PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't everyone get this?

Brett
Jul 21, 2003, 09:18 PM
Ok, not trying to bash legits but I'd like to point something out. Does everyone notice that it's legits that normally start these flame wars? I'd just like to tell everyone (or at least the legits that do these things, it's not like all of them do as I have mentioned in MANY of my other posts in this section) that dupers (or the majority) of dupers don't legit bash. we play the game, we let you do what you wanna do and we do what we wanna do. we don't care how u play the game. Legits (and please don't flame me on this people, any time I say the word legits I mean the few that start these fights) are the ones that cheater bash. they say they suck at playing, they say we suck our mothers. ok, first off only a moron would SERIOUSLY think we suck our mothers. and u can't say a whole group sucks at playing. pso doesn't require much skill really. But I'd just like to say to the legits (the few that start these wars) that if you don't start the wars then you won't be attacked back by dupers. we only insult you when u insult us first. so if you stop making Why are dupers and hackers so stupid?!!??(and also most hackers are pretty smart) posts then we'll stop attacking u back in those topics cause we don't make them. so if there are none made by u and none made by us, then guess what? there won't be any insult fights. or at least not as many.

HayatoShi
Jul 21, 2003, 09:19 PM
yea... i think so

Rljohn
Jul 23, 2003, 10:40 AM
Well Said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif DUPERS FOREVER!

Brett
Jul 23, 2003, 10:49 AM
On 2003-07-23 08:40, Rljohn wrote:
Well Said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif DUPERS FOREVER!

lol, thx, and I'm a duper so I somewhat agree with the 2nd thing but just to make the legits happy too maybe we shouldn't be shouting Dupers forever! lol

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 10:53 AM
Personaly I'm the guy who say "live and let live" Although significaltly less then back in the DC days there are still people on both sides who won't let you live it down if you are "the enemy,"

Brett
Jul 23, 2003, 10:56 AM
yeah, sux doesn't it? this whole legit vs. cheaters thing keeps continuing because of the morons on BOTH side that legit bash and cheater bash. if it wasn't for them all this arguing wouldn't exist. isn't that kinda funny? the ones devoted so much to their side that they insult the other side, they're the ones keeping it going...how very ironic.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 11:06 AM
Well they are the only ones who CAN keep it going. And even then its mostly thorugh insults such as "no skill" or "no honor" But I'll tell you this game doesn't take much skill, in the DC days one of my harem could litteraly go through an entire level with me just pressing the attack buttons and do it without healing. As for the no honor insult, the word "knight" in my name is there for a reason. I may cheat and give myself weapons (well I did in the DC days, no real fun codes now with the crapy GS rename) but I'll never use Nol, or CK, or whathave you. The worst you'll ever get from me is a bop on the head with one of my weapons. Its usually in retaliation for trying to trick or insult me.

I belive in leaving others alone, and thats how it will stay till someone makes it otherwise. The weapons I'd make for my self are for my own amusment nothing more.

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 11:16 AM
You're over generalizing. But, don't you see WHY a legit would be upset? A legit wants a 'pure' pso environment where every rare item really is rare. And they want to be able to trade freely with anyone that has an item they want. So the dupers don't lose out at all because they get what they want: easily obtainable rares. While the legit has to ignore it & try to find other like-minded players. I am legit but I don't boast about it or whine that dupers ruined the game. Whining legits are annoying as hell.
Just think about it that way.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 12:19 PM
gallaugher- I'm doing my best to not over generalize, but while I can see a need for a pure environment, I can't see the whole trading aspect going anywhere. Some of the weapons (most of which are good) are nearly impossible to either find or make. After putting so much effert into finding/making it I can't see someone trading it away for anything, not even for another uber rare. When the game first came out most people wanted the good stuff and they wouldn't trade anything they considered good unless they got said uber rare.

The fact is even if duping wasn't a problem no one would be trading anyway, since the weapons would be even harder to come by and no one would give up a dark flow no matter how useless it may be. Any trading done would be amoung the lower level teir of normal and low class rares. perhaps I shoul say only the items easily replaced would be ever up for trade. Those are few and far between.

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 12:31 PM
I beg to differ on the trading aspect. People tend to like certain types of weapons and armors. Some weapons & armors can only be used by certain characters. So if you don't have an android & you find a D Parts armor it's likely you'll be willing to trade it if you don't like androids. I'm not a big FO guy so I would willingly trade any FO weapons I find. I'm also not a fan of the Dual Swords so I'd be willing to trade that type as well as Photon Launchers. I've got a Sange that I don't use because I'm not a big fan of those weapon types either. The overall value of all rares increases because they're that much harder to find. And if you find an uber weapon & hoard it to yourself that's kinda what this game is all about. Uber rares are uber rares. You're gonna have to give up something really good in order to get something really good. We can agree to disagree, I have no problem with that. I just don't think the trading potential should be undervalued.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 12:46 PM
I'm just telling you what I know from my offline experiances with my friends. None of them will give up anything rare unless they get a rare they want in return. I've had a RAcast find a sting tip in one of our runs, such a weapon would help my force who was travling with them. However when the whole ordeal was over I found I didn't have anything on any of my characters that my friend wanted, so he sold the thing off and went on his marry way.

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 01:04 PM
Well I'm sorry that your friends are dickheads but they are. I can't imagine what good could have come from the 10 meseta the RAcast got from selling that Sting Tip. What's even worse is that it is a RL friend. Sorry man.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 01:07 PM
They're great friends to have in RL, stand beside you and even help you. But get them into a game and all thats out the window.

ChokingVictim
Jul 23, 2003, 06:19 PM
methinks if the hardline legits really believe in honor they would refrain from whining... of course by no means do i mean all hardline legits are whiners...

Shazbot
Jul 23, 2003, 09:01 PM
"...we do what we wanna do. we don't care how u play the game."

The duping philosophy in its purest form. I doubt you even noticed that you said it...probably felt so natural.

Micah
Jul 23, 2003, 09:25 PM
sad...