PDA

View Full Version : Recobox trick= No cheating

RuneScapeMan
Jul 21, 2003, 03:31 AM
Even if you're using a turbo controller, and leaving your gamecube on while watching TV and other stuff, you're not cheating.
You're just being bored to death instead of playing online with friends.
And you all gotta admit that Exp stealing S-Rank Mechguns aren't hacked.
But the whole reason why people say that this is cheating is because you gain levels faster... So what?
Why should you care, and besides.
To hit level 200 is just a goal for some people, it's not like "Yeah! I reached level 200! Now I finally completed the game!".
My goal in completing this game is to maybe, Beating all quests and bosses in Ultimate, finding all Force/Ranger/Hunter rare weapons etc.
And some people want to reach level 200 by having fun, and some are just playing 20 hours a day trying to get 3 million exp everyday or something.
I did play 12 hours a day doing solo HS as my RAcast until he corrupted.
That's fun, isn't it?

You're able to gain levels in this game so you can beat stronger enemies etc.
But some people just want levels...
Most people just want to beat the final boss or collect everything in Final Fantasy right?
But some people want to make all their characters perfect.
Same with pso, reaching level 200 is a goal for some people while I just want to play online having a really good time.
But other people who don't want to do the exp trick play just to reach a high level and those people will get bored after a short while...

Micah
Jul 21, 2003, 01:13 PM
tricks like that are harmless exploits. and hell, if you want to spend countless boring hours piping up and down be my guest. but its more fun to actualy do quest/area runs since its not so repetitive. its basicly the same as doing runs. maybe a little more exp, but at a cost to your honor. but if you want the fact you did lame things to reach lvl 200 on your soul. thats your choice. not mine.

BonusKun
Jul 21, 2003, 01:27 PM
You're just being bored to death instead of playing online with friends.

This is a good post but one thing I'll say which makes more or less what Aurra said. Those people who did this exploit are not true level 200s.

They didn't take the time, energy, or patience to work on their character through the rigers of the game and just literally exploited another way to get what they wanted with less work.

The rule of thumb of it not being cheating in reference to this thread could be said that even tho they are not cheating as you say, they are however cheating themselves....

Oedi
Jul 21, 2003, 10:39 PM
Hmm, so would the CC exploit or the Canabine ring exploits fit under the same category?

I personally don't see any harm in using these exploits to gain levels.

PSO is not a beauty contest!

Sparkoma
Jul 21, 2003, 11:19 PM
ahh good point and u really dont get lvlz faster it takes a long time if ur not on ult and if u used power mats u cant do it because u will kill them so its a trick that only some can do and if u wana put up the money for a oneu should do it and its not hurting any one at all just you not playing online.

bordering
Jul 21, 2003, 11:32 PM
like i've said before it's not technically cheating but it is super cheap. i don't understand WHY you would want to do that with a normal character?

the only time when i feel that it is ENTIRELY justified is when it is used to recover from corruption. tell me, snk, aurra, others who feel that way, will my RAmarl not be considered "true" when she hits level 200? i used the recobox trick to RECOVER her from an FSOD X i had. now that she is back at the same level she was at before, i have discarded the duped s rank mech i used to remake her. i intend to go on playing her as though she never corrupted, NOT making any further use of this trick.

i don't see how anyone could possibly say that that's not 100% justified. unless they're a jackass and just want to be sarcastic for the hell of it.

having personally used this trick, i have a firsthand experience of how damn cheap it is. i got my new RAmarl to offline ult seabed at level 64. she nearly doubled her level in one night of using this trick... if you are using this trick on a char class that you've never played before, you are not only cheating in terms of acheiving something you shouldn't, you are cheating yourself out of the experience of watching a char grow and learning the subtle intricicies of playing that class.

oh well, really. i play mainly in locked games with freinds i trust. doesn't affect me all that much.

Skankhair
Jul 22, 2003, 12:03 AM
Are you playing the game? No.

Are you getting EXP? Yes.

Cheat.

You are using a gameplay parameter in a way is wasn't meant to be used (i.e. an exploit) to gain an advantage. That's a cheat.

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 12:39 AM
On 2003-07-21 22:03, Skankhair wrote:

Cheat.

You are using a gameplay parameter in a way is wasn't meant to be used (i.e. an exploit) to gain an advantage. That's a cheat.

may you corrupt over and over again. it's not CHEATING to recover lost levels that you were CHEATED out of in the first place.

why should i be forced to manually re raise a character that i lost due to no fault of my own after having played her pure legit for 600 some hours? jackass...

Skankhair
Jul 22, 2003, 01:30 AM
It's still cheating.

Is it wrong? I don't think so. Is it cheating? Yes.

If you hacked and duped all of your lost items, it would still be cheating. Just as EXP tricks are still cheating, even if your original levels were "legit".

Don't call me a jackass just because you can't accept reality.

If Sammy Sosa corked his bat (cheating), it wouldn't be any less of a "cheat" for someone on the other team to even the odds by corking his bat. You may have been "cheated" out of your levels, but cheating to get them back is still cheating. Sorry. You lose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-21 23:32 ]</font>

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 01:37 AM
whatever, dickhead. you're obviously just trying to start a flamewar and i'm not biting. i didn't get any of my items back save the ones that were IDENTICAL to the ones i lost [units mainly].

and recreating my 158 in no way devalues it. i did it legitly the first time. i'm not fucking saint that's gonna wear a hair shirt and beat myself with a cat'o'nine-tails just to maintain some fucking sense of piety.

like i said, i hope you corrupt over and over again. i hope also that you have major medical problems and then don't "cheat" by seeking medical assistance for them, let nature run its course eh? fuck you.

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 01:41 AM
...besides, sometimes what is truely the right thing to do doesn't fit neatly into the bounds of convention. there are so many damn examples of this, it's absurd. i don't "lose" by doing the right thing, even if it's accomplished by doing something wrong. that's a fundamental moral principle.

i.e. your wife is having a heart attack in the car. what is more wrong? to obey the speed limit because "DATS DA LAWW DURRRRR" or to jam on the gas and get to the nearest hospital as fast as you can?

pretty simple. to say anything else is just to be... an obtuse dickhead.

RuneScapeMan
Jul 22, 2003, 04:23 AM
Bordering is right Skankhair.
It's not your fault that a stupid double save corrupts you.
Corrupting is not a punishment because you've been mean to someone or used too many dupes etc.
It just happens without a reason. And although she's not playing but getting exp anyway, she(I call RAmarls "she") hasn't been cheating because she already spent 600 hours and it's not fair to start over being legit since she lost all her rares.
But I just hope that people aren't going to say that this trick is ruining the game.
Example, Barubary is hacking but she hasn't ruinend the game at all!

tinykutz
Jul 22, 2003, 05:08 AM
On 2003-07-21 23:30, Skankhair wrote:
It's still cheating.

Is it wrong? I don't think so. Is it cheating? Yes.

If you hacked and duped all of your lost items, it would still be cheating. Just as EXP tricks are still cheating, even if your original levels were "legit".

Don't call me a jackass just because you can't accept reality.

If Sammy Sosa corked his bat (cheating), it wouldn't be any less of a "cheat" for someone on the other team to even the odds by corking his bat. You may have been "cheated" out of your levels, but cheating to get them back is still cheating. Sorry. You lose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skankhair on 2003-07-21 23:32 ]</font>

i thought they did the physics on the corked bat. that hollowing a bat out and reducing its mass would increase speed at the expense of the loss of mass. the added swing speed is really not enough to compensate for the loss of mass.

there are many ways to level in this game. you may not agree with all of them. i used the canabin trick for exactly 75,000 exp in 15 mins. i had to see the numbers for myself. its a fast way to gain levels but you lose the experience of actually playing the game. so what.

recobox trick- heck- if you can get to seabed and pick out your camp spot, by all means- if you want to walk away and auto level so be it. youre missing out on the fun of playing. so what.

the boss trick requires cooperation between players. you have to admit, that is the spirit of pso. cooperation. not my cup of tea, but hey, if thats how you like to level, so be it. i would rather wait for the towards the future quest.

look, the point of this game is to have fun. i lvled to 200 the hard way but i enjoyed every minute of it. except from 198-199. that was a long haul. 199 was more enjoyable because at that point i didnt care anymore. i spent a lot of time leveling other chars.

i'm done leveling but im not done playing this game. i love cmode(though i might suck at it but i love it) and i dont mind helping my friends level.

i dont use dupes and actually, i dont use rare weps. thats how i play. i dont let dupe users bother me anymore considering some of my friends use dupes.

corruption is a horrible thing. if leveling tricks are needed to get back to where you were, so be it. most of you need to relax more and just enjoy the game. i think it would make it a lot more fun.

its been said that the journey is more important than the destination. take that how you will. i've had a lot of fun getting to 200. remember, this is a game. have some fun.

RuneScapeMan
Jul 22, 2003, 06:06 AM
I'm having fun.
I was level 153 before my first corruption, I came there on the hard way.
But as I started over, I got treated like a noob and that I didn't know anything although i played for 600 hours.
I do fun things on my spare time, while I'm doing that. i do the recobox trick.
But i play for 4 hours online too.
I just hated to do 15 HS runs everyday, I sure got much exp but I didn't enjoy it at all.
I don't want to play like "I gotta get at least 1,2 million exp today!".
I don't want to get to 200 like that, and i don't wnat to corrupt again. But if they delete that double save I would have been level 190+ right now since i calculated that I would have 83 million exp at the end of the summer by doing 15 hs runs everyday which takes like 12-13 hours and my parents get mad at me.
But by doing the recobox trick, I get the respect i would have had if I didn't corrupt and I can play while relaxing.

BonusKun
Jul 22, 2003, 07:44 AM
the only time when i feel that it is ENTIRELY justified is when it is used to recover from corruption. tell me, snk, aurra, others who feel that way, will my RAmarl not be considered "true" when she hits level 200?

No she won't. Even if you were fucked over by corrupution and tho it wasn't your fault you'd still being doing what you said above in this post.

like i've said before it's not technically cheating but it is super cheap.

It's a lame exploit. Seriously tho it falls under that catagory of you're not actually playing the game it would by all right be considered cheating.

How hard is it to break it down? Weather you think Skankhair is a jackass or not doesn't change the fact what he's saying is true. i.e

In general aspect it took me and many others months of work to get to 200 but when people can just use an exploit 'Which you can't deny that Sonic Team didn't intend for it to be that way' and not even be there.

Logic for a second on this will you?

Why would Sonic Team make a game to where all you had to do was get up, leave and come back later after a beer and a smoke and be Level 200?

They made the game for you to Play not to just leave your character idle for 8 hours a day jerking off on a Recobox.

What are you seriously proving to yourself? You got to 200 faster than anyone?

You've worked hard to get the levels you gained?

You've sat down and worked on your character's abilites, mag stats, material stats ect ect?

No you havn't. All you've done is make the game mindnumblying simple for yourself. You're literally cheating yourself out of any enjoyment of the game & also even tho you did corrupt does not make for an excuse to give in to the temptation of easy levels.

There were other players who could have done the same and yet they did not.

Nova - Level 190.

He got Corruputed at Level 174 and got his ass back up to Level 190 now without the use of exp tricks.

Delphine - Level 200

She went down hard at Level 195 & got her ass back to 200 clean without the use of Recoboxing either.

It comes down to this.

I'm sorry you got corruputed seeing as It's something I don't really would want to wish on anyone but, in due process weather you feel the use of the trick is justified or not you are still exploiting a trick that Sonic Team had they known about it would not have allowed you or anyone else to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-07-22 06:02 ]</font>

tinykutz
Jul 22, 2003, 10:37 AM
if there was a race to lvl 200, its been over a long time ago.

for me a lot of the fun is in the sense of accomplishment. thats the reason i only use mags that i make. i take a lot of time and effort in making my mags and i like knowing that i created something from "scratch"

SNK, you have hit 200 and it took a long time and a lot of hours of playing. i respect your dedication and perserverence.

these tricks that you look down on cheapen the status you have bestowed on hitting 200. i admit, it cheezes me off when people aske if i do the falz trick. if i was doing the trick, i would have hit lvl 200 in half the time.

yes, i feel a bit smug about hitting 200 without the benefit of tricks. in a month when more and more people are level 200, the "status" of being 200 just wont be the same. for me, 200 means that i spent waaaaaay too much time on this game.

lighten up. yes, the tricks are cheap. yes, they don't feel legit. if people want to just level and not play, well, thats their choice. i realize the most fun in playing this game is playing online with your buddies. but if they feel they have to use these tricks so what?

i know what i have done and feel a true sense of accomplishment.

Cyberace_1985
Jul 22, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-07-21 22:39, bordering wrote:

On 2003-07-21 22:03, Skankhair wrote:

Cheat.

may you corrupt over and over again. it's not CHEATING to recover lost levels that you were CHEATED out of in the first place.

why should i be forced to manually re raise a character that i lost due to no fault of my own after having played her pure legit for 600 some hours? jackass...

yes it is cheating your not playing its a much more basic form of actually hacking your system or using a gameshark (or whatever cheat device). i mean you guys all (and by all i mean the legits or so called) whine when you see a guy thats hit lvl 200 within a few minutes of playing right then whats so different about just changing the channel while your charecter is still beating charecters are you actually putting in the man hours and i dont mean on another charecter i mean on the one you are curently persuing no your not its a so called legit(as in no messing with the actually game parameters) hacking you arent doing the work so yes it is hacking

Solidus_Snake
Jul 22, 2003, 12:10 PM
This is to those who criticize others for only restoring what they have lost from corruption. If he restored his level to what it was and no higher and you criticize him for that shame on you. If my character Demi all of a sudden got corrupted i would probably have a frickin heart attack as i have spent more than half of my summer on her alone. She only be 135 right now. To lose more than 250 hours of hard legit leveling i wouldnt care HOW i got those back even if it ment hacking into the game myself. Its completely justified to use such a tactic to restore what was lost and to say blah blah blah its wrong to do it anyhow blah blah blah then you are an asshole. Yes you may feel proud to have gotten corrupted at 195 and then got back the hardway AND to 200 but to me that just means you have absolutely no social life

Aurra
Jul 22, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-07-21 21:32, bordering wrote:
tell me, snk, aurra, others who feel that way, will my RAmarl not be considered "true" when she hits level 200?

Eh, that would be a tough call for me. I'm not really sure. Since you did gain those levels legitimately once, I would be tempted to consider you a true level 200 when you get there, even if you use the recobox trick to recover the lost levels. On the other hand, over all the versions of PSO, I've surely put in enough hours and playtime to boost my main character to level 200, and yet on GC, she's only at 168. I wouldn't recobox myself to 200 and then say "yeah but I did the rest of the exp before." Get what I'm saying?

RuneScapeMan
Jul 22, 2003, 01:20 PM
Why is everybody acting like level is the whole deal in this game?
Level 200 is just a limit, and it was put there to make the game a bit harder, so you can't hit 400 or something.
All games have level limits(Or i don't think Final Fantasy X hs it but, anyway), if some people where level 400, and some 200. It would just crash everything(if you still haven't maxed your stats that is).
If you all say that this game was made to just have fun, why are some of you playing like freaks just for the exp? And just to reach 200?
I don't feel honor, no. But i don't really have much spare time, so while not playing. I'm not really getting bored.
I'm actualy having more fun than I would.

But you're all just lucky not corrupting... And S N K mentioned two people who have preformed sort of miracles. I would never stand doing Forest over and over and over and over just to reach level 200, that would take all the fun out of the game not seeing much of a reason to play.
I would tho play like that if ST would ever removed that Double Save.

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 01:34 PM
in due process weather you feel the use of the trick is justified or not you are still exploiting a trick that Sonic Team had they known about it would not have allowed you or anyone else to do it.
funny stuff coming from someone who shamelessly uses duped items.

besides, did sonic team INTEND to kill characters with FSOD X? DID THEY? if they did, then they are fucking evil. and i don't take orders from evil. see, there's only two answers here, only, "no, they didn't" or "yes they did AND they are evil incarnate". neither of which invalidate me using a trick that they might (HEAVENS TO BETSY!) dissaprove of under -normal- circumstances.

...did anyone actually read this?

...besides, sometimes what is truely the right thing to do doesn't fit neatly into the bounds of convention. there are so many damn examples of this, it's absurd. i don't "lose" by doing the right thing, even if it's accomplished by doing something wrong. that's a fundamental moral principle.

i.e. your wife is having a heart attack in the car. what is more wrong? to obey the speed limit because "DATS DA LAWW DURRRRR" or to jam on the gas and get to the nearest hospital as fast as you can?

pretty simple. to say anything else is just to be... an obtuse dickhead.

it's pretty sound. at least, it damn well seems to be as i've not yet seen one cogent argument to the contrary.

Seriously tho it falls under that catagory of you're not actually playing the game it would by all right be considered cheating

YES. yes i am, or at least, yes i already have fucking done that been there.

hello? HELLO IN THERE?! i actually -did- play the game. for about 600 hours ON THAT ONE CHAR ALONE. i've had it since shortly after launch too, you know. i legitly, painstakingly got her up to 158 just to have her vaporized once. -if- i didn't have to do it manually again, i damn well wasn't going to.

Nova - Level 190.

He got Corruputed at Level 174 and got his ass back up to Level 190 now without the use of exp tricks.

Delphine - Level 200

She went down hard at Level 195 & got her ass back to 200 clean without the use of Recoboxing either.
hmmm, how COULD they have done it? if they are all the way back up to 175 and 200, then they probably corrupted before the trick was even known. duh. also, a FOmar would not be able to utilize the trick effectively. don't make statements like "THEY COULDA DURRRR" when in fact they didn't have any choice either than to manually do it.

What are you seriously proving to yourself? You got to 200 faster than anyone?
no. not at all, actually. all i am doing is revivng my best loved character. honestly, i have never cared about being level 200, which is why you see me with a number of high level characters instead of one uber level one (if you total up my exp (NOT counting 158 twice) it lands me at around level 197, and a good part of that came from normal-vhard modes).

i just don't understand how it's CHEATING. lesse, grandpa has a heart attack. gets rushed to the hospital. doctors fix him up right quick. "OMG GRANDPA IS TEH ZOMBIE!!!one!11!onethousandandeleven!!!111! HE CHEATED TEH NATURE BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A "TRICK" FILTHY, CHEATING GRANDPA." medical science cheats nature all the time, is that a bad thing?

corruption is a horrible thing. if leveling tricks are needed to get back to where you were, so be it. most of you need to relax more and just enjoy the game. i think it would make it a lot more fun.
thanks i think (and i'm grasping here).

I THINK THAT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT, UNTIL YOU YOURSELF HAVE UNDERGONE CORRUPTION, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE THE ACTIONS OF ONE WHO HAS IN TERMS OF RECLAIMING WHAT WAS LOST.

i mean, i know that i didn't fully understand the shit that comes along with it until i went through it.

This is to those who criticize others for only restoring what they have lost from corruption. If he restored his level to what it was and no higher and you criticize him for that shame on you. If my character Demi all of a sudden got corrupted i would probably have a frickin heart attack as i have spent more than half of my summer on her alone. She only be 135 right now. To lose more than 250 hours of hard legit leveling i wouldnt care HOW i got those back even if it ment hacking into the game myself. Its completely justified to use such a tactic to restore what was lost and to say blah blah blah its wrong to do it anyhow blah blah blah then you are an asshole. Yes you may feel proud to have gotten corrupted at 195 and then got back the hardway AND to 200 but to me that just means you have absolutely no social life
thanks and lmFAO to that last part.

I wouldn't recobox myself to 200 and then say "yeah but I did the rest of the exp before." Get what I'm saying?
well, DUH. i have already, like i said elsewhere, discarded the duped srank mechs i used. i am continuing to play her normally. for me, like i said above, the game isn't about level 200. to ME, that's kinda lame. i missed my RAmarl the most because most people knew me as "Ajent". i missed that. i missed my RAmarl the most because my husband made her in my image. i missed my RAmarl the most because she's the one i learned to play the game with. i missed my RAmarl the most because i had spent my best resources and time doting on her. IT FUCKING SUCKED WHEN THAT CARD WAS WIPED AND PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED FSOD X PROBABLY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 11:39 PM
On the other hand, over all the versions of PSO, I've surely put in enough hours and playtime to boost my main character to level 200, and yet on GC, she's only at 168. I wouldn't recobox myself to 200 and then say "yeah but I did the rest of the exp before." Get what I'm saying?
actually, it looks like i didn't get what you were saying earlier. i see it now.

the difference between moving on from dc to gcn and leaving one character behind to start a new one is that you did it WILLFULLY. you made that choice, you KNEW you would lose all those levels if you switched versions. i, on the other hand, HAD NO CHOICE. my character was stolen from me, when i wasn't ready. i doubt if you cried all day when you -decided- to stop playing your old dc chars, did you? well, i cried the whole day my chars corrupted. it's a fundamentally different thing. i had no choice, i wasn't ready to let that character go. you had a choice and were ready to let your dc chars go. see? get what i mean?

BonusKun
Jul 23, 2003, 01:03 PM

I never said I didn't now did I?

besides, did sonic team INTEND to kill characters with FSOD X? DID THEY? if they did, then they are fucking evil. and i don't take orders from evil.

Ok I'm not sure weather you've had too much of something but they didn't intend for Corrupution either. Still two wrongs don't make a right.

see, there's only two answers here, only, "no, they didn't" or "yes they did AND they are evil incarnate". neither of which invalidate me using a trick that they might (HEAVENS TO BETSY!) dissaprove of under -normal- circumstances.

You know this 'Evil Incarnate' thing is a little far fetched. They are just human beings who make mistakes like any other. As far an invalidation goes, you asked for my opinion and I gave it.

Don't cop an attitude with me over it when you called me out about in the 1st place.

i just don't understand how it's CHEATING.

Simple. You're not doing the work. You get up. Leave. Come back later and wahlah all of a sudden you have mad levels.

You know they made the game for you to actually play it remember?

I THINK THAT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT, UNTIL YOU YOURSELF HAVE UNDERGONE CORRUPTION, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE THE ACTIONS OF ONE WHO HAS IN TERMS OF RECLAIMING WHAT WAS LOST.

I'm sorry but that's not an excuse to do it. Regardless there were others who were corruputed before at high levels and they did not resort to EXP tricks to get their lost levels back.

You just gave into just getting back what you lost but once again.

I'm sorry you got corruputed seeing as It's something I don't really would want to wish on anyone but, in due process weather you feel the use of the trick is justified or not you are still exploiting a trick that Sonic Team had they known about it would not have allowed you or anyone else to do it.

I know what happened to you wasn't fair but in general life isn't fair either. You either take the lumps and fight it or you just go with the flow.

IT FUCKING SUCKED WHEN THAT CARD WAS WIPED AND PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED FSOD X PROBABLY DON'T UNDERSTAND.

If you want maybe you can ask Delphine or Nova about it. I'm sure since they both suffered corrupution at Level 174 & Level 195 respectivly they can offer you their feelings on the recobox.

But once again you asked for my opnion on this which means you had no right to cop a fucking attitude with me.

I don't give a fuck who you are or what you do but if you give me any shit when you asked for my opinion then you're going to get back what you give.

So take a valuim and don't get pissy with me over your corrupution. I said I was sorry it happened but, that's as far as it goes.

Oh and fyi Nova could have used the Canabin trick when he got corrupted but he didn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-07-23 11:42 ]</font>

Rudoku
Jul 23, 2003, 01:09 PM
Wow. All this about something as stupid as levels. Who freakin' cares how you got to level 200. Both ways suck and take time....

bordering
Jul 23, 2003, 10:46 PM
in due process weather you feel the use of the trick is justified or not you are still exploiting a trick that Sonic Team had they known about it would not have allowed you or anyone else to do it.

I never said I didn't now did I?
my point in bringing up the fact that you use dupes is that it means you have absolutely no right to bring in the "what sonic team intended" argument. what i am doing by recreating a char using a recobox trick is totally within the confines of the game. it's even listed in a guide on this sight. it's not illeagal, it's not agains the TOS. if it was, PSOW wouldn't have posted it in a guide. duping and using duped/hacked items, on the other hand, IS illeagal. there are no "how to dupe" guides listed on this site for that reason. therefore, you really have no moral grounds from which to criticize. since technically, you're cheating in a worse way then i ever had. and your whole journey to the big two-oh-oh was facilitated by using illeagal items. i don't think sonic team would smile on that, now would they?

Ok I'm not sure weather you've had too much of something but they didn't intend for Corrupution either. Still two wrongs don't make a right.
since sonic team didn't intend for the malignancy of corruption, then they should help us out right? after all, in other online games, corruption of chars is rare (due to most of those being server side saving). and in the rare instance that char corruption does occur, the victim is usually helped by the company. go ask the RO boards what happens when someone corrupts in that game. i've done it before, and the stories i've heard all involve that company recreating/restoring the victim's chars.

and the aphorism "two wrongs don't make a right" is just that; these things don't apply in all situations. it can be grey, yes, but if you take a few moments to try and think a little, i'm sure you can come up with a myriad of examples where two wrongs do indeed make a right. let me save you your brainpower, heh, and offer one: someone brutally murders your family. that's a wrong. then, that person is sentenced to death/or incarcerated for life. now, depending on who you talk to, the consequence for that action is also a "wrong". especially when it involves the death penalty. did i mention that the derranged asshole also raped your 10 year old sister? see how two wrongs can make a right?

You know this 'Evil Incarnate' thing is a little far fetched. They are just human beings who make mistakes like any other. As far an invalidation goes, you asked for my opinion and I gave it.
i agree with you that thinking st is evil incarnate is pretty far fetched, that's why i think that yuji naka isn't losing sleep over people recovering their dead chars. he's probably losing it over the glitch in his game that CAUSES corrupt chars, and the whole his game being ruined by mass duping stuff... or he's not losing sleep at all and is snoozing peacefully between two thai hookers and doens't give a damn about what pso players do. i'd vote for either of those options before i would vote for him going, "OMG OMG OMG!!!1!!!1!!11 PPL ARE RECOVERING THEIR CORRUPTED CHARS!".

Don't cop an attitude with me over it when you called me out about in the 1st place.
if i saw you say something that was seemingly ignorant, short sighted, cold hearted, etc. about, say, whether or not jews should be killed just 'cause their jews, then i asked for elaboration on your viewpoint, and you said even more clearly, "jews should be killed just 'cause they're jews", i would feel pretty secure in being a little "pissy" 'cause your views make no sense.

Simple. You're not doing the work. You get up. Leave. Come back later and wahlah all of a sudden you have mad levels.

You know they made the game for you to actually play it remember?
what are you missing here? i had over 600 hours logged on my original RAmarl. she WAS pure as the snow legit. i DID play her. YOU KNOW THEY MADE THE GAME FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT AND NOT BE CHEATED OUT OF YOUR CHARACTER REMEMBER?

i already paid those damn dues, no need but dick waving or inability to painlessly get there to pay them twice.

I'm sorry but that's not an excuse to do it. Regardless there were others who were corruputed before at high levels and they did not resort to EXP tricks to get their lost levels back.
yea, and that REALLY sucks for them. like, a lot. because they corrupted before this trick was even known. i'd like to see anyone save the most Phlanax like jerk off corrupt these days and not take advantage of the trick to recreate what they lost.

You just gave into just getting back what you lost but once again.
exactly. so, i still don't see how an argument can be made that it's wrong from anyone other than a Phlanax like jude-creature.

So take a valuim and don't get pissy with me over your corrupution. I said I was sorry it happened but, that's as far as it goes.
well, you don't really seem very understanding. and, like i said above, i find your dismissal rather offensive.

Oh and fyi Nova could have used the Canabin trick when he got corrupted but he didn't.
i'm not using that (or any other) trick on my new FOmarl either. why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY OFF. it's fucking boring and painful to sit around doing the canabine trick. in the case of any char with an ata lower than 180, imo, exp tricks aren't worth it even for recovery. i can make around the same xp just playing the game with her. not the case with a RA or Hu or even newman FO (no, i'm not recreating that FOnewm, i hated him heh); the recobox trick makes getting your char BACK painless. and, to me, that's a fucking blessing.

i do agree with your sentiment that the trick is fucking cheap when used to augment existing chars. i would never ever do it on a living char, 'cause that's not the way i roll. but for recovery? it's a great balm. and it's not like i didn't play her 100% legit the first time to painstakingly get her to 158. did i mention that she's an EXACT clone of my original? that's right, i had mat records for her and everything. there is no difference between Kali II and Kali I.

sorry to get pissy, it happens when people are insensitive about corruption, especially when that person doesn't know first hand what it feels like.

Aurra
Jul 23, 2003, 11:05 PM
Yes bordering, I know where you're coming from and I agree, for the most part. It's not like I'm telling you not to do the recobox trick; if you do it for the reasons you've given above, still feel legit, and have a good time with PSO, then more power to you. I'm also not saying lost characters shouldn't be restored. If I ever corrupted I wouldn't recobox Aurra back up to 168, but that's just me. I'd rather just say she's dead and start a new character. Every system has its glitches and I won't try to defy their existance.

Many people wouldn't consider you a true level 200 if you used the recobox trick to get part of the way there, even given your history, but if you don't care about than then go for it. Play PSO for yourself, not people you'll never meet.

RuneLateralus
Jul 23, 2003, 11:07 PM
Ok, knock off the fighting! Next comment will get this thread locked.

Castoth
Jul 23, 2003, 11:20 PM
*gets the next comment and trembles* O_O

Er, anyway. I don't see a problem with sitting there manually and doing that since you are physically there playing the game. It's the leaving it on and having it play by itself that seems iffy. Kind of reminds me of the Pindlebot situation in Diablo II.

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:47 PM
Wow... those are the longest posts I've ever seen in my life, bordering o_O

K9999
Jul 24, 2003, 03:28 AM
I bet using the flight fan for HS runs is cheating eh? <3 flight fan that gets my RAcaseal lvls

RuneScapeMan
Jul 24, 2003, 05:50 AM
Those........ Are pretty long posts >O.O<.......
Anyway, I don't know if I can stand reading everything tho.
But if all this that BonusKun is saying is correct, the the Telepipe Trick is cheating...
Why? Beacuse you're not playing the game =D.
Some people don't use Turbo Controllers and they sit there getting bored to hell...
But it's just the same with telepiping, you sit there telepiping, but they acctualy made those rare enemies to be RARE right?
It's true gaming by just going THROUGH SoaB or something trying to face a Mil lily instead of TELEPIPING for one right?

BonusKun
Jul 24, 2003, 07:12 AM
my point in bringing up the fact that you use dupes is that it means you have absolutely no right to bring in the "what sonic team intended" argument.

Who's talking about rights? I never said using dupes wasn't cheating. I never even so much as had the fart of a notion to say it wasn't. I'm not pulling the wool over my eyes in regards to using dupes but you should look at what you're doing as well.

what i am doing by recreating a char using a recobox trick is totally within the confines of the game.

Hello once again.

Are you getting exp? Yes.

It's as much as a cheat as using dupes are because you're not the one playing. You're letting a controller do your work for you.

it's even listed in a guide on this sight. it's not illeagal, it's not agains the TOS.

Big deal if it's not in the TOS or weather or not it's listed on the site. It's an exploit that you're using to get back what you lost.

if it was, PSOW wouldn't have posted it in a guide. duping and using duped/hacked items, on the other hand, IS illeagal. there are no "how to dupe" guides listed on this site for that reason.

Because those are obvious cheats which the majority of players can agree on which isn't legal. It still doesn't change the fact that what you're doing is cheating to get back what you lost.

Again.

Are you getting Exp? Yes.

Therefor it's cheating.

therefore, you really have no moral grounds from which to criticize. since technically, you're cheating in a worse way then i ever had.

Who the fuck is talking about morals? You're fucking cheating in a game in a way that is just as bad as duping. Quit trying to sugarcoat your own illusions about this.

Once more.

and your whole journey to the big two-oh-oh was facilitated by using illeagal items. i don't think sonic team would smile on that, now would they?

Nope but they probably wouldn't smile on your delusions also but at least I was at the fucking controller doing the work unlike you who probably got up & left for a lunch at McDonalds. Don't you get it yet?

How can you say it's not cheating when you're not even physcially holding the controller. Hello once more?

Are you getting exp? Yes.

This sinking in yet?

since sonic team didn't intend for the malignancy of corruption, then they should help us out right?

Help us?

Why should they help you or any of us? They got our $8.95 a month. Hate to break it to ya sweetheart but Sonic Team on a whole could give 2 shits less about you, me or a lot of people on this site.

I figured the stories people related about NOL, RSOD On the Dreamcast Versions and whatnot with the current state of the Xbox Version of PSO might clue you in to that.

The gaming industry is all about money & you better wake up to the reality of that. They won't spend any mass amount of money on anything unless they have to.

after all, in other online games, corruption of chars is rare (due to most of those being server side saving).

Which shows how cheaply Sonic Team made this game. They can't afford to keep characters on the Server side of the game.

If that was the case I promise you a lot of these dupes, glitchs & whatnot would probably be almost be not happening on the Gamecube Version however I'll say that with the ability to tamper with the hardware of the X-Box I could forsee that version still getting hacked into even if the characters were on the server side.

and in the rare instance that char corruption does occur, the victim is usually helped by the company.

Again this is Sonic Team we're talking about. They don't care about your or my character. They made a game and dumped it on us with wonderful glitches and all and that's all you'll get for $8.95.

go ask the RO boards what happens when someone corrupts in that game. i've done it before, and the stories i've heard all involve that company recreating/restoring the victim's chars.

Good for you but here's a clue.

This isn't RO!

They actually care because they know how to keep their players happy! Sonic team just gives you a kiss and then takes $8.95 from you and that's it. Comparing Sonic Team to the creators of RO is like comparing Apples and Oranges.

and the aphorism "two wrongs don't make a right" is just that; these things don't apply in all situations.

Well it comes down to you made your choice to cheat your levels back up to what they were because of Sonic Team's incompentant programming. Once again.

If you're reading anything READ that!!

it can be grey, yes, but if you take a few moments to try and think a little, i'm sure you can come up with a myriad of examples where two wrongs do indeed make a right.

The same could be said for you if you decided to use some Logic here on your own. Look at what you're justifying. I told you I was sorry you got corrupted several times & even if somehow I ever get corrupted like Nova and Delphine did I will never resort to this because I'm not weak enough to let a Turbo Controller do my work for me.

let me save you your brainpower, heh, and offer one: someone brutally murders your family. that's a wrong.

Hello? We're talking about a Videogame here. Not real life. That type of analogy does not apply to this?

then, that person is sentenced to death/or incarcerated for life. now, depending on who you talk to, the consequence for that action is also a "wrong". especially when it involves the death penalty. did i mention that the derranged asshole also raped your 10 year old sister? see how two wrongs can make a right?

Again this has nothing to do with a Videogame in any way shape or form. Don't try to use moral issues of Socity to excuse yourself for your actions in a Videogame. You'll lose that arguement everytime.

i agree with you that thinking st is evil incarnate is pretty far fetched, that's why i think that yuji naka isn't losing sleep over people recovering their dead chars.

Excatly what I pointed out to you in this reply as well.

It's all about the money. Nothing else.

he's probably losing it over the glitch in his game that CAUSES corrupt chars, and the whole his game being ruined by mass duping stuff

Actually he made his money off everyone so i doubt he even gives a damn. He's got too many other projects on the way now since he Left Sonic Team.

... or he's not losing sleep at all and is snoozing peacefully between two thai hookers and doens't give a damn about what pso players do. i'd vote for either of those options before i would vote for him going, "OMG OMG OMG!!!1!!!1!!11 PPL ARE RECOVERING THEIR CORRUPTED CHARS!".

Yeah I'm so sure he gives a shit about you or me. Ask him next time you see him online ok?

if i saw you say something that was seemingly ignorant, short sighted, cold hearted, etc. about, say, whether or not jews should be killed just 'cause their jews, then i asked for elaboration on your viewpoint, and you said even more clearly, "jews should be killed just 'cause they're jews", i would feel pretty secure in being a little "pissy" 'cause your views make no sense.

And you think the logic of your views make any sense?

One mo time...

What part of that is so hard for you to grasp?

what are you missing here? i had over 600 hours logged on my original RAmarl. she WAS pure as the snow legit. i DID play her. YOU KNOW THEY MADE THE GAME FOR YOU TO ACTUALLY PLAY IT AND NOT BE CHEATED OUT OF YOUR CHARACTER REMEMBER?

So in that retrospect. You should just start over at Level 1 and do it clean from the start all over again. Others have done it before so why should you be any different?

You loved your character which I understand and respect that but, to use an exploit that wasn't intended by Sonic Team along with all the other fucked up glitches in the game is still cheating.

i already paid those damn dues, no need but dick waving or inability to painlessly get there to pay them twice.

Now if you feel like doing that I'm not saying that it's my choice to choose how you play your game or not just like you can't tell me how to play mine but at least I don't make excuses for my actions.

yea, and that REALLY sucks for them. like, a lot. because they corrupted before this trick was even known. i'd like to see anyone save the most Phlanax like jerk off corrupt these days and not take advantage of the trick to recreate what they lost.

Of course it sucked for them. Nova was literally livid when his Legit FOmar bit the dust. After that he said fuck it and remade his character. he used dupes from then on out but he never had to stoop to telling people he never cheated on his Levels with EXP tricks. He could have done it, he chose not to.

exactly. so, i still don't see how an argument can be made that it's wrong from anyone other than a Phlanax like jude-creature.

Phalanax is just a tool so as far as I'm concered he's not even a point to argue over. Maybe I'm disgressing too much but let me point it out to you like this.

This game was meant to be played and enjoyed for a long period of time. That means while leveling was one aspect of the game, it was easy to lose yourself into many other parts to enjoy the game to it's fullest.

Character Corruption is lame which I think you and me can both see eye to eye. It's never happened to me nor at this point I doubt it ever will but, I have seen it happen to so many of my friends and it literally killed their interest from playing this game ever again.

Some of them moved onto better games and some decided to tough it out and get back what they lost. Be it the Falz Trick, Gal Griffion Trick or Recobox Trick.

All of these are exploits which you cannot deny are way for people to speed up their leveling. To think on PSO a person can shelve in 83,227,800 exp in just a week is fucking stupid. Even the players I know who have done this with whom I talk to online say it's cheating.

Do i care if they did it? No.

Does it effect me? No.

If I ever get corruputed will I do it? Fuck no.

You're basing your argument off many things but I keep hammering one point which you have yet to give me a solid answer. You are meant to actually be interactive with this game and be there physically at the controller playing the game.

If for some reason you did the Recobox trick with you actually sitting there for hours in front of the screen doing it then i wouldn't have a right to say shit because you're playing the game.

But in reality you're not and therefor it's by all definition cheating. Getting your levels back I can understand but don't think that what you're doing excuses the fact you're not playing the game to do it.

well, you don't really seem very understanding. and, like i said above, i find your dismissal rather offensive.

And your offesive attitude I don't care for either but you don't see me name calling people trying to get a point across now do you?

i'm not using that (or any other) trick on my new FOmarl either. why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY OFF. it's fucking boring and painful to sit around doing the canabine trick.

Then sit there with your controller in your hands and do the Recobox trick & compare then.

in the case of any char with an ata lower than 180, imo, exp tricks aren't worth it even for recovery. i can make around the same xp just playing the game with her. not the case with a RA or Hu or even newman FO (no, i'm not recreating that FOnewm, i hated him heh); the recobox trick makes getting your char BACK painless. and, to me, that's a fucking blessing.

Which i can agree that it is but it's still an exploit and it's still cheating weather you lost your character or not. I'm not fooling myself with the use of dupes so I don't think you should do the same with this trick. If you were there in person, in front of your screen doing it then I applaud your patience but any other way it would be just the same as all the other exp tricks/dupes ect.

i do agree with your sentiment that the trick is fucking cheap when used to augment existing chars. i would never ever do it on a living char, 'cause that's not the way i roll. but for recovery? it's a great balm. and it's not like i didn't play her 100% legit the first time to painstakingly get her to 158. did i mention that she's an EXACT clone of my original? that's right, i had mat records for her and everything. there is no difference between Kali II and Kali I.

Other than her hours of play are probably 250 less than the original had.

sorry to get pissy, it happens when people are insensitive about corruption, especially when that person doesn't know first hand what it feels like.

I don't try to be insenstive about it with regards to how many people I've helped get back on their feet from that gayass shit but I stand behind my words that an exploit is an exploit and without being active in the game playing it with the Recobox trick then you're better off just shutting off the game and walking away.

You shouldn't let corruption wear you down as it did many others. It's not fair to you or to the many others who had it happen to them and that's really all I can say about the issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-07-24 05:14 ]</font>

RuneScapeMan
Jul 24, 2003, 08:31 AM
Ok, I'm WAY too lazy to read that one ><.
I'll leave that to Bordering and watch my Topic get locked =D.

TheBigRUnit
Jul 24, 2003, 08:55 AM
The S-Rank Mechguns are an item in the game. They were meant to be used, and they wouldn't have that special if it was cheating. So the only thing wrong your doing here is arguing in this post while you should be on your PSO right now using you Mechguns and getting all the damn EXP you want.
Now If someone corrupts your account that is cheating. I rest my case niccas

RuneLateralus
Jul 24, 2003, 11:43 AM
Well this has gone too far.