PDA

View Full Version : Which type of force do you like better?

sange
Jul 17, 2003, 04:12 PM
ummm. yeah

HighCvSRank
Jul 17, 2003, 04:14 PM
I hate forces that arent very supportive...selfish forces death to them all! lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kanore
Jul 17, 2003, 04:50 PM
I like a hybrid, which I am.

And if anyone has a problem with that, sue me. I made a name for myself using a combination of melee and casting with a few people... >_>

MasterForce
Jul 17, 2003, 05:06 PM
i voted hybrid. i got both magic and hybrid and i like the hybid better. i love beating stugg up while casting techs like crazy

FinalHell
Jul 17, 2003, 05:07 PM
I like to support others but i also like to help my self out as well. It also depends on the people in the room who im playing with. If the people in the room are bitchy, then i just take up space. If the people in the room are nice then i cast S/D/J/Z 24/7.

lordinviso
Jul 17, 2003, 09:47 PM
Gotta love the FOnewearl with a psycho wand just RAtechies away at everything then watching your hunter slaves finish off.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 17, 2003, 10:02 PM
What are Forces for? Support. And don't forget the most important.... Nuking enemys. Yes, I am one of those "Rafoie Happy" Forces.

Translation: Magic

Kalbelgarion
Jul 17, 2003, 10:13 PM
Some Forces just need to realize that there's a reason their highest stat is MST.

If you want to use a sword, be a Hunter!
If you want to use a gun, be a Ranger!
If you want to have Boomas to cower before you, freeze Nano Dragons from clear across the room, fry every single circuit in the Mines with a simple wave of your hand, have Arlans scream in lightning-quick pain as their faces are burned to ash, fall Sinows with a mere 60 TP, and have Dark Falz address you as "Sir" or "Ma'am"...well, then be a technique-only Force.

Hunters play with pointy sticks.
Rangers play with guns.
*REAL* Forces toy with Godhood.

[/110% unbiased acessment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2003-07-17 20:14 ]</font>

bobbonew
Jul 18, 2003, 01:14 AM
All I gotta say is Woah Kalbelgarion

Bit
Jul 18, 2003, 01:17 AM
Ah. Forces.

My FOmar is very good to me.. Leveled him up extremely fast, and he's quite strong. With an Elysion, I can do melee damage when needed, and even more damage with a nice Shifta upgrade.

I'll have to go with Hybrid.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 18, 2003, 01:35 AM
always use my support bitch AKA. FOneweral

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 18, 2003, 01:45 AM
I REFUSE TO BE A RESTA BITCH...hahaha, ya, whats funner, me, a FOmar casting Shifta and deband, And Jellen, Then busing out my Soul Banish, Grass assisans arms, or Ancient Saber and doing 600+ damage per hit. or just staning there casting spells...I chose Melee, I picked FOmar cause the boost in Shifta and Deband...HUmar doesnt have that.

tank1
Jul 18, 2003, 05:57 AM
I have a FOnewearl but i rarely use cuz forces bore me guns or swords anyday!

happyalloy
Jul 18, 2003, 10:07 AM
Hard to choose, because I have one of each type of FO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif My FOmarl does support techs, then busts out the mechs to join in the carnage, only stopping for an occasional Resta (hybrid). But I would never try that with my FOnewearl! She's always casting techs Support/Damage/Heal, lather-rinse-repeat (magic).

I think both kinds are fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Just make sure that your force can fill the job you've selected for them. Human forces are good as hybrids because they have enough ATP, and they don't have as much TP so saving the TP for support and healing makes more sense to me. Newman forces are terrible at melee; ESPECIALLY those FOnewearls... I saw a lvl 170+ FOnewearl with max power only doing 100-200 damage to enemies.. that's just sad lol

Golden_Force
Jul 18, 2003, 10:16 AM
Forces make great support characters but don't forget their ability to become "leaders in battle". Too many people just want a force to s/d and j/z and then they get to have all the fun of ripping people apart and taking all the credit. Well, if they want uber atp and dfp so high that nothing can hurt them, they can endure with some extra help from an uber powered human grants or a FOnewm rafoie.

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 11:08 AM
On 2003-07-17 20:13, Kalbelgarion wrote:
If you want to use a sword, be a Hunter!
If you want to use a gun, be a Ranger!

I despise all who say that. It's stupid... let the Forces do their job. The Humans cast and melee, and the Newmans cast. That's how Sonic Team made Forces. And if the players don't know about it, then the players that know about it will tell them about it.

Nei3rd
Jul 18, 2003, 11:12 AM
I'm more of a melee/gun user. But if I get pissed I whip out the Gizonde and Rafoie. Two of my fav techs.

MasterForce
Jul 18, 2003, 11:26 AM
If a force has enough atp to fight in meele let them. its not like there is a written rule saying a force has to stand back and cast techs

mystic_knight
Jul 18, 2003, 11:40 AM
My FOnewearl and FOnewm never melee...but if I had a FOmar or even a FOmarl I would whip out an Elysion that I've never been able to use before and slash some monster ass. So, anyway, I prefer pure caster forces, but I support mars and marls that can dish out the melee damage.

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-07-18 09:40, mystic_knight wrote:
My FOnewearl and FOnewm never melee...

IMO it's near impossible to melee in the later stages as a Force Newman.

Skankhair
Jul 19, 2003, 11:08 AM
Magic.

Why do shit for damage when you can actually hurt something?

Why tickle one monster when you can rape ten?

Reenee
Jul 19, 2003, 12:12 PM
My favorite force is a Force who knows the damn element for the damn enemy.

Shimarisu
Jul 19, 2003, 03:39 PM
On 2003-07-19 09:08, Skankhair wrote:
Magic.

Why do shit for damage when you can actually hurt something?

Why tickle one monster when you can rape ten?

My FOmar's ATP is higher than his MST. Under a pb combo, his ATP is 2500 plus at only level 111. Do you even have a FOmar? If you do then the poor boy is wasted.

- Shimarisu