PDA

View Full Version : The Minibosses

Kid_Icarus
Jul 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
This is the best Video Game Cover band ever, and the best thing is their MP3's are free.

They were just on TechTV playing the Goonies 2 theme and it was awesome.

Here's a link to five free MP3's:

Download and enjoy (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/showtell/story/0,24330,3481014,00.html)

LamerPanda
Jul 18, 2003, 07:53 PM
You can get them off their site too. o_O

http://www.minibosses.com/

^-^;

I can think of two other video game cover bands, NESkimos and Ice Climbers, both of them have their songs on their site for free.

Anyone know of any others? n_n

s.TiNgEr
Jul 18, 2003, 08:15 PM
vidio game cover bands? whats that?

Kid_Icarus
Jul 18, 2003, 08:19 PM
On 2003-07-18 18:15, Stinger08 wrote:
vidio game cover bands? whats that?

I'll ignore your sad Post Count +1 crusade and explain.

A video game cover band is a band that plays Video Game themes. Such as Metroid, Mega Man and the like.

If you had clicked on the link and looked, you'd see some songs there for download. They are themes of the game named with a rock twist.

My favorites are the Metroid one and Castlevania and Mega Man. The goonies one isn't available yet ;_;

And Lamer needs to share some of those bands she's named with me sometime ._.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 19, 2003, 05:00 AM
i love the mini bosses. i've known about them for years now.

used to have some of their stuff on my old PC, a few years back. i even remember that i found them while looking for castlevania music.

it's a shame that they do't have the tune from the one contra game from the secret level where you fight a parody of a singer who dressed up as alucard (i think) who had a band named after a castlevania tune (i think, again, i'm not too sure as i saw this years back) crossed with simon, that tosses a fish at you when he comes on, and forces you to fight him to a strange version of vampire killer.

you even get a different ending for that.

i can't remember what contra game that was.. no matter..

i still love the minibosses stuff

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 11:24 AM
sweet! that metroid stuff rocks!

Nerd
Jul 19, 2003, 11:35 AM
Ahh that Megaman 2 brings back memories...and isn't nearly as horrifyingly ghetto as the original tracks.

LamerPanda
Jul 19, 2003, 10:32 PM
On 2003-07-19 03:00, Sai-Yuk wrote:
it's a shame that they do't have the tune from the one contra game from the secret level where you fight a parody of a singer who dressed up as alucard (i think) who had a band named after a castlevania tune (i think, again, i'm not too sure as i saw this years back) crossed with simon, that tosses a fish at you when he comes on, and forces you to fight him to a strange version of vampire killer.

Guessing... Gackt? Malice Mizer? O_o

Never heard of that happening. Too bad because it sounds really interesting. XD