PDA

View Full Version : Boss Fights

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 09:50 PM
With PSO and other games I've found the dungeon crawling aspect to be enjoyable to some extent, but what really gets me going is an epic battle. Dramatically fighting for your life in a drawn out, climactic battle, no sure victor in sight.

The boss fights! Here's the part where people reply to this thread... (hopefully)

What are your favorite boss battles? Don't forget to elaborate on your answer!

SC2
Jul 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
I really dunno, heres the elabaration: .

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 10:18 PM
(DAMMIT! My first attempt at my own post and it fails misserably!)

Well I'll go ahead and try to set a standard:

I really liked the Gal Griffon battle the first time I fought it, I was on Very Hard. Never having fought it before I had no idea what it could do, and since it was on Very Hard the game had long finished it's "just screwing with you" phase of boss battles. I had to learn a strategy for fighting this guy as I went along. After getting trampled an engodly amount of times I caught onto the flow of battle. I loved the cinematics before and after the battle along with the setting where we fought, Thunder and lightening on a lone plateau.
I relished in my victory, and celebrated with a symbol chat icon after watching the Griffon fall to its demise.

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 10:22 PM
My favorite boss battle memory has to be the first time i fought Dal Ral Lie.

I was level 83 when i first fought Dal, i went through all my usual steps to prep, 10 monomates, 10 di's, 10 tri's, 10 stars and 4 scapes. Varista was my strongest gun at the time, Double Saber my strongest melee. As Greennill, and offline at the time, swords were out of the question.

I entered the battle totally unaware of what i was going up against. I'd made a habit out of perfecting combat against De Rol Le, figuring out exactly how to not get hit by all of his attacks. I thought i'd proved all the practice when i'd dropped vHard Barba Ray like a bad habit. I was pretty proud of how easily i'd beaten him.

Anyway, Dal hammered me... hard. The fight seriously must have gone on for an hour, if not longer. I quickly learned how to avoid Dal's attacks, and where my opportunity windows were, but i was dealing him so little damage at the time, he midas well had 083760347064376074509864 hit points, i wouldn't have known the difference.

Long, drawn out battles are bad things for androids, but, after 10 monomates, 10 trimates, 10 stars, 9 dimates, 4 scapes, and 4 photon blasts, Dal fell and i was still standing... barely. Since then, i've made a career out of beating Dal faster and faster. Inside that giant, mutant, body of his lays my 200th level, and one day i'll tear it out of him.

edit: level 200 will be mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-07-19 20:27 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 19, 2003, 10:25 PM
My most memorable boss battle would have to be when I defeated Ultimate Falz..

As Bit slowly made my way towards the final pillar, the dust and dirt on the ground stirred, every step becoming more anticipated for the battle.. Finally, he made the final step towards the pillar, and the battle began. A clap of thunder. A flash of lightning. Darvants swarmed about, Bit quickly took hold of his weapon, his trusty Red Sword, and began to hack away at the swirling annoyances..

Eventually, after slaying one more Darvant.. they all fell, and Dark Falz himself appeared before him. A immense bellow erupted from Falz, the ground shaking thunderously beneath them. Bit smirked, and knew that he had what it took. Bit charged, Sword held high in the air. He lunged forward, his blade making contact, While Falz spewed out more Darvants for Bit to deal with. Blasts of Rafoie and Rabarta rained down upon him, causing him to throw up a few rounds of Resta. The Darvants became to close in, becoming more fierce by the second. Bit focused his power, and unleashed a Rabarta of his own, taking out the Darvants around him. Bit noticed Falz begin to charge an attack.. and take charge at the beast. A battle cry roared out from Bit as his sword struck home, and caused Falz to fall back, and stopped the incoming attack.

Falz had transformed. Bit quickly doned his weapon he had planned for this stage of the fight.. His Demolition Comet. Bit dashed in, dodging blasts of Fire and Ice, and he swirled the Comet around, striking Falz several times, causing immense damage. Bit thought he had it won, when suddenly.. A large wave of Ice overcame him, and Froze him solid.. Seemingly out of nowhere, three Darvants unearthed themselves, and collided with Bit, sending him across the field, and out of Hit points..

Bit staggered to his feet as a Scape Doll he had on him activated, and restored his health. A slight growl escaped from his lips as he picked up his fallen Comet. Bit dashed forward once more, rolling to the side of Ice waves, making sure not to be frozen again. He jumped high into the air, and came down with the Comet, striking Falz critcially.. and as he flipped to the side, Falz fell..

Bit wiped a small line of blood from his lip.. and began to walk off. Suddenly, a slight rumble shook the land behind him, he glanced back to see none other then Dark Falz emerge, and even more powerful then ever. Bit's eyes widened slightly as the entire battlefield changed to a circle like field, both of them now high in the sky. While taking in this change of events, Falz flew at him, slashing him deeply off guard, and the Demolition Comet flew from his hands, and fell off the stage, into the seeping darkness below..

Bit flipped up to his feet, and quickly drew his Bravace, a gun which never failed him before, and certainly wouldn't this time. Bit ran .. dodging endless rows of attacks, firing his gun on the run. Falz seemed to be nearly invincible, and Bit's life force was beginning to run out. While firing his pistol, Falz flew high into the air, out of range. Bit looked up in wonder, as rays of light surrounded him, and struck down on him, blasting him to the edge of the battlefield. Bit was able to regain his stance, and fire off a few rounds, only to be slashed once more by Falz, and he slid across the shining surface once more.

Bit opened, and used his last Trimate, and stood once more. A sharp glare from Bit's eyes met Falz's .. and Bit charged. Bit fired at Falz, striking him several times. Falz slashed downwards to him, though Bit jumped, and landed on the arm of Falz. He ran up his arm, ducking, and holding on as Falz swiped at him with his other arm. Bit was able to jump.. and drew his Red Sword, he went for the final strike, and seemed to spin in midair, dodging one last swipe from Falz.. His stab made contact, and he ripped through the flesh of Falz, striking through his entire being. Bit landed on his side, on the other side of the battlefield, weapon to the side of him. Falz screamed out, light and energy spewing everywhere.. Bit had won. As he looked up, the only image he saw was that of Red Ring Rico flying up to the heavens .. he then blacked out..

(Well. That may not be exactly what happened. But good enough. My apologies for the long post, I got into it.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-07-19 20:43 ]</font>

dropslash
Jul 19, 2003, 10:42 PM
I'll also have to go with the first time i fought the Olga Flow. I was already in vHard in Ep1 before i started Normal Ep2, so busting through to the Flow wasn't all that difficult, gameplay wise.

Psychologically, it was torture. I read every message, every note, every line text that came my way. By the time i'd gotten into the Seabed: Lower Level i was wondering when i'd stopped playing PSO and started playing Resident Evil. I was a bit spooked by the whole experience, and the long, shining hallway leading to Flowen didn't help allay my uneasiness.

I once again prepped for the worst, having no idea just what i was about to face off against.

That first time, when the Flow first appeared, i'd swear he chanted "Heathcliff Flowen" to me before he pressed his onslaught, as if terrified of what he had become, pleading with me to destroy him, and set his soul free.

The fight itself didn't prove too difficult because of my level, but that first time i really came to respect Flowen, the Olga Flow, and the whole Ep2 storyline.

Kenshin008
Jul 19, 2003, 10:42 PM
My favorite battle just happened like 4 minutes ago.

I had my force at level 14 (sad I know) and I went to fight the caves boss De Rol Le. I knew I wasn't going to win ( I didn't even know grants) but it was worth a try.

I head into the boss arena. Having fought this boss a MILLION times with my other characters I knew what to expect.

When I got in there everything turned out to be the same with my force as it had been with my HUmar and RAmarl. Two hits from almost any attack would have killed me. So I often used mates and resta.

About 5 minutes into the battle I found out that I had a great chance of winning even though all I used was Foie! I was doing 125 damage with each hit.

About 7 minutes into the battle he died!! Totally unexpected! I was like WTF?! Oh well YAY!! And gained a level.

And that was about it. It just amazed me. The power of the FOnewearl!

_brainchild
Jul 19, 2003, 10:53 PM
No apologies necessary Bit! That was exactly the kind of "Rabid PSO fan" post that I was hoping for! You're pretty good with your writing. I only hope more people will post like that. ...maybe I'll do one too...

Edit: just needed to specify who I was referencing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _brainchild on 2003-07-19 21:00 ]</font>

ginko990
Jul 19, 2003, 11:20 PM
......Not many "epic" fights with my level 191 HUnewearl anymore. but Deldepths put up good fight.

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 04:40 AM
De Rol the first time on Dreamcast, I was ridiculously to low leveled for the battled, and kept dieing one hit on the purple multiple blast attack, I couldn't survive any hit, then after a few attempts, I sloughtered him. This is offline too.

Tekershee
Jul 20, 2003, 04:51 AM
Wow Bit that was very good. Though I do wish you could run up Dark Falz arm with a fat FOnewm and crush it.

FinalHell
Jul 20, 2003, 04:41 PM
If i could slap Dark Falz, i would. But i cant seem to get past the 2nd form on ULT...

OniTatsujin
Jul 20, 2003, 05:32 PM
one of my favorite fights was against Dark Falz V. Hard...i was slashing at him whenever i could, nd then "oh crap" i ran out of Trimates and only had 1 difluids left and like 35 TP left, that would be one Resta, he was his final form and i was like crap... so i ran as fast as my HUmar could and ran up to him, luckily he put off his invincibility, but he had taken my soul, but i hit him anywayz, did about 400 damage to him, had like 200 left, cast resta and then hit him once more, he died....dropped like a stone, i was like YOOHOO!!!! (it almsot woke my parents up) and this was offline and at 12:30 at night...