PDA

View Full Version : Greatest fight scenes ever?

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 11:46 AM
I thought about listing individual fight scenes, but I'm not sure of the character limitation for the fields. Hmm...5 of my 6 given choices have Yuen Wo Ping choreography...

Nerd
Jul 19, 2003, 12:28 PM
Have to go with Iron Monkey...to me those fights were like watching Street Fighter 2 as live action (without it being spoiled by the western world's sad take on movie-to-game translations).

I mean come on Donnie Yen dragon punches a sack of corn into a corrupt-monk and that ultimate-evil-monk-king-guy does an M. Bison screw attack!

badass!

Obscenity
Jul 19, 2003, 12:32 PM
On 2003-07-19 10:28, Nerd wrote:
Have to go with Iron Monkey...to me those fights were like watching Street Fighter 2 as live action (without it being spoiled by the western world's sad take on movie-to-game translations).

I mean come on Donnie Yen dragon punches a sack of corn into a corrupt-monk and that ultimate-evil-monk-king-guy does an M. Bison screw attack!

badass!

Yeah, the whole grain sack thing was way cool.

Donnie Yen rules. Too bad his fight scene with Jackie Chan in Shanghai Knights totally sucked.

Nerd
Jul 19, 2003, 12:37 PM
Also too bad he got killed like a punk in Blade 2, he needs a GOOD american movie role, he deserves one!

Good scenes all around in your poll though, i loved Crouching Tiger and Drunken Master II's scenes as well!

hollowtip
Jul 19, 2003, 01:42 PM
none of the above.

Rufus the Stunt bum VS. Donny

pixelate
Jul 19, 2003, 02:42 PM
None. I can't remember the title, but in the scene there's no sound effects and it's all bare fists. So you actually hear what skin-on-skin punches sound like, none of the woosh, biff, thwap in most fight scenes.

Wewt
Jul 19, 2003, 02:51 PM
The Drunken Master II final fight was incredibly funny, but I won't say it's the best in terms of great fighting. I really don't know which one is my favourite fight scene, I only really remember the funny ones. Many of Jackie Chan's old stuff comes to mind for comedy value, such as Young Master. Skirt style!

As for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon fight scenes.. blah. The hand-to-hand stuff, I hated. The sword fights were okay, but I've seen many sword fights that were better. Stormriders http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

geewj
Jul 19, 2003, 02:56 PM
The Drunken Master one was pretty great. He stops in the middle of the fight to go thrash the crate, man that was great.

Vanango
Jul 19, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-07-19 10:28, Nerd wrote:

if you liked that check out "City Hunter" also w/ Jackie Chan... I don't want to give it away but SF fans will be able to appreciate this movie more.

Guile
Jul 19, 2003, 03:36 PM
Killers, I think thats what it is called.. it is a fight with about 200 guys vs. 2 guys and the 2 guys kick all ass...it's crazy!!!

Kizaragu
Jul 20, 2003, 03:59 PM
What's wrong with the Matrix? The Angent Smith fight in reloaded was AMAZING! Any way another good one was in the Film 'Leon' at the End when the SWAT were in the Building. Good Stuff.

Voodoochild
Jul 20, 2003, 05:16 PM
Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee Have nice fights in it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jul 20, 2003, 05:43 PM
Even though everyone bashed the film, i still liked the 100 Agent Smith fight in Matrix Reloaded. They just kept on coming and coming and getting their asses whooped by Neo. And for all those who whined 'Why didnt he just fly off at the beggining when they first turned up', it would have been a interesting fight scene if he just flew away at the start!

BOC
Jul 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-07-20 15:43, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Even though everyone bashed the film, i still liked the 100 Agent Smith fight in Matrix Reloaded. They just kept on coming and coming and getting their asses whooped by Neo. And for all those who whined 'Why didnt he just fly off at the beggining when they first turned up', it would have been a interesting fight scene if he just flew away at the start!

very very true! it would been just like...oooo.
its like people always critsize why the girls always run up the stairs in scary movies. if they just ran out the front door and jumped in the car...well it wouldn;t be very good would it?

best fight scene ever? oh thats a toughie!

toss up between yoda Vs count dooku, austin powers vs mini-me and john McClane vs freaky blond german dude in die hard.

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 20, 2003, 06:31 PM
I also liked the 100 Agent Smith fight in the Matrix: Reloaded. I also liked the Jack Sparrow V.S. Will Turner and the Jack Sparrow V.S. Captain Barbossa fights in Pirates of the Caribbean. I love swordfights.....

Genoa
Jul 21, 2003, 03:17 AM
The Matrix Reloaded. Neo vs. a bazillion Smiths. I started doing that thing where you start to pretend your the dude killin everyone so you start like sayin stuff to yourslef like "yeah... take that... Oh that hurt em" and movin my fists around a little bit.

Sai-Yuk
Jul 21, 2003, 08:06 PM
Other.

any 'fight scene' by the monty python team.

polishedweasel
Jul 22, 2003, 12:43 PM
I thought that the fight scene vs. a billion Smiths was a bit too fabricated for me. Not at all realistic and lacking the more powerful dramatic victory like the Noe vs. Smith fight scene at the end of the first Matrix movie.

But my favorite fight scene would have to be from Cowboy Bebop, I forget the episode title, but it's between Spike and Vicious. The one where they're in the Church. I think it's the Ballad of Fallen Angels, or something resembling that title.

Twadz060
Aug 3, 2003, 05:19 PM
Neo vs million Smiths was the greatest fight scene i've ever seen. If you are looking for a realistic-but-still-awesome fight, rent either Rumble in the Bronx, (jackie chan) or kiss of the dragon (jet li)