PDA

View Full Version : PSOGC online in Australia

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 04:13 AM
Hey, I havn't been here for ages, but I finally found my username and got back in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I only just got PSOGC and seems to be unplayable online. If anyone knows how to connect PSOGC to the net, can someone please tell me, cause the original PSO was a great online game, and the new one would be sooo much better!

Cheers for your time!

Rich_T
Jul 20, 2003, 06:50 AM
Have you got the modem or Broadband adaptor?

Spider
Jul 20, 2003, 10:00 PM
not as of yet, but I'll get one as soon as I know how to get PSOGC online through Australia!

jediknight007
Jul 20, 2003, 10:20 PM
On 2003-07-20 20:00, Spider wrote:
not as of yet, but I'll get one as soon as I know how to get PSOGC online through Australia!

In your original post, you said that you got PSOGC but couldn't get online. Now you say that you haven't got a modem/broadband adaptor yet? Isn't the answer obvious then?

Or could I be mistaken and that you have already tried with someone else's adaptor and they can't get online? Thus, you want to know whether it will work with you?

Sorry, I'm not exactly following this thread. Could be because it's 4am now....zzzzzzzzz

Zolpner
Jul 21, 2003, 02:33 AM
I KNOW YOUR PROBLEM, the little sticker that say "Not online compatable in Australia and New Zealand" right?
I have a feeling that is there just because you can't go on with the modem addaptor, I have a strong feeling you CAN with Broadband...
test it if you wish this is just my idea (I intend to try when I can get broadband)

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out!

Edit: oh it could also mean ST somehow wont let us connect to any servers :/ *shivers*

~Zolp~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-21 00:36 ]</font>

jediknight007
Jul 21, 2003, 11:50 AM
On 2003-07-21 00:33, Zolpner wrote:
I KNOW YOUR PROBLEM, the little sticker that say "Not online compatable in Australia and New Zealand" right?
I have a feeling that is there just because you can't go on with the modem addaptor, I have a strong feeling you CAN with Broadband...
test it if you wish this is just my idea (I intend to try when I can get broadband)

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out!

Edit: oh it could also mean ST somehow wont let us connect to any servers :/ *shivers*

~Zolp~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-21 00:36 ]</font>

Yep, it says on the back of my PSO case that the broadband adaptor works everywhere and the modem works in most places but I don't see Australia or New Zealand anywhere.

Rich_T
Jul 21, 2003, 12:40 PM
Different countries use different telcomunication standards, im not sure whats used in Australia, as im no expert on phone network types.
However if you have broadband you should have no problme using a broadband adaptor.
if you dont have broadband, then you might be able to use the broadband adaptor, conected to your P.C and Internet conection sharing on your P.C, although you must make sure that no other program on your p.c is using the internet.

Benoit
Jul 21, 2003, 01:45 PM
The solution here is to import the broadband adaptor from Europe.

Zolpner
Jul 22, 2003, 01:05 AM
Thats my plan!
and with the modem adaptor I believe thatthey some how blocked 'out of the way' countries so there isn't a slab o lag. Also on the back of the PAL/Euro box it dosn't say that the BBA works everywhere it just say that "these are the countries it works in", for the modem adaptor (which btw is a network card in discuize http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ).

C'ya

Edit: P.S is that how you spell discuize?? cause im thinking no

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-21 23:07 ]</font>

Spider
Jul 22, 2003, 04:47 AM
Not to mention the $8 license will probobly be about $20 Aussie bux! But anyways, if you import one of these adapters and all works A-Ok, I shall be forced to import one myself, although my town is yet to get broadband.

Tommorrow the band I'm good mates with are playing with Magic Dirt and Powder Finger, 2 of Australias biggest bands, I so cant wait, even though Front Foot Forward are the only good sounding band on the line up, the crowd should be massive, and its in my home town http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rich_T
Jul 22, 2003, 12:59 PM
the hunters licence will be charged at whatever the exchange rate is.

Spider
Jul 25, 2003, 05:57 AM
Nice to hear, so does anyone know more bout PSOGC online in Australia?

Spider
Jul 29, 2003, 07:19 PM
Hmmm seems a bit like Sonic Team never really gave a poo about there Aussie fans. I shall now go emo.

CHaomar
Jul 30, 2003, 02:11 AM
I'm an Aussie, and I'm online. I've got a UK modem a Australian GCN and an Australain version of the game and my ISP is Kooee. hope that helps.

P.S oh and you have to get your Hunters licence from the UK, you wont need a credit card for the first month (FREE), but after that its about 14-16 bucks a month

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CHaomar on 2003-07-30 00:14 ]</font>

Benoit
Jul 30, 2003, 10:47 AM
Nice to hear!

Spider
Aug 8, 2003, 07:52 PM
So what, do I just need a modem or do I have to get it from UK? Does it have to be broadband or will anything do? and I believe if you use kooee pretty much anything would work as its not that big.
Ugh, I hated how the DC version needed Bigpond....

CHaomar
Aug 9, 2003, 10:19 AM
well I got my Modem from http://www.gameplay.com and I have a dial up one, it works shmick, so yeah dial up is fine. but if you are loaded get the broadband one and a router apparently it all but negates the FSOD and FSOD-X. but yeah the dial up one works I know it because I have just finished using it as of ten minutes ago, and if you have trouble setting it up PM e and I'l help if I can

Spider
Sep 13, 2003, 06:12 PM
Gggrrr, I cannot decide wether to get a modem adapter or wait for my local area to get broadband and get the broadband adapter.
Probobly should just get a modem before ep3 is released so I have a chance to play it at its prime!

How would I go bout a Hunters license in Aus but? Like where from?

Rich_T
Sep 14, 2003, 04:32 AM
It is possible to conect to PSO using a Broadband adaptor, even if you only have a 56k dial up account, using internet conection sharing on your p.c.
If you are getting broadband soon its probably best to get a broadband adaptor, and try to conect it to your p.c using a crossover ethernet cable and ICS.

As for the hunters licence, you should have a serial number and access key with PSO, either as a sticker inside the game box, or printed on the back of the instruction book, if you have these then online play is possible.

On the PSO main menu, once your set up for online play, select homepage and it should take you to the hunters licence sign up page.

As Australia uses the PAL broadcast system you will probably connect to the European servers.