PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys... new here.... I need help going on... [GameCube]

Nazo
Jul 22, 2003, 08:51 AM
OK, here's how the adventure's gone so far. I have a modem adapter on my Japanese GC. I don't have a 56k provider for this internet (use DSL), so I tried using isao.net to get the internet access AND hunter's license 'package'. I have 6 years of Japanese experience, although I am a Korean and go to an international school, and managed to get along until...

1) Under the choices "tone/pulse" there is "something something number" that is not required... what is it?

2) Trying with both tone and pulse, I can't successfully reach the free-dial, even though the connection seems to be fine (phone cable, one side GC, the other on the wall). Do I have to be in Japan or something? What's wrong? Why won't it connect?

I'd be grateful to be out of this offline cell and get into the world soon.... will appreciate help...

-Nazo

Rich_T
Jul 22, 2003, 12:54 PM
Tone/pulse dial - when you pick the phone up and dial a number do you get tones on each button press, or do you get clicks?
if your phone makes tone noises tick tone, if you get clicks select pulse.
the something something number is probably for an external line, you dont need this unless you have a telephone exchange in your house ( extremly unlikly)