teleport 2 feet behind you move

And the original one isn't much better, Meritas (how ever its spelled) The enemy that runs away from you! Just what pso needed, the enemy that doesnt want to hurt you, and makes you chase it and wait for it to stand up before you can kill it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2003-07-18 01:00 ]</font>

BOmar
Jul 18, 2003, 06:41 AM
On 2003-07-17 15:01, Fujikuro wrote:
I'll be honest, I don't play Episode 2 much because of that god damn Temple. I mean set aside the monsters because I actually enjoy killing a Belra then thwack a Hildebear in the same room, but the place is just annoyong by nature. Its like this big maze that no one wants to do and 86% of hunters get lost in. And it also has those stupid lillys (yes I hate those damn caves too) that are just a big waste of my Sol Atomizers of precious TP using anti. So thats why I hate Episode 2, if it didn't have the stupid temple I'd play it all the time! The Spaceship is a great level because the boxes look like an X-box that you can smash into a million pieces...who doesn't love that?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But hey thats just my opinion...maybe I need to go back to the paded walls...

Ditto http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

happyalloy
Jul 18, 2003, 09:59 AM
The main reason I don't play ep2 is because its not as effecient for levelling. However, when I'm playing with a character and I'm not worrying about levelling them (my chars over 152), then ep2 can be a nice change, with the right equipment (cure/shock) and the right friends (Snow Queen, high lvl Megid)...

It's amazing how many things will die from lvl 25+ megid in ep2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Too bad its not nice to use in a team setting, but for when I'm unlocking areas offline, all I use for most areas is Megid and Grants http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif wee!

But I digress. Most people I talk to think that the exp you get from ep2 isn't worth the annoyance caused by most of the enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Valleo
Jul 18, 2003, 10:05 AM
Dont get me wrong, I love Seabed and CCA. If I see a game with either in its title I join. But when someone asks me if I want to play Episode 2, I immediately ask "what do you have open?" Im not much for the temple and ship. But to be fair, I mostly play quests, so really the most episode 2 I play is Famitsu for the high enemy counts. The tower quests are good too, but really only for the mini bosses and tower specific enemies, not the regular Seabed and CCA baddies.

If they decided to make some endless quests for episode 2 however, Id probably play that more than anything ... endless 8, Seabed... mmmmm sacrilicious

Golden_Force
Jul 18, 2003, 10:13 AM
The reason why so many people play episode 1 so often is becuase of acquantaince. They become acquainted and they don't want to go over to Episode 2. Episode 1 had a load of offline quests that took you through various open levels and brought about a wonderful storyline and a few substories. Episode 2 has only a few online quests and people just have a hard time getting attached to it, although plot in Episode 2 great. All the areas in Episode 2 are greate and have a lot of potential for great quests. What really needs to happen is ST needs to create downloadable quests so that people can play offline fun with their friends instead of just doing level runs.

The Temple has a great potential. The only problem with it is putting Megid spitting flowers in breathing room space. Nothing is really very cheap about the other levels, they just have a difficulty or require tactics that few people want to use, most just want to run up to something and smack it and that is why they always die against a Delsaber. It is cheap though to put a Megid spitting flower in a room where no tactic other than a hit and run is applicable.

saffaya
Jul 18, 2003, 10:25 AM
To sum things up :
EP II provides far less XP for the trouble given.
EP II is a drain to FO's money. So little stuff to pick up from ground it doesn't cover what you spend in fluids.

In my case, I play EPII 99% of the time outside of quests. I have played EPI long enough on the DC (2,500 hours), so now EPII it is.

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 11:02 AM
On 2003-07-18 08:25, saffaya wrote:
EP II is a drain to FO's money. So little stuff to pick up from ground it doesn't cover what you spend in fluids.

That's true... CCA and Seabed are truly money eaters... and there's what- about 4 Healing Rings in all of CCA (not including Control Tower) and Seabed combined? Meh.

The only reason I don't like to play Episode II is because I conserve money for Difluids, Trifluids, and my ammo for my Charge Vulcans.

Atax
Jul 18, 2003, 11:13 AM
I really like Temple, since it's a lovely change from playing episode 1's levels day in & day out furing the DC days, plus beta looks lovely.

Dunno what you newbs are complainging about, you say it's like a maze and yet caves/mines/ruins is designed exactly the same way; Learn to use your map ffs.

And although the feeling is indirrect, I love spaceship with a passion because I love star wars and cyber punk anime. Alpha feels like I'm destorying monsters on a planet somewhere in the Star Wars universe, while in beta it feels like I'm slaying mutants in some future metro city.

Nai_Calus
Jul 18, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-07-18 09:13, Atax wrote:
I really like Temple, since it's a lovely change from playing episode 1's levels day in & day out furing the DC days, plus beta looks lovely.

Dunno what you newbs are complainging about, you say it's like a maze and yet caves/mines/ruins is designed exactly the same way; Learn to use your map ffs.

Yes! Finally someone who understands! >_>;;;

And yeah, Temple ain't got nothing on some of those, say, Ruins 3 layouts. Hey, people, ever actually listen to what Elly has to say? She actually gives you some useful advice for once at one point whilst yammering about something else entirely. Use the frickin' area map! >P

Dragon_Knight
Jul 18, 2003, 01:44 PM
I'm just not fond of the EP 2 areas they all look nice and pretty. But you never really stop to look around unless your playing by yourself, also the fact that enemies tend to be cheaper in part 2 doesn't help. My last grivence is I've only ever found TWO red boxes in over oh about 120 hours in 2. Both were from my two rare Nar liliys. Otherwise the good rares that are suppose to lurk in part 2 never show up.

SubstanceD
Jul 18, 2003, 02:23 PM
Who said anything about being scared of Episode 2, I'm not.

I spend most of my time on Episode 1 because in my opinion SonicTeam did a piss poor job at making Epiosode 2 more likeable and more desireable to play on then Episode 1( it will only apeal to those who've played version 1 and 2 to death and want somthing differnet ). I find Epiosode 1 to be easier, I think it is easier to get EXP and it is easier to get Rares. Why should I spend my time on episode 2 when playing Epiosode 1 offers better rewards for squandering my precious spare time. I will go on to Epiosode 2 when I am good and ready ( beat Episode 2 Normal after beating Epiosode 1 Normal, will do the rest after I find my Red Sword and my Chain Sawd ).

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 12:00 AM
One argument against Episode 2 that I get from my friends that I play multiplayer with on the GameCube is that they treat the VR Training like it's Training. They litarally consider it to be beneath them seeing as they've already defeated Dark Falz on Version 1 of the Dreamcast and are venturing around Ultimate. They just don't make much sense at times.

I love Episode 2. It was especially fun for me the first time I ever went through it because I was on Very Hard by myself. It's more challenging and has much more scenery to look at. I had never just stood around and looked at things until I went though Episode 2 on my own. The most memorable sights being:
-Gazing off into the distance at the stunning sunset in VR Temple Beta.
-Taking a relaxing walk on the Seaside, to take in the view of the Ocean as I was knee deep in the water.
-Just looking around in the Jungle, so much more detail than I was used to with Episode 1 and all.
-Standing in awe at the site of the battle with the Gal Griffon as the thunder storm raged around me, I must say, quite the intimidating scene.
-Standing in a hallway of the Seabed Lower levels, waist deep in water, the facility ruined, I was searching for answers. A moving scene.
-Looking out a window of the Seabed, to see that only a thin sheet of glass bearing my reflection, Red Saber in hand, separating me from the a dolphin calmly swimming by.

Plus there are some items that you're only going to find in Episode 2, so bear with it and buckle down.

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2003, 01:24 AM
On 2003-07-18 22:00, _brainchild wrote:
I love Episode 2. It was especially fun for me the first time I ever went through it because I was on Very Hard by myself. It's more challenging and has much more scenery to look at. I had never just stood around and looked at things until I went though Episode 2 on my own. The most memorable sights being:
-Gazing off into the distance at the stunning sunset in VR Temple Beta.
-Taking a relaxing walk on the Seaside, to take in the view of the Ocean as I was knee deep in the water.
-Just looking around in the Jungle, so much more detail than I was used to with Episode 1 and all.
-Standing in awe at the site of the battle with the Gal Griffon as the thunder storm raged around me, I must say, quite the intimidating scene.
-Standing in a hallway of the Seabed Lower levels, waist deep in water, the facility ruined, I was searching for answers. A moving scene.
-Looking out a window of the Seabed, to see that only a thin sheet of glass bearing my reflection, Red Saber in hand, separating me from the a dolphin calmly swimming by.

Yes, yes, yes and more yes. And then there's going to CCA for the first time, with all the mist and darkness, and finding Flowen's message logs, which get right into being creepy. Heehee.
But yeah, anyone who says they hate Temple never bothered to actually look -around-, especially in Temple Beta. Ooohhhhh, that sunset is gorgeous. And I always liked the reflection thing in Seabed, that was cool. Oooh, look! I'm not a vampire! Neither is my Mag! ^_-;;;

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 19, 2003, 06:00 AM
ME LOVE JUNGLE AND SEASIDE>

Jkid
Jul 19, 2003, 08:00 AM
I know an idea,why not you beat the VR areas offline so you can jump to CCA from the start online?

Jack
Jul 19, 2003, 08:05 AM
I much prefer EP2. More of a challenge than EP1. Plus Megid can actually be used.

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jul 19, 2003, 01:35 PM
For what it's worth, I used to despise the vr temple and had no intention of doing it more than once online in offline mode. The maze with it's problematic camera angles, the megid spitting ob lillies ... it just was more than I wanted to deal with. Then I got a LIGHT RELIEF barrier ... and of course my character leveled a bit. Now I don't mind playing it nearly as much. With an EDK of 88, i have a much lower chance of dying and pissing off my mag.

But, playing forces much more than any other character type, I can tell you that playing epII's biggest pain is in keeping track of creature resistances. In addition, the online version cranks up all character's spell resistance sooooooo much that playing anything but a support force is nearly impossible. At the very least it is expensive. Fluids don't grow on trees, ya know.

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 01:43 PM
I dont really play EP-2 cause I think it sucks for EXP, well everything but the seabed.

Kanore
Jul 19, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-07-19 06:05, Jack wrote:
I much prefer EP2. More of a challenge than EP1. Plus Megid can actually be used.

I love seeing fresh-dropped Zoas kneel to me at the use of my Megid.

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 05:31 PM
Maze-like, how many people have already said that all the other levels are maze-like too in this thread? I don't really like larger rooms much anyways, it'll just take me longer to run across the room to slaughter the fresh batch of monsters that just appeared.

Then there's the "less experience" slander that Episode 2 is recieving. I haven't noticed a severe lack of experience points for the area.

The camara angles being problematic is an understandable complaint though. You're just going to have to cope with it. Personally it's not a proplem very often, but as with being in a dark room, just use your radar. Those rooms that have the very small corridors that you have to navigate through while fighting Lillies and Dimenians will pose more problem when it comes to the camara though, but not enough of a problem that some will never again set foot in the Temple.

Zarana
Jul 19, 2003, 05:38 PM
Well, there are a lot of reasons I don't play much Episode II.

1. It's awful experience. Usually when I play a game online I do it to gain levels, which won't happen half as much in Episode II.

2. The new enemies in the Central Control Area are so poorly designed that I'm sure they were drawn with crayon by a five-year-old. Seeing these abominations almost makes me feel like I'm not playing PSO at all. They assumed that the level itself was appealing enough to warrant having you fight the most ill-conceived enemies of all time, which just doesn't work for me.

3. Most IDs find nothing but garbage throughout Episode II. For instance, don't ever let a Whitill make an Episode II game unless you're after a very specific item.

Since I play for experience and items, as well as seeing enemies that Sonic Team put at least a MINIMAL degree of effort into designing, I generall dislike Episode II. Plus, the Temple is my favorite area and no one else likes it... Heheh...