PDA

View Full Version : Divine Punishment can't work!?

ah_licks
Mar 19, 2001, 04:49 PM
how do you make the heaven punishment's special attack, divine punishment, work?

it says it's based on time
but that's the part that confuses me

it works when i use it in the forest (awesome weapon). but in the ruins, it's just a plain old gun. the divine punishment won't work.

someone help me out on this.

Lamalas
Mar 19, 2001, 05:01 PM
I don't know for sure...so don't take me on my word...but I'm thinking, maybe it is based on time played. For instance...

On Normal Difficulty:
Forest....0:00 played
Caves....2:00 played
Mines....4:00 played
Ruins....8:00 played

And you need to have that time played in order to use it. The above numbers are purely fictional, but I think I've gotten the basic idea across. So maybe to use the special in Ruins on VHard...you have to have like 300 hours played time or something...

Rei
Mar 19, 2001, 05:26 PM
A guy with a PSX controller(Divine Punishment) told me that its special attack is based of "Beat" system from Swatch.
When the first hundredth digit is even(ie. 2xx, 4xx) The special attack attack like crazy...

Lamalas
Mar 19, 2001, 05:42 PM
Or it could be that too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif I forgot totally about the whole "beat" thing...in my opinion, they're totally useless...

Blaze
Mar 19, 2001, 08:19 PM
The heaven punisher is awesome when it works, it only works when the first digit in the beats is even. For example when the beats are 0xx, 2xx, 4xx, 6xx, 8xx. 1 beat is equal to 1.44 minutes and there are 1000 beats in 24 hours. It is definatley the best gun in the game! It is still powerfull even "divine punishment" isn't working.