PDA

View Full Version : what forces hate most!?

HighCvSRank
Jul 22, 2003, 05:20 PM
vote on what people who play forces hate most! Ask me nicely and i will do it...demand and i will screw you over...lol

Zarana
Jul 22, 2003, 05:30 PM
What I hate most? Beginner Forces who don't Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure and drag our class's good name through the dirt.

Why isn't that a choice?

HighCvSRank
Jul 22, 2003, 05:36 PM
i second that! if people just ask nicely for S&D i give it but if they demand and are rude...i make sure im in another room to give myself it lol...i love pso drama!

Obscenity
Jul 22, 2003, 05:38 PM
On 2003-07-22 15:30, Zarana wrote:
What I hate most? Beginner Forces who don't Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure and drag our class's good name through the dirt.

Why isn't that a choice?

Playing offline only and never having used anything but androids before, I learned to get by without S/D/J/Z. Now that I've made a Force, I rarely cast them. Not because I'm being stingy with TP or anything, but just because I never think to.

Zarana
Jul 22, 2003, 06:04 PM
Well, if you're online and in teams, you should cast them lest ye appear a novice. Jellen and Zalure, while I cast them all the time, aren't always 100%necessary. So the learning curve isn't too steep, you have a decent grace period for getting used to Jellen and Zalure.

However, casting Shifta and Deband takes two seconds. No Force has any excuse for not casting these spells. If your team has gone without Shifta and Deband long enough that they need to yell at you, it's you who isn't doing your job, not them. Shifta and Deband should be a reflex for any self-respecting Force. Since they take three seconds to cast and five minutes to wear off, you're either incredibly selfish or just plain unskilled for not casting them.

Of course, there are always exceptions. Such as when someone yells for Shifta and Deband before you even have a chance to cast them, or is running around with a 100% J-Sword or something pretending they deserve support. But if you're not doing your job and someone politely points it out, you haven't an excuse.

As a general tip: If you're L:150 and still haven't learned how to give 100% support and still play the way you want to at the same time, then maybe a Force wasn't the right character for you.

Anyway, I would really like it if you added the option of "Other" on this poll. That way I can vote against Forces who think only of themselves and make our entire class look bad. As my own Force, I dislike even hearing about people like this representing our class. They make us sound like a bunch of stuck-up beginners who can't chew gum and walk (support and attack) at the same time. And as my non-Force characters, I just plain don't want people like that in my team. They don't contribute at all.

Thank you.

Kalier
Jul 22, 2003, 06:30 PM
I play HUnewearl myself mostly(though i have a force in the works of raising), and i've had to play the effective force on many occasions. It's annoying how many people demand your help when you're busy, and then when you're in trouble don't even bother to come give you some aid.

Uncle_bob
Jul 22, 2003, 06:32 PM
I voted for "Humars that demand s/d". Even though I hate Humars and stuff, I have to admit that Humars aren't the only ones that demand s/d the second they join. Blah, I'm level 175, I know how to s/d my team. I'll s/d you, don't demand it the second you join, it's annoying.(unless you're using a 100% wep, using a BKB, or are using a Humar in my team even though the team name says NO HUMAR)

Yea...

Yosho
Jul 22, 2003, 09:04 PM
Greedy hunters/Rangers with tons of Duped Super Items demanding Shifta/Deband.

-RickRenziku-
Jul 22, 2003, 09:20 PM
Just because someones a Force doesn't mean their a S/D slave.Its your character and you control it's actions,You don't pay 8 bucks a month so a damn person can get a ATP and DFP boost.

Give someone a S/D even if they demand it like a jerk?That teaches them to keep on doing it.The action of one FO will not affect what players think of All FO's.Part of online gaming,playing WITH Good AND bad people.

Umm...k.

HighCvSRank
Jul 22, 2003, 09:57 PM
right on...i totally agree with you! very nicely put!

Doomed2k
Jul 22, 2003, 10:28 PM
Personally playing as a hunter ranger and a force i havent had any of the above problems since i learned form each class. When as a hunter i always carry extra items for my team, who knows when your best friend will run out of scape dolls? As a ranger i back the weaker players up. I don't do much damage but it stops the enemies from attacking for a second and gives the hunters and forces a chance to attack freely. As a force I make it my pleasure to shifta and deband everyone so they dont demand it. I also dont insta kill everything with a cheap level 30 spell that was duped over a hundred times. If you want to kill everything then go play solo!

JDHayes
Jul 22, 2003, 11:03 PM
I swear my force is level 6 and people are demanding shifta and deband, I dont even have it, its alright when people ask nicely, but when they demand I say "Bite me butt nugget"

withintheligh
Jul 23, 2003, 01:12 AM
i put the revived one only because the force in question hates it most when dark bringers sap half a thousand TP from them and then use it to kill everyone else in the party who then demand to be revived while the force is forced to risk everything while evading a room full of enemies to reach his fallen allies

Tekershee
Jul 23, 2003, 02:42 AM
Well I hate it when they ask for SD.

Okay, when I play my Fo in Ult, I always S/D/J/Z and I don't mind doing it.

But i really hate it when the moment S/D runs out, they ask for it straight away. Its like they stare at their status and the moment it goes away, they use their shortcut to ask for it.

Hello! I do notice its gone, gimme time ffs.

rena-ko
Jul 23, 2003, 03:13 AM
hm,

when i play android, i just have to wait until my 3 pb/create get me a photon blast. so i dont really need shifta and deband.

also i noticed that i'm one of the few forces that care for constant s/d and j/z/r/a immediately when needed. even as a hunewearl. c-mode taught me this, i guess. so i never hear s/d-requests or even demands...

Jack
Jul 23, 2003, 03:26 AM
I dislike level 80 players that come into the Mines or Ruins, and proceed to get smacked dead in one hit once they have Shifta and Deband casted, wasting TP.