PDA

View Full Version : What do the extra attacks of these weapons do?

neo9376
Jul 18, 2003, 03:10 PM
I just came into possesion of a few rare weapons with extra attacks and the description doesn't say what they do.
1. Red Sword
2. Black King Bar
3. Ancient Saber
4. Yamato
5. Orotiagito
What does the extra attack do?

Bit
Jul 18, 2003, 03:12 PM
Red Sword - Paralyzes

Yamato - Freezes

Orotiagito - Some say it's wave of some sort, though the database says Devils. I can't be too sure, I don't have one.

And For the others, I'm not sure, I have them not.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Ah. Ancient Saber has the Kings ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-07-18 13:13 ]</font>

neo9376
Jul 18, 2003, 03:14 PM
thanks bit so far i have
1. Yamato-Freezes
2. Ancient Sword-Kings
what are the rest?

xanoki
Jul 18, 2003, 03:35 PM
Orotiagito = takes 40 hp( i think ) and attacks with a wave of energy which moves and behaves like a slicer type weapon.

Logical2u
Jul 18, 2003, 05:15 PM
Isnt the OrochiAgito special a flying wave attack (that costs 10 PB)?

dj_dan
Jul 18, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-07-18 13:10, neo9376 wrote:
I just came into possesion of a few rare weapons with extra attacks and the description doesn't say what they do.
1. Red Sword
2. Black King Bar
3. Ancient Saber
4. Yamato
5. Orotiagito

1. Red Sword - Arrest
2. Black King Bar - I don't know, I've never owned one, however I'm almost certain it's Devil's.
3. Ancient Saber - Kings
4. Yamato - Blizzard
5. OrochiAgito - Unique: Sacrifice a small amount of HP to launch a greenish/yellow crescent of energy directly ahead of you. This will not bounce around like slicers do, but instead can hit enemies bunched together or in a line (like a Photon Launcher). It will also hit flying enemies.

neo9376
Aug 1, 2003, 11:09 AM
On 2003-07-18 15:31, dj_dan wrote:

On 2003-07-18 13:10, neo9376 wrote:
1. Red Sword
2. Black King Bar
3. Ancient Saber
4. Yamato
5. Orotiagito

1. Red Sword - Arrest
2. Black King Bar - I don't know, I've never owned one, however I'm almost certain it's Devil's.
3. Ancient Saber - Kings
4. Yamato - Blizzard
5. OrochiAgito - Unique: Sacrifice a small amount of HP to launch a greenish/yellow crescent of energy directly ahead of you. This will not bounce around like slicers do, but instead can hit enemies bunched together or in a line (like a Photon Launcher). It will also hit flying enemies.

Sorry about saying this but i don't want the names of the extra attack i want to know what they do. I don't know what kings or devils means. i do know what Sacrifice a small amount of HP to launch a greenish/yellow crescent of energy directly ahead of you. This will not bounce around like slicers do, but instead can hit enemies bunched together or in a line (like a Photon Launcher). It will also hit flying enemies is though so if anyone can tell me what they do it would be great

Moleman
Aug 1, 2003, 12:18 PM
kings absorbs exp. Devil's can kill instantly, or cuts hp in half, I'm not sure.

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-08-01 10:18, Moleman wrote:
kings absorbs exp. Devil's can kill instantly, or cuts hp in half, I'm not sure.

Cuts to 1/2. Demon's cuts to 1/4.

Khaotika
Aug 1, 2003, 02:38 PM
When you get the time to play around with your Ancient Saber, check out how far away you can use the special. It's almost like a mechgun or handgun.

-Khao

Reenee
Aug 1, 2003, 02:44 PM
Sigh...

1. Red Sword
2. Black King Bar
3. Ancient Saber
4. Yamato
5. Orotiagito

Red Sword either has Seize or Arrest (one or the other; I can't remember). Those two paralyze enemies in place for about 10 seconds.

BKB is Devil's, which reduces an enemy's HP to half of what they had PER HIT. There's another called Demon's which reduces the enemy's HP to one-fourth of what they had.

Ancient Saber is King's, which steals 13% of the enemy's EXP.

Yamato is Blizzard, which freezes enemies in place for about 5 seconds.

Orotiagito has some sort of projectile attack, which was already explained.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-08-01 12:46 ]</font>

Primrose
Aug 1, 2003, 04:00 PM
[quote]
On 2003-08-01 09:09, neo9376 wrote:

Sorry about saying this but i don't want the names of the extra attack i want to know what they do. I don't know what kings or devils means. i do know what Sacrifice a small amount of HP to launch a greenish/yellow crescent of energy directly ahead of you. This will not bounce around like slicers do, but instead can hit enemies bunched together or in a line (like a Photon Launcher). It will also hit flying enemies is though so if anyone can tell me what they do it would be great

[quote]

The reason why they tell you the names of the special attacks is, if one would say Paralysis, you wouldnt know how high chances are that the enemy will be paralysed, the names correspond to different success or damage levels.
Bind for example is not as successful as Arrest, and therefore players tell you the names of the specials.
Theres also a guide for this topic.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=326