PDA

View Full Version : rare monster encounters on cmode

A07
Jul 20, 2003, 01:10 AM
the other day i was replaying C1 with one of my friends that was new to cmode... and he didnt really know what was going on and didnt know in some rooms you could just skip the enemies. so in the one room that you dont have to fight 1 enemy, i spotted an Al Rappy. my friend tried to start killing it but he couldnt even hit for 10 damage and got killed by the rappy. i just ran away after seeing it i didnt even care about seeing it. so does anyone else have a rare enemy encounter to share about they had on CMode?

Murky_Death
Jul 20, 2003, 11:21 AM
yea i saw a nar lily in c4 one time. we had to kill it to move on so i did and it dropped a knight/power! lmao.

Sheik1
Jul 20, 2003, 02:21 PM
I seem to see them quite often. I have encountered a red slime in C3 and rappy in C1 and many lilies in C3 I believe. They will not drop worth a darn, but it is funny sometimes to joke about them appearing. Even if they did drop something good, you could never keep it. Items and character data are not kept or saved after you exit the stage.

FluxGryphon
Jul 21, 2003, 08:48 PM
VM and I tend to see rare enemies when we played offline with two other folks. When that Al Rappy appeared he was like, "Oh great, it will probably kill us." http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif At least rare critters give good experience...provided you can kill them.

I don't think anything in C-mode can drop a red box, even if rare critters did so on Normal (not that we want to waste time to find out...).

rena-ko
Jul 22, 2003, 10:38 AM
nar lilly in ... c4 recently ^-^

usually nar lillies on normal drop add slots, afaik. would be really funny if it had done that in cmode...

Omikron
Jul 22, 2003, 03:59 PM
I've seen at least 3 al rappys in C1 and each HUcasts would do 1 and 2 damage on it and it would always kill at least one person and usually we just suicide to restart, fortunatly i haven't encountered a hildeblue yet... @_@ it'd freeze us all and then smash us.

In C2-3-4 i've never seen a red slime, but i've encountered many nar lillys, they're very useful for extra EXP, just get everyone to hit it then finish it off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif