PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider "legit"

Freak74
Jul 18, 2003, 06:24 PM
Just wondering what most people consider "legit"? Is finding a red handgun and giving it to a lvl 25 character, with a mag that you personally made so you can use it, considered un-"legit"? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Also, why do people come in to a game see someone is using a over duped weapon and automatically leave thinking its duped? Except the T J-sword. We all know that no one knows how to unseal the sealed J-sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarana
Jul 18, 2003, 06:27 PM
Yes, what you propose is totally legitimate.

And also, I don't just write off heavily duped items before I ask where they found them. If they say their Psycho Wand was found from Sinow Zele, they're lying and it's a dupe. But if they say it was from Mil Lilly, maybe I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It's all circumstantial.

ABDUR101
Jul 18, 2003, 06:29 PM
It's all been blown way out of proportion with what anyone thinks "legit" is, asking quite literally won't get you anywhere because there are so many conflicting ideals of what "being legit" means.

Just play the game and have fun, thats why it was made. =)

Freak74
Jul 18, 2003, 06:34 PM
I totally agree! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just last night this guy comes in, restocks his items before piping down, sees that one of the RAmars is using Guld Mila, askes "Guld Mila?", throws downa a pipe and leaves the game. What?! Just play the game dammit!!! >=|

St_Botchua
Jul 18, 2003, 06:34 PM
personaly i think legit is some one who does not have severly duped weapons [b] and is not completly maxed at a level under 100

XtheRouge
Jul 18, 2003, 06:52 PM
Legit (n.) - a person not using dupes or level up tricks

*shrugs* Frankly, I couldn't care less. If you're not an idiot, we'll get along just fine.

StryderPSO
Jul 18, 2003, 06:58 PM
i think legit is when they dont tamper with codes, and dont trade at all to anyone with anything, even giving stuff out

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 07:12 PM
Not many are legit. Legit is NO duped/hacked items, or ever USED duped/hacked items. some other things i'm sure

Squeee
Jul 18, 2003, 07:20 PM
legitcy is whatever you want it to be, me I think it's just not accepting things you know are duped or using hacks. I think tweaking (giving high level mags and lots of mats to new character) your character is fine bla bla bla... but anyway. Don't listen to people when they accuse you for being non legit or leave games becuase you have items they think are duped. they are probaly jealous anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Nerd
Jul 18, 2003, 07:47 PM
I think twinkin a character up is fine, after all you put in the hard work for that first character, no sense wasting your time struggling through the next one, unless of course, you are into that sort of thing.

Aurra
Jul 18, 2003, 07:53 PM
I don't even think about legit vs. unlegit anymore... I often give people the benefit of the doubt when they say something is legit, just because of the unreal things Celisse has found O_o Of course, more often than not I don't even ask if someone is legit, since I quite simply, don't care. You're not so special that I'm going to lose sleep over what items you use http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skankhair
Jul 19, 2003, 10:38 AM
If you play the game to have fun, and don't seek to get your fun at the expense of others, then to me, you are legit.

You can use only what items you find, and never use any level tricks, or trade with anyone. Or even twink. But if you are an ass, scream in the lobbies, etc... you aren't legit to me.

You can have 4 Al Rappies and a J-Sword, but if you act nice and play nice, you are legit to me.

But technically speaking, if you use any level tricks, dupes or hacks, you aren't legit. How do you know if you have a dupe? You don't. So I don't really give a fuck whether someone is legit or not. And you shouldn't care whether you are or not either. Just have fun. See sig.

Vic_Viper
Jul 19, 2003, 12:31 PM
My opinion :
Finding items, sharing with other own characters,
or friends: legit
Getting legitimally earned items/weapons from friendly people: legit
Sharing your own hardwork earned S-Rank weapon with your own characters, and maybe with friends: legit
Finding mats with various characters and using them with only one of your charracters: legit

By this I mean anything you can do with the game which doesn't result on item duplication/modification (without using game provided mechanisms such as grinding and similar) is to be considered legitimate. Taking advantage of bugs for self benefit should be avoided.
Into this goes : overgrinding, illegal percentages, duping and data corruption.

Unfortunatelly it's not restricted to this, but ill-manered users can also attack people causing game hangs, data corruption and disconnection. Talk about pain in the butt ... This is no news even to PSO newbies ... but I thought it was worth a mention.
Thanks ...

edit : correct typos

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vic_Viper on 2003-07-19 10:33 ]</font>

HayatoShi
Jul 20, 2003, 04:43 AM
LEGIT is basically living your life as the gender you were born with. I saw this woman at 7-11 who sounded and look like a man. She looked like she is studying how to be a woman. She needs to be legit.

Freak74
Jul 21, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-07-20 02:43, HayatoShi wrote:
LEGIT is basically living your life as the gender you were born with. I saw this woman at 7-11 who sounded and look like a man. She looked like she is studying how to be a woman. She needs to be legit.

That's interesting @_@

Micah
Jul 21, 2003, 07:08 PM
On 2003-07-20 02:43, HayatoShi wrote:

ok.. guys legit means different things for different situations. basicly we are talking about PSO here, not 7-11. in which legit in PSO means someone who

1. doesnt hack/cheat/dupe
2. doesnt not use anything in the game that is or came from anything associated with #1
3. doesnt expliot or use any of #1 to gain an advantage beyond that of thier character
4. plays the game fairly within the standards of the glitches left in by programers, otherwise known as no using boss tricks or enemy respawning tricks.

but each of us has thier own opinion of what legit is. so its best left at that.

but even hackers seem to have rights to cheat. but in so they should comend by the 2 rules

1. its offline and you dont save it (just for fun)
2. its a fair set. for instance, like your offline only. and p-drops are useless to you. i say its perfectly fair to cheatingly get items you normaly can with those drops, while you also lose the drops (drop then and shut off game)

its the same as trading them online
but its still cheating
but hey.. your offline only.. thats fair dont you think?

the only 'bad' cheating is cheating that affects other peoples time to enjoy the game (i.e. online cheating) otherwise cheating on offline games only is just for fun since you cant go online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2003-07-21 17:10 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Jul 21, 2003, 10:04 PM
Me.

jt
Jul 23, 2003, 08:31 AM
as long as it isnt hacked/duped ur legit such as me, trading though is a bit different even though i do trade i have common sense and a high level of reasoning to figure out if the fag tryin to trade me has a legitimate item or if the item is just bs

abnel
Jul 24, 2003, 09:06 AM
I think the hackers are just idiots who have nothing else to do but ruin everybody else's life. Also duping items is very stupid. Legit is somebody who works hard for his player to be the best. But to be the best, there is no need to cheat.