PDA

View Full Version : ego fluff

WarSong
Jul 22, 2003, 09:47 PM
I'm surprised at the amount of pso characters walking around with either perfect bodies, or grotequely voluptuous/muscular bodies. Myself and Dol both use characters that attempt to look something like their user, in dol's case, she doesn't have red hair, and in mine, well I don't look like a borg reject. WarSong is pudgy, as am I, and En 13 Dol is short and petite as is Dol irl. I've hed three people pick on WarSong's heft, and i've witnessed a handfull melee Dol for being so "diminuitive". Is there anyone who agrees that this is odd? Perhaps I'm the odd one for being realistic.. maybe everyone wants nothing to do with reality, so when they face WarSong or Dol and their human proportions, they get insecure. Niether Dol nor myself require our characters to compensate for us, I hope most of you agree.

Where do you put yourself?

Nai_Calus
Jul 22, 2003, 10:11 PM
Most of the time my characters are the default proportion, just taller or shorter as needed. Although I do mess with my FOmars, since I prefer their robes to be about ankle-length as opposed to closer to floor-length like the default. I just like skinny characters. I look at it more along the lines of 'Well, that looks kinda cool, I'll do it like that' than 'Does this look like me', especially since all three of my 'self-inserts' are male and you're just not going to get exact with a character of the opposite sex. Which is why I don't care that Ian-Kun X has green eyes, Iankun X has brown and Ian-chan X has sort of greyish eyes. Actually, he's probably closest to me, since my eyes are of the kind that are an indeterminate colour, I've had people swear they were every colour but purple and black. Including brown. Usually it's blue or green, though. Ian-chan actually has curly hair, though, so that makes him even closer. Granted, I don't have pointy ears like he does... ;-P
The rest of my characters are just designed to look cool. Well, except ELLY, she's designed to look like Elly. >_>; Zero's your average bishounen FOmar, Amateria's a tiny HUcaseal, Fluffy's what Ian-Kun X's Mag would look like as a human, and Helios is another average bishounen FOmar. *shrug*
It's not really ego, it's just more of a 'Will I be able to stand looking at this character's ass for several hundred hours' thing. I don't want to look at a hideous overweight RAmarl for ages. o_O;;; A nice good-looking HUmar? Sure. A cute FOnewm? Ok. Nice bishounen FOmars? Heck yeah. Fat ugly cow? No thanks. >_>;;;
So. ^^

WarSong
Jul 22, 2003, 10:24 PM
Honesty is a much valued thing in this world, you give it freely while others horde it, bravo.

Lucas2k4
Jul 22, 2003, 11:25 PM
.....What?

St_Botchua
Jul 23, 2003, 12:00 AM
i think people create characters that way because it is a video game and they dont have to look like us i mean dont you wanna look all musclar an lean well now you can

WarSong
Jul 23, 2003, 12:17 AM
no, but it seems it's just me.

ryomakuriyami
Jul 23, 2003, 01:14 AM
As her name would imply, RYOKO is based on the demoness from Tenchi Muyo...
As his name would imply, BLACK MAGE is based on the sarcastic will-worker of Final Fantasy One/8-Bit Theatre.