PDA

View Full Version : FOmar or FOnewm: Which is better?

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 18, 2003, 09:11 PM
leanin towards fonewm, till i remembered humans get 250 materials instead of 150...

excecutor
Jul 18, 2003, 09:24 PM
go with fonewm as he wilp rape ultimate mode like no other character, just to let you know, ur fonewm will suck until he reaches lvl 50 or so, and even then wont be all that great til about 65, and after that hell be an unstopable killing machine. mat use wont mean that much, as the only things that ull put mats toward is mind and possibly defense, remember, forces dont need atp, dex, or luck. this is of course if ur force is going for all magic and no melee. put everything in ur mag into mind, and ull be great, plus fonewm has a much better mind stat then the fomar anyways. just my opinion, hope this helps.

excecutor
Jul 18, 2003, 09:26 PM
oh yeah, the fonewm can also regenerate tp wich is nice, for when u have to use that final technique to kill of enemies b4 u pipe back rather then having to start all over. hope this helps and most of this is just my opinion so yeah.

edit: sorry for not getting all my thoughts in in one post, anyways i remembered, fonewms also get a 30% natural bonus to the RA level techniques which is really really nice for ult. the fomars get a 30% boost to the GI tecniques, but ull most likely want to be nuking everything with rafoie from a safe distance than gifoie right in the middle of the fray, just some more thoughts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: excecutor on 2003-07-18 19:31 ]</font>

Neverwinter
Jul 19, 2003, 03:29 AM
Um, no. Go with the FOmar, if you look at his character status picture, you can see that he is an excellent Force to have, + FOmar has way more ATP so if you arm him with a gun and you run out of TP, you can switch to your gun and do really good damage.

Dan_theUltimate
Jul 19, 2003, 05:19 AM
choose both. my chars are:
FOnewm
FOmar
HUmar
HUcast
HUcaseal
RAcast
RAmar

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 19, 2003, 10:29 AM
aight, i made a pinkal FOnewm... Pouvir... lvl 5 thus far, w00t http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 10:36 AM
FOnewms are way goofy-looking. I don't think I'd ever pick one.

excecutor
Jul 19, 2003, 10:42 AM
i think that were going stat wise, not personal preference to the way the characters look....

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 19, 2003, 10:44 AM
On 2003-07-19 08:36, Obscenity wrote:

i like montagues hat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i dont like how it looks like they have a fat ass when u view them from behind tho o_0

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 10:46 AM
On 2003-07-19 08:44, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

On 2003-07-19 08:36, Obscenity wrote:

i like montagues hat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i dont like how it looks like they have a fat ass when u view them from behind tho o_0

Lol The platform shoes are kinda dumb, too.

excecutor
Jul 19, 2003, 10:51 AM
yeah i have to admit, the character may look kinda dumb, but can u get another character to do, at lvl 65, 450+ damage to gilchics in the mines? can u take out a group of gilchics in like 4 rafoies with a fomar? this is of course with a mind mag, lvl 24 rafoie or so, a rafoie merge, and fire scepter angi, but still, with the right equipment, fonewms own ultimate mode episode 1!

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 11:06 AM
On 2003-07-19 08:51, excecutor wrote:
yeah i have to admit, the character may look kinda dumb, but can u get another character to do, at lvl 65, 450+ damage to gilchics in the mines? can u take out a group of gilchics in like 4 rafoies with a fomar? this is of course with a mind mag, lvl 24 rafoie or so, a rafoie merge, and fire scepter angi, but still, with the right equipment, fonewms own ultimate mode episode 1!

I dunno. I don't care. I pick my characters based on looks. People worry too much about stats and not enough about style.

lordinviso
Jul 19, 2003, 11:19 AM
FOmar is better because you can melee which is awsome since you don't have to always rely on techs.

Aphrodite2003
Jul 19, 2003, 12:13 PM
I" d have to say Fonewm. Fomars have high ATP, but there max ATA is 160, I mean really. Do u think u can hit stuff in Ult wit 160 ATA? Anyways, I happen to like the way Fonewms look(dont ask why). And just think of the damage a Fonewm coulkd do wit a Psycho Wand? WEll, thats my input.

Shimarisu
Jul 19, 2003, 02:12 PM
All out tech or all out attack characters are easy and boring as hell. The two best chars for mix and match magic/attack are also the best looking in the game (FOmar and HUnewearl). Unless you want a really easy time of it, standing in a corner pressing a button and watching numbers appear on the screen, go with FOmar. I don't have a FOnewm, but I do have a FOnewearl. Chars like that are as boring and as cheap as a HUmar with BKB. Not sure they are as boring as RA though, I fell asleep the other day when I was playing as RAmarl.

- Shimarisu (not a button tapper, a genuine strategist).