PDA

View Full Version : why do you hate forces

Roger13531
Jul 19, 2003, 04:42 PM
So why do you hate Forces

Eanae
Jul 19, 2003, 04:48 PM
Dude. Leave forces alone. I like forces just fine, they've never give me any hastle.

BOmar
Jul 19, 2003, 04:49 PM
o_O

I don't

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 04:51 PM
I don't hate Forces for any of those reasons.

-If I don't want them stealing my experience, heck, I'm offline if I'm focusing on leveling up anyways, online I'm just having a good time and looking for items. Besides, on Ultimate, they're not going to take out an entire room with but one Rafoie.

-Don't work for experience? Maybe not what a Hunter calls work, but they do work. They bleed like everyone else.

-Megid me in a battle? If I'm up against a Force, I'm doing my best to stay out of their firing range. Even then it's not Megid I'm scared of, it's Grants. I can dodge a Megid.

If I had to chose one of those...eh....I'd go with that "why are you talking about Forces" response. Nothing wrong with them.

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 06:33 PM
I hate them for lot's of reasons. I mean, really, the Shifta & Deband, Megiding Morfos, Resta, shorting out Sinows and Gilchich's, Jellen & Zaluring everything... i could go on and on... don't they do anything to help out? yeesh.

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 07:02 PM
i used to hate FOrces, just cuz really, all they did was tech tech tech!!! but now that i've made a FO...she is the greatest character ever!!! I love FOs...and don't say they dont work! there are lots of melee FOs out there and they do just as much if not more work than HUs do!

StryderPSO
Jul 19, 2003, 07:05 PM
i personally have never chosen to be a force because i cannot find a force that represents my taste is good clothing/appearance, though i plan on making one as soon as i get an XBOX

Kanore
Jul 19, 2003, 07:17 PM
Wow omg you have a problem with us Forces? Then stay out of our way or else we will Megid you. For sure.

Blenjar
Jul 19, 2003, 07:23 PM
I don't hate force, I hate androids [ I own one lv 101 ]
They always there begging for resta while im shooting people, they always making some Shifta and Deband symbolz, they beg us for jellen. I cast all of them for myself, I don't cast SD and JZ for them as I use a mech gun L&K Combat with a power mag on my FOmar who is lv 155.

FinalHell
Jul 19, 2003, 07:39 PM
Dude if i ever see u on PSO i would threaten to battle u and then i would megid ur face till u die (which would be 1 or 2 hits to kill u)

If u dont like Forces...
then u dont like PSO!!!!

Dime
Jul 19, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-07-19 17:23, Blenjar wrote:
They always there begging for resta while im shooting people, they always making some Shifta and Deband symbolz, they beg us for jellen. I cast all of them for myself, I don't cast SD and JZ for them as I use a mech gun L&K Combat with a power mag on my FOmar who is lv 155.

Don't be a jackass, give the bots what they ask for. As long as they ask for it nicely, S/D is part of a forces job.

Arutha
Jul 19, 2003, 08:04 PM
Forces make the world happy. It's US who work ourselves ragged to make the world easier for people like YOU. S/D, J/Z make YOUR life easier. WE use techs cuz WE don't have 1000 fricken health like YOU. Now if you wanna see how weak WE are join me in a battle game and YOU will be the one on the wrong side of the megid.

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 08:14 PM
Stryder said it, the only thing I don't like about Forces is thier wardrobe. I would like to make a male force that isn't wearing pointy platform shoes or a dress. FOnewearl and Fomarl have nice outfits though, I just wish I could get a guy with badass magic and a badass appearance to go with it...

K9999
Jul 19, 2003, 08:21 PM
I hate forces cause they make me do too much damage with shifta

Arutha
Jul 19, 2003, 08:35 PM
On 2003-07-19 18:21, K9999 wrote:

Oh I wouldn't want YOU to do TOO much damage. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-07-19 18:21, K9999 wrote:

I know, it just throws off my groove.

"What the hell?! It went down in 5 hits instead of 7! DAMN YOU! My timing is thrown off now until this crap wears off!"

Kanore
Jul 19, 2003, 09:36 PM

... Then you're not a true Melee Force...

Forces make the world happy. It's US who work ourselves ragged to make the world easier for people like YOU. S/D, J/Z make YOUR life easier. WE use techs cuz WE don't have 1000 fricken health like YOU. Now if you wanna see how weak WE are join me in a battle game and YOU will be the one on the wrong side of the megid.

OMG SO RIGHT!!!

Then start making passworded games. Forces go into ANY game that doesn't have a Force.

Kenshin008
Jul 19, 2003, 10:45 PM
Forces are by far the best class EVER. Lets see. I have a level 15 force. It already kicks @$$. Level 15 and it does 135 damage to the people in caves. That is power there. I don't even know grants yet and I am coasting through the game.

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 11:16 PM
Yes, recently I've had my first experience with a Force.

First off, I'm a real pack-rat with my HUmar, I had a LOT of stuff for Forces and I felt like starting a new character. I gave her all the rare force weapons that I had acquired and let her borrow a MST mag and 4 Angel/Minds to learn a lot of high level spells. So there she is, HUnewearl, cute as anything, Level 1 with a level 14 Foie. That's when I really started to respect the Foie attack more.

Kla55hin
Jul 19, 2003, 11:44 PM
megid is evil

Yosho
Jul 19, 2003, 11:52 PM
May people hate us forces because we "make the game to easy and take the challenge away" from the game.

Robbie088
Jul 20, 2003, 01:26 AM
Actually you missed one option to vote for. I really like forces myself (see my avatar? lol) but I hate it when I'm a diff character and then high level forces refuse to heal me! It's really a pain lying on the ground when they won't even use reverser on you! How rude is that?!

A07
Jul 20, 2003, 01:35 AM
"because they rafoie the room before you get exp."

that acutally sounds more like the HUs i see on hard and very hard.. i dont see many rafoies in ult but the FO that casts it isnt stealing exp... what other spell are they going to use that doesnt hit every enemy in the room?

Lunus
Jul 20, 2003, 02:03 AM
I am working into using forces. If the FOmar ditched the dumb dress and got a cool suit with a cape, I am sure I would warm up to him quickly. Forces are simply a different type of character altogether.

polishedweasel
Jul 20, 2003, 04:27 AM
On 2003-07-19 14:42, Roger13531 wrote:
So why do you hate Forces

Hey! Where's the option that says "Because I am a friggin Jackass?"

Shimarisu
Jul 20, 2003, 06:45 AM
On 2003-07-19 17:23, Blenjar wrote:

Heh, that happened to me last night. I got a desperate plea in my mail from a RAcast to come and help him do Ult DF. I entrered the game, and there's a HUcaseal, RAcast and a HUne, and they are all like, "HE'S A FO! A FO!" The RAcast says proudly "He's my friend", like it's some accolade.
Now, I'm a FOmar. My weapon of choice is Red Saber. I got a mind Sato and an attack Rati, but last night I realised I had left the mind sato on another char. Bad mistake, and I'm thinking "Oh no." I equip a mag with some def on it instead and NO Mind, plus a god HP and a god mind unit (all legit). I go into battle with my level 27 Resta and my level 29/30 S/D.

Now, the RAcast runs all over the place, hitting his kb shortcuts which are "S/D plz!", "J/Z plz!" and "Resta plz!" Dark Falz knocks me down to 5 HP with his aerial spell, I have to heal myself, run right across the playfield, wipe this guy&s ass for him, I got killed twice on that form and BEFORE I COULD HEAL MYSELF I am getting "Resta PLZ S/D PLZ" from the cast who also died. We are all under level 115 and I'm struggling. It was hell. We beat him but I heard "Resta plz" about 50 times in the battle, and to cap it off in P2 the RAcast says "Resta plz, haha" as if he's proud of his catchphrase.

- Shimarisu (some RAcast's bitch).

dropslash
Jul 20, 2003, 07:38 AM
As it's pretty apparent that sometimes the idea of sarcasm is lost on forum boards, just let me state for the record that my first post belongs between <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.

I'm an android. I like androids. I don't for any reason need an FOrce to help me do my job, but, by the same token, if a FO is going to show up and do everything i mentioned, the trifluid is on me. They're certainly not casting Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure because it looks pretty.

And for you android haters, i'll remember that next time you walk into a hallway full of traps and i keep my mouth shut.

Edit: Next time a droid like above is begging for anything, make an attempt to give to everyone but him/her. That's just pathetic, and rude.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-07-20 05:41 ]</font>

Auracom
Jul 20, 2003, 08:52 AM
Of all the classes in the game I think Forces are the most well liked. What made you think people hate forces? 0_o Of all the people I've met on PSO all of them seem to want FOs in their teams.

Drayma
Jul 20, 2003, 09:39 AM
My best character is a force but one thing I don't like about them is another force on the team, grrrr.

Yosho
Jul 20, 2003, 09:41 AM
I hate when people bitch, when they do I try not to help them at all also, and another thing I hate is when people run ahead try to steal EXP and die then I have to find/save their asses, Thats so stupid and rude.
I think when people do that from now on I'll just ignor them so they go back to P2 and have to play catch-up lol.

Kanore
Jul 20, 2003, 10:01 AM
I try my best to be a FO, and it seems ever since I met MORDRAHELM, a HUcast who was the last person whoever had problems with me which was more than a MONTH AGO, no one has had problems with me being a Force. Even when someone uses Berserk on their S-Rank weapon... (last night... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) I Resta as much as I can. The Forces try their best, or not, and we try to benefit the team. The only problem is, that the team doesn't accept it, that's where the problem all comes into place.

It's like, us Forces come to help, we give, but we don't get back what we gave. We gave you power, you give us the cold shoulder.

Yosho
Jul 20, 2003, 10:14 AM
On 2003-07-20 08:01, ChibiWarrior wrote:
It's like, us Forces come to help, we give, but we don't get back what we gave. We gave you power, you give us the cold shoulder.

So true that is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kenshin008
Jul 20, 2003, 10:29 AM
Yes, true, FO's are so disrespected it's sad. I'm new to the FO's I have a level 15 FOnewearl. I like her alot. I think that is someone is going to sit there and beg for you to give them REsTa and such they should at least let you get some items or EXP. I am chosing now to only play with a party of people who are respectful. I don't have online yet but I play with my friends. We play very well together. Everytime I heal them or they heal me it's always THANKS and we take turns getting rares,even if we didn't kill the monster.

Where did all the team-work go these days.

It seems like everyone that plays online hate each other. Forces are so used. They just use us for healing purposes and Deband and SHifta. They don't really care about giving us EXP or items. WE ARE USED!!

Oh well have some turkey http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/turkey.gif

Robbie088
Jul 20, 2003, 12:01 PM
All of that is SO true! I mean, I have a lvl 74 Fonwearl (haha, she's my favorite character) and usually when I play on Vega (I don't want to be stereotypical since I have met some decent people on there, but I'm just saying that MOST of the time) I get the party that's all "S/D!!" "Resta!!" and then once I cast them (because they get all rude) they don't even say thanks! I mean, whenever I'm a RA or a HU I say thanks almost all the time when a FO uses resta or s/d because it was their TP for me! I don't like people feeling unappriciated. People like that are just jerks. (Maybe I should start a clan about ending FO's getting all this **** from other characters.)

philip
Jul 20, 2003, 02:30 PM
I love forcer! I´m one myself! ^_^

They kick a§§ on LV 80+ and have cool wepons.
I heal everyone exept other Forcer. And im a melle forcer to.

Mixfortune
Jul 20, 2003, 02:59 PM
Usually when Im a force, I just do what I normally do, attack with spells, and S/D/Resta when i need it, or when someone else needs it, even if it hurts me. It doesn't really matter to me who is asking for it, because you can't really take context and tone of voice off one word. How can you tell if they are kindly requesting it or demanding it? If anything I use more TP offline than online, and I can go through whole areas on 10 Difluids alone, helping others along the way, and I dont even have TP Regeneration.

Now, I usually don't play androids, but I use a HUmar, so I can resta myself if I need to, but things such as S/D/Resta from teammates is appreciated, I don't ask for it or anything. Usually with the teams I join that have a force, the force will tell us to get closer so they can S/D us. And I thank them for it, but I don't expect them to always do it or do it at all.

Even the excuse of being a "support" force doesn't mean all you do it S/D/J/Z/Res/Anti, to me it's more like do it when you feel like it, and I'll gladly accept. And I'm always sure to keep Mates on hand, in case I run out of Resta, or *maybe* it's so I can show that I can handle myself instead of having to rely on others. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, also, as a HUmar, I Rabarta the enemies. Even if they are immune to ice damage, it can still freeze them. he also has J/Z, although I don't use it too often. Things like that are also "support". Androids detecting traps, and using traps is also "support". So it just doesn't make sense to think that Forces are the primary "support" class, they just have different ways of doing it, and the oldest ways, because androids didn't always have traps. That would seem to me why it has been carved into people's minds that Forces are ALL about support...

EDIT- Also, when you think about it, EVERYONE is a support character in terms of S/D. If you work together, you can save your Photon Blasts for high level Mylla&Youlla that will benefit everyone. Some people just fire it off without thinking, or even if it was planned to use M&Y, they don't listen X_x

END.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-07-20 13:02 ]</font>

Arutha
Jul 20, 2003, 08:51 PM
On 2003-07-19 21:44, Kla55hin wrote:
megid is evil

megid isn't evil, it is a spell. get used to it. get some resist devils if it is so evil. not our fault you loser hunters and rangers can't cast it. you choose to be those losers. and why do people say that forces aren't for beginners? my first character was a force, and he is level 115, so there!

All those hunters and rangers bow down before the forces. We are the way of the future. We-Are-Gods! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

tomu
Jul 20, 2003, 09:39 PM
It's a robe damnit! A robe!!!
*so isn't wearing a dress*
>_>... <_<... >_>....
Yeah, don't hate FOrces http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif They're good classes.

Artemidorus
Jul 20, 2003, 09:56 PM
Well, I think FO's are invaluable in Ultimate unless you can hold your own without their help. I know my RAmar loves his ATP being almost doubled it seems!

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 10:07 PM
Forces are definantly the hardest to use, and at low levels hunters with big swords are much more effective then FOs, I only have a level 15 or so FO, I'll have to get a larger level before I can play "without working"

Kenshin008
Jul 20, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-07-20 10:01, Robbie088 wrote:
All of that is SO true! I mean, I have a lvl 74 Fonwearl (haha, she's my favorite character) and usually when I play on Vega (I don't want to be stereotypical since I have met some decent people on there, but I'm just saying that MOST of the time) I get the party that's all "S/D!!" "Resta!!" and then once I cast them (because they get all rude) they don't even say thanks! I mean, whenever I'm a RA or a HU I say thanks almost all the time when a FO uses resta or s/d because it was their TP for me! I don't like people feeling unappriciated. People like that are just jerks. (Maybe I should start a clan about ending FO's getting all this **** from other characters.)

Yeah we should go on strike and only help other FO's.

That would be so funny.

Or just help the one person in the party who isn't whinning and is being nice and dis-clude all the other people then they will learn

Kanore
Jul 20, 2003, 10:23 PM
Y'know, going on strike would be a pretty good idea.

"NO RESPECT, NO SHIFTA! NO RESPECT, NO SHIFTA!"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Jul 20, 2003, 10:31 PM
I say go for it. My main character is A hunewearl, and I support your idea. I dont NEED forces to s/d, j/z, or resta me! it helps to have an extra 10 levels on the techs, but I have my own. and robots have freeze traps, and Humars are screwed.

Go for it!

Kenshin008
Jul 20, 2003, 10:38 PM
Lol, well next time one of you plays online try the idea out and post a thread telling the outcome.

It's going to be great.

No Repect, No shifta, deband, resta!!

Alright that about covers it.

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 20, 2003, 11:48 PM
i hate the stupid forces

GuerillaPimp
Jul 21, 2003, 12:45 PM
I hava a lvl 111 FOmar, and i prefer him somewhat over my newly created HUmar. When i get tired of Rafoieing shit to death, i break out my HUmar and kick ass with my Stag or Dragon Slayer. And vice versa. But as i said, i still prefer my FOmar over my HUmar

s.TiNgEr
Jul 21, 2003, 01:28 PM
I like forces ^_____^
Why do people have something against forces anyway. If they notice how cheap they are (Sometimes), why dont they make one? And Forces aren't all that cheap. They have to work to get what they need in order to do more damage. Forces have more potential than other races only because they are harder to use until you discover it.

Pastullio
Jul 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Forces are the best! I have no idea why in the description it says they are for advanced players. I find them easier to use compared to a hunter or a ranger.

Kanore
Jul 21, 2003, 01:30 PM
On 2003-07-20 21:48, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
i hate the stupid forces

Expect that to come from a person who has two HUmars and makes up a character type GODmar that's Level 200 along with a fake Section ID.

Pastullio
Jul 21, 2003, 07:00 PM
Forces are the best class there is, sure they might be a little hard to start out with, but when you lvl up, and get better techs, they are easier to use than a hunter or ranger, i have no idea why in the description it says that they are for advanced players

St_Botchua
Jul 21, 2003, 07:11 PM
because they are tougher to begin with plus you dont always have to tech all the time they can still dish out punishment humar style

Pastullio
Jul 21, 2003, 07:24 PM
thats it! if i hear another complaint about FO's i'm going to go megrid happy! if i hear another comment about FO's only being good for support i'm going to go megrid happy! if i hear a complaint about megrid i'm going megrid happy! and for all the FO's out there, try to keep it to 1 FO per room with exceptions of "FO's Only" or something along those lines, and i f you don't know what megrid happy is, its when i use megrid 24/7 on anything that moves, so don't mess with FO's!!!
(i hear a lot of complaints about FO's in other places besides this board)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pastullio on 2003-07-21 17:25 ]</font>

Kenshin008
Jul 21, 2003, 07:25 PM
I just hate how you have to spend so much money on fluids ahhh.

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jul 21, 2003, 08:14 PM
Spending money on fluids goes away when you get to around lv120 and have 1900+ tp. Suddenly trifluids look like a real bargain. ^_^

Xion001
Jul 21, 2003, 08:42 PM
I don't think you should put down Forces. Forces are hard to be in the beginning of the game, but they are easy to be in the middle and kinda the ending.

Arutha
Jul 21, 2003, 10:24 PM
i hate the stupid forces

y
Y DO YOU HATE FORCES?!?
SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I HAVE TO DO IT FOR YOU!
these r the kind of ppl who hate forces. the kind of ppl who think they r soooooooo good cuz they got a hunter whose got 10000 fricken health and 2000 fricken atp. the kinda ppl who think they r a god till they get megid in thier face and complain that megid and grants are cheating
o look at me im Master_of_Dragons and i make up my section id and my race just cuz i think im all bad w/my level 200 character who thinks i can kill anything. Now if ur a god y dont u go up against a few forces at level 100+, then we'll c whose talkin.

and on my last note i'd like to add that i think only forces can reach the status of god.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arutha on 2003-07-21 20:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arutha on 2003-07-21 20:30 ]</font>

MOTOROLA
Jul 21, 2003, 10:58 PM
On 2003-07-19 17:17, ChibiWarrior wrote:
Wow omg you have a problem with us Forces? Then stay out of our way or else we will Megid you. For sure.

..or Grants. Don't forget Grants.

-Jessica-
Jul 21, 2003, 11:21 PM
Uhh...what kind of dumbass doesn't like forces. What kind of dumbass doesn't like shifta or deband...man...god really messed up on some people...

FinalHell
Jul 21, 2003, 11:46 PM
On 2003-07-21 20:58, MOTOROLA wrote:

On 2003-07-19 17:17, ChibiWarrior wrote:

..or Grants. Don't forget Grants.

O and also the Jellen and Zalure so they cant kill u in one hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

polishedweasel
Jul 22, 2003, 03:30 AM
On 2003-07-21 20:24, Arutha wrote:

i hate the stupid forces

y
Y DO YOU HATE FORCES?!?
SHUT YOUR MOUTH BEFORE I HAVE TO DO IT FOR YOU!
these r the kind of ppl who hate forces. the kind of ppl who think they r soooooooo good cuz they got a hunter whose got 10000 fricken health and 2000 fricken atp. the kinda ppl who think they r a god till they get megid in thier face and complain that megid and grants are cheating
o look at me im Master_of_Dragons and i make up my section id and my race just cuz i think im all bad w/my level 200 character who thinks i can kill anything. Now if ur a god y dont u go up against a few forces at level 100+, then we'll c whose talkin.

and on my last note i'd like to add that i think only forces can reach the status of god.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arutha on 2003-07-21 20:30 ]</font>

*clears throat*Before one can legally flame on the PSOW message boards, it's is important that they can pass a 7th grade English class. I'd hate to say this, even though you are flaming the person that I really hate the most on the forums right now. You are a fucking idiot.

Listen, go back to school, read an English book, pass the exams with at least a "C", come to the forums, and make an intelligent, insightful flame on me. If, I feel it is worthy, you can continue to flame openly on these forums. Until then "STFU sooopid n00bie"

---------------------------------------------------

Back on topic...Megid isn't really that much of a problem, if you fucktards that whine about battle mode engage in combat using these things known as "rules." They are made to handicap these type of strategies. A force can only get out 1 megid in a battle with rules before their TP is completely drained.

So, HUmars, Hucasts..stop whining. Use the rules, that's what they're there for.
(I didn't feel like going on a schpeil)

Blade666
Jul 22, 2003, 03:33 AM
I only hate forces because of megid and they really need something to solve that issue cause its kinda pathetic just diein in one shot but i dont really care cause some of them are alright.

Forces got it easy and hunters we got it pretty hard i say lol

~Blade Master~

polishedweasel
Jul 22, 2003, 03:40 AM
You know, megid isn't 100% effective? I think that people just need something to whine about because they can't get a hit in with their little sword before they get hit with 10,000 volts of pain from a FOnewearl. I don't really use a Force in battle though..I don't use a hunter either.

Kenshin008
Jul 22, 2003, 08:32 AM
I don't see why people hate FO's. They don't even give them a chance. I remember I used to hate forces when I first got this game. So me being a newbie I chose a HUmar.

Not a bad choice, not a bad choice at all. But of course I got board of him and made a secondary character. I made FOnewearl after trying many characters.

The Forces are so powerful it is funny to see a hunter these days. Forces do so much damage it's laughable. The forces just sit back and cast grants and hunters are sitting in the front lines hacking away and getting hacked at.

BTW I still can't find the disk for grants and it is really starting to Piss me off!

Ryo_Hayasa
Jul 22, 2003, 09:07 AM
On 2003-07-19 18:03, Dime wrote:

Don't be a jackass, give the bots what they ask for. As long as they ask for it nicely, S/D is part of a forces job.

"is part of a forces job."?
WHAT?! we already stated NO ONE has a job in PSO do what you want. if they cast shifta on you great, awesome thank them. if you beg for it and whine about it, i wouldn't give you anything. it's just rude to ask a force to take time off what they are doing: either attacking or watching looking out for the team to just Shifta and deband you.
sometimes FOs need their TP and can't cast shifta and deband on you. maybe you don't need it, stop whining to FOs with your problems, they aren't a cruch.
once again i use this qoute

"if your a dick to me, and whine about how you need your "S/D! PLZ!" your not getting a thing, i'm a player i'm not your tool. now buzz off hunter boy"

asking for techs isn't apart of the game, it's selfish.
i've never asked for anything in PSO ever.
i'm not the one to bother a FO, and yes it's not just FOs it's all the other classes that have these techs. if you want the tech so baddly MAKE A CHARACTER THAT CAN CAST IT! it's not my fault you can't cast what you want. you knew you'd have problems like this if you chose the character. now deal with it.

Mirian
Jul 22, 2003, 09:11 AM
1. I don't hate Forces.
2. I don't hate Hunters or Rangers either.
3. The classes are equal in their own ways.
4. I think Forces are the hardest to "tweak".
5. I still don't hate them.

Yosho
Jul 22, 2003, 09:17 AM
i hate the stupid forces

I take it you hate the lvl 30 S/D/J/Z too?
I'd like to see you enter the seabed alone with no FO to pump you up with techs.....I guess people just hate things that are better, in other words your jealous of the power that we The Gods of PSO hold http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Mirian
Jul 22, 2003, 09:19 AM
Ahem. No class is actually better than another.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 22, 2003, 11:18 AM
I love my force. *gives her a hug and a grope, then gets a mallet to the head* Shes pretty powerful and deffinatly much better then in Ver. 1/2. Although its funny how my party never sits still long enough to cast anything. Even the healing is done in the middle of combat when they are the most immoble. Still they rarely have a problem with me not casting it during the run through, they only really start demanding S/D when we get to bosses/subbosses. Although I STILL have to be quick to pick up anything thats droped...I guess thats one of the advantages with being a combat force, you can actually stay in the front and dodge swings while casting whatever.

LadyRedComet
Jul 22, 2003, 02:03 PM
Where's the option for "They only cast Rafoie, Megid, and Grants and refuse to cast resta/anti/s/d/j/z"? That's the only type of force I hate (because why should my HUnewearl with lvl 20 techs be casting support when the FO can use lvl 30?).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LadyRedComet on 2003-07-22 12:08 ]</font>

Monster666
Jul 22, 2003, 02:08 PM
Forces are decent you dont get the defense aspect though and some forces very low hp, I think every charcter needs some skill. ALso Megid doesnt really do anything enless its a high level otherwise its useless.

magenta
Jul 22, 2003, 02:19 PM
i hate forces too. especially the tanking ones.

silly lot. all they ever do is shifta and deband everyone, then jellen and zalure the enemies, get out their weapons and start hacking away with some technique.

bah. down to hell with them. let satan sort them out!.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2003, 02:22 PM
You betrayed the Forces...

Arutha
Jul 22, 2003, 02:40 PM
You shall pay magenta for betraying the great race of Forces. Forces may go to hell but did you know the lowest section of hell is saved for those who betray others? Hope you have fun down their...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_8ball.gif magic 8ball says you will. Hehehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

magenta
Jul 22, 2003, 03:09 PM
kiss my red sore hiney mistah magic butt.

hunters are soo much better, what with their cool bland outfits and all..if only they made a humarl..i could go through ultimate ruins all day with my triple cannon (legit of course) without resorting to wussy techs.. of course id die a lot, but hey.. thats fun.

Joe-Azlin
Jul 22, 2003, 04:14 PM
FOrces are sweet. Dont hate just because they take the experience. Its not there fault Sonic Team made them good finally.

_brainchild
Jul 22, 2003, 05:16 PM
I don't respect much anyone that relies so heavily on others for their combat ability. I was raised offline. I got my Dreamcast character to level 90 or so before I could go online. I didn't really even know about high level Shifta, so I was already used to being without it.

On to the GameCube, I couldn't cast Shifta if I wanted to. (HUmar by the way) I find it pathetic and annoying when people beg, items or support techniques.

I have a Resta spell of my own, it may not be great, I may have to cast it twice when I get back on my feet, but it will do. I have Zalure, it is sufficient. That's all I need. All these HUmars that you say pathetically plead for S/D/J/Z/Resta/Don't kill me instantly/Owwie! Holy Light!/Reverser are giving Hunters a bad name. I find it better when I don't have to rely on someone else. I can run off on my own and survive just fine. I don't by any means see why anyone could "hate" forces. I see them as another character in the game that merely chose a different path.

My path invovlves a HUmar with a mag that has about 100 to 150 MIND. There have been instances where my Rafoie has done more damge than a similar leveled Force's Rafoie. I was quite content with that.

Mirian
Jul 22, 2003, 05:21 PM
I am being raised offline, so I know what you mean. Im also a HUmar btw

Nie
Jul 22, 2003, 05:55 PM
If you hate forces then your just an Idiot,

They are a huge contrubute to every team. When I play as my force I Shifta/Deband, and Jellen if they hurt me too bad, so why hate us we help you anyways. That just like hating you mag cause it helps you... FAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

PS. Eat little orb of death!!!

Mirian
Jul 22, 2003, 07:01 PM
If you are talking to me, read my post on the previous page.

Pastullio
Jul 22, 2003, 09:29 PM
i have to admit, i'm guilty of asking if anyone has any extra techs that they are willing to trade, and i give them 2 monogrinders/digrinder in return, plus i cast shifta and deband for them so its kindof a trade off, but whoever says that FO's have jobs saving all of you HU's and RA's need to get megrid/grants in the face over and over till they get mad and chuck their copy of PSO out the window

tomu
Jul 23, 2003, 03:46 AM
Like Ryo_Hayasa said, no one really has a job on PSO, it's more along the lines of working as a team, just like how a shield blocks and a sword attacks, you don't always have to use it like that, but it works best if they do what they can, ne?

Nie
Jul 23, 2003, 10:28 AM
SOrry It wasn't directed 2 you... It was to the owner of this thread I don't have the time too read through all of this.. need PSO. my PRECIOUS!!!!!!!

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 10:49 AM
Nie- Actually the reason there is so much hate for forces is because they don't do "what their suppose to" I hear a lot about forces who will compleatly ignore everyone present and go off on their own, they raid boxes, kill massive groups of enemies and never revive or S/D anyone. Or they play like hunters and end up getting themselves killed just as quickly.

Now I'm not one to run off on my own but I wouldn't beable to stand it if I had to cast S/D/J/Z most every/every room. And to be told its my job to do that would only make me mad. You can expect me to revive and heal but its all up in the air after that.

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:36 AM
Im glad that my FOnewman brother has ADD then

happyalloy
Jul 23, 2003, 11:41 AM
I get great satisfaction from casting my support spells and keeping the team alive and moving smoothly... of course, I don't consider dying every 5 minutes to be the ideal challenge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif There is a nice satisfaction in being able to simply run through the ruins with my team of hitters being able to demolish the room almost as fast as I can j/z the monsters (granted it has taken us a long time to level up this far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) I consider it my job to use my strengths (s/d/j/z/resta/reverser).

That's not to say that "That's all FOs are good for." It's just saying the Forces should use their strengths to help the team, so that everyone gets exp and doesn't die. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 12:04 PM
I think this topic should be locked. Its people like magenta that cause hate in these forums. Magenta you are a hypocrite.

polishedweasel
Jul 23, 2003, 12:31 PM
Do you know that once you get into Ultimate, the chances of a force clearing the room before you get there are pretty much slim to none. All of the pre Ultimate whiners can stay quiet here.

Anyone ever had a problem with a force killing everything before you in Ultimate Ruins? I didn't think so. And for the hunters out there, have you ever seen a force get overwhelmed and try to cast Rabarta? Do you know what happens when there is a group of about 4 or more monsters surrounding that individual that casted the Rabarta? Splat, the spell synchronises all the monsters, giving them the ability to hit the fragile little force at the same time, usually coming off as a critical, and usually doing about 2000 damage. Do you know anyone that has 2000 hp? I didn't think so.

So, Hunters, shut up, Forces, shutup, Ranger...well, I haven't heard any complaints from Rangers. So...bye bye.

magenta
Jul 23, 2003, 05:04 PM
me hypocrite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif?
i cry for argentia....

hey i was joking with the "i hate forces" comments earlier on http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif...i love all classes. i just happen to prefer using fomarls, second to that are hucasts, and i had a few of them for challenge mood (named britney spears, celion dion, mariah carey..just to amuse the japanese folks i played with)

as for surviving..meh
back in the gold old days of v1 i used to go through very hard ruins rooms with my bare fomarl hands.. granted it took some time to clear a room, esp with belras.

xxx

Pastullio
Jul 23, 2003, 06:21 PM
i think we all posted our views, so lets just let this post die

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 06:42 PM
I don't play to be harassed and be given demands by other people.

As a Melee/Magic FOmar,I Shifta Deband (30) and watch as the others get killed over and over and keep on wasting my TP.I Jellen when needed,I don't bother with Zalure because even without it enemies drop faster then flies,I Resta and Revive people.I don't bother with Anti much,basically everyone has it.Only need it for Slow and Ice and Paralyze.

You can't hate a whole class just because some of the people who play on them do something you don't like.

There are KillStealing Forces who don't help
There are Forces that Help and don't KS.
There are Smart people and Dumb people.
There are Good people and Bad People.
There are teh n00b's and teh Uber.
There are alot of idiot HUmars and Smart HUmars.

If you want to HATE magicans...Play Ragnarok Online where they use their magic to your advantage like trapping you in a Ice wall right when you find a MVP boss,then steal it after you searched Hours,They lag towns and citys with spells.Mages and Wizards at low levels can kill a high leveled monster that level 80 Knight would still have trouble killing.
Highest melee damage I've ever seen in it is 300-400 damage,while a magican Class hits something for over 8000 damage.

NeoLon
Jul 23, 2003, 09:58 PM
WTF DO U HAVE AGAINST FO's!!!! ANYONE THAT SAID THEY HATED THEM SHOULD GO LICK A RAPPY'S ASS!!

HunterKieran
Jul 23, 2003, 10:05 PM
The people who play Forces are usually stuck-up little jackasses who think they're all powerful because they can kill a level 36 Hunter (me, of course) with one technique in Battle Mode. The hell with technique! The only ones I use are for HEALING. That's it, nothing more. If you can't fight with something other than technique, you're fucking weak and deserve to be killed by a much higher-levelled player.

LiVe4gCn
Jul 23, 2003, 10:34 PM
I'm offline only so I kinda don't like forces I mean I'm sure they're a great class and all but I don't really like only casting techs. But to add some force likeness to my PSO experience i created a RAmarl. Yeah so they can't cast Reverser, Grants, Megid, ummmm the best techniques....I think I'm going to go create a force real fast any suggestions? Type of FO and SectionID?

LiVe4gCn
Jul 23, 2003, 10:35 PM
I'm offline only so I kinda don't like forces I mean I'm sure they're a great class and all but I don't really like only casting techs. But to add some force likeness to my PSO experience i created a RAmarl. Yeah so they can't cast Reverser, Grants, Megid, ummmm the best techniques....I think I'm going to go create a force real fast any suggestions? Type of FO and SectionID?

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 10:39 PM
FOnwem, Pinkal.

Shimarisu
Jul 24, 2003, 09:58 AM
He said he didn't want to go tech only, so what he's REALLY looking for is a FOmar. Why tell him to use a tech only FO?

Section ID depends on what you want really, mine is Pinkal but I'm happy with that - still finds some decent FOmar weaps like Red Saber, although the constant Agnis are bloody annoying. I gave all the stuff I found to my FOnewearl who is Yellowboze.

- Shimarisu (none of my char's IDs are really that appropriate, but it doesn't matter because I have most IDs in the game).

Mr_Hero
Jul 24, 2003, 10:06 AM
I make love to the forces in ultimate ruins. Us Hucasts need them sometimes.

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 10:14 AM
My friend uses my HUmar as a force. _ _; He's always shouting at me to Resta him.

happyalloy
Jul 24, 2003, 10:37 AM
Using a HUmar as a Force? *shudders*

And I agree with Shimarasu, make a FOmar with Pinkal so you'll be able to find techs and use weps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 10:39 AM
O_o. That was me, not Shiz.....Rabbit Girl. XD

LiVe4gCn
Jul 24, 2003, 11:11 AM
I don't really want a Pinkal ID because I already have some other characters (Oran,Greenill,Purplenum) that can get him disks and weapons before he really needs them and he already has a nice Club of Laconium and Hildebear's Cane waiting for him. I was thinking Whitill because I really want a legit Guld Milla for the 2 rangers I have. But please correct me if I've gone stupid. Or insane.

Pastullio
Jul 24, 2003, 01:09 PM
didn't i say let this post die????

tank1
Jul 24, 2003, 02:01 PM
forces are fine sure they dress like total oddballs but they got some sweet move but give me a ranger anyday cuz like some guy said wanna sword be a hunter wanna gun be a ranger want the bosses to call you sir or maam have a force.
(but in battle mode if u wanna get picked off before u even get a chance to wave your wand and cast megid and be left 1 sad looking corpse be a force and if u want #~?* poor hp and def be a force aswell rangers rule!!!

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-07-24 09:11, LiVe4gCn wrote:
I don't really want a Pinkal ID because I already have some other characters (Oran,Greenill,Purplenum) that can get him disks and weapons before he really needs them and he already has a nice Club of Laconium and Hildebear's Cane waiting for him. I was thinking Whitill because I really want a legit Guld Milla for the 2 rangers I have. But please correct me if I've gone stupid. Or insane.

If you want a massive supply of Diska of Liberators (I got 14) Sure.

Blade21
Jul 24, 2003, 02:19 PM
I like forces a lot. But some are quite testy. I played one with my 149 HUmar and i POLIETLY asked for some s/d and the damn FOnewmn went off! So after a month of explaining why he's upset and underappreciated. .( i had to be playin PSOX,. . he had a whiny voice) I asked if he was gonna gimmie any s/d he didnt say anything, and he left.

Which is now why I always ask beforehand. . dont wanna upset those hot tempered spell shooting wonders.

_brainchild
Jul 24, 2003, 02:36 PM
I've decided that I'm just not going to ask at all for any help from anyone. I don't want them to get the idea that I owe them something. My HUmar is self sufficient.

One more thing, in battle mode the tables seem to turn. Instead of the Hunters being the easiest class to use, it's the Forces, followed up by the Rangers wreaking the most havoc. It makes us Hunters deploy a more strategic look on things, really taking advantage of traps and blind spots. I really enjoy being able to see a Force running through a hallway toward me while I'm just out of sight, waiting to strike. I would bet that it's not pleasant to be clothslined by a Dragon Slayer just as you walk through a doorway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FinalHell
Jul 24, 2003, 03:14 PM
Yes Yes, when it comes to battles Forces do kick butt, (haha i said butt) but sumtimes theres a guy with resistance and i cant do anything to hurt him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif. But i dont understand y Hunters become more strategic.

happyalloy
Jul 24, 2003, 03:18 PM
No, Lukas, you suggested FOnewm. I suggest (with Shiramasu) a FOmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When it comes to asking for techs, the only time I get annoyed about people asking for techs is when the s/d has JUST run out, and I'm in the middle of a crowd of monsters unable to do anything, and people yell for S/D immediately and haven't given me a chance to get free so I CAN cast s/d for them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 03:18 PM
.....Check the name.

_brainchild
Jul 24, 2003, 03:28 PM
Hunters need to become more strategic, because in the time it takes for us to run up to a Force or Ranger, said Force or Ranger has plenty of time to either retreat or unload on the foolish hunter.

I like to stand somewhere out of plain sight with some traps set up and then when someone gets frozen I'll run in and finish them with some really basic melee with my Yamato or something like that. Easy kill.

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 03:39 PM
I don't demand shifta/deband. I'm a HUmar, but my best friend is a force. we both play together alot so i know how good of fighters force can be.

magenta
Jul 24, 2003, 06:19 PM
my goodness..

..i dont understand this issue at all with having to cast shifta deband, jellen and zalure..

back in the old days of version 1, and 2. any good force, tanker, or otherwise, wouldnt think twice of casting all these spells, regardless of who theyre playing with online (unless of course its a more powerful force)..
in fact i made it compulsory to shifta and deband everyone before entering hostile rooms, jellen and zalure enemies as soon as we get in, resta (or reverser) when necessary and after...being a tanking force, i relied less on attack techs..so immediate access techs keyed onto my buttons were just jellen and zalure (since i cast shifta and deband outside rooms anyway) and a ra spell (usually rabarta bein the most useful).

in the end its all helpful TO YOU..the force
so you got shifta and deband on. but you get knocked down, or trapped, whos gonna come to the rescue.. yes that sorry hunter who you refuse to shifta and deband.. only he cant help you at the moment because his/her unshiftad undebanded body cant risk being hit, or is lying somewhere dead since..
by that same principle, hunters should feel obliged to help out forces, hey we gave u a boost, so do us a favour.. but please dont demand too much.

gosh.. i wish i was back online..id show u whippersnappers how to play a good tanking force.

Arutha
Jul 24, 2003, 06:30 PM
On 2003-07-23 20:05, HunterKieran wrote:
The people who play Forces are usually stuck-up little jackasses who think they're all powerful because they can kill a level 36 Hunter (me, of course) with one technique in Battle Mode. The hell with technique! The only ones I use are for HEALING. That's it, nothing more. If you can't fight with something other than technique, you're fucking weak and deserve to be killed by a much higher-levelled player.

1. Forces who think they are all powerful if they can kill a level 36 *snickers* are, as you say
are usually stuck-up little jackasses who think they're all powerful because they can kill a level 36 Hunter (me, of course) with one technique in Battle Mode. because any force can kill a level 36 hunter in battle mode w/one technique, except the "actual" noobs who have just got the game. I never really find much of those anymore...

If you can't fight with something other than technique, you're fucking weak and deserve to be killed by a much higher-levelled player.
Um, what are forces supposed to do if they don't have techniques? They could of course equip a power mag and grab a S-RANK TWIN, but then they are all poser hunter because they don't have a 1000 fricken health like the hunters do. That is why we stand back and go zippity zonde zap on your face. Or we can roast you in the eternally burning gifoie.

That will teach you.