PDA

View Full Version : VR Temple music, PS1 caves music?

satoshi1
Jul 17, 2003, 10:58 PM
I acquired a copy of Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System a while ago, and I went into the cave that's in the main town. The music seemed really familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it... So I called my brother in, and he said it sounded familiar too. Then, he realized that it's from the VR Temple. And after going into the VR Temple, I can confirm that it is the same music. It's not the music you first encounter in the VR Temple, but it's part way through the battle music. What I consider to be Battle music is when there are enemies around and the music picks up in tempo and the tune changes a bit. Normally the music is calm, but the 'battle music' is a bit more.. uh.. not hectic, but I hope y'all get the idea. The PS1 Caves music is part of the VR Temple battle music.

I dunno if someone's pointed this out already, but I thought that I'd just like to share it. If you've never heard the PS1 Caves music, you can get it here http://mywebpages.comcast.net/satoshi/midis/PStar1_Cave.mid

Note: The midi might not be up just yet, I've gotta get the file over the network and I'm not sure exactly where it is.

EDIT: Fixed the URL to one that works

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-17 21:03 ]</font>

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 17, 2003, 11:08 PM
Wow,
That music puts u in a trance,
Bu bu bu bu bu bu.dada bubububu. u know how it gos lol!

jediknight007
Jul 17, 2003, 11:08 PM
Can't hear a thing. Must be my PC...

Well, luckily, I have the MP3s of PSO so I'll go and listen to that instead lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-17 21:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-07-17 21:10 ]</font>

dropslash
Jul 17, 2003, 11:14 PM
i can't hear anything either, and my pc is in tip top shape.

jediknight007
Jul 17, 2003, 11:17 PM
Have it on CD as well so I'm gonna listen to it while I try and go to sleep now. 5:16am! Well, there's always 2moro night...

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 17, 2003, 11:22 PM
Strange i can hear it perfectlly,
i click on the link and then my window media player comes up and plays the music!

satoshi1
Jul 17, 2003, 11:52 PM
It's a midi... Can your browsers play midis? You might wanna try saving it and playing it in Winamp..

Lucas2k4
Jul 17, 2003, 11:56 PM
....so......catchy *drools*

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 18, 2003, 12:14 AM
Ditto!
Cept doesn't drools.

Getintothegame
Jul 18, 2003, 03:53 AM
Yes, I noticed this while playing the GBA Phantasy stars. I am pretty sure they used that song.

Guntz348
Jul 18, 2003, 04:10 AM
It's also the song for when you go to Lassics Castle, the Air Castle in PSIV. Pretty fitting since he was the boss of PSI. The PSIV version is much more detailed and a bit faster. The song in spaceship is called trick track I think. I'm pretty sure I even have heard hints of the PSII battle music. I think Behind the Circuit is even in there from PSIV, thats the music when ever you go to like a technology type place(weapons facilitys, satalites, ect.). Check out the originals, if you have PSIV hit start at the title screen, then when it says Continue, New Game, and whatnot, hit the B button it brings up the music test menu.

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 11:02 AM
On 2003-07-18 02:10, Guntz348 wrote:
It's also the song for when you go to Lassics Castle, the Air Castle in PSIV. Pretty fitting since he was the boss of PSI. The PSIV version is much more detailed and a bit faster. The song in spaceship is called trick track I think. I'm pretty sure I even have heard hints of the PSII battle music. I think Behind the Circuit is even in there from PSIV, thats the music when ever you go to like a technology type place(weapons facilitys, satalites, ect.). Check out the originals, if you have PSIV hit start at the title screen, then when it says Continue, New Game, and whatnot, hit the B button it brings up the music test menu.

A music test menu? oo, I gotta try that.

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 11:09 AM
So ST doesn't only import monsters from Episode 1, but even imports music from an older PS? XD

Sedyne
Jul 18, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-07-18 09:09, ChibiWarrior wrote:
So ST doesn't only import monsters from Episode 1, but even imports music from an older PS? XD

Shows their lack of creativeness. Oh! Let's just edit some old PS music and save costs by just enhanncing it a bit!. Yayayayaya

Kupi
Jul 18, 2003, 12:35 PM
Or perhaps it's something special for the people who've played the original Phantasy Stars. Old-timey game companies like Sega and Nintendo do that a lot.

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 12:43 PM
On 2003-07-18 10:35, Kupi wrote:
Or perhaps it's something special for the people who've played the original Phantasy Stars. Old-timey game companies like Sega and Nintendo do that a lot.

Yea, in Wind Waker, if you've noticed they use music from the Link to the Past quite a few times.

<SPOILER>

It's most notable in the Temple of Time

</SPOILER>

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 12:54 PM
I wanted to close the window so badly, but my tranced brain didn't let me o_O

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 02:08 PM
Hahah! My plan to hypnotize unsuspecting people to do my bidding has worked! Now, mindless drones, I command you! I command you, to take over the world! Mwahahaaa!!

Nambrosia
Jul 18, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-07-18 02:10, Guntz348 wrote:
...if you have PSIV hit start at the title screen, then when it says Continue, New Game, and whatnot, hit the B button it brings up the music test menu.

Just remember that you only get the sound test if you've beaten the game.

Logical2u
Jul 18, 2003, 05:32 PM
Let me see. I played Phantasy Star Collections for my GBA, and this is the Dungeon Music from PS1... and I really do think it is the music for Temple BA...

Kalbelgarion
Jul 18, 2003, 06:45 PM
Yep, Sonic Team uses quite a bit of music from the classic games. The BA Spaceship music uses PSI's Dungeon music, PSII's "Rise or Fall", "Silent Zone", as well as a few others in a really cool remix. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

They used that tune from PSI in the Temple music, and even the opening song (heard in the Prolouge) has its first few notes stolen from PSII's theme.

Doesn't bother me a bit. I think it's rather cool.

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 08:11 PM
Yea, I think it's cool too, I don't care that they didn't come up with new music, sometimes old music is better (if properly remixed).