PDA

View Full Version : The Heroine vs. The Hero...

Nambrosia
Jul 17, 2003, 06:40 PM
Who do you like better? The Heroine of the Hunters, or the Hero of the Soldiers?

Personally I like the latter.

(Hey, at least this wasn't a "Which is the best class?" poll http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

MasterForce
Jul 17, 2003, 06:41 PM
i like Rico better i have no clue why

_brainchild
Jul 17, 2003, 06:49 PM
Well Flowen's got a badass sword, the one we see at the end of Episode 2. Other than that, I just wanted to even out the votes a bit. ^_^

Monomate
Jul 17, 2003, 07:01 PM
rico at least actually does something to further the story...we actually get to read about her quest across Ragol. she actually didsomething. Flowen...all he did was die...and then was corrupted and became Olga Flow...boring story...however...all in all because Olga Flow just kicks so much ass, and the seabed is so much fun...Flowen got the better Episode out of his contract with ST...

Blood-Rayne
Jul 17, 2003, 07:02 PM
Flowens sword is Yellowish-Green. ITs Awesome. Not to mention he has other Def. items u can get. Flowen all the way... and his boss is better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Denny
Jul 17, 2003, 07:15 PM
Rico.

The Phantasy Star series has always been about the heroines kicking ass until their last breath. Flowen is a putz and the only level that stops Episode 2 from being a complete snore fest is the Seabed (the music in that stage kicks all kinds of bootie).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-07-17 17:17 ]</font>

_brainchild
Jul 17, 2003, 07:28 PM
On 2003-07-17 17:15, Denny wrote:
(...kicks all kinds of bootie).

That phrase got a laugh out of me. Well said.

Flowen did too contribute to the story. Not the Dark Falz storyline, but to his own. Did you not look for all the voice messages he left behind? Just like Rico did. The way you say it just makes it sound like he did nothing but go die.

Kalbelgarion
Jul 17, 2003, 09:05 PM
Throughout Episode I, we got to know Rico very well. I know that, when I first played through, I was exited when following Rico's trail. I was looking forward to meeting her at the end of the game. And her tragic death, along with the giant twist at the end, only make her that much better of a character.

Flowen, on the other hand, we know very little about. He was well-respected, saw the horrors of Ragol, and sacrificed himself to Osto for what he thought was a project that would benifit all of mankind.

Although they are both very good heroes, I like Rico more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kupi
Jul 17, 2003, 09:26 PM
I vote Flowen, simply because of the line, "...Kupi? That last message... that wasn't a recording!" I don't know why, but it took me by surprise and I thought it was cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 18, 2003, 03:01 AM
Hell on both of them. >P I like Elly. She's a nutbag and annoying as all piss, sure, but she's got a good heart and she's better looking than either of 'em. >P ...I still want her to die, though, if only for all the times I've had to spam A through her babbling on about things I already know or didn't care about. XP

tank1
Jul 18, 2003, 05:46 AM
flowen rules!

[/img]eva_03_001.jpg

BOmar
Jul 18, 2003, 06:37 AM
Flowen. I don't like the look of Rico http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Golden_Force
Jul 18, 2003, 10:20 AM
Rico has that whole chosen Herione and tragic hero aspect to her. You also become more personal with her from her constant messages and the final battle with Falz is quite tragic.

However, Flowen has the same tragic hero and knows where his values lie. He chose the path of a hero and became his own person. Though, he was more easily decived than Rico would have been.

Gosh hard decision

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 11:04 AM
Rico ownz. She has a Ring, she owns the Red Weapons, and she actually quested, while Flowen just stood in the lab, stressing his tired brain out, waiting to die.

Rico died, while Flowen was scientifically murdered. I wouldn't even call Flowen a hero if I was a Hunter/Ranger/Force on Pioneer 2.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 01:21 PM
Rico definitly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Arutha
Jul 18, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-07-18 09:04, ChibiWarrior wrote:
Rico ownz. She has a Ring, she owns the Red Weapons, and she actually quested, while Flowen just stood in the lab, stressing his tired brain out, waiting to die.

Rico died, while Flowen was scientifically murdered. I wouldn't even call Flowen a hero if I was a Hunter/Ranger/Force on Pioneer 2.

wrongo, rico didnt own the red weapons, flowen did. cant u tell how they spell out HEATHCLIFF, as in Heathcliff Flowen?

anyway, i like them both. they were both cool and i loved listening to their messages they left behind, but u never got 2 hear much of flowens. They were both possessed by evil things and it wasnt fair that they BOTH died.

flowen tryed warning the rest of the ppl at Coral and rico tryed figuring out wut happened to cause the explosion. They were both valiant in their own way.

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 03:37 PM
On 2003-07-18 11:34, Arutha wrote:

On 2003-07-18 09:04, ChibiWarrior wrote:

wrongo, rico didnt own the red weapons, flowen did. cant u tell how they spell out HEATHCLIFF, as in Heathcliff Flowen?

I'm not an idiot... I know they spell out Heathcliff, but Rico owned the Red Weapons. They were tested by her... hence 'Red'.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jul 19, 2003, 12:06 AM
Now dont get me wrong, flowen is very cool, but Rico has earned more respect on my part. Both of their story's are sad but Rico's just hits me harder. poor rico =(

Zolpner
Jul 19, 2003, 01:24 AM
Flowen... can't tell why (I don't know myself...)

SpOiLeRs

P.S is it just me or is the Episode 1 intro screwed..
when it shows the explosion (from the surface of planet Ragol) it shows the form of Falz, but in the story RRR is still herself after the explosion and is investigating what happend (kindof), also how did she survive the 'explosion'? did Falz let her because he could sence her curiosity and knew she would come to him and he could snatch her...
HURRY UP WITH EPISODE III ST!!!

Kanore
Jul 19, 2003, 10:04 AM
On 2003-07-18 23:24, Zolpner wrote:
Flowen... can't tell why (I don't know myself...)

SpOiLeRs

P.S is it just me or is the Episode 1 intro screwed..
when it shows the explosion (from the surface of planet Ragol) it shows the form of Falz, but in the story RRR is still herself after the explosion and is investigating what happend (kindof), also how did she survive the 'explosion'? did Falz let her because he could sence her curiosity and knew she would come to him and he could snatch her...
HURRY UP WITH EPISODE III ST!!!

If you're thinking Ep 3 will tell us more about Rico, it won't... it just... ends. I think. But I know i'm wrong.

Coxy
Jul 19, 2003, 10:53 AM
techincally isnt the character you play the greatest hero? i mean we kicked both of their butts AND lived to tell the tale, therefore i vote for myself, lol

Nambrosia
Jul 19, 2003, 11:02 AM
On 2003-07-19 08:53, Coxy wrote:
techincally isnt the character you play the greatest hero? i mean we kicked both of their butts AND lived to tell the tale, therefore i vote for myself, lol

I disagree, because I think the only reason we survived our meet-ups with Dark Falz and Olga Flow, i.e. we didn't get sucked in like Rico say, was because they both only had -one-.. erm.. shall we say "slot" in their frame, which was currently taken up by Goddess/Rico for DF, and God/Flowen by Olga Flow.

And I know about Soul Steal and Soul Switch, but really.. those are just temporary effects, so they don't count. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 11:03 AM
On 2003-07-17 17:28, _brainchild wrote:

On 2003-07-17 17:15, Denny wrote:
(...kicks all kinds of bootie).

That phrase got a laugh out of me. Well said.

Flowen did too contribute to the story. Not the Dark Falz storyline, but to his own. Did you not look for all the voice messages he left behind? Just like Rico did. The way you say it just makes it sound like he did nothing but go die.

but apparently if you follow the story, Flowen was already dead before Gal Da Val and Olga. Now, i have no idea how he became Olga Flow(en)...but...well i always figured it was like Calus...he was sending messages and he was like...corupted...whatever...i think flowen sucks...too bad he got the decent episode and the coolest ass weapons (damnit...how come he gets a Dark Flow???) oh well...

btw...that 'kicks all kinds of bootie' i really needed to hear that...you have brightened me day!