PDA

View Full Version : Fomar Help

PsoFanatic90
Jul 21, 2003, 06:27 PM
what the f**k is up with FoMars how could anyone play as a Fomar without trouble they have no Def or Mst.
Oh my lord.but they look so appealing because of their looks. help me decide a decent equipment setup.

joncushing
Jul 21, 2003, 06:38 PM
what level is your fomar and what is his stats?

Kenshin008
Jul 21, 2003, 06:40 PM
Umm fist off what are you smoking?

Second FOmars have alot of MST I don't know what you are talking about. They are forces. Also people pick them because they are good forces and good Meleers.

I tryed a FOmar and indeed they are hard to raise. But they are good for online play bad for offline! Remember that always.

Also if you want a good ofline and online force go for one of the newmans, I choose FOnewearl Because they are good with magic that is it they are just good. The Fonewm is also good but I did like him nearly as much as I liked my FOnewearl.

As for equipment settings I don't know much but that on your mag you want pow and mst up all the way possibly 100 100 even though that is impossible because you start out with 5 def on your mag but you should know what I mean anyway.

Also ditch the FOmar and get a Newman!!!!

joncushing
Jul 21, 2003, 06:44 PM
HOW CAN U SAY THAT!!! he shouldnt ditch the FOmar!!! FOmars are great! they are the fastest casters! and good at hand to hand combat aswell better than poo newmans

Artemidorus
Jul 21, 2003, 06:55 PM
Well, the FOmar doesn't pay off until about level 65-80...but the instant you get the high level techs and some good weapon like a Double Saber, you are totally set. I know its hard at first, but my friend dealt with it and now levels up faster than I do! I just recently made a Fomar also! It is really crappy that one hit from the GoBooma killed me @ level 1, but oh well. get some high level equipment or mags from another one of your characters...

Blenjar
Jul 21, 2003, 08:10 PM
I'm a FOmar, I can take falz by my self. Lv 156. I carry L&K Combat with a power mag.

Kanore
Jul 21, 2003, 08:12 PM
I carry Charge Vulcans, waaay better than the common 55 and 65 hit L&K Mechs.

Shimarisu
Jul 21, 2003, 10:49 PM
I'm looking for a charge vulcan.

I can't find one. >_<

Where and on what ID did you find it? I find no Vulcans on Pinkal (least not as I can recall) but my Whitill HUne finds them on Ult Forest. Not found a Charge one to date though, they are getting as annoying to locate as 1975 Agito.

- Shimarisu

Kenshin008
Jul 22, 2003, 08:12 AM
Check the items finding on the site they tell you everything.

Alos I think that the Newmans are the best, they are the most powerful casters. Once you get high level spells it is ultimate power from then on.

I have a level 20 FOnewearl and she has high level spells and I kill every monster in almost one hit in the ruins.

Storme
Jul 22, 2003, 10:15 AM
lol.. I twiked mine up with a bunch of Mind Mats I hoarded (Around 120 on a mule.) And gave it a 150 PWR mag to add to the melee part.
Add to that MST boosting Slots (4x Angel/Mind++) and an Elysion and I made a FOmar that at level 15 was doing 700 with Foie to the Boomas in forest.

happyalloy
Jul 22, 2003, 10:24 AM
I just started a FOmar, and I am having a lot of fun with his fighting style. Right now he has on a 195 pow mag and 4 god minds, using a Rainbow Baton, Soul Banish, and s-rank twin. When he goes online he will add a resta merge to boost his support abilities, making him a good fighter and a good support FO. Of course, my FOmar has been twinked. Levelling one legitly would have to be challenging. I think in the guides somewhere it says that FOmars are hard because of their balance of stats, but I think he will be worth it in the end, being able to use weps to do damage, saving the TP for support techs.

BTW, I also LOVE my FOnewearl; she is incredibly strong in magic, too bad she could never use an s-rank twin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Stegy
Jul 22, 2003, 11:25 AM
I just made a FOmar with a POW MAG and I LOVE HIM. He is TOO cool. He's only level 7 right now, but he's still awesome. I kill nearly everything in two hits with Foie, and whatever doesn't die gets Saber'd ;x

Currently I'm only offline, but once I get online I'll be able to show him off =D

Asia_Skyly
Jul 22, 2003, 01:17 PM
Repeat after me: Jellen and Zalure are my friends. I shall use Shifta and Deband to my hearts content.

Now if you follow that mantra you should be fine. Prior to Ultimate you can just roam around casting J/Z and S/D followed by your favorite GI technique. This combination, again prior to Ultimate, will allow you to melee most stuff to death while still using your techs.

Once you get to ultimate is tech time. Ditch the melee attacks in favor for your techs. Gifoie goes accross rooms. You can clean a room BEFORE you even enter it.

It never cease to amaze my how amazingly powerful the S/D,J/Z combination actually is. Even more so online. Learn this mantra it will get you far.

Fomar, level 158.

Kenshin008
Jul 22, 2003, 01:50 PM
I found it quite hard to level up a FOmar. But that is probably what the SONIC team had in mind. If you work hard in the beggining then you will be rewarded later in the game. PHFFFF forget that I went for the FOnewearl, all out powerful spells from the beginning!!

Also I have level 65 HUmar and for some reason just found Gobooma right arms. YAY

Freak74
Jul 22, 2003, 05:24 PM
I have a Fomar at lvl 123. Let me tell you, if you want to melee in Ult you're gonna need a weapon with very high hit. Fomar max ata is 163. So, in other words, if you are lucky enough to have a good solid weapon for melee with hit you're set. If you're one of the unlucky ones, like myself, you'll should be casting magic.
Great weapon to use are the fist type weapons, it's just like barehand casting. NICE AND FAST!!!

Tesar
Jul 22, 2003, 07:56 PM
I'm relatively new to the PSO World, so my opinion may not matter much. I have a Fomar, and I'm only level 12, but to me, as long as you can raise your MAG's Mind level over time and if you can aquire the right weapons and techs, they aren't that bad. At least they're better than Fomarls. I was dumb enough to make one.....

-RickRenziku-
Jul 22, 2003, 09:37 PM
I've had my FOmar since ep 1 & 2 came out.

I leveled to level 78 offline until I was able to locate a Adapter.

FOmars at low levels should use Tech's and Guns,Then should start Meleeing if they have a good weapon,ATP and ATA.
WithShifta/Deband my FOmar has like...1035 DFP and 1800+ ATP,When I jellen most of the enemies in certain levels they cannot hit me at all in ult and I can easily kill them off with Angry fist.Level 122 and can Already fight in Ruins.

A Good mag combination for a FOmar is a mag with 60 POW,DEX and MIND each,(you decide what gets the leftover points) and Def 20.My mag has those stats and it really helps.

Shimarisu
Jul 23, 2003, 06:23 AM
Once you get to ultimate is tech time. Ditch the melee attacks in favor for your techs.

Uh, why? That's kind of missing the point of a FOmar. Use a POW/DEX mag and a weap with ATA on it (red saber, yay). S/D/J/Z then Gifoie or Rabarta, god/mind units are your friend - then whack the remaining stuff. I'm level 116, my ATA is 200+ and this works right through Ep 1 and ep 2 up to Ult Spaceship, online. Not got any furthur than that yet in Ep 2.

Oh, and techs are crud in Ep 2. So you NEED those weapons.

- Shimarisu

Obscenity
Jul 23, 2003, 06:37 AM
On 2003-07-23 04:23, Shimarisu wrote:

Once you get to ultimate is tech time. Ditch the melee attacks in favor for your techs.

Uh, why? That's kind of missing the point of a FOmar.

Not for me. I wanted a Force so I could use techniques, and I picked the FOmar because of how he looked. I could care less about stats and such.