PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy getting your ass kicked?

Cynosure_Zen
Jul 19, 2003, 12:14 AM
Do you prefer to breeze through a game with minimal difficulties? Except maybe a few difficult encounters near the end of the game or do you prefer being beaten to the ground every step of the way?

I tend to prefer the easy route on some games, especially when they're rentals. The ones that are very difficult from beginning to end with no real learning curve are usually turn-offs unless I'm familiar to the style of controls. However, there are some games like the Thief series where it's difficult from start to finish, that even passing the first mission gives a feeling of satisfaction. I tend to find I complain a lot during missions, seeing as you're always on edge in that game, but once you finish an area the feeling's just great.

Cengah
Jul 19, 2003, 12:23 AM
I prefer games that you have to have skill to play the whole way through. I like games where the stronger you get the stronger the enemy gets so its always hard to go through.

So i choose a game where i get beat down most of the time. Like an rpg, where if you don't level up right then your screwed.

Firocket1690
Jul 19, 2003, 12:16 PM
hmmm ....
I personally like those games where you get your ass beaten down every step (aka Squaresoft RPGs) rather than most of those games that can be beated without much skill. mostly fighting button mashers, but there are others....
Then again, there's always an easy way for those with the G's (Gameshark)

Nerd
Jul 19, 2003, 12:20 PM
To me Square RPG's are easy, because if they are too HARD, you just invest some time to level up, then the game is cake! I prefer easy games, where perhaps the last few conflicts are a challenge, i.e. Megaman X or Metal Gear Solid..those are among my fave games..

rena-ko
Jul 19, 2003, 12:27 PM
difficult games... well, there are the challenging ones like... ikaruga, and then there are also the frustrating ones like... i forgot any... due to the shock, i guess ^-^

i prefer games that arent too easy but also arent to hard... good mixture...

dude3282
Jul 19, 2003, 03:04 PM
I like games with an element of difficulty and as much replay value as possible. I'm still playing SSBM, I got it with my cube over a year ago. And then there's PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif