PDA

View Full Version : Piping...how long have you done it at once.

Jeff86
Jul 20, 2003, 11:33 PM
I've tried piping a few times but, it just gets too boring and I guess I'm just not that desperate.
So, whats the longest you've gone?

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2003, 12:10 AM
Three days straight. And then I took my Elly clone to Seabed and watched Delbiters stomp her until I felt better.

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 21, 2003, 12:18 AM
I went for 2 1/2 hours, it sucked. didnt even find the stupid guy!! oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Raziel_Kai
Jul 21, 2003, 12:39 AM
About after 50 minutes, I decide to cut that out and get back at leveling up or raise MAGs, whichever has priority at the moment.

Robbie088
Jul 21, 2003, 12:54 AM
sorry, but what's piping?

Raziel_Kai
Jul 21, 2003, 01:03 AM
Basically piping is a game technique you do when you get into an area with monsters that could spawn as rare monsters (Rappies into El Rappies, Poison Lilly into Nar Lilly) so you have a chance to get a rare from them, not to mention good XPs.

What you do is when you run into a room with these monsters, and none spawn as a rare monster, you telepipe or cast Ryuker to get back on the ship. Immediately, you take the portal back down and the monsters respawn, giving you another chance of getting a rare monster to appear. If it doesn't, then you do it again and again until it finally works. Its all about chance, none of your stats affect the rare monster appearance and it takes a good bit of patience.

Personally, I can't stand doing it more than the aforementioned 50 minutes, but I do get lucky and get some rare monsters appearing after 20~45 minutes usually ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raziel_Kai on 2003-07-20 23:04 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Jul 21, 2003, 11:06 AM
10 mins at most...

Kenshin008
Jul 21, 2003, 02:57 PM
72 hours

Nei3rd
Jul 21, 2003, 03:34 PM
30 minutes, realized I coulda spent said minutes leveling up my mag and gain exp. Decided it was stupid and pointless.

Sockey
Jul 21, 2003, 04:00 PM
Never tried it.

Hippocanibal
Jul 21, 2003, 11:56 PM
5 minutes and i found my nar lily's. Life is good =D

Raziel_Kai
Jul 22, 2003, 12:06 AM
On 2003-07-21 21:56, Hippocanibal wrote:
5 minutes and i found my nar lily's. Life is good =D

You lucky Schitz... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Sometimes I just run into a room with a rare monster.
Sometimes I just pipe a coupla times and Voila!
And sometimes I have to endure up to 50 minutes of looking at the nice, weird purple lights when I pipe up and down and end up making a hole in the Pioneer 2's hull. ^_^;;;

Hippocanibal
Jul 22, 2003, 12:27 AM
speakin of rare i just ran into a mil lily =D. got me a cadaceus with 0/15/0/15/20 =D still untekked if nebody's interested. (PURE SPAM BABY!)

TN_Exodus
Jul 22, 2003, 12:45 AM
whats pipeing???

Hippocanibal
Jul 22, 2003, 12:56 AM
Basically piping is a game technique you do when you get into an area with monsters that could spawn as rare monsters (Rappies into El Rappies, Poison Lilly into Nar Lilly) so you have a chance to get a rare from them, not to mention good XPs.

What you do is when you run into a room with these monsters, and none spawn as a rare monster, you telepipe or cast Ryuker to get back on the ship. Immediately, you take the portal back down and the monsters respawn, giving you another chance of getting a rare monster to appear. If it doesn't, then you do it again and again until it finally works. Its all about chance, none of your stats affect the rare monster appearance and it takes a good bit of patience.

Personally, I can't stand doing it more than the aforementioned 50 minutes, but I do get lucky and get some rare monsters appearing after 20~45 minutes usually ^_^ People really need to start reading the whole post XD

Raziel_Kai
Jul 22, 2003, 01:00 AM
Yup... it's better to start from the very beginning and then read down. You can find a lot of info that way.

Hippocanibal
Jul 22, 2003, 01:05 AM
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE RAZIEL KAI! FINISH ToDS!!! GET TO IT!!!

Toruxxx
Jul 22, 2003, 06:55 AM
ive never dun it but i was playing online once on ultimate and went in a room with some el rappys and i started thinking i should go offline and do the fake in the yellow quest to see if i find a pal rappy lol and when i said it i just saw a monster i never seen b4 lol it was the damn pal rappy lol and all it dropped was a red handgun but the %was quite good on it so i dun mind but i just thought it was scary

Mirian
Jul 22, 2003, 09:25 AM
Me and my friend play Hard mode together a lot, and whenever we want an Al Rappy to appear, it does. First time we did Hard mode Forest we found two of them. He wanted one the next day, we piped once, and there it was. 'Course I've never seen a Hildeblue before...

Hippocanibal
Jul 22, 2003, 06:18 PM
argh! i just went through ult forest fake in yellow insearch of real agito. found 2 pal rappies. both dropped flame barrier....cruel fate...

Blanks
Jul 23, 2003, 12:52 PM
with my pinkal ive found over 15 pals and none of them ever droped the agito

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 12:55 PM
I havent done more than 30 mins probably when I was totally legit. If you do more its a waste of your life. Unless you got something fun to do along with it.

Is it legit anyways? I mean shouldnt you play the game to get that item. Should the one you get from piping be considered legit...I mean why not just get a dupe and save yourself the time...?

Hippocanibal
Jul 23, 2003, 06:40 PM
HaLLa you just dont get it XD thats why your not legit

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 06:52 PM
I would definately call this Telepiping trick legitimate.

In a legitimate game, you run around trying to find the rare weapons and it's all left up to your luck. With the Telepiping back and forth, you're deciding to spend time to press your luck.
GameSharkers know exactly what they want and what they're capable of getting. The piping trick doesn't give you any reassurance that you are going to get the spacific item you are searching for. The rare monster is still going to piss you off by dropping 147 Maseta.

poindexter
Jul 23, 2003, 07:02 PM
I once killed a pal rappy and it vanished. I was pretty pissed but it turned out one of the fat rappys was laying on top it. Pointless but amusing I guess and all I got was a Red Scorpio which are turning out to be as common as meteor smashes at the moment. Viridia sucks for ranger stuff