PDA

View Full Version : help me convince my friend to play PSO

theBUFFOON
Jul 20, 2003, 03:16 AM
ok hes the one who first got me into it on dc, and we played online for a bit and then he decided it was boring and quit

now we both have gamecube and i just got PSO and i want to get him playing again, but he says secret of mana 2 / seiken densetsu 3 for super nintendo is better

help me think of ways to get him playing again

bordering
Jul 20, 2003, 04:20 AM
you can't. once it dies, it dies. trust me. all my rl freinds i strong armed into playing this game gag at the thought of it now. sigh...

SubstanceD
Jul 20, 2003, 09:55 AM
Sorry Dude, I can't help you. I myself have a similar dilema. One of my colleagues went out and bought PSO for his Gamecube after spending months listening to me go on about how great it was ( even though I insisted that it would not be his type of game ), the thing is he has owned the game for almost 2 months now and I don't think he has even played it once meanwhile he keeps buying new GC games and playing them first. I just want him to try out PSO, if he likes it then that's cool, if not well that's cool as well since it is not a game for everyone but I don't want him to keep coming up to asking me for hints and tips on GC games ( especially when he knows the only GC game I am currently playing is PSO and how I probably won't play anything else untill Xenosaga comes out for the PAL PS2 or Final Fantays Crystal Chronicles comes out for the PAL GC ) and I don't wnat him to keep coming up to and saying how he is going to surpass me on PSO when he has no intention of going anywhere near it.

ginko990
Jul 20, 2003, 11:07 AM
When people are done on PSO, they're done.

If he was going to get it again on GCN hed decide after seeing you play it in all its glory again.

CHArLIE666
Jul 20, 2003, 12:14 PM
yo man the only way i got my friends playing is multi-player he hates the game in solo but if im ther with my force helping him the hole time then hes allover it alright just tell him to play with you and just treat him like a prince a copel of times and he'll start back up then just play as you normalely would

Micah
Jul 20, 2003, 01:13 PM
PSO isnt that great of a game in the first place.. too many glitches, bad parts. lame targeting system, bad physics, very repetiitive. seriously.. you want a better RPG game, go buy morrowind for xbox. thats a good one. way better than PSO. but lacks cool weapons and mags..

GnomeSlayer
Jul 20, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-07-20 01:16, theBUFFOON wrote:
ok hes the one who first got me into it on dc, and we played online for a bit and then he decided it was boring and quit

now we both have gamecube and i just got PSO and i want to get him playing again, but he says secret of mana 2 / seiken densetsu 3 for super nintendo is better

But, but....he's right, Secret of Mana 2 and seiken Densetu 3 for the snes are better games = )

Just wait till he beats them and has nothing, then get him to play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Atley
Jul 20, 2003, 01:52 PM
Its only good if you play it online...

Sedyne
Jul 20, 2003, 02:07 PM
On 2003-07-20 01:16, theBUFFOON wrote:

Just because your life is ruined doesn't mean you have to introduce him to PSO and ruin his.

Micah
Jul 20, 2003, 06:20 PM
haha, good point. spare him the pain and introduce him to a better rpg game than PSO

Kenshin008
Jul 20, 2003, 07:09 PM
Tell him you will beat him up if he doesn't play it.

AdAmBoMb
Jul 21, 2003, 12:25 AM
Yep yeah yes..... they are all the same? isent that wierd?

rena-ko
Jul 21, 2003, 02:08 PM
if you force him to play it, you're responsible for it. this will only stress your friendship. leave him as he likes. invite him to your home, play some pso maybe. let him create a chara and play a bit multi offline. maybe he'll fall back to the old drug, maybe not. but forcing someone is not a good way.

good luck.
(and i wouldn't really care what others think about stuff i like. thats why i rarely tell people what i like... hmhmhm... oh! i'm still typing that? just babbling around... never mind... *presses submit button*)

Deltina_Wildfire
Jul 21, 2003, 02:12 PM
I tried to get my friends into it. I have two groups of friends to tell you about:

Well, I first had PSO for the GC, because I was all hot to trot about the new multiplayer option. They all watched me play it single player before on the Dreamcast and thought it was the stupidest game in the world. So, I take it over to my friends house, and the four of us there take a controller and make up our characters (except for me). We go into the Forest, kick butt, and then barely kill the dragon. Then they want off because they thought it was the stupidest thing on the GC and they wanted to play Nightfire.

The other group... well... they're still playing the Forest on Multiplayer... and they still love it. Don't ask me why or how either. It's just none of them have tried to play single-player and unlock some more stages. I just have no clue. They picked it up and got as addicted to it as I have. So, they are all saving their money and buying it for the GC as soon as they can. In the meantime, they stole my copy and are passing it around. Good thing I play the Xbox version out the butt and never touch the GC version... Otherwise I'd go into PSO withdrawl.

Kenshin008
Jul 21, 2003, 03:27 PM
I say you beat him up

Dhylec
Jul 21, 2003, 06:55 PM
On 2003-07-20 11:31, GnomeSlayer wrote:
But, but....he's right, Secret of Mana 2 and seiken Densetu 3 for the snes are better games = )

Just wait till he beats them and has nothing, then get him to play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

unfortunately, snes has some nice rpgs that can keep him busy for a longer while.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rownan
Jul 22, 2003, 11:55 AM
I got one of my friends to go pick it up for GC.. Of course his memory card has been at my house for the last month or so... Two other of my friends have characters on my memory card and have each put a whole ton of hours into the game. Neither of them have played in the last month or so either.. My girlfriend has a character and plays with me a lot.

I still play it all the time though, my character is just starting to get to the level where he can survive on ultimate and find the really good items.. Kinda getting bland though now without anyone to play with.. I am really close to getting the BBA and playing online. I used to play online in the DC days, man what a blast.