PDA

View Full Version : Best Mechgun!?

Artemidorus
Jul 20, 2003, 03:54 PM
Hey y'all! I never really used the Mech guns just cuz I figured they weren't worth it~until I gave the twin psychoguns a try! Whoot whoo! They're awesome...but can't be grinded! So I was wondering what mechguns work best for y'all. Btw, I'm a RAmar lv. 95 at the moment.

PhoneyMcRingRing
Jul 20, 2003, 03:56 PM
guld millas are GREAT!

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2003, 04:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=8&class=Mechgun&version=v3

RoninJoku
Jul 20, 2003, 04:30 PM
im a fan of the yas9000M purely because of the range and appearance..... My only problem with them is that theyre so overused online =Z

PhoneyMcRingRing
Jul 20, 2003, 04:45 PM
dont be fooled by the rocket punch's atp bonus its probably the worst in there, it fires a shot and thats it, not 3 and it doesnt combo...

Nai_Calus
Jul 20, 2003, 04:49 PM
50% Hit Charge Vulcans. No question whatsoever.

FluxGryphon
Jul 20, 2003, 05:44 PM
I like Red Mechs for Rangers, but if you're looking for something that isn't an uber rare (like the Millas and Yas), Ian-KunX is exactly right. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif 'course if you're Purplenum you'll find caches of the main three regular mechs (Vise, Justice, and Combat), and if you find enough, eventually you'll find one with decent stats and a hit percentage. (In theory...)

neko-chan
Jul 20, 2003, 06:23 PM
I don't understand all this hype around the high hit percents Charge Vulcans. I got a pair of them, 50% hit, and their special attack misses 90% of the time in Episode II. Sure, if I play Episode I Forest I can deal some good damage, but other than there, they really suck, IMO. And note that my HUnewearl's ATA is maxed.

The L&K Combat SnAPPLE gave me are much more effective. They are my weapon of choice since December (the first time I got online) with their 30% hit bonus.

I also recently found a RED MECHGUN and created a RAmarl just to equip these lovely toys. Too bad she's just in very hard Ruins and, so far, I can't really say if they are as good as I'm expecting. I need to test them out in Ultimate mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-07-20 16:25 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Jul 20, 2003, 07:43 PM
I don't understand all this hype around the high hit percents Charge Vulcans. I got a pair of them, 50% hit, and their special attack misses 90% of the time in Episode II. Sure, if I play Episode I Forest I can deal some good damage, but other than there, they really suck, IMO. And note that my HUnewearl's ATA is maxed.

Use them on a Ramar or Ramarl with maxed out ATA and you'll see exactly why. A Ramar hits 311 ATA with the guns equipped, and a Ramarl hits 303 ATA. That's considerably higher than a Hunewearl's ATA of 261 with guns equipped.

303 - 311 is plenty of ATA to pull off the double damage special attack 95% of the time in Episode I, from Forest all the way to Ruins in online mode. Most Rangers use a light-special-special or a hard-special-special combo for maximum effectiveness. In Episode II, you'll need to freeze your target with your Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen before dropping a ton of whoop ass on them - which many Rangers do anyway.

Charge Vulcans are the most powerful mechguns in the game...just because one character class can't hit with it doesn't make it any less strong.

The L&K Combat SnAPPLE gave me are much more effective. They are my weapon of choice since December (the first time I got online) with their 30% hit bonus.

??

L&Ks with 30 hit give a total of 48 ATA.

Charge Vulcans with 50 hit give a total of 62 ATA.

L&Ks have approx. 30 or 40 more ATP than Charge Vulcans, and they have the same range. 30 - 40 ATP is only a difference of 15 - 20 dmg per hit, yet an extra 14 ATA points means you'll whiff less on hard attacks. Personally, I'd rather have the extra ATA and connect with more of my attacks...

I also recently found a RED MECHGUN and created a RAmarl just to equip these lovely toys. Too bad she's just in very hard Ruins and, so far, I can't really say if they are as good as I'm expecting. I need to test them out in Ultimate mode.

Do these Red Mechs have any hit %s? If they don't, they're not going to be as effective in Ultimate mode as your L&K-14s. Again it comes back to hit %s. L&Ks give a total of 70 ATP fully ground, Red Mechs give approx. 100 ATP fully ground. If it's only a difference of 30 ATP versus the hit %s, the hit % mechguns will dominate the other set.

RedRage
Jul 20, 2003, 08:04 PM
I've got a pair of RED MECHGUNS 100/0/0/100/25 and I deal same pretty good damage with my RAmar

Artemidorus
Jul 20, 2003, 10:02 PM
well thats awesome. thanks everyone. I guess i'll just use whatever I find for now. But @ least I know that the mechguns will be worth it!

Elusive_Llama
Jul 20, 2003, 10:09 PM
Just remember that mechguns with hit %s will likely outdo mechguns without hit %s. The more hits you can land with mechguns, the more damage you'll end up doing. Basically, if you have to choose between a Gatling with 60% hit and a Vulcan with 30% hit, go with the Gatling.

neko-chan
Jul 21, 2003, 03:04 AM
On 2003-07-20 17:43, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have the extra ATA and connect with more of my attacks...

Personally, I like to kill critters with a three hit combo. That's what I'm able to do with the L&K thanks to the ATP bonus, while I can't do the same with Vulcans.

Richard
Jul 21, 2003, 03:38 AM
Charge Vulcans with 50% Hit should work fine for a Hunter in Episode I. My HUnewearl is level 165, 2 God/Arms equipped, and has no problems hitting any enemies (save for Del-D, who has strangely high EVP) with the Charge special, and her ATA isn't even maxed yet. I usually do a Light-Hard-Special combo.

In Episode II, you'll miss a lot. But realize, regardless of what weapon you're using, you're going to miss a lot as a Hunter. Charge Vulcans give 62 ATA (says Elusive_Llama), compare that to the usual Double Saber type weapon, which gives around 40 ATA (I know Demo Comet, Meteor Cudgel, Twin Brand, POL, and Twin Blaze all give between 35-45 ATA). So even if you switch, you'll just end up missing even more. Charge Vulcans are still your best bet, but don't even think of using the Special on enemies like Zol Gibbon, Deldepth, ect.

As for Rangers... I don't know. My RAmarl uses my Red Mechs with 20% Hit (0/15/30/0/20). She would probably be better off with the Charge Vulcans, but I kinda enjoy toying around with the Confuse Special the Red Mechs have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-07-21 01:38 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Jul 21, 2003, 05:08 AM
(entering sarcasm) Ya'll forgot about the Samba Maracas. "cha-cha-cha". (exiting sarcasm)

I think all the good mechs (rares, non-rares) have been said. What about the Srank mechs? I'd imagine they could be added to the list as well, specially with added photon ability(ies). I always wanted to name one "Machine Gun Funk." Alas, you can't do that with c-mode prizes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-07-21 03:09 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Jul 21, 2003, 11:34 AM
Charge Vulcans with 50% Hit should work fine for a Hunter in Episode I. My HUnewearl is level 165, 2 God/Arms equipped, and has no problems hitting any enemies (save for Del-D, who has strangely high EVP) with the Charge special, and her ATA isn't even maxed yet. I usually do a Light-Hard-Special combo.

Same with my Hunewearl, whose base ATA is 189, although I tend to use the special in a combo on a frozen critter, or something slow moving like an Indi Belra.

In Episode II, you'll miss a lot. But realize, regardless of what weapon you're using, you're going to miss a lot as a Hunter. Charge Vulcans give 62 ATA (says Elusive_Llama), compare that to the usual Double Saber type weapon, which gives around 40 ATA (I know Demo Comet, Meteor Cudgel, Twin Brand, POL, and Twin Blaze all give between 35-45 ATA).

Mechguns will outdo melee weapons most of the time. Not in damage per hit, but in range. There's a good reason why many Hunters are switching to hit % mechguns in an attempt to pose as Rangers. You can see this online, in almost every game. If you can overcome the long cooldown time at the end of a mechgun combo, you are able to drop 9 fast hits on an enemy from out of harm's reach.

There's much less of a chance of getting smacked down when you're using mechguns because of their fast start-up, quick-firing animation and push-back factor...plus you can engage targets without having to run all the way up to them. Simply turn your character and shoot the bugger. Repeat until everything is dead.

As for Rangers... I don't know. My RAmarl uses my Red Mechs with 20% Hit (0/15/30/0/20). She would probably be better off with the Charge Vulcans, but I kinda enjoy toying around with the Confuse Special the Red Mechs have.

It's just as I said...Rangers with high or maxed ATA have little problems pulling off the charge special in Ep.1, but they'll usually need to freeze their target in Ep.II to reliably pull off the attack.

This is why I'm surprised when people say that they prefer their Frozen Shooter over a Snow Queen simply because they can combo and keep shooting after the target is frozen. Here's the thing...why use the Frozen Shooter's normal fire when you can switch out to Charge Vulcans and drop a hard-special-special combo on your helpless target? 0_o;

Musashi-Slasher
Jul 21, 2003, 04:15 PM
I cant find any good Mechguns......

Skankhair
Jul 21, 2003, 11:56 PM
Guld Milla.

End of discussion.

Appleicious
Jul 22, 2003, 12:11 AM
Just buy them in the shop. I found a 45% hit Charge Gatling 2 days ago and a 50% hit Charge Gatling yesterday (both in the shop).

Vanango
Jul 22, 2003, 04:25 AM
On 2003-07-20 16:23, neko-chan wrote:

my hunewearl didn't have maxed ATA and she had no problem hitting w/ the special.

I could kill everything in the ruins with light light special attack except maybe delsabers when they block you.

xanoki
Jul 22, 2003, 05:12 AM
heheh, Guld Milla = all enemies turn into walking monomates!

Callie
Jul 22, 2003, 09:48 AM
King's mechgun

Mildewman1
Jul 22, 2003, 01:16 PM
I agree with the others that said guld milla. I use these and do about 700 damage with each hit on a critical strike. I have 100 luck so i get this a lot.

KingChaos
Jul 22, 2003, 01:34 PM
id say guld milla

Voodoochild
Jul 22, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-07-21 21:56, Skankhair wrote:
Guld Milla.

End of discussion.

Thats the way it is, no mechgun is better than Guld Milla http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif