PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Euro Server downtime

GJ
Jul 22, 2003, 02:36 PM
Server will be down 23/07/23 09:30 til 11:30 PST

Patching perhaps?

Denny
Jul 22, 2003, 04:05 PM
I hope they do SOMETHING for you guys. Maybe they should add the Endless Nightmare to your servers while they're at it.

Anyone know when the US downtime is scheduled?

AndyPandy
Jul 22, 2003, 05:27 PM
make or break time I guess. More quests, noob shop dupe trick patched and a extra character download.

Toruxxx
Jul 22, 2003, 10:15 PM
if the server goes down is it most likely gonna be new stuff? patch and all that crap lol or just checking shit? hopefully new stuff and shit lol

Samm
Jul 22, 2003, 10:27 PM
Not sure i'd want too much shit on the servers to be honest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But yeah, it seems like too much of a coincidence that this server maintenance is taking place exactly 2 months (to the day) since the game was released in the uk so i'd say its updates. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Toruxxx
Jul 22, 2003, 10:33 PM
lol u know what i meant lol yeah it would be gr8 might not goto sleep now so i can see what they are doing lol coz if i goto sleep wont get up till about 4 in the afternoon! so i dunno

Coxy
Jul 22, 2003, 11:00 PM
fingers crossed for us Brits

rena-ko
Jul 23, 2003, 03:18 AM
EU-version is not just the island you know... ^_~

Samm
Jul 23, 2003, 06:41 AM
Hehe, bear in mind that the 9:30-11:30 time is PST, which means (if i'm right about the time difference) it'll be 5:30-7:30pm GMT. So not til this evening. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

G4_Hedgehog
Jul 23, 2003, 08:36 AM
Now if you guys get new stuff that we don't, I will fly to Washington state myself and form a picket line in front of M$ HQ. This sucks.

steveo
Jul 23, 2003, 09:19 AM
if the patching does happen do i lose my hacked weapons i think the sange+yasha i have is hacked but the thing im pissed about is that i traded for them with ligit weapons witch means that i will lose out big time dude
and the patching that stops dupers i dont care i didnt know how to dupe anyway
and also one last thing those hackers wioll find away it is impossible for sega to make the game hack proof they have had a good try though

if anybody here is on the EU SERVERS and wants to get rid of thier weapons we should organise a mass leaving weapons in games and abandoning them ceromony it would be very fun
what do you guys say anybody up for it tonight?

stevie

my pso character is called steve o
or crimson spade or
golden bucket

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 11:05 AM
bet its for updates

Coxy
Jul 23, 2003, 11:15 AM
On 2003-07-23 01:18, rena-ko wrote:
EU-version is not just the island you know... ^_~

it was 5 am when i wrote it so cut me a bit of slack, replace brits with europeans then, lol

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AndyPandy
Jul 23, 2003, 11:18 AM
Hope we get Gallons shop update, then no one can moan about legit weapons anymore.

Coxy
Jul 23, 2003, 11:44 AM
what you mean your tired of the button bashing game thats already in the shop?? lol

Coxy
Jul 23, 2003, 12:24 PM
i guess thats 9:30 PST? considering its now 6:25 here in the uk and the servers are down now

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 12:34 PM
they have problems with the EU servers a lot dont they. They are down more than the others.

Samm
Jul 23, 2003, 02:25 PM
They're back up but all they've added is the photon drop exchange. No new quests, challenge areas or battle modes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

steveo
Jul 23, 2003, 02:49 PM
yeah well that patch wasnt realy a patch there is a man in the shops quest that you can trade with though but the rest is the same apparently you can still dupe and stuff
so when will the other quests be out??
and when do all the hacked weapons go??
im confused
??
does anybody know when the patch is coming out??

DarK-SuN
Jul 23, 2003, 03:04 PM
They need to make US and EU joined...

I'm actually a bit annoyed at how EU PSOX is getting the shaft in updates, what gives with that?

Denny
Jul 23, 2003, 04:29 PM
On 2003-07-23 13:04, DarK-SuN wrote:
They need to make US and EU joined...

I don't think they would link the US servers with the EU servers if duping was still a big problem. Are you sure you guys didn't get one of those messages that said something about 'a mandatory update' or something along those lines? If not, that's sad. It makes no sense to hold off on releasing that patch for the EU users.

Sonic Team's Minhiro site mentions that "The Xbox version has just begun! A number of new Quests will appear in the future, too, so look forward to ones!"

DarK-SuN
Jul 23, 2003, 04:32 PM
No mandatory updates, the only update we got was the fix for Gallon's Shop.

Duping is not a big issue anymore, not in US with the patch.
They should release the patch in EU and make the servers joined.

It's all a bit ridiculous the way it is in my opinion since PSO was all about "world wide community", not "regions only community".

G4_Hedgehog
Jul 23, 2003, 04:45 PM
Wow. Know what? That sucks. That really, truly sucks.

Denny
Jul 23, 2003, 04:47 PM
If I sent a game invitation to a person on the EU servers, I wonder if that person would be able to respond and transport to the US lobby....

Samm
Jul 23, 2003, 06:08 PM
It really does suck, no proper updates, just a fix for a quest that should have been working from the start and no dupe patch. Its so unfair and it makes no sense.
And about inviting someone from a different region, it doesn't work either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AndyPandy
Jul 23, 2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah thats a kick in the teeth for everyone in Europe. I mean...wtf isnt the shop dupe thing patched...makes no sense.

vanhalendlrband
Jul 23, 2003, 06:48 PM
They really need to get there shit together. I'm still pissed that everything available on DC is not available on XBOX. Just fuckin' port that shit already. I don't want to have to wait a month for a bunch of updates i've already played. And i'm sorry for EU servers they got it even worse than we do.

DarK-SuN
Jul 23, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-07-23 14:47, Denny wrote:
If I sent a game invitation to a person on the EU servers, I wonder if that person would be able to respond and transport to the US lobby....

I tried it with some friends of mine who I knew had the US version.
I invited them, they invited me, both sides accepted both attempts... but once we accept, there's no search because it attempts to search in a server which is blocked for the respective reagions.

Basically, PSOX works like all the others; each reagion has a login server, then this login server gives the lists of servers you can connect to.
To join the regions they would need to tell the EU login server that it can connect to the US servers and vice-versa; until this happens, there's no way (without hacking anyway) to make EU go to US and vice-versa.

All of this (lack of updates, lack of patches, lack of synchronization between regions, etc) is unacceptable; like I said, it doesn't make a community, it splits it up...
GC's regions are all connected, making PSOX's regions also connected would be the right way to go about it.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 07:51 PM
,And that is why Region Block was the stupidest move to ever make!