PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Restarting By Itself

Cypher
Mar 19, 2001, 03:01 AM
Today i was playing online in vhard ruins. There were OMAR and somone else. Nothin yet. Later when i was trying to type. None of my words showed up. So then wen i saw one of them with a C-Bringers Rifle, When he shot one shot out,(i forgot who was using it) it messed up my screen. It was shoked it. The screen moved back and sorth. Then i was wonderin whats going on, then finally, my Dc restarted. I went offline to check if i lost my stuff.(Which i already knew i did) I had lost everything i didnt equip. I only lost a good Flowen's Sword and some other stuff i didnt really need.

I wanna know if this only happens to u if your online or offline too. Plz respond if this had happened to u. And did it happen online or offline.

Thanks

BenT
Mar 19, 2001, 03:31 AM
This happened to me when playing online today. Luckily, I was only carrying healing items and such when it happened.

A friend also told me that it happened to his brother in another online game today. Weird...

BenT

takamatsu
Mar 19, 2001, 03:28 PM
Hello cypher. I think you gave me my first varista. Anyway bad luck with the reset thing but it has happened to a friend of mine loads but we put it down to his DC as it started to do it offline a lot aswell.cya l8r.

Magius_00
Mar 19, 2001, 06:44 PM
Your DC is overheating.
Try to check if anything is obstructing the fan or if it accumulated too much dust (inside).

Some friends of mine were experiencing the same thing and dust was the main cause. After a quick cleanup (and a fan to keep air circulating) it never rebooted again.

GhoStar
Mar 19, 2001, 06:57 PM
The exact same things has recently occured to myself and a freind of mine.

This happened to me a while back when I was playing a game (not PSO), and then it didn't happen for a while.

Then about two days before PSO came out I am playing shenmue and the same thing happens. You can kind of hear it approaching as well, a quiet little noise will play in your DC which sounds like the laser struggling to read the disc. I then get PSO the day it comes out and it happens twice on the first day. Both times I lose my character (not that big of a problem though). It then goes over two weels without anything happening, everything's fine and then all of a sudden... BAM! Right after I level get up to level 25 (which took just under 40 hours) it happens and my file's corrupt. It then gets worse as time goes on, to the point where it'll start playing the intro to the Sonic Adventure 2 demo, and then it will go into a mad re-booting fit. I've took it into the place I got it chipped (they extended my warranty by 6v months when I got it chipped, which was 8 months ago) and have yet to get it back. They've offered to repair it even thoughit probably has nothing to do with my DC being chipped.

My freinds was like this ever since he got it back in Oct 99 and it just recently passed on fully and only occasionally gets to the swirl screen. You can hear the fan struggling in his DC and the orange light flickers like mad.

-----------
www.shenmuesite.50megs.com

Cypher
Mar 20, 2001, 01:28 AM
Yeah now i think its my Dc over heatin. I play 4 a lot hours without tunrining it off. Now on im only gonna play for like 2 hours straight.

Thanks for your responses.

segagameplay
Mar 20, 2001, 01:55 AM
put it up on a book or something and / or taker it off the carpet

Aierylia
Mar 20, 2001, 04:44 AM
Once two friends and I were playing the Endless Nightmare 2 quest. After having ventured into the caves by only a few rooms, the DC spontaneously reset...for all three of us...simultaneously. We know that it happened to all three of us at about the same time because we all made our way back online and into the lobby at about the same time.

Sion
Mar 20, 2001, 02:36 PM
does it really ? well i played for 6 hours straight and didn't happen but happened when i played for 1 hour shh, someone said it was because of the servers get too full, he said that when the servers get full i can't handle it so it kicks out people randomly shhhh ??** happened to me hated that i lost my stag Cutlary shhhhhhhhhh im so mad with that