PDA

View Full Version : Who's the "n00b" here?

DismantleMyMind
Jul 20, 2003, 08:59 AM
Yesterday morning, I was bored, so I decide to play PSO some. (As I don't play 24/7 anymore.) Antares 8 is full, so I go to Antares 10, and join the only open Ultimate game. This RAmar in there keeps calling me "n00b". He then say's "hmrs r 4 noobs s u sux lv gm nw". Strange thing is, I was 153, while he was only 117. I try to ignore him, and just play, but then he really starts pissing me off... Then, I started mocking his spelling... Yeah, I know, it's stupid, but, he was annoying me. I type in comeplete sentances/words even though I lack a keyboard. Here is the RAmar, using Guld Milla, doing 55 or so a hit in CCA, while I do 500+/Hit with my Charge Vulcans. Then I take out my legit Red Sword, and he says it sucks. I then tell him it has 30% hit, and he keeps saying "tsord is btr". I then go back to my Charge Vulcan, which he insists are hacked, so I switch to my legit Demolition Comet, and he whines about how I should use a BKB.

XavierDreamknight
Jul 20, 2003, 09:03 AM
LOL, he sounds like a 12 year old little kid. Its best to just leave those games with little twirps liek that. Want to bet he's just jealous of your mad typing skills.

You can bet he was 12 years old cause the younger generation thinks speaking in 'l33t' is all cool. I only speak it for joking purposes.

Kanore
Jul 20, 2003, 09:16 AM
I know a smarter 12 year old that plays this game.... don't pick on the little ones...

Auracom
Jul 20, 2003, 09:17 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif that guy did sound noobish... but you can't help it. I think its funny how familiar he was with all the "greatest" dupes, yet he didn't know about how much damage charge vulcs an inflict. Especially using a HU.

Dgo
Jul 20, 2003, 09:21 AM
Ouch i hate that i would have done the same thing just lv oops lol leave.It was probably kid trying to show his ass.Back in the days on dreamcast if you would have died you know he would have stole your weapon because he was just jealous(stated before).*remembers the dreamcast days rage growing when some dumb kid stole my spreadneedle shakes fist* someone will pay and pay with there life....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

lain2k3
Jul 20, 2003, 10:08 AM
...Is it possible to only do 55 damage a hit with guld milla?

and how on earth could you understand what he was attempting to say?

philip
Jul 20, 2003, 10:16 AM
Im just 13 but i can tell all of you, im not like him. So dont pick on me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kenshin008
Jul 20, 2003, 10:18 AM
You stayed in the game while that little kid said that crap? I would have left the second negative things were typed.

Monomate
Jul 20, 2003, 11:02 AM
what ya shoulda done is just followed im and NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM...see how appreciative he were after you decided to save his arse...

ginko990
Jul 20, 2003, 11:06 AM
On 2003-07-20 08:18, Kenshin008 wrote:
You stayed in the game while that little kid said that crap? I would have left the second negative things were typed.

the he wouldve won.

Soukosa
Jul 20, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-07-20 08:08, lain2k3 wrote:
...Is it possible to only do 55 damage a hit with guld milla?

Well, since the requirement for mechguns is ATA, they could easily get enough ATA to use them, but not have the ATP to back it up with.

Micah
Jul 20, 2003, 12:20 PM
i hate kids

jediknight007
Jul 20, 2003, 12:30 PM
Erm...sorry guys but may I ask what is a 'n00b'? I'm don't know any American slang. Only thing I can think of is Noob Saibot, the fighter from Ultimate Mortal Kombat.

satoshi1
Jul 20, 2003, 12:48 PM
n00b (and newb) isn't necessarily American slang, more or less online slang. It stands for newbie, someone who is new to the game. There's a difference between newb and n00b, although I'm not sure what it is..

Elvendar
Jul 20, 2003, 03:07 PM
On 2003-07-20 09:02, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
what ya shoulda done is just followed im and NOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM...see how appreciative he were after you decided to save his arse...

This policy works the best for me. You can insult me with your uber-dupes all you want, I just won't revive you, provide telepipes, Shifta/Deband, heal you, or tell you you're going the wrong direction.

People call me childish for doing this. Is it so wrong?

Mixfortune
Jul 20, 2003, 03:12 PM
I personally think it's funny when people have to resort to cheating to "show off" so we all know SARCASM-> how good they are.

Solidus_Snake
Jul 20, 2003, 03:20 PM
I would tell him. Wanna fight little kid? Well see how much of a newb i am when i kick your ass with my legit equipment vs your weak dupes. And you dont call someone who is 153 a newb it doesnt work that way

FinalHell
Jul 20, 2003, 03:29 PM
For some reason every time i go into a lobby its alwayz the little onez that annoy me.Its there voice, it makes me wanna strangle some1. But if they start to get cocky, u gotta mess with them so they can shut up. Thats how i play, im pretty sure that there are other ppl out there that do the same thing

Kenshin008
Jul 22, 2003, 01:32 PM
PSO is falling thanks to those retareded little kids that mess up the fun of PSO.

They dupe, annoy you, talk crap and are just dumb all in one. What to do with them...?

Lucas2k4
Jul 22, 2003, 07:15 PM
Ask to switch to battle mode....*grins*

-Jessica-
Jul 22, 2003, 10:26 PM
I'm 14...but i'm usually quiet and although i know my weapons aren't legid i never brag about weapons i did not get on my own from an enemy. Somehow there is millions of "little kids" in the pso world who are just there to annoy people, brag and say to every single person that they are the best. I have a level 148 FOnewearl and this level 1 RAcast called...i think it was..Badass(ATL) was calling me a n00b....i'm serious. Man...i just hope that pso doesn't become a place where stupid kids think they are the best..grrr i want to strangle them! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RangerFenix
Jul 22, 2003, 11:08 PM
Now I know why i won't buy the Modem adapter, thanks guys... i'll just keep sitting in my living room ( in the quiet) and mash buttons by myself.

SirMixalot
Jul 23, 2003, 05:12 AM
My older brother (who's about 10 years older than I am) has a 12-year-old son who plays online. I met him online on someone else's BBA and he was fine. What is this, teen flame country? It's not the kids who messed up PSO, it's Sonic Team and their fat-ass Double Save.

RuneScapeMan
Jul 23, 2003, 06:48 AM
I'm 13 but I would never do that!
Yeah, those people are VERY annoying, you did ight.
He's just doesn't know that some people are legit and because he doesn't dupe, he finds it hard to get a BKB etc.
I know that my class mates would do something like that so i understand that you hate 12-13 year old players.

Callie
Jul 23, 2003, 10:09 AM
im 13 people pick on me and i do nothing-crys-people are mean

happyalloy
Jul 23, 2003, 10:20 AM
When people pick out the 12-13 year old range as the players that give them the most trouble, it's not that they are saying that ALL 12-13 yos are bad. They are saying that the most annoying people they have run across are 12-13 years old.

I had a 13 y/o stalker on this game (I'm 21, btw). He used to pout when I didn't want to play with him (because I was already in full rooms with my fiancee and other friends), and he would beg me for every weapon he saw me use. I am really glad he seems to have given up on this game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

However, in contrast, I have another friend on this game who is 13. He is mature, responsible, respects everyone, doesn't beg, and doesn't ask us to baby-sit him while he levels lower-lvl characters. I can't wait to start playing C-mode with him.

Age is not a predictor of behavior; but there does seem to be a pattern of the most annoying players being those lacking in maturity and experience in socializing with a diverse range of people; which is sometimes related to being a younger age.

Weif
Jul 23, 2003, 03:04 PM
ive seen 17 yr old act almost as bad...... u_u some people just rnt that brite but just enough that they try to make up for it in talk, lots and lots of talk

polishedweasel
Jul 23, 2003, 04:04 PM
I'm like fresh out of the womb and you see how articulate I speak...OMOMGOMGOMGOGM hax0rs ph33r teh n00bs cuz they r jeluz of teh penus....See? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NO actually I'm 4 yrs old.