PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this?

Shimarisu
Jul 19, 2003, 04:53 PM
Being desperately unoriginal, and also quite sad, I made my FOmar and RAmarl brother and sister. Made a pic to prove it. Anyone else make matching characters?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pc.engine/arion+ariadne.png

(OMG that's the cutest FOmar and RAmarl you ever saw! You know it's true!)

- Shimarisu

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 05:09 PM
You call that sad? That's nothing! All of my PSO characters I create are characters I made up a while back for some other purpose, for instance "brainchild", that character is from a manga I'm making. Other characters from other stories I'm doing.
However the closest I've come to doing something like what you did is with brainchild. I made him a HUmar and a RAmar. They have the same hairstyle and build, both are wearing one of the classes purple colored suits, facially they both look like my avatar, he's just a different class. The idea I was trying to get accross is that he just put on different set of equipment and is acting like a Ranger. It just didn't work as well as I would have liked it to, so the HUmar is the only one I still have. The HUmar's fighting style just represents the personality of brainchild better: up close bladed weapons primarily, with small guns to back him up.

TheTrueJanus
Jul 19, 2003, 06:39 PM
That's not sad as long as you have fun doing it. I myself have made characters from Chrono Trigger because I'm such a big fan of it. I've made Janus (Humar), Magus (Fomar), Schala (Fomarl), Atropos (Hucaseal), Lucca (Ramarl), Ozzie (Fonewm), and soon to have Robo (Hucast). Now that sounds pathetic to me....having an army of Chrono Trigger PSO characters.....LOL.

StryderPSO
Jul 19, 2003, 06:52 PM
btw good job making the sister uglier than sin...its nice to know that in a world where guys could only make hot girls, we have some ugly ones to reflect a real world only a little more

Monomate
Jul 19, 2003, 06:55 PM
do they share MAGs? are do they just happen to be the same color?

awwww...that's so cute!!!

but that's really not sad at all...i have stories behind all my characters!

Adrasteia is by far my most creative story (and she has the coolest name of all!) created by a rogue scientist to be the greatest android ever created, with assassin skills, incredible speed, and stealth sheilding (she can't be detected by electronic equipment...you can still see her though...) he codenamed her Adrasteia, ancient greek for 'The Inevitable' because, once she starts hunting you, death is Inevitable. However, she used her skills to escape from the lab, and now works as a freelance assassin for hire, and a hunter (HUcaseal to be exact).

Her current target: the rogue FOmar Stryke...

ok...not sure why you all needed to know that...but...i felt like saying that all ladeda!

ok whatever...

Dime
Jul 19, 2003, 07:01 PM
That's pretty cool, the only thing I consider sad is giving your characters a background.

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2003, 07:27 PM
On 2003-07-19 14:53, Shimarisu wrote:
Being desperately unoriginal, and also quite sad, I made my FOmar and RAmarl brother and sister. Made a pic to prove it. Anyone else make matching characters?

*swipes the FOmar and Rati, mmm*

And yeah. My FOmar Helios(Who looks like Calus, which was not intentional at -all-, I made him before that quest came out. >_<) had a matching FOnewearl. Same general hairstyle(Straight, waist-length), same colour scheme on their costumes, etc. Selenity had purplish eyes and facepaint, though, and Helios has green eyes. To make them really match I would have had to use the fourth face for Helios. The fourth face looks evil and mean, though. ;_; She wasn't really supposed to be his sister, I suppose, what with them being different species and all, but they did indeed match. I've sort of done that with my RAmar, too... He looks as close to my HUmar Ian-Kun X as I could make him, although his eyes are brown instead of green and he has shortish hair instead of a ponytail. Same costume colours, though, and the resemblance is pretty good. ...You know, I just realised that the HUmar is the only one of the 'mars that doesn't default to max height. Both RA and FOmar default to max, but HUmar defaults -way- below that.
...I kind of liked Selenity, I'll have to make her again someday if I ever get another memory card.
And what's sad is the FOnewearl I -do- have. ELLY. You get three guesses as to what she looks like, and the first two don't count. >_>;;;

Blenjar
Jul 19, 2003, 07:31 PM
no, my FOmar is cutest FO you'll ever see. Watch..his already is the cutest, ask every chix.

St_Botchua
Jul 19, 2003, 08:03 PM
my gamecube characters can genelogicaly traced to dreamcast characters now thats sad

ginko990
Jul 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
All my characters are named

Ginko Baloba 3x
Redik Baloba
Aiel Baloba
Tyra Baloba
Olch Baloba
eckS-Baloba

limits me to a 5 letter firts name but oh wells.

K9999
Jul 19, 2003, 08:17 PM
I got a FOnewearl who has a RAcaseal with the same name (Sakura) who is her maid. The one RAcaseal head with the black outfit it like perfect for a maid o_0

Dime
Jul 19, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-07-19 18:05, ginko990 wrote:

Ginko Baloba 3x
Redik Baloba
Aiel Baloba
Tyra Baloba
Olch Baloba
eckS-Baloba

You do know it's spelled Ginkgo Biloba, right?

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 08:50 PM
On 2003-07-19 17:01, Dime wrote:
That's pretty cool, the only thing I consider sad is giving your characters a background.

How about giving your character a fanfic that ties into one of the PSO quests where an NPC is the love interest? ^_^

Livin' large as a no-life-loser. Go me.

LifeOnTheEdge
Jul 19, 2003, 09:24 PM
On 2003-07-19 16:39, TheTrueJanus wrote:
That's not sad as long as you have fun doing it. I myself have made characters from Chrono Trigger because I'm such a big fan of it. I've made Janus (Humar), Magus (Fomar), Schala (Fomarl), Atropos (Hucaseal), Lucca (Ramarl), Ozzie (Fonewm), and soon to have Robo (Hucast). Now that sounds pathetic to me....having an army of Chrono Trigger PSO characters.....LOL.

I have a Schala character too lol. Some of my characters are Star Ocean 2 people

Vanango
Jul 20, 2003, 12:03 AM
All my characters are based on the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

dropslash
Jul 20, 2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah, Cale has a "brother" and "sister". Kale (HUcast) and Kally (RAcaseal). I was working on a fanfic for them, but i got lazy and haven't finished it yet.

ginko990
Jul 20, 2003, 12:19 AM
On 2003-07-19 18:39, Dime wrote:

Ginko Baloba 3x
Redik Baloba
Aiel Baloba
Tyra Baloba
Olch Baloba
eckS-Baloba

No, its been my name for every game for the past 4 years but no. I never knew this and no one has ever mentioned it to me. Come on, of course.

Ginko Baloba-12 characters
Gingko biloba-13 characters

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 12:32 AM
On 2003-07-19 22:19, ginko990 wrote:

On 2003-07-19 18:39, Dime wrote:

Ginko Baloba 3x
Redik Baloba
Aiel Baloba
Tyra Baloba
Olch Baloba
eckS-Baloba

No, its been my name for every game for the past 4 years but no. I never knew this and no one has ever mentioned it to me. Come on, of course.

Ginko Baloba-12 characters
Gingko biloba-13 characters

I like to point things out.

Moonlight
Jul 20, 2003, 01:49 AM
The worst I've done is make a child HUne during Dreamcast version 1, she being my main character, and then making her older version on Gamecube http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Other than that, I think recreating many of my other characters was kinda silly, but hey, I liked em and still do . . .

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 04:37 AM
My Dreamcast character is the same (mag and all!) as my Gamecube one, black Humar with purple long hair and the scratched eye face! Pretty cool but cause I just found my account again, and dont need to re do the character http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif