PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying adverse affect

Jeff86
Jul 19, 2003, 10:00 AM
Just wondering, until you heal with a sol atomizer, anti or whatever, what do you think is the most annoying adverse affect. Or do you have some of those cure units to save you.

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 10:38 AM
I think death is more annoying than any of those listed. And it's definitely adverse. =D

Nambrosia
Jul 19, 2003, 10:45 AM
Ugh.. Shock no contest.. I don't know WHY but I hate the living daylights out of it.. >_<

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-07-19 08:38, Obscenity wrote:
I think death is more annoying than any of those listed. And it's definitely adverse. =D

lol

yeah but paralysis is pretty annoying too! with shock as a close second...

Captain-Banisher
Jul 19, 2003, 11:33 AM
i hate paralysis, shock, and freeze *stupid dark falz*

Blenjar
Jul 19, 2003, 11:47 AM
I hate megid. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jul 19, 2003, 01:21 PM
Paralysis is annoying, but i voted for shock because the only characters it SHOULD affect is androids. That is probably the most annoying modification of the DC version of the game. It also makes fighting Vol Opt take longer than it should. >_<

LunarShadowX
Jul 19, 2003, 01:25 PM
Shock should affect everyone. I mean, come on, if you were stuck by lightning, I don't think you're gonna come away with no adverse effects.

And I think it is the most annoying adverse effect. It's really annoying in the Mountain Stage.

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 01:31 PM

Only if I could get my hands on a Cure/death o_O

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2003, 01:42 PM
On 2003-07-19 11:25, LunarShadowX wrote:
Shock should affect everyone. I mean, come on, if you were stuck by lightning, I don't think you're gonna come away with no adverse effects.

I think you should have to avoid every hit. If you don't you should die. I mean, come on, if a Delsaber started hacking at you, I don't think you're gonna come away with no adverse effects.

Nickwillnotbe
Jul 19, 2003, 02:07 PM
Personally I find Slow to be very annoying. I have Cure/Para and Cure/Conf so they aren't really a problem. Freeze was almost number 1 for me.

Soukosa
Jul 19, 2003, 02:22 PM
How about Frozen followed Paralysis and Confusion all in a couple of seconds?

LunarShadowX
Jul 19, 2003, 02:40 PM
On 2003-07-19 11:42, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2003-07-19 11:25, LunarShadowX wrote:

I think you should have to avoid every hit. If you don't you should die. I mean, come on, if a Delsaber started hacking at you, I don't think you're gonna come away with no adverse effects.

Ok, one, there's armor. Two, you have a shield. Third, there's resta, the magical healing spell. That's why you don't die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LunarShadowX on 2003-07-19 12:45 ]</font>

XtheRouge
Jul 19, 2003, 03:14 PM
Shock, by far, is the most annoying. Why? Because you can't cure it for free with Anti as your commands are locked and the item that heals it, Sol Atomizer, doesn't always appear in the shops and is ridiculously annoying to pipe for. Thus, you become stingy with Sol Atomizers and allow a decent amount of Shocks to run their course instead of curing them.

See, with Paralysis, you get Antiparalysis which shows up 100%.

BOmar
Jul 19, 2003, 04:34 PM
Shock as the need for sol atomizers to heal it is annoying.

Confuse doesn't bother me now I have a shiny new cure/confuse! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-07-19 12:40, LunarShadowX wrote:

Ok, one, there's armor. Two, you have a shield. Third, there's resta, the magical healing spell. That's why you don't die.

Ok, one, that's not going to completely protect you. Two, that isn't either. Third, ok, yeah, there is Resta, unless you're a droid in which case it's mates.

And I don't care how much protective gear you've got. If a Hildelt bitchslaps you across the room, you're going to be HURTING.

What I'm saying with this is that attempting to apply real life to PSO is utterly pointless and retarded. Just because my character can shoot lightning bolts from his fingertips, that doesn't mean -I- can, and just because, say, sticking a fork in an electrical socket would hurt me, that doesn't mean he should get Shock. >P Hell, if we're going to apply real life to PSO, for the love of god, don't use Zonde-type spells in most of the game! You'll kill yourself, water conducts electricity! Zonde/Gizonde/Razonde in most of Seabed, half of Caves, most of CCA, etc should be the equivalent of dropping a hairdryer into the bathtub while you're in it! >P

JGaff
Jul 19, 2003, 04:59 PM
It's a close race between shock and freeze, but freeze wins I suppose. If you get frozen, you can wiggle out right? When shocked you, can run. Well, I always get frozen then Cluster****ed. I then find myself walking back a bit of a way. I've never been screwed over by Shock, but it is really tiresome when fighting Vol Opt. Megid ought to be an option...Damn Ob Lilys

~JGaff~

GuerillaPimp
Jul 19, 2003, 05:30 PM
Paralysis hands down, all other affects can be cured with a Sol Atomizer. Except for freeze, which, if your fast with your stick, you can wiggle out of it.

Arutha
Jul 19, 2003, 08:43 PM
On 2003-07-19 11:31, Yosho wrote:

Only if I could get my hands on a Cure/death o_O

ever heard of Scape Doll?

Squeee
Jul 19, 2003, 09:11 PM
all of the adverse affects are annoying, but parylisis is the mosy annoying if you dont have any healing items cuase then you have to head back to town bla bla bla, yup its annoying alright.

HavoctheForce
Jul 20, 2003, 07:45 AM
Freeze is the worst by far especially when there is a crimson assasin doing it while other enemies pound you.