PDA

View Full Version : for anyone NOT in the food service industry ...

brillyfresh
Jul 22, 2003, 05:37 PM
... but appreciated most by anyone who IS in the food service industry (servers, bussers, and the like), then you really should check out these sites:

http://www.stainedapron.com
http://www.dinersoft.com/trenches.htm

(i'm not exactly site-advertising, i just thought that these sites were worth mentioning in the Rants forum, being full of rants)

being a server, i really wish that the "common" people should take a seminar, learning first-hand what servers really deal with at restaurants, before they are even allowed to eat out

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LEAVE A GOOD TIP, THEN YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO EAT OUT!

and yes, this site has both sides of the coin, however biased it may be

and i would like to add that i think doing something to someone's food is absolutely wrong, and that karma will get you in the end

so check these out, and take a tip from them, so you really know what it means to leave one

Artemidorus
Jul 23, 2003, 03:26 PM
On 2003-07-22 15:37, brillyfresh wrote:
[...]

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LEAVE A GOOD TIP, THEN YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO EAT OUT!

then make sure you give good service. end of story. I could order half the menu, but if your are curt, don't refill my drink, and aren't friendly in attitude, you will NOT get a tip.

A tip is like a bonus point on a quiz~you have to EARN it!

[edit: adding this part] just because you've had a bad day or someones order of crab is now happily resting on your feet doesn't mean that you should take it out on showing your anger to the customers.

not sayin' you do, but thats how i figure~so suck it up and you'll earn a tip. And believe me, when I tip, I TIP. normally I'd say from a 17 dollar meal of cheese fries, drinks, and dessert (at Cheddars! yay!) $5-6 is a VERY generous tip. but you gotta earn it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artemidorus on 2003-07-23 13:29 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Jul 28, 2003, 03:40 AM
of course you have to earn it, that's what that job is all about

i'm referring to cheap stiffs who never intend to leave a tip in the first place, regardless of the service, simply because they didn't bring enough cash ... they don't really understand that people don't serve for the joy of it, they almost never set the price for food items, and they can't control anything about their customer's experience outside of the quality and service of their food ... even if a server is brief with me, as long as i have enough to eat and drink, i'm satisfied