PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: No Title (Currently on - Chapter 3: From a Grey Poin

Sharkyland
Jul 18, 2003, 04:08 PM
Author's Notes:
- Now that PSO Ink Slinger Contest is over. I have decided to go back to my fanfiction and begin writing it, but this time I am making a few changes. This fanfiction is going to tie in with some of the fanfictions (Davion's "Angelus Saga" and M_Blackhawk's various fanfic titles) that you have read on this forum to some extent, and probably will try to include most or some of the characters in the Character Bank. (You'll know when you are selected when I PM, private message, you the details, so please don't PM me asking when you'll be appearing.) Not only am I a fanfic writer, I am also a play writer as well as a comic book writer (though I still think my drawing needs improvement and I really don't like CGing for I prefer the paper, mechanical pencil, and scanner method). There will be times where you might be reading a book or a play or even reading a comic book.
- My 'fanwork' will go very slowly (since I tend to work on my own pace) for even though I am not the best of writers, I still like reading other people's works. If I haven't read your fanfic for quite some time, PM me but I might not leave any suggestions and comments since everyone has their own style of writing, drawing, and play-writing. But if I see something, I'll comment.
- I thought of a really good title for this fanfiction last night, so I'm trying to remember it. Though I'm thinking of naming it "A World To Become" but it just sounds corny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-24 19:00 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 18, 2003, 04:15 PM
Chapter 0: Prologue
- "What? You can't abandon us now," cried out one of the young, male scientists working in the lab to the old male and female scientists who were at their desks packing up their valuables. "Both of you began this project, and now... now you're going to leave, leaving this project to us?"
- "Believe us. I would love to work on this project as much as you do, but we've been selected for the Pioneer 1 Project," commented the old, male scientist as he looked up from his desk.
- "I've been hearing that Pioneer 1 wasn't suppose to leave from three to five months from now. And if that is the case, then we can still be able to finish this project, right?"
- "Pioneer 1 is leaving in two weeks," stated the old, female scientist. "You have been quite indulged with this project ever since we've started this project together, and you have not noticed that four months have passed by quickly."
- The young scientist chuckles a bit, and replies, "What can I say? I really, really love my work, and I really enjoy working with you. Though I can't help wondering why they just selected you two to go when everyone else was selected two to five years ago."
- "Two scientists who were suppose to board Pioneer 1 were murdered two days ago by a group of activists who were against the migration. And since they were short on two people, both of us were selected to go even though we were totally against it."
- "Let me guess. You were forced by the army to go, right?"
- "Yes."
- "This is ridiculous. Why do they need two more scientists? It's not like the ship won't operate with twenty nine thousand nine hundred ninety eight people on board."
- "We were also boggled with that question."
- The old female scientist takes a quick glance at the clock as it read fourteen forty-five. She then turns her head to the old, male scientist, and states, "It's almost three o'clock. They said that they wanted us at the main boarding gates of Pioneer 1 by three thirty. We best be hurrying up."
- "Yes we should," agreed the old, male scientist.
- "Hey, hey wait a minute," interrupted the young, male scientist. "What about this project? What are we supposed to do with it? I seriously hope that we aren't going to trash this project since we've been working for more than fifteen years now."
- "No, we aren't going to trash it. We've worked way too long on this project, and it would be a total waste to terminate it right now," said the old, male scientist as he pulls out a diskette from his bag handing it to the young, male scientist. "I stayed awake all last night working on the final steps for this project, and now it's up to you and your team to finish this project."
- "Understood."
- "This project should not take you more than five years to finish, and I am presuming that you will be boarding Pioneer 2 which is already in the works for I would like to see how our project's results on Ragol."
- "Yes, I will be boarding Pioneer 2."
- "Good, then I'll see you on Ragol."

- Two weeks have passed, and the remaining residents of Coral bid farewell to Pioneer 1 as it leaves on its seven-year journey to the far and distant planet Ragol. Aboard the spaceship, the two scientists that were selected two weeks before the launch move on with their lives as they work on a new project as for the scientists on Coral continue what the two scientists had begun.
- The young, male scientist who is now the project manager sat at his desk overlooking the project. He was both sad and happy as each day past, but nevertheless, he continued this project with the same enthusiasm that he showed on his very first day of work. Suddenly, a young female scientist came up to him.
- "I'm rather curious about this project, sir."
- "Yes, what is your question?"
- "From all the years that I have worked here, this project has never been given a real name. The only name it's been given was Project Y."
- "The two scientists who have begun this project wanted to keep this experiment a secret, so that's why it's called Project Y. If information leaks out on what's the real purpose on this project, then the government may want to get their hands on this as well as certain activist groups. But once we finish this project, it will be called..."

---

Author's note: Bah, I think it will be easier to read with indentations, so I placed those 'dash' marks to tell you it's a beginning of a new paragraph. I wish they accepted with the HTML coding for space.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-18 16:57 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Jul 18, 2003, 04:55 PM
very interesting..can't wait for the next chapter.

later

M_BlackHawk

Sharkyland
Jul 18, 2003, 06:50 PM
Chapter 1: Hunter's Guild
- A pinkish orange haired Newman looked up the bluish gray building she had stopped at. The words "Hunter's Guild" were made out of neon cyan lights as it stayed a story above her ponytail head. She knew she had arrived at the right place, but she was a little naive if she should join this guild. The reason why she was here was the fact that it was difficult for her to find a job because she had either little or no experience; therefore, the employment agencies that were located on Pioneer 2 would have trouble finding her a job. But when she read about the Hunter's Guild in one of the emails that she got, they said that they required little or no experience. Somewhere there had to be a catch, she thought.
- The sliding glass door opened and a tall, blond male accompanied by a long, red haired Newman began to walk away from where the other Newman was standing. They were discussing about something that seemed to concern them, but she could not figure out what they were talking about nor did it mattered. Taking a deep breath, she walked towards to the sliding glass door as it opened for her once the sensors recognized her presence and just simple walked right on in.
- The interior lobby of the building was not filled with a lot people, which sort of surprised her considering this Hunter's Guild was an employment agency. There were a few humans, Newmans, and robots wandering about within in the room. A gray haired human looked up onto one of the screens of the room, and filled with curiosity, the Newman walked over to screen as well. On the screen, it displayed what seemed to be a listing of jobs. Some of them seemed rather complicated while others seemed simple. There was other stuff on the screen that she didn't understand what it meant. If she would join today, she would do the simple ones.
- "Oh, why the hell not," she thought to herself as she backed away from the screen and walked over to the counter where two ladies dressed in teal blue clothing were sitting behind it. She gave a weak smile to one of the ladies that first noticed her.
- "Welcome to the Hunter's Guild. How can I help you, miss?" asked one of the secretaries with a smile as she stood up straight causing her chest to jiggle a bit.
- "I... I would like to join," said the Newman who sounded like an engine that had trouble starting.
- "You don't sound too enthusiastic about joining the Hunter's Guild. Are you sure about this?" asked the other secretary who wasn't as developed as the other one.
- Marina chucked a bit realizing the error of her ways. "I did sound like I was unsure of myself, didn't I?" She scratched the side of her a bit as a sweat drop ran down her hair and then she cleared her dry throat. "I saw your ad today in one of emails that I received while I was in my apartment, and since I have little experience, I would like to know a little bit more about the purpose of the Hunter's Guild."
- The secretary smiled and stayed silent for a few seconds as she motioned the other secretary to speak for her by using her hand that was hidden behind the desk counter. Obviously, this girl had begun her career as a secretary for the Hunter's Guild, but the Newman's naivety wasn't able to notice it.
- "Well, let me tell you what the Hunter's Guild is all about," said the other secretary. "Unlike the employment agencies out there, our clients are not people who are looking for experience, but who can finish the job for them. Some tasks are very simple and mediocre while some tasks tend to be challenging and dangerous. For example, you may be finding jobs relating to finding lost pets or undergo a governmental investigation. There is a fee that you must pay every month, so we can upkeep the Hunter's Guild as well as provide you valuable information and items while being members here. Do you have more questions you would like to ask because I can provide you with documents if you are still interested in joining?"
- The Newman slightly smiled from the comment from the secretary about finding missing pets. "I wouldn't mind taking that type of job of finding missing pets. I really want to find a job so I can pay my rent and get some food to live before we finally reach Ragol. Though I wonder why the police doesn't handle these types of things?"
- "With the increase of hunters on Pioneer 2, the police are just getting lazy because the hunters are getting all the work done like finding missing pets and getting revenge for victims on the criminals. Usually the hunters don't do like traffic control when the traffic lights have gone dead in one of the section blocks of the city."
- "I see," pondered the Newman. "Well, I guess I'll sign up to become a hunter. I need the extra money that I can get though I won't participate in anything violent like what you said about getting revenge on criminals."
- "Okay, so what's your name?"
- "My name? My name is Marina. Marina Hojo."
- "Marina. My, that's a cute name."
- "Thanks."
- "Let me get your other personal information from you, so I can enter this into the Hunter's Guild database."

- Few minutes later...
- "Okay, Marina, now that I have entered your personal information. Let me explain a few things about the Hunter's Guild while the computer processes your information. Even though our name implies that we sound like we hunt and kill things, we have a developed a reputation that we provide a range of various jobs and services though I will not go into explanation on what types of jobs are available, but you will receive a communicator on what jobs we have available. There may be certain jobs where you might have to cooperate with other hunters while some are solo missions. You can cancel a job at any time you want to, but you will not receive any pay unless you have completed your task that you are required to do by the client. We aren't responsible for the risk of the job or the content of the job. We are only here to pair up clients with suitable and skilled hunters. If there isn't anything you can't understand for example what the client is asking for, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will give you documentations in case you forget what we said, and there will be information regarding the material we will give you. Please note that the destruction of these documentations as well as materials will cost you a large sum of money, so please take very good care of it."
- On a nearby teleporter tube located near the desk, a box began to develop from the light particles that appeared from thin air. The light particles began to connect each other and slowly their light faded to match the color of the box that was being sent from somewhere. Marina gazed at the teleporter in a trance, and she was simply amazed of how much science has improved. Her mind couldn't comprehend on how these things worked, but she was thankful it worked. The box finally materialized, and Marina looked puzzled on what was inside. The box was rather a small cube with each side measuring around a foot (12 inches). One of the secretaries went over to the teleporter and picked up the box and placed it onto the counter.
- Marina couldn't hold in her curiosity, and asked, "What's in the box?"
- "The box contains a... a special 'pet.' We call these things 'Mags.' Mags are given to Hunters that have registered with the Hunter's Guild. Every hunter has one and found many good uses of it. There is a small manual that is included in the documentation I gave you with the explanation a bit about the Mag.?
- "I see though I probably read the manuals that you have given me before I take on a job. I know nothing about these things, and they could probably come in handy one day."
- Marina grabs the box with both hands, which wasn't too heavy, and to make things easier for her, she placed the documents onto top of the box. She gives a quick nod to the secretaries as a form of thanks and turns her back towards them and begins walking to the door.
- "Marina, you forgot something."
- "Huh?" said Marina surprised a bit as she turned around and head back to the desk. She noticed on the table there was a collar lying on its surface. Laying the box onto the desk, she peered at the collar and wondered what it was.
- "If you are curious on what that is, it's a collar with a section ID that all hunters should carry. Most HUnewearls...
- "Excuse me, HUnewearl?"
- "Since you are a hunter and a Newman, you are referred to as HUnewearls. Now for the section ID, most HUnewearls just use it as a collar and place it around their neck. When you walk out of the Hunter's Guild today, the section ID shows you work for the Hunter's Guild. There will probably be some time where people will come up to you and ask you to do a job for them. Just tell the client to come to the Hunter's Guild, and we'll set up the details for your job."
- "That sounds very helpful."
- "It is."
- Marina takes the collar and stares at the light blue emblem that was engraved in the circular disk that was attached to the collar. Looking closely at the emblem, she notices the word 'Skyly' engraved on it. This must be her Section ID. Marina thanks the secretaries, and then heads out the door of the Hunter's Guild. As Marina got out, she looked up at the window staring into space and smiled.
- "Father. Mother. I have become a hunter."

---

Author's Notes: Well, here's Chapter 1. There are a few cameos here, but it's nothing major since it's just an introduction of the main character becoming a hunter. No, I won't be treating cameos like this. When a cameo does appear, they will interact with the main characters of this fanwork and participate in stuff like quests (though I'll be working on 'new' quests rather than the standard ones). Also, I wanted to place a sample drawing piece of my artwork, but I guess I'll do that for that next chapter. Chapter 2 should be coming rather quickly since I already wrote most of it with my old fanfiction.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-18 17:08 ]</font>

DnaX
Jul 18, 2003, 07:55 PM
Hey great fic Sharky! It sounds quite intresting. Keep up the good work! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

>.< X

Davion
Jul 19, 2003, 12:12 AM
Great start, Sharky. This will be a great addition to our timeline.

AUTO_
Jul 19, 2003, 01:58 AM
Great to see a fic starting from the begining of it all. Keep up the great work sharky and don't rush yourself.

Till next time! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-AUTO ( )

Sharkyland
Jul 19, 2003, 03:30 AM
Chapter 2: Marina & Her Mag
- Marina began to walk down the sidewalks of a local street that she knew, which headed off to her apartment. A few slight breezes brushed themselves upon Marina as hover cars glided by in the streets. The breezes caused some of the pages of the documents that were on top of the box to flutter a bit, but it wasn't strong enough to blow them away since they were clipped tightly together. The materials that she was carrying looked like they were heavy, but they weren't.
- Marina smiled the fact that she was a hunter. From what her aunt had told her, her parents were hunters as well, but they weren't very good at it. They only became hunters because they also too needed money to raise their only child Marina, and now, Marina was doing the same thing except she was doing this so she could live on her own since her aunt recently died. Her aunt left her a lot of money, but Marina knew that it wouldn't last her for a long time, and that's why she joined the Hunter's Guild.

- Not too far from where Marina was, a tall built guy dressed in black clothing was running away from a dark skinned HUnewearl who was chasing him.
- "Stop thief," cried out the HUnewearl, but the guy didn't answer back as he was mainly focusing on running away. From judging what the HUnewearl had called him, he had an article that she wanted which was a purse that he clutched tightly with both of his hands. The man saw a girl with pinkish-orange hair tied in a ponytail in front of him, and he thought he would use her as an obstacle for the HUnewearl that was chasing him.

- Marina could hear two sets of footsteps behind her, it started out lightly and became louder and louder. The first set of footsteps sounded so dull and low pitched for each impact made that the tone wouldn't last long before it would disappear; therefore, it must've been insulated well with rubber. The second set of footsteps sounded so crisp and high-pitched that it seemed like a woman on heels chasing someone or it was someone who was very experienced in running and is able to run across the ice without slipping. Marina turned around to see what was going on, but as she turned around, the box Marina was holding slammed into a guy. The impact caused Marina to fall to her side while the documents as well as the box flew out of her hands, and the guy who slammed into her falls on top of her due to her small body frame. Marina as she was falling down watched as the documents started to fly away while the box rolled violently on the sidewalk as the guy flattened her.
- The mocha skinned HUnewearl stopped in her tracks and pulled a blue knife. She jumped into the air and turned herself upside down by doing a half flip. She grabbed the back collar of the guy's shirt with her free hand and with some momentum still left in her pulled the guy to the side away from Marina. She quickly released her hand from the guy's collar and did another half flip to turn her back right side up and landed a few inches behind the guy's head in a kneeling position and quickly brought down her knife to the guy's neck and held it there.
- As the guy regained consciousness, the first thing he saw was the face of the angry HUnewearl who was chasing him. Her eyes were deep ruby red and the expression on her face showed 'if you move once, I'll kill you.' The guy knowing he couldn't do anything put the purse to his side showing immediately that he gave up. The HUnewearl quickly turned him so that his chest was facing the ground and began to tie the guy's hands and feet together. She grabbed the purse and slung up the handle up her arm where it would finally rest upon her shoulders. The HUnewearl walked over to Marina who was half consciousness and checked if she was okay.
- "Hey, are you okay?" asked the dark skinned HUnewearl to Marina.
- Marina groggily turned her head to the source of the voice, and nodded her head that she was somewhat okay. Marina blinked, so her eyes could get in focus and she saw a worried face of a Newman. Even though she had a dark skinned complexion, her dull silver white hair was a beautiful contrast to it. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail, and it looked like it fit it very well.
- "How many fingers am I holding up?" asked the Newman as she displayed two fingers. Marina squinted her eyes and saw that the Newman had two fingers up, and replied, "Two."
- Marina looked below her face and saw a collar around her neck, and she immediately knew that she was a hunter. Unlike Marina who had a light blue emblem, the Newman had a light orange emblem, but the word was too far away to read what that emblem was. Marina suddenly remembered that she, too, was a hunter, and immediately got up causing the HUnewearl next to her to topple to the side as Marina looked around quickly to see where the documents and her box went. The Newman was surprised to see her rise up, and she back away slowly. As Marina got up and went over to the box, the Newman saw on the ground Marina's collar with the 'Skyly' emblem.
- Marina checked the box and saw that the box had no damage to it, but she was worried about the Mag that was inside the box. She hoped that it is okay as she tries to open it. She finally got the box to open and she saw what seemed like a gigantic whale with no fins with what seems like a gigantic yellow eye on its forehead. She slowly lowered her hand into the box and Mag moved away from it trapping itself in one of the corners. Marina showed a sign of worry and moved her hand closer to Mag.
- "Don't worry, I won't hurt you," cooed Marina to the Mag. Slowly the Mag neared Marina's hand and rested itself in the palm of her hand. She slowly raised it up into the light and checked to see if it was injured in some way, but it didn't show sign of injuries. Marina petted the Mag gently to see if the Mag would react in pain, but it didn't. She slowly lifted it closer to her face, and gently kissed it where she thought the head was and suddenly the Mag became warm.
- Meanwhile, the Newman picked up Marina's collar and wondered what Marina was doing. She walked closer to Marina and saw that Marina had gotten a new Mag. The HUnewearl knew that she joined the Hunter's Guild not too long ago. The Newman began to walk towards to the scattered documents, and Marina curious what she was doing looked at her.
- "I can do that," said Marina.
- The HUnewearl turned around and faced Marina, and asked, "Are you sure? If any hover cars come by then they'll scatter the documents farther."
- "It's okay. You should return that purse back to the person it was gotten from unless it was yours and probably bring that guy to the police."
- "But..."
- "No, it's okay, really... go. It's more important than picking up these documents."
- The Newman slightly smiled, and she knew that Marina was correct in her words. She had to get the purse back to its rightful owner and bring the guy to the police. The Newman saw the Mag that Marina was holding, and stated, "Your Mag looks fine, but remember to feed it well."
- "Okay," replied Marina.
- The HUnewearl walked over to the criminal who was still woozy from the fall breaks the ties that were around his ankles and lifts him up into a standing position with one hand. She looked back towards Marina and waved, and soon they walked until they were out of sight from Marina. Marina felt a suddenly movement on her hand and as she looked, she saw it was the Mag crawling up her arm. The Mag finally stopped on her shoulder where it rested there and nuzzled her neck. The rubbing caused Marina to shake a little bit because the Mag was tickling her. As the Mag moved away from her neck, Marina looked around to see that the documents had dispersed themselves upon the floor. She went to each one without looking at them and picked them up and gathered them in one pile. Now with the box empty, she placed the documents into the box. With everything gathered, she once again headed back for her apartment.
- Marina's home was like most of the others who lived on Pioneer 2, apartments. There wasn't anyone on Pioneer 2 who lived in a separate abode with the exceptions of the shopkeepers who have made their shop their home as well as the famous family living on Pioneer 2 called the Angelus family who had their own mansion. She only knows them because they were famous for something, but she didn't know what for. As she trekked towards her apartment, which was in a bad section of the city, she carefully makes her way through the slums trying to be inconspicuous.
- Marina finally reached the door of her apartment and opened the door. The lights automatically turned themselves on revealing a two-bedroom apartment complete with a kitchen, a living room, and a bathroom. While Marina slept in one of the bedroom, the other one used to belong to her late aunt, and now it is empty. She took the box into her room and pulled the stack of papers and placed them on the desk. She then walked to the closet and pulled out a couple of small blankets and placed them in the box, and said looking at her Mag, "This is where you'll sleep."
- Remembering the words that the HUnewearl had given her, she wanted to feed it. Marina walked to the refrigerator, which was located in her kitchen and pulled out some food. Being hungry herself, she prepared the food by heating it, and when it was done, she sat herself down and began eating. Occasionally, she would take a spork filled with food and lift it up to her Mag, but her Mag refused to eat. Marina was curious on why her Mag wasn't eating. She took some more food from the refrigerator and fed it to the Mag, but it didn't eat it. Marina began to worry a little bit, and then she probably thought she was feeding her Mag the wrong thing. She decided to head out to the local supermarket to see if there was food to feed her Mag.
- The supermarket wasn't too far from Marina's apartment. As she went into the supermarket, she asked one of the workers if there was any food that she could feed her Mag, but the one she talked to did not have a clue what she was talking about. All the other workers in the supermarket had the same reaction. Marina walked out of the supermarket and sat on the curb. She looked at her Mag sadly.
- "What am I suppose to feed you?"
- But Mag didn't respond, it just came closer to Marina's head and nuzzled against it saying it was 'okay.'

- "Aww, is the poor little girl lost?" said a distant voice.
- Marina turned her head towards the source of the voice and saw nothing. She squinted her eyes a bit, and she could see a dark gray silhouette among a black background standing in the darkness of the alley. Walking out of the alley, three punk guys appeared. Their thin bodies showed that they weren't fed well and their clothes showed signs of aging.
- "Now gimme your Meseta or else," said the tallest one whose face was etched with two scars. The three pulled out various weapons consisting of a dagger, a saber, and a partisan. Knowing that she was unarmed and wouldn't stand a fighting chance, Marina went for her pocket that had her Meseta in it. Suddenly, she heard a low whizzing sound that past both of her ears before crashing into the guy holding the saber. Marina whipped her head towards the gang and saw that the guy let go of his saber because he was gripping his hand tightly for something sharp had hit it. The other two members looked at him and then at Marina and their eyes shot wide open.
- Marina was surprised when she saw a figure standing next to her. Her hair reflected from the light and Marina realized who it was. It was the same girl from before with that guy.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/cserika/pictures/marina000.jpg
- "You..."

---

Author's Notes: I guess you're surprised that I got both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 up in a day's worth of time. The reason behind that is because I have already written Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 before and most of the information in it was useable. Though from now on, it may take days, weeks, and hopefully not months for the next chapter to be up. Once again, I have forgotten to put a drawing. The picture that you see is the character Marina is based off while Grey is based off Shirufa from PSO Episode III, but their personalities are different. Well, Chapter 3 is going to have a battle scene in it if you didn't already know that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-19 02:00 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Jul 19, 2003, 10:41 AM
lookin' good so far, Sharky.

later

M_BlackHawk

DnaX
Jul 19, 2003, 02:16 PM
The story's going great! Keep it up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

>.< X

Roy_the_White
Jul 20, 2003, 11:02 PM
I like what I have read. And I especially like the idea about using the dashes to indicated new paragraphs because in my fanfic it seems that everything is running together into a jumble. Well keep up the good work. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Namevah
Jul 21, 2003, 08:32 AM
Very good. I love to see different stories intertwine in the same timeline like you are doing with BlackHawks stories and the Angulas Saga. Where did you get that pic at the end of the 2nd
chapter?

Sharkyland
Jul 22, 2003, 07:22 AM
Roy = You can use the idea if you want. I mean I'm not going to copyright or anything. I thought it would be a cool idea to do that. Too bad you can't color the dashes to meddle with the background, but I'm sure everyone's theme is different.

Navemah = The picture? Oh that's from a Japanes PC video game called "EVE: Zero". It's a detective story if you are interested in it. I have artbooks that has pictures on it.

Thanks for the support, everyone. ^_^ I'm working on Chapter 3 right now, so I'll post it once I write it and it goes through proofreading processing. I'll try to get a picture of drawing up as well though I suck a coloring. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sharkyland
Jul 23, 2003, 10:45 PM
I don't think I'll be able to get Chapter 3 up before this weekend or the weekend because I'll be heading out to the beach (7/25 - 7/27) and now that the contest is up, and I'm spending most of my time reading that. I only voted on something by accident but that was a haiku... (clicked 'vote' rather than the link itself). I'm also writing my 'Rappy Country' and 'Best Fight Scene' fanfictions as well, but since Chapter 3 needs to put up soon, I'll delay those for a while.

Sorry, sorry, I won't tell you who I voted for in the contest though you really don't have to vote for me because they aren't that good. I couldn't get any of my fanfictions less than 3000 words (Rappy Country or Best Fight Scene) so I stuck with Haiku and Short Story) or couldn't finish it because I was having trouble saying it. Oh, well, at least I gave it a shot though I'm not too thrilled about the plush Rappy. *tries to find some PSO manga online* Oh yeah, good luck to all the entries in the contest and thank the moderators for putting up a great contest.

(Updated: 2003.07.24)
Alright, I finally voted for one entry in each category, though for some of them, I'm quite surprised with the results. I had a really tough choice on picking the 'best fight' entry there were too many good ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-24 14:18 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Jul 24, 2003, 04:30 PM
I like it. With your story now intertwining with the others there will be one massive "world" of stories to read. Your take on the Hunter's Guild/Hunters is very interesting. I'm looking foward to more. As for the time inbetween...it happens. At some point it may take a month to get a new chapter then another time you'll pop out two or three within a week. Good luck.

Sharkyland
Jul 24, 2003, 08:58 PM
Chapter 3: From a Grey Point of View
- The gray haired HUnewearl walked towards the Hunter's Guild along with the thief that she had caught stealing the handbag. It was rather a quiet and yet eerie journey towards their destination, well; it was at least to her. Most of the culprits that she had apprehended would curse using extreme obscenities, but the one she had in front of her did not say a single word. Was he mute? No because she had heard him speak. With the dull sounds of the hover cars in the streets and other various sounds of the world around her, the HUnewearl's curiosity intervenes.
- "You seem rather quiet," asked the HUnewearl.
- The guy offered to listen to her words, but he didn't tend to a response. She waited a while to see if the guy would answer, but silence greeted them both. The HUnewearl sighed and grabbed the guy by the shirt and spins him around and pushes him against a nearby wall. She thought this would be a great place to do it since not a lot of hover cars ventured down the street she was walking as well as the small amount of people who walked around this area.
- "I guess you didn't hear my hidden question in that sentence, so let me rephrase it for you. Usually people who keep quiet are up to something big, so what is it that you are hiding?" she said with a slight tone of threat as her ruby red eyes stared deep into the guy's blue eyes.
- Her red eyes pierced deeply into his heart. He felt like he was the prey being pinned down by the predator ready to be eaten, but it seems that the predator has some preparations that she had to take care of first. Her threat didn't sound like if he had any last requests before she eats him but more like a reason why she shouldn't eat him.
- "The situation is too complex for you to understand," answered the guy as he turned his head trying to avoid being stared at.
- "Oh really?" she asked in surprise.
- The guy turned his head back facing the HUnewearl as he felt his heart starting to beat faster and harder. Her cold stare faded into a sense of amusement seeming to want more humor directed towards her as if she was looking to see if the guy could make her laugh. But before he could respond to the remark, the HUnewearl explained a little bit more on what she knew about the situation.
- "It's good that I have your attention now because I want you to explain to me in detail what I saw," stated the HUnewearl. "I apparently was sitting on a bench when I saw you stand there keeping your eyes fixed on this lady who was handed a compact by some guy dressed in black. First I thought you would be stalking the girl trying to figure out what she was doing, but once the exchanged was given, you made your move, and stole the lady's handbag when she had lowered her sense of security, which wasn't long from when she had received the compact. And of course, I being a hunter, I responded to her cry for help. But I could feel something strange about her, her request was more than getting back the handbag for her tone she was displaying seemed like she wanted you dead as well."
- The guy's eyes widen with amazement. It seemed that the girl he thought that wouldn't understand seems to pay attention to details very carefully. The HUnewearl lighten her force onto the guy letting him stand on his own.
- "Okay, I'll tell you," he said. "The compact that was given to the lady isn't what you think. If you think that I'm lying, why don't you pull out the compact out and you'll see what I mean."
- The HUnewearl rolls her eyes to the side and searches for the compact in the handbag and pulls it out. It was a blue compact not bigger than 4 mini discs stacked on top of each other. Opening it, she found what seemed to be a small clear white disk.
- "What is this?" she asked.
- "I don't know," he responded. "I was ordered to steal it."
- "Whom are you working for?"
- "I'm sorry, I can't tell you that though the only thing I can tell you is what our purpose is."
- "Which is?"
- "There is a secret organization located on both Pioneer 1 and Pioneer 2. Their purpose is still unknown but we feel that they have an evil intent. Our purpose is to uncover what their purpose is and put a stop to them. We are thinking that they are using a dummy communication to communicate between each other."
- "Dummy communication?" asked the HUnewearl in surprise.
- "This dummy communication is some sort of passive communication link, which involves 'dead' satellites," the guy stated.
- "Dead satellites?"
- "Do you know what happens to dead people?"
- "What does this have to..."
- "Just answer the question."
- "They are either cremated, used for experiments, or jettisoned out of the ship since there is no place for burials."
- "Well the ones that are cremated and used for experiments are useless, but the ones that are jettisoned out in caskets are fitted with a special device that only the communication department on this ship can decipher. Even though it's not a direct communication with Pioneer 1, I'm pretty sure it's a set of messages on what to do next or telling their progress or what's already been done."
- "That's rather clever of them."
- "Yes, it is. I don't think the government knows about this. There are so many loopholes in their system that it would take a lot of time before they could figure out what is going on. And if they do figure out what's going on, it would already be too late for that plan would have been initialized. We're also having trouble figuring out what they are doing. Whoever the leader is, he's not someone to mess with."
- The HUnewearl looked at the compact once again that she held in her hand, and then she looked at the guy standing in front of her. Thoughts rushed through her mind in trying to figure out what was going on, but when he said that there was a small disk located within the compact, it may be that he could be telling the truth. Putting one hand on his shoulder, she turned him around as she took out a knife cutting the bondage around his wrists before turning him back around once again.
- "Go," said the HUnewearl as she placed the compact into the guy's hand.
- The guy looked at her strangely wondering what was happening. Before he could speak, the HUnewearl zipped the handbag and brought the strap up her arm. Her eyes were shadowed by the bangs of her hair as she turned her body in the direction of the nearest Hunter's Guild.
- "Thank you," said the guy.
- "You better be telling the truth," said the HUnewearl with the front of her body already facing away from the guy. "For if I find you that you weren't, my wrath will have no mercy."

- The HUnewearl walked out of the Hunter's Guild as she breathed out a sigh considering the little amount of Meseta that she had gotten from her client. The female client was obviously angered when the compact in her handbag was missing. She obviously told her client a lie trying to hide the real truth on what really happened by saying that the guy who stole the handbag grabbed something out of it and tossed the handbag away before disappearing into a crowd of people.
- Pocketing her Meseta into her pocket, she noticed that there was something there. She grabbed the object and quickly she saw what it was. It was the section ID collar that she had accidentally picked up from the ground and belonged to that new hunter. Considering that section IDs are expensive to replace, she went off in search of the pinkish orange haired HUnewearl.
- Stopping at the closest Hunter's Guild near where she met the pinkish haired HUnewearl, she got the address of the one called Marina. As she went to her apartment, she stayed there for a couple of minutes knocking on the door, but noticing that no one was there, she decided to come back later since her stomach grumbled due to lack of food. She began looking for the nearest grocery market in the section that was unfamiliar to her until she noticed a pinkish haired HUnewearl standing in front of three lanky guys. The pinkish haired HUnewearl fit the description of the girl she met before. The three guys brandished their weapons: one holding a saber, the other one a dagger, and the last one a partisan.
- "Three on one, such unfair odds," said the gray haired HUnewearl to herself. Grabbing a knife from her belt, she turned it on and threw it like a knife towards the guy holding the saber. The knife hits the hand of the guy as he lets go of his saber as he cringes in pain. With the distraction already taken place, the gray haired HUnewearl moves over to Marina where her shadow pastes itself onto Marina. Marina turned her head knowing that somewhat was near her towards the gray haired HUnewearl and was surprised to see her once again, but the only thing she could utter was "You..."
- "My name isn't 'you', its Grey," stated the gray haired HUnewearl. "And you must be Marina."
- Marina blinked at Grey wondering how she knew her name. Grey without turning her head to Marina pulled out her section ID from her pocket. Marina looked at the section ID, and she immediately knew it was hers.
- "I accidentally picked it up," said Grey. "But let me deal with these people first."
- The thief that was holding his hand in pain from the searing cut of the knife that Grey threw looked up at the two HUnewearls as she cussed something between his tightly clenched teeth. He looked to both of his buddies and gave them a glare passively telling them to kill the two girls.
- "Rudra!" said Grey raising her voice. Suddenly, a Rudra Mag appeared and floated a little above Grey's shoulders. It was silver with the inside colored with a light sky blue, and it looked rather happy that it's owner didn't forget about it. "Stay behind me Marina."
- Marina nodded and stepped back until she was two to three feet behind Grey. Grey raised her left hand into the air and she moved her fingers telling the thieves to come at her. The first thief to come at her was the one holding the partisan as he raised his voice trying to intimidate Grey, but Grey wasn't dazzled by his spectacle. As he closed in towards her, he thrust the blade towards her mid section, but she slides to one side of the partisan grabbing onto the pole with her left hand a few inches below the blade. With a firm grip, she pulled on the pole launching the thief towards her as she wound her right arm and punched the thief squarely in the face sending him flying backwards as his whole body slams into the ground. The partisan that she was holding onto slowly turns off, and Grey just tosses it to the side. The thief with the daggers then charges at her, and as he got close to Grey, he slashed at Grey's chest horizontally with one of the daggers. The dagger whizzed past Grey's old position as Grey quickly kneels down to the floor taking a step towards the thief. Rising to a standing position, she grabs the thief's left hand with her right hand, and raises her palm of her left hand into the thief's chin launching him up into the air. With her right hand still holding onto his left arm, she pulls him back down and shoulder tackles the thief into the stomach with her left shoulder sending him flying backwards onto his back.
- The third thief standing in the back watched with fear and amazement as he sees Grey take out his two buddies without using a weapon. He shivered in his position from the amount of strength that Grey was resonating. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to defeat Grey, he quickly turns around and begins running in the opposite direction. Grey sees that the thief was running away from her, so she quickly runs to the partisan and activates it. Holding the partisan like a javelin but with the blade facing away from the thief, she launches it into the air as end of the pole slams into the middle of the thief's back making him fall face down onto the ground.
- With the three thieves on the ground, Grey turned around to Marina who was still standing in the same position holding onto her Mag. She smiled to see that she was okay, but to make sure she asked, "Are you okay, Marina?"
- "Y... yes," stuttered Marina.
- "That's good."
- As Grey took a step forward towards Marina, her stomach grumbles loudly indicating that she was hungry. Grey's face turned red, but it was difficult for Marina to tell due to Grey's mocha colored skin, but when Marina heard the sound, she immediately knew that Grey was hungry.
- "Why don't you stop by my place to eat?" asked Marina as she smiled. "I got plenty of food."
- "Sure," replied Grey.

---

Author's Notes:
- Well, now that I've read all the contest entries, I can finally begin once again working on my fanfiction, which is a good thing, right? ^_^ Though as for the other fanfiction 'Rappy Country' and 'Best Fight Scene', I'll work on it when I have time, which is something I don't have a lot of anymore considering I am still reading people's fanfictions as they update their's with new chapters, plus I'm drawing once again.
- Chapter 4 is going to be boring to tell you off the bat, but it will give some more background information on both Marina and Grey.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-24 19:41 ]</font>

Davion
Jul 24, 2003, 09:14 PM
Cool chapter. I like where you're going with this. You have quite a few good ideas.

DnaX
Jul 24, 2003, 10:17 PM
Great fight scene. Waiting to here more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

>.< X

M_BlackHawk
Jul 25, 2003, 08:53 PM
in the words of the old German guy on "Laugh-in"..."Very Interesting". I cannot WAIT to see where you go with this, Sharky.

later

M_BlackHawk

Sharkyland
Jul 25, 2003, 11:21 PM
Okay, here, finally is my ability I can draw. I'm still having trouble with proportions, but I'm working on that. I apparently do not shadow, but I'm learning that too. The picture is kinda crappy due to the fact that my scanner has a very low resolution (that's what you get when you buy a $40 scanner from some fourth party group). Bleah. I have a long way before I can become a professional. (I can't draw hands yet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) Comments?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/cserika/pictures/marinagroup01.gif

I think I drew Marina wrong. *shrugs* First draft.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-07-25 21:31 ]</font>

M_BlackHawk
Jul 26, 2003, 08:28 AM
looks good to me, Sharky.

Can't wait for your next chapter.

later

M_BlackHawk

Davion
Jul 26, 2003, 11:33 AM
Great pic. I like how you have Grey posing.

Sharkyland
Aug 14, 2003, 09:06 PM
Argh... I've been very swamped with vacations and projects and conventions this month, so I'll probably won't be back until early September maybe. I don't have enough time to post Chapter 4 a bit, and I might do some revisions.