PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Controller to PC USB adapter

satoshi1
Jul 21, 2003, 02:33 PM
I was looking for a way to use a controller on my PC (N64 or GC), and I found this one at lik-sang.com:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=0&products_id=2143

I was wondering, has anyone ordered this? Is it worth it? I also read, on the site, that the wavebird and ALL 3rd party controllers do not work with it, only the official wired controllers. Why!? How is the wavebird any different than the regular controller? The gamecube can see all of the controllers, the adapter should too...

I'm reluctant about getting it when I can't use my Wavebird. 3 out of 4 of my wired controllers have issues with the control stick. They all started going bad (when you plug it in, it keeps going up, or to the right), my friend's have started doing this too. There must have been something wrong with the first batch of controllers that they shipped out...

Is it worth the $18.90 to get this adapter, even when it doesn't work with my wavebird/3rd party controllers and when my standard official ones are screwy? I planned on using it for various computer games and emulation... But I could always go with the (more expensive) N64 one (www.adaptoid.com), I like that controller better for FPS's anyway...

EDIT: You know what I find REALLY weird??? This can be used in conjunction with a PSX/PS2 to GC adapter! Why!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-21 12:34 ]</font>