PDA

View Full Version : Legit Brainbusters

Shazbot
Jul 22, 2003, 11:15 PM
There is no answer key. Some of you may think the answers are obvious, other may not. Either way, something to think about.

Joe HUmar uses duped weapons and armors to do several Ruins runs faster and earlier than he could with regular weapons. Doing this he is able to find several nice Spread Needles which he gives to his other characters that do not use dupes. Are these characters "legit?"

Betty FOmarl loves critical hits so she duped 45 Luck Materials so that she could have 100 Luck. Now whenever she finds a Luck Material she gives it to Lucy RAmarl who immediately uses it. Is Betty's duping habit allowing Lucy to increase her Luck stat faster because Betty doesn't need them anymore?

Jonny RAcast just got to level 80. He started playing Ultimate Forest but found that it was very difficult. Then, Joe HUmar joined. He was also level 80. Jonny could tell that Joe clearly used dupes (Joe even admitted he had mad dupes) but when he fought alongside Joe HUmar, the enemies died a lot faster and Jonny was able to get much better experience as long as he tagged the enemies with his Shock Arms +3 and let Joe finish them off. Would you consider Jonny's reliance on Joe's use of dupes "legit?"

bordering
Jul 22, 2003, 11:29 PM
hey, albatross, fancy meeting you here. just... stop... worrying about it? that's what i would do. one thing i neglected to say back home is that any degree of legitness is respectable, even if it's not snowy white, hymen-intact pure.

Shazbot
Jul 22, 2003, 11:45 PM
"snowy white, hymen-intact pure"

*the sound of me barfing can be heard* GOO! bordering. Careful on my born-in-1989 ears. But, uh, I'm really just posing the question to see the interesting ways in which people rationalize their "legit-ness." We should play sometime though. I suspect you now have access to my AIM, you should drop me a line sometime.

bordering
Jul 23, 2003, 12:27 AM
"snowy white, hymen-intact pure"

*the sound of me barfing can be heard* GOO! bordering. Careful on my born-in-1989 ears. But, uh, I'm really just posing the question to see the interesting ways in which people rationalize their "legit-ness." We should play sometime though. I suspect you now have access to my AIM, you should drop me a line sometime.
::counts on fingers:: jeeze, now don't i feel like a dirty old lech? at least i have enough fingers to count that off ::phew::. my god, i never thought the day would come where i would be having civil conversations with those 8 years younger than i. and how's about that? we've BOTH been doing a lot of vomiting over the past few days.

and yes, we ought to play sometime. hell, i ought to play sometime. i am most eager to engage in some unadulterated violence whenever my husband manages to detach himself from KotOR and the good tv. if that happens, i'm so there. 'til then, it's offline SoB for me. in so many ways. heh.

...and the ways that people rationalize their legitness is an apt and most interesting study in human convolution, all the luck in the world to you on that front.

jt
Jul 23, 2003, 08:19 AM
hmmm wellt he first guy's other 2 chars arent legit becuase he used duped items to get them legit items, the third girl is legit because even though her friend betty give them to her, betty did not dupe them, and the last guy does wat i do all the time, use other people with duped items to gain levels hell im already level 131 without doing it and since those dupes are becoming so common why not just use up the dummies

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 09:34 AM
Try having civil conversations with people 16 years younger than you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Brett
Jul 23, 2003, 10:10 AM
On 2003-07-22 21:15, Shazbot wrote:
There is no answer key. Some of you may think the answers are obvious, other may not. Either way, something to think about.

Joe HUmar uses duped weapons and armors to do several Ruins runs faster and earlier than he could with regular weapons. Doing this he is able to find several nice Spread Needles which he gives to his other characters that do not use dupes. Are these characters "legit?"

Betty FOmarl loves critical hits so she duped 45 Luck Materials so that she could have 100 Luck. Now whenever she finds a Luck Material she gives it to Lucy RAmarl who immediately uses it. Is Betty's duping habit allowing Lucy to increase her Luck stat faster because Betty doesn't need them anymore?

Jonny RAcast just got to level 80. He started playing Ultimate Forest but found that it was very difficult. Then, Joe HUmar joined. He was also level 80. Jonny could tell that Joe clearly used dupes (Joe even admitted he had mad dupes) but when he fought alongside Joe HUmar, the enemies died a lot faster and Jonny was able to get much better experience as long as he tagged the enemies with his Shock Arms +3 and let Joe finish them off. Would you consider Jonny's reliance on Joe's use of dupes "legit?"

1. Yes, they're not using dupes, they're using legit items, even if the items were got with dupes they're still legit, so they're legit.
2. Yes, it is causing her luck stat to increase faster.
3. Yea, cause it's not like he's using em'.

And lastly who really cares? not to insult this at all but that's really heating up the war between legits and illegits(lol).

Dragon_Knight
Jul 23, 2003, 12:52 PM
Heh "snowy white, hymen-intact pure" I'll have to remeber that one.

Anyway the whole concept of legit and cheater reasoning is pretty much up to the individual. I've always considered myself a cheater even though many of the games (such as GTA: Vice City) haven't.

Reenee
Jul 23, 2003, 01:49 PM
On 2003-07-22 21:15, Shazbot wrote:

[quote]Joe HUmar uses duped weapons and armors to do several Ruins runs faster and earlier than he could with regular weapons. Doing this he is able to find several nice Spread Needles which he gives to his other characters that do not use dupes. Are these characters "legit?"

No. You have made it easier to get those items.

She found that material fair and square, and is not duping it to Lucy RAmarl.

He's hitting the enemies. No such thing as legitimate EXP. Us people who start from scratch have to deal with this constantly.

ChokingVictim
Jul 23, 2003, 05:03 PM
in this world of grey, ---> C) none of the above

Castoth
Jul 23, 2003, 05:47 PM
Unless you never play with anyone at all, then he is still legit in scenario c.

Brett
Jul 23, 2003, 05:48 PM
why does everyone think one is wrong and 2 is right? they're practically the same thing, he's using dupes to get legits easier, and she used duped mats to get her friend legit ones easier. it's the same cept instead of all the chars being the same persons they're 2 different peoples, which shouldn't make a difference.

Reenee
Jul 23, 2003, 06:11 PM
Of course the second one is okay. Who said there was an easier way to get materials, especially Luck Materials?

Dragon_Knight
Jul 24, 2003, 02:43 PM
Evade amterials may bea dime a dosen, but the rest are near impossible to find.