PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Subscription

Android_15
Jul 22, 2003, 05:08 PM
Ya just wondering if anyone has subscribed to Nintendo Power or will seeing is how I just did.

JGaff
Jul 22, 2003, 05:25 PM
I Get EGM, my twin brother gets Nintendo Power. EGM is balanced and witty and becuase we own a GC, we get Nintendo Power to deliver the latest scoop on all the games, and we get guides and handy offers. Can't get that with EGM (Nintendo Power has 0 curses in it... That's why I like the magazine)

~JGaff~

Allos
Jul 22, 2003, 06:18 PM
I get EGM and NP but when my NP subsription runs out I'm not renewing. They are way too kid oriented. They never curse, they're jokes are dumb, they're actually excited about the GC game in which you watch Pikachu watch tv (yes, you heard me right), and they rarely ever say anything bad about a game.

Artemidorus
Jul 22, 2003, 07:02 PM
NP is quite helpful to me. I don't have a PS2 magazine of any kind, and NP really helps me keep track of the gaming world, especially when I get too far from my nerdy roots~whoot whoo! ^o^
yay

Android_15
Jul 22, 2003, 09:50 PM
Ya i've always gotten lots of gamer magazines such as

-Nintendo Power
-GamePro
-Electroic Gameing Monthly

I love em all but I would have to say I like NP best of all I don't think one game magazine has been that sucsessful and popular in making a magazine about one console and you get special features online, with your subscritions, free (CD,headphones, or Players guide) and e-mails about ton of different intresting things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Android_15
Jul 22, 2003, 09:54 PM
P.S Nintendo keep up the good work..the first console I ever owned and first time I ever played a (VIDE0 GAME) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif in my eyes and the best video game system and games ever made come from Nintendo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

WarSong
Jul 22, 2003, 09:58 PM
I did at one point but I let it expire (aka no one renewed it for me for my bday or xmas)
I had little interest in it as it was.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 23, 2003, 12:24 AM
I get EGM and NP.

NP is kinda ew...Too kind,Horrible Jokes..But the fact that its good about giving info on future GC games..The reveiws are just...how can I say this...SH*T.I like how you get stuff when you Renew though.NP sometimes gives you Pokemon cards,The latest NP gave me 2 special limited edition pokemon cards..but..I could really not care.Pokemon is quite dead in America.

EGM remains my favourite Sailor mouthed Magazine for VG's.

Nerd
Jul 23, 2003, 12:34 AM
I still have my very first issue of nintendo power, it had a claymation cover of Super Mario 2.

Also have one with Megaman 3 on the cover. That was many fond memories ago.....

Atax
Jul 23, 2003, 12:18 PM
Wish I could get NP. Every damn site I go to that sells it, won't ship it outside the US. :

Nidarrock
Jul 24, 2003, 09:13 AM
I gave up on NP a long time ago. The main reason I had subscribed to it long ago was for the free game(Dragon Warrier). Since then I stick with mags that cover all consoles.

FinalMasterM
Jul 24, 2003, 09:25 AM
I use to buy old NP issues from a 2nd hand store. But since the net has come around, I've not really bought any mags unless to read on a trip or because it covered a game/event I was interested in (mainly MegaMan related issues).

Mr_Hero
Jul 24, 2003, 09:49 AM
I've been subscribing to NP for like 5 years now. I'm not sure how much longer i have left on the subscription. I keep buying those game bundles with subscriptions included.

rena-ko
Jul 24, 2003, 11:21 AM
hm, i'm ok with online magazines... at least they also cover famitsu-reviews now and then (imho the only magazine that counts).

then... i guess us-nintendo power is compareable with germans 'club nintendo'. it was a nice magazine to begin with but soon i realized it was just a big advertisement. never a bad word - not even about the biggest crap.

the only printed magazine i read on a regular basis is germans only left over multiformat-magazine (MAN!AC)... at least they know what they're writing at, although they were the worst of the three existing 3 years ago... sad sad...

yadda yadda, never mind