PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use the beat system to find rares?

Sid
Jul 20, 2003, 09:29 AM
Well can someone explain how to use?(And if it really works)

LeoNoAyor
Jul 20, 2003, 10:21 AM
Me i do!
Before i begin to play , i always change the time on my GC. Just to test if it is really true..
I can't tell if it really work but i've seen 3 Red Slime in one week!!
I will continue and give you more details later!

See ya bye

Sid
Jul 20, 2003, 11:31 AM
Cool! Thanks

Dhylec
Jul 20, 2003, 11:41 AM
i've done a number of item reports..
(if u notice they have start & end beat for each laps)
i have yet to find a good correlation between beats & rares..
(not that i believe in it.. but noting them down is a requirement for the report)
so ther's a split in psow about the beat theory & plain ole luck..

Soukosa
Jul 20, 2003, 11:52 AM
I use beat times to get rare enemies. Last night, I got a Pouilly Slime in 2 or 3 beats of piping and spliting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jul 20, 2003, 11:57 AM
if you believe in the beat system, then you should be beat upside the head.

Sid
Jul 20, 2003, 05:05 PM
Kalonera at what beat did you found the slimes?

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 20, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-07-20 09:57, blue-hawk wrote:
if you believe in the beat system, then you should be beat upside the head.

:gets beaten upside the head: im a believer o_O

RoninJoku
Jul 20, 2003, 11:38 PM
I definitely believe it for rare monsters..... For instatnce I have ONLY found Mil Lilys when i have my beats set to... um i forget what.. XD But I dont necessarily believe its true that beat time affects rare item drop rate...

InajaD
Jul 21, 2003, 01:05 AM
Dont know about that one.! cuz here's the deal... i did pipe for mil lilies for 3 days in the row, all at the same time/beat..!! and i've only encoutered the mil on the first 2 days.... the 3rd day i did pipe for over 2 hours and NADA.!! nothing... zero.!!!!!!!!! so i dont think it does work..! maybe it's just coincidence... who really knows....
good luck

Ridth
Jul 21, 2003, 01:44 AM
I am not sure what to believe. The only reason why I think it exists is because when I wake up (Around 2:00-2:30 p.m. Eastern) I start playing single player with my new RAmarl (Yellowboze) And every day for the last three days just off 2 O'clock I have found an Al Rappy. Sure I get garbage everytime because it's normal, but still what a coincidence.

I think my char is a freak. Because I have also had my Rukmin revive me, several times in the last week. Yes poor lucky freakish character.