PDA

View Full Version : GC: What Ranger Would YOU Reccomend For My Friend?

Neverwinter
Jul 18, 2003, 01:53 PM
Answer the Question Plz.
By the way, he's looking to have a RAmar at the moment so give him a reason why to or not to have one and which one should he have. I voted for RAmar so i wil show him the poll later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neverwinter on 2003-07-18 11:54 ]</font>

chewbacca
Jul 18, 2003, 02:00 PM
hi m8 i got a ramar. there quality they can use most of the best gun weps and they have high hp

Kometsky
Jul 18, 2003, 02:13 PM
I tend to prefer Droid characters since they can take alot more punishment than their Human or Newman counterparts and their power is far superior to any other in the game.
Let the socalled "carbon based" chars have tech... The big metal Droids have traps(that never miss target)

Kanore
Jul 18, 2003, 02:15 PM
On 2003-07-18 12:00, chewbacca wrote:
there quality they can use most of the best gun weps

So can the other 3 Rangers...

Bit
Jul 18, 2003, 02:19 PM
Unless he's an insecure fellow, I'd go with the RAmarl, they have a nice look on the eyes, and are very well rounded. They have the ability to use level 20 techs, I'm not sure the RAmar can do that, correct me if I'm wrong.

They gain stats fairly fast, and if he raises a decent mag, she'll be a great character.

Elvendar
Jul 18, 2003, 03:23 PM
RAcaseal is the sexiest character in PSO, end of story. Get more RAcaseal.

Robbie088
Jul 18, 2003, 05:48 PM
I don't mind playing with any of the Rangers (the androids are remarkably well equiipped to handle many situations) but I chose the Ramarl because she has the highest MST which could come in handy when you accidentally get surrounded by a group of monsters. Also, it helps to know that she can learn healing attacks faster than the Ramar, and really, when I'm trying to decide, I like to see which person looks the best (sorry, I don't like to be shallow, but I just can't stand playing with an ugly character!!) That's a reason why I like the Ramarl. She's got style (unlike that ugly metal thing the Ramar carries along on his back) and although the androids could be very good for starting out with, the Ramarl would be a better team player with being able to use Resta and Anti quicker. But hey, those are just my thoughts.

Logical2u
Jul 18, 2003, 05:55 PM
Well, I use one of every type of Ranger (except Ramarl)... so I will go over what each ones good and bad points are.
Ramar: CAn become a power master or a tech master, but only has level 15 techs. Best Accuracy and decent pow/mind.
RaMarl: Similar to Ramar, however has low accuracy and high mind stats (lvl 20 techs)
Racast: Powerful, and decently accuracte. No techs though, so healing is diffucult.
Racseal: Great for beginneers due to high Defense and decent power. No techs.

Obscenity
Jul 18, 2003, 06:04 PM
I would personally recommend either android-type. I don't know why people seem to think androids are hard to play. I've never had any problem with any of them. I think they're all great characters. And that goes for offline mode, too.

Logical2u
Jul 18, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-07-18 16:04, Obscenity wrote:
I would personally recommend either android-type. I don't know why people seem to think androids are hard to play. I've never had any problem with any of them. I think they're all great characters. And that goes for offline mode, too.

Androids are hard to play because they cant use resta to heal, therefore you can only heal 10 times unless you like to sit around for a long time.

LiVe4gCn
Jul 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
I'd say RAmarl I just deleted my RAmar today for her and she just beat De Rol Le at lvl 10 and went to lvl 11 once he died. I'm so proud of her T_T. Plus she's a hottie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Golden_Force
Jul 18, 2003, 07:02 PM
My friend has a RAmar and I am a FO. He has better ATP than a HUnewearl. He has the best ATA in the entire game, so he can use Ranger weapons sooner. He has decent other stats. And furthermore, he can use techs up to level 15. It isn't as great as twenty, but we have never had a problem with that, he can handle himself quite well when he gets sorrounded.

Obscenity
Jul 18, 2003, 07:09 PM
[/quote]
Androids are hard to play because they cant use resta to heal, therefore you can only heal 10 times unless you like to sit around for a long time.

[/quote]

I think people are too dependent on Resta, as well as S/D/J/Z. It's easier to learn to not get hit. =D

Besides, how long does it really take to pipe back and restock? All of 30 seconds? Using techniques, I'd have to go back for fluids anyway. I'd rather be able to see traps and not have to worry about being poisoned or paralyzed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-07-18 17:13 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 07:10 PM
Ramar. TP of course ^___^

mystic_knight
Jul 18, 2003, 08:57 PM
RAcaseal all the way ^_^. Good def for the few times you do get hit. But if you're a good ranger you won't get hit much anyway, so techs aren't really needed. Plus confuse traps are great. Seriously, freee and hildebear with a freee trap and hit a rappy with a confuse trap and let it go. It's great!

MasterForce
Jul 18, 2003, 09:06 PM
RAcaseal, i made one last night and they are the coolest, just gotta be carefull with the lack of reseta but if he knows what he is doing he should be fine

Slicer238
Jul 18, 2003, 09:32 PM
RAmars just because they are sweet, best ata decent power, and lvl 15 magic. If your good that level 15 S/D is all you need.

Neverwinter
Jul 19, 2003, 03:23 AM
Thanks, At the mo he is set on RAmar. But you could still convince him. Oh yeah, my ranger is a RAcaseal and she rocks; but my friend id still undecided.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 19, 2003, 05:54 AM
FOOLS!!!

RACAST!!
I created one yesterday and he is on hard mode now at level 26 using a nice guilty light and has an egg blaster ready to use soon.
He is awesome.
Not only that but he can use the soul eater when the going gets tough and the berserk option is nothing, cos he has loads of HP, wickid ATP and mean ATA.
People say he looks too chunky, PAH!!
look at Ramarls legs or RAmars wait, look like idiots.
Racast is meant to look big.
With a massive photon launcher, he looks wicked.

Auracom
Jul 20, 2003, 08:43 AM
My first character was a RAcast. And I loved using him. I'm gonna have to say RAcast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif; if he's online that is. If he's offline only then I think he should go with a RAmarl. RAmarls simply dominate offline with their techs and long range attacks.

St_Botchua
Jul 20, 2003, 01:06 PM
ramars are good because of the fact they have tp but the extra ata doesn't make that much difference over the droids

evil_zeiram
Jul 20, 2003, 02:57 PM
i say bots! pick a bot and feel secure in knowing that you are immune to annoying things like posoin and paralisis, and you can see those pesky traps and blastm outta the air before team mates even get hit. i have a racast at lvl 67 right now and im holding my own in ult! thats right ult. i love my droids and one more thing. if you get surrounded by like 7 arlans and your all alone, those freeze traps come in real handy.

Para
Jul 20, 2003, 03:17 PM
if your friend is going to play offline with you, choose a class that might help you the most.

Example: If you are a FOrce, having your friend as a RAcast or RAcaseal would definitely help you as for they can tank well.
If you are a Android, a RAmar or RAmarl would be ideal.

So yeah it really depends on what type of character you have and how he can support your weaknesses..

Sumo
Jul 20, 2003, 03:54 PM
Ramarls are IMO the most versatile of the RAs. They get level 20 techs too. I'd recommend one.