PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Mag

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 01:25 AM
So, tonight i was making new characters with random outfits to complete my mag collection. I made a FOnewm with the first random outfit and headed planetside.

When i got there, the mag was blue on my screen. On the screen next to mine, GentleFideal's (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=GentleFideal) screen, the mag was dark yellow. (We play on my network). We had a 3rd person with us, so we asked him what color he saw the mag as, and he said "pink".

Very strange. Perhaps "random color" means everyone sees it as a random color? If this is the case, do any of us know what color our mags really are?

Hhhhmmmmmmmm....

Cengah
Jul 19, 2003, 01:28 AM
That is pretty weird. I don't really have an explanation for it though.

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 01:33 AM
Tried it a second time to see if i can reproduce it. And yes i can. This time i made a RAcast, 1st Random of the 2nd set. I see the mag as gold, GentleFideal see's it as dark green.

We're going to evolve them and see what happens.

InajaD
Jul 19, 2003, 01:57 AM
Hmmm quite intriguing.!! That means that perhaps all that you see ISN'T really what you see.!! So if your char is green, I might see it pink!!! It also makes me think... will you really be able to read my reply the way I wrote it or the way your PC shows it to you? It's a strange world we live in... very strange......
good luck

-STE-
Jul 19, 2003, 02:03 AM
Is because mag was new.

I mean you dont deposit mag in bank , you just create carachter and go online with new carachter without play offline before true?

I think is like cells of rappy presents all see a different cell after you deposit in bank he keep the color you see and all see same color.

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 02:08 AM
If the above it true, that certainly makes finding a mag the color you want a whole lot easier. Just jump straight online with three other people, find out who sees the best color, and just give it to that person to lock.

InajaD, let's do a test! That's pikachu in your sig, right?

Reizo
Jul 19, 2003, 02:17 AM
Yeah the same thing happens to me, all the "baby" mags I find in the game seem to be differen't colors to different people. The mag that is green on your screen might be blue on your friends screen. I'm not sure why it does this either but I think it has to do with what color your character's costume is.

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 02:25 AM
Well, mag color is based on outfit, with 4 "random" mag colors avaliable only to the last 2 outfits of each outfit set. These's were the hidden outfits on DC which are now avaliable from the start on GC.

I working on a Rati gallery, so i need one of every color, including the 4 random. This little glitch makes my job easier because if i don't get the color i wanted, there's a chance someone else might see it, and i can then have them lock the color for me.