PDA

View Full Version : I shalt not be discouraged.

magenta
Mar 19, 2001, 09:07 AM
finally reached level 40 on my Fomarl force character (bluefull).

got myself a photon claw, and have level 36 pow on my Marica mag.. so im killing nano dragons, those big scorpion things on hard with relative ease (2-3) hits..

yes.. people may say forces suck, but mine shalt kick ass.

Lamalas
Mar 19, 2001, 12:28 PM
You go girl! It all depends on your particular style of play. I don't necessarily think they suck...the implementation of Forces wasn't the best in the world though. I guess I'm just old school AD&D where I think magic users should be able to take down the entire world without breaking a sweat. *sigh*...wouldn't it be nice though?!

MsFortune
Mar 19, 2001, 12:36 PM
yeah, keep playing the force.. they look cool too, well the girls do (hehe..) i'm amazed that you got onto hard at lvl40 at all... i can't beat that darn vol opt guy with my lvl 30 force... in the second phase he hits me once and i die.. the info says keep movin... not a help if you take 2 secs to cast rawhatever. I'm british too help!!

Lamalas
Mar 19, 2001, 12:50 PM
MsFortune: Are you talking 'bout offline or online? I haven't even tried going through the mines offline in any difficulty. I went through enough and beat the Dragon and the Giga Shrimp...did some questing too, but it gets too boring. So far on Normal...I can kill most things with one hit with any of my spells. So one Razonde/Rafoie/Rabarta and everything falls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe I'll get bored and go into offline Mines tonight and whoop some ass... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Or I could play my Hunter...hmmm...

magenta
Mar 19, 2001, 12:50 PM
hello msfortune (??? nice name)

yah.. are you on hard level or on normal..
i think vol opt was quite hard at first. but when you know how it becomes easily, though a bit long since he heals aswell..

in vol opts second form. just keep running around circles until the after the second set of metallic pillars have dropped.. them let him have it with your most powerful spells (the electric based ones do the most damage.. you should be able to do three spells before he turns to you, and releases the green ball... run away before this happens, and circle him again, and again until the pillars have finished trying to hit you.. then do the spells again..

i took him out at lv 22 on normal... now i can take him out in a minute or so..(at norm..havent encountered him at hard yet).

if i see you online, ill give you a buzz and we will go shopping on pioneer2's carnaby street.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 19, 2001, 01:16 PM
You think you got it tough with nano dragons, magenta?

lol

wait till you take on dfalz in vhard mode. that will make ya mad as hell. I don't think i could survive his grants / swipe until around lvl 80... was so embarassing to go into a battle with a bunch of lvl 50 hunters and have to rely on them to keep me alive instead of vice versa.

but forces are still fun to play. altho they should definitely have some advantage that other classes don't. like, i dunno, unique spells maybe, or half way decent weapons, hmm...

MsFortune
Mar 19, 2001, 01:27 PM
unfortunatley i have no phone and hence no online play. i would love to play with ya tho. I know i'll beat vol opt before long... i was moaning about da worm thing a couple a weeks ago, it scared me so much when i first got there, now yesterday i beat him twice in a row without even having to sweat. i guess once you've played online with some good people you can see how the boss works without all its attacks killing ya, then go offline and do it. i am determined to finish the game on normal offline, how many other people have done that??? if nothing else it is a triumph over boredom and leveling up..
eventually i'll be online, with zero duped items and a high enough level that everyone will be like: who dat? never heard of ya...??
thanks for the vol opt helpie tho
mf

Lamalas
Mar 19, 2001, 01:33 PM
Ah...sorry you don't have a phone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif As soon as I could, I jumped online and got all my Ra-level spells. I was lvl 5 or so and fighting the Giga Shrimp with some lvl 20s...hehe

I leveled up quickly though...which is one benefit of going online...everyone else can kill the stuff and you can sit back and cast on stuff w/o too much fear.

Good luck fighting Vol Opt...!

The_Saint
Mar 19, 2001, 02:15 PM
Just a quick tip on Vol Opt....when in second form Vol Opt spin to face you with the attack he will use. the "column attack" looks like a brow scaly.......uuuhhhh.........thing! A tracking laser will lock onto you when he turns to this side. Just before his attack, the scales open & light comes out of em.

So what i do is attack till the scales start to open..then RUN. continue to adjust your view so as to not run into the wall OR vol opt. As both will slow u down allowing the columns to crush you. Once both sets of columns have dropped return to the Butt Whoopin'.

Oh Yeah.. watch for the Missles too. But these are slow and easily aviodable.

ok. i guess that wasn't too quick....sorry.

magenta
Mar 19, 2001, 02:16 PM
hey miskrel_zwo..

i didnt say i was having a hard time with the nano dragons on hard.. i was it was sweet to reduce them to dust with 2-3 hits of photon claw.

only annoythings are those damn sharks.. theyre okay on their own.. but in groups.. no hand to hand.. just smmoke their butt with magic.. until three of em are left.. then photon clawww..

jazzyfox
Mar 19, 2001, 02:26 PM
Mmm, I found that when he fires the missles, if you get up reeeeeeally close, like, underneath the appendages, they don't hit you at all. I was playing once, and got under the missle arm, and view was such that I could watch the missles shoot out, curve down, and hit the floor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I think being defeated hard by a boss puts you into 'super-level-up' mode, where you just go after more levels, for more power, so you can beat 'em. Then you overshoot, gain ten levels, and stop all over the guy. That's what i did with the babysitting quests on normal. Couldn't hack 'em at 25, tore it up at 45.

Oh, and I hit 50 last night! go me. Halfway there...

The_Saint
Mar 19, 2001, 03:18 PM
OOPs! posted to the wrong topic.......URGH!
guess that's what i get for having several windows open at once!
sorry!

Heero_Yuy
Mar 19, 2001, 03:28 PM
I have become quite proud of me and my level 19 HUmar. He is my second character and i decided to skip trying to level up and charge into ruins offline. I kicked the dragons ass in forest on lvl4 and the Vol Opt's ass on 13. All bosses have patterns that let you barely get damaged even Falz but Falz's attacks cant' really be dodged and they hurt like a byatchhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif