PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Hunters License

Jkid
Jul 18, 2003, 09:20 PM
Should the hunter's License fee be used for each server.
e.g. Players that pay for their HL in USA will pay for their use server only.JP users would do the same and EU.

Pros and Cons?

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 09:23 PM
If this is GC version..

Pros: none
Cons: you can't play with other regions

If it's the Xbox version it doesn't really matter, seeing as how the servers aren't linked already.

You're paying $8.95 a month to play, but you can play on all of the servers (GC). Do you wanna pay MORE just to play on other servers?? I play on JP servers quite often for c-mode, sometimes that's the only place that i can find a c-mode game. I think it's good how it is. I see no reason for it to be changed.

Jkid
Jul 18, 2003, 09:51 PM
Think about it,the HL's we're paying are funding mostly the JP servers. If Sonic Team let Sega of America and Sega Europe to collect the fees for their own server,we could have more quests by now.

And that goes for the Xbox version.

Unless Microsoft is the publisher.

Speaking of which,which one really is supporting the PSO severs Sega or MS.

I'm going to amke a poll about that now.

satoshi1
Jul 18, 2003, 10:04 PM
Well, if you're on the xbox version, then I assume that the fees are going towards the US servers. But I have no idea. This really has no point... You're gonna be paying $8.95 no matter what. Whether you play on US, EU, or JP servers.

And if the funds were going towards the US servers only, the chances of you getting new quests sooner would be the same as now, if not less. The quests have to be developed first, they can't just pull them out of a magic hat.

Outrider
Jul 19, 2003, 12:04 AM
On 2003-07-18 20:04, satoshi1 wrote:
Well, if you're on the xbox version, then I assume that the fees are going towards the US servers. But I have no idea. This really has no point... You're gonna be paying $8.95 no matter what. Whether you play on US, EU, or JP servers.

And if the funds were going towards the US servers only, the chances of you getting new quests sooner would be the same as now, if not less. The quests have to be developed first, they can't just pull them out of a magic hat.

But if that were possible, that would be such an awesome hat...

lordinviso
Jul 19, 2003, 02:38 AM
Pros: NONE EVIL!
Cons: Why god why I hate playing with americans for challenge mode we suck!

Jkid
Jul 19, 2003, 08:05 AM
Seriously if we do that,the each of the servers will have equal amounts of money. So the the other compaines maintaining the servers (SOA and SOE) might have more money to fix server problems(FSOD and BSOD I hope...),and maybe remove the double save.