PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 06:59 AM
Ok, i just want to lay some ideas down here ok?

This may have been posted before on this board or others, but I wouldn't know, as all my posts except like 3 are in Mag,item and quest discussion.

Please post anything on your mind to do with this, and don't flame me for my oppinions. Thanks have a nice day!

EP IV

Fully customizable charcters
(more clothes, can design eyes, tatoos, scars etc.)
More character classes
(More variation, and less clones in lobbies)
More Weapons
(nuff said, the more the merrier)
More levels
(MOre exploring means more gameplay, and more fun)
Higher level maximum
(the ability to go to level 300, or higher)
In quests,use proper NPC soldiers
(not a black costumed HUmar with a gun)
Up to 5 members in a team
(more people, more co-operation, if you have more than 3 friends)
More techs for FO's
(imho, FO's are still outclassed slightly by HUmars and RAmarls)
New armour/shield stuff
(when you equip ANY armour or shield, you can see the change on your character)
New EXTREME rare items
(Gold or even silver boxes!)
Voice chat
(well, it would be nice....)
New mags
(well they made EPII rare mags, why not EPIV?)
New photon blasts
(Cool! Or even the ability to capture some enemies and use them as photon blasts?)

Remember these are my ideas, not rumors or what will happen. They, from what I hear are never gonna make PSO Ep VI, but still, you can't help but hope that ST does make it!

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 07:33 AM
Great ideas.
Heres what i think:
1)More level
2)It will come out for all systems and people can play online with people with another platforms.
3)More game options
4)Hack/Cheat proof servers
5)MORE WEAPONS
6)more detail into EVERyTHING

Thats all i can think of

RuneScapeMan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:40 AM
My imagination is poor.
But:

No double save!!!

GOOD Pb's, all these are totally worthless(except Mylla & Youlla in a PB combo).

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 08:47 AM
Here is one hell of a farfetched idea!

Maybe ST could stop hacking/duping by putting serial numbers on the items (as in electronic serial numbers) And whenever you have 2 of the EXACT same number, you get told off and will not be allowed online till you delete one of the duped items.

Bogus idea, but it could work. It will just be VERY complicated for ST to make it.

Kayosuke
Jul 23, 2003, 09:18 AM
Sounds great!!! I'd Buy it!!
http://www.homestarrunner.com

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 09:25 AM
Kayosuke
Why did you post a link to homestar.com?

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 09:29 AM
Another idea i came up with.When you use a weapon you dont stay in place.

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 10:45 AM
Hey, nice idea.

Could you imagine the picture, a cute little RAcaseal runs into a room, all mechguns blazing, then runs out the door on the opposite side in less than 7 seconds. Eerything in the room totally destroyed.

Hey, what about being able to equip 2 one handed weps at the same time. For instance, a sabre in your right hand and a handgun in your left. You could configure it so "a" would swing the sword and "b" cuold fire the gun.

Better still, how about a PSO GC controler, with more buttons on it!

Oooh ooh, what about mechguns that could fire at multiple targets at once? I can see some Matrix style multi aiming going on here!

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 10:53 AM
A new character:
http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelmintzer/images/sinowjuggerred.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: untitled on 2003-07-23 08:55 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Jul 23, 2003, 10:58 AM
wow..... you draw that?

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 10:59 AM
Nope i found that in Relam's post in fan art

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 11:00 AM
I know! I know!

How about level requirements for weapons?

Stop all those level 1s ripping it up on normal

AndyPandy
Jul 23, 2003, 11:01 AM
It would be cool if some robots had the ability to transform depending on what attack they want to use or what level they are in.

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 11:05 AM
On 2003-07-23 09:01, AndyPandy wrote:
It would be cool if some robots had the ability to transform depending on what attack they want to use or what level they are in.

That will turn the game into tranformers but good idea.i was thinking about robots have a backup energy so if the robot is destoryed the backup will revive it,but it can only can be used once until you go to the medical center.And you must reach level 50 to get that backup

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 11:08 AM
Jesus ! theres nothing I want to add or take away its a totaly perfect Idea, you make it sound so good and wantable to bad your not a spy from sonic team trying to get some ideas.

But the new ideas I like the most are the

More techs for FO's
& 5 team members

& voice chat.

Those are good ideas but your whole set up was great all in one any way.

untitled
Jul 23, 2003, 11:14 AM
On 2003-07-23 09:08, Frozt wrote:
to bad your not a spy from sonic team trying to get some ideas.

Maybe i am;) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jagasha-Hiei
Jul 23, 2003, 11:25 AM
custom techs, like u can hv customization, element, light, dark, fire, ice, tempest, type, pierce, forward, circle, bounce,auto lock, chasers, big explosion, u get them buy fusing disks of the same lvl like lvl 1 circle, lvl1 dark, u get a lvl 1 magid that circles around u

Jagasha-Hiei
Jul 23, 2003, 11:29 AM
o yaeh and a lot more attacks, like if u use weak strong strong it will hit differently then weak weak weak, like in dynasty warriors and more char battles in lvls im tired of fighting nothing but animals, they shud make chars bosses or something, better costumes too, i h8 those gay humar jumpsuits or fomar robes, and ramar armor things there mad ugly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jagasha-Hiei on 2003-07-23 09:33 ]</font>

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 23, 2003, 11:32 AM
No More Rares in Disguise
You know that feeling when you kill an enemy and see a red box, only to find it's a sodding Photon Drop? Well, how about a different box for them, so at least you don't get dissappointed.

Pricey Offline Save
How about a function that allows you to Save offline, for the price of say, 10,000 Meseta. That way, you could leave a game in progress if you have to answer the phone, or go out. Make it like Majora's Mask save where you have to redo it every time you load up the game, so you can't Save cheat with Rare enemies and so on.

Hired Help
Hire NPCs from the Hunter's guild to help you through offline.

To name but a few...

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 11:32 AM
i think u should be able to chose from being an enemy and a good guy

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 11:40 AM
Hired Help. Thats a good idea?

They should make a quest where i is a fighting tournament. I would enter that on the soul perpous of destroying Kireek. (Or if Kireek is not there, i will destroy the person/android that looks the most like him!)

"Mwuhahahaha!"

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:47 AM
Make the levels more interactive. Like jumping, crawling,etc. It would be cool in the Forest to climb up a tree and shoot all the boomas. And maybe some Magic that turns you invisible for a short while.

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 11:54 AM
I don't think the crawl/jump/climb idea will catch on. It will be too far away from the RPG tradition. That would make it too much like Metal Gear Solid!

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 12:00 PM
I think hiring NPCs offline is a good idea. It gets old goin by yourself....it would be nice even if they arent real

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 12:04 PM
Hehehe, hired help!

"Come Ganny, Bernie and Sue! There are Rappies out there that we must cleanse!!!"

*Evil smirk comes across Xanoki's face*

Blanks
Jul 23, 2003, 12:10 PM
it should have a better targeting sytem.I want to kill the monsters first not destroy boxes. Also better camera angles.I cant see the monsters if a door is blocking the picture

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah, definatley. Or at least put in an item God/Aim or something! Increases your scope of aim, and you have the ability to change targets.

What about you can NOT target boxes, you just fire/attack with your weapon without an aiming system and if the bullet/blade hits the boxes they break. Without the aiming system it would be like the spacial attack of the weapon Elysion.

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 12:26 PM
if you could have hired help it would need to be more difficult or maybe the difficulty only rises when you hire them.

It would be cool though...say your a Android.....so you bring one of the Force NPCs to heal you and so on.

Aiming is ok I guess could be better.

I think beast classes would be cool....

HUbeast- Highest power in game....good amount higher than HUcast but cant use techs or traps.

RAbeast- No techs or traps again....good power and ata though. Have maybe like a crossbow as their best weapon. Have their ata and power high enough to make up for no traps and no techs.

FObeast- Techs but only goes to level 20. Also MST doesnt get very high. Makes up for it though by having the power of a HUmar.

What do you think of these?

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 12:34 PM
I reckon the HUbemar* (changed it a little, mine sounds crap actually) would look like an Ill Gill.

*Hunter/Beast/male

PlatypusMaximus
Jul 23, 2003, 01:01 PM
Also, how about a gauntlet thing?
A quest where you're shoved in a ring and enemies keep on warping in. You can't warp out, and the only items you get are dropped by enemies. You can get better rewards based on how long you stay in the ring

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 01:03 PM
that would be cool...

like you begin with basic stuff and forest monsters on normal...then the monsters get harder and you better stuff drops....like maybe even mags and rares so you can equip them and not get worked when you get to ultimate

Nei3rd
Jul 23, 2003, 01:08 PM
I'd say that there should be a manual aim for all gun weapons. It would kinda like RE:Dead Aim where if you hit a monster on a certain spot it would do massive damage and make them fly back. Also Level interactivity would be cool. Such as in the FOrest level if you being pursued by a bunch of Gigoboomas and your trying to run away you can shoot down a branch or three to hinder they're pursuit. Levels would change to match the seasons such as if it's fall the forest would have brown falling leaves and the such. Also there should be human and android characters that would be enemies (ZOMBIES!! W000T!). Also the fighting system should be like Devil May Cry, more combos would yeild more EXP and a little thing known as Hunter Credits. The thing with HC is that you can trade em in to get mats, grinders and maybe the occasional rare. Another feature would be able to go into "Bullet Time" or Focus. This would allow your character to dodge more easily and would increase the chances to hit your enemy. Each class would have they're own skills. Forces would be able to charge they're techs to be able to do more damage, Rangers would have a rapid shot that makes them shoot of bullets as if they were using a mech gun, and hunters would have like a charge slice, which is a a large radius heavy hit.

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 01:20 PM
it would be cool if monsters wouldnt lose sight of you so easy...like if you leave the room. How abou them chasing you around? That would make it harder. I say they chase you unless you hide behind something out of there sight. That would be cool.

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 01:32 PM
What about ammo, as in proper ammunition for guns, like the yasminkov series.

Or maybe a rare slot item, which triples your weapons photon efficiency, hit %, atp, ata.

Or a weapon enhancer slot item, that makes different weapons do different things.

Sword : Grows bigger/longer to hit more
Handgun : You get another one! Twin handguns!
Mechgun : They fire 4 bullets per combo
Rifle : Bullets penetrate
Sabre : You get another sabre, like sange and
yasha,but cooler
Slicer : They do damage twice coz they turn around
after a set distance and return to the
thrower.
Double sabres : Blades grow longer, and you move a
lot faster than normal
Twin sword : Blades grow longer and you can do a 4
press combo
All FO weps : Fire twinkly power beams and increase
MST by 75%

satoshi1
Jul 23, 2003, 01:43 PM
I didn't know there was going to be an Episode 4. From what I've heard, Episode 3 is the last in the current story line...

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 01:46 PM
I think twin sabers would be cool. Not one on each end but one in each hand.

Or how about 2 double sabers one in each hand. Like twirl them around lol

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 01:48 PM
Satoshi, I said in the first post that these are merely ideas, and hopes that we might ever see the light that is PSO episode 4.

HaLLa, that would own! Could you imagine walking around (darth) mauling (sorry bout the pun!) everything in the room with your twin sabres.

Nei3rd
Jul 23, 2003, 02:24 PM
How about a bar?? When online and waiting for a friend(s) you can hang out at the bar and get some mates and fluids for you mag. You can use that time to raise your mag! Also there can be mini games. Like...a PSO version of Centipede, Pong, pinball and the such. Or hell, a DDR like mini game to go up against multiple players!

Kent
Jul 23, 2003, 03:01 PM
Skills from PSIV would be nice, as would a more interactive fighting system (like the later Zelda games) and a plethora of new techniques.

Also, somebody else needs to balance the game, as of now, Sonic Team doesn't know shit about balancing an online game.

Elixer
Jul 23, 2003, 03:39 PM
Mainly what I would like to see would be more online quests and new levels. New characters I wouldn't care about because I would use the same one I use now. New weapons basically same reason. I'm not saying I wouldn't use the new weapons you just have your favorites. Voice chat would be cool also. The rest I wouldn't really care about. I just want more places to play online.

satoshi1
Jul 23, 2003, 03:45 PM
On 2003-07-23 11:48, xanoki wrote:
Satoshi, I said in the first post that these are merely ideas, and hopes that we might ever see the light that is PSO episode 4.

According to the front news page on this site, after PSO Episode 3 there will be a totally new PSO, PSO 2 in a sense. Meaning no Episode 4, but i'm not gonna stop anyone from posting hopes and ideas.

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 04:23 PM
According to the front page yeah your right. It is apparently supposed to be around the Red Ring Rico storyline (but wasn't that Ep 1?)

Ah well!

satoshi1
Jul 23, 2003, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see some cooler animations for casting techs. There should be different animations for each tech. Like when you cast.. oh, say.. megid, your character should raise his hands towards the sky for a bit, like he's charging up, and then throw the ball at the enemy. Sorta like the Spirit Bomb from DBZ. Or, when you cast Resta, or any support tech for that matter, your char shouldn't do the normal tech animation for foie or anything (depending on the weapon you have, they do different things, but with a double saber, my FOmar looks almost as if he's going to attack the enemy by hitting him with the hilt...). Instead they should hold their staff (or whatever) in front of them, stand still, and look down, or something. I just think that the tech animations are too bland and need to be changed.

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 04:39 PM
based around red ring rico is the sega saturn version it was pretty kool

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 04:40 PM
i think that this should be a sticky

DarK-SuN
Jul 23, 2003, 04:41 PM
Episode 4 would be pushing it but...

-Add the 4 remaining classes (HUnewm, HUmarl, RAnewearl and RAnewm).
-Doubtful they would make a new game engine since Episode 4 would basically mean a mere version upgrade and not a full sequel.

For a sequel...

-Another game engine; no more recycling the same thing over and over again.
-Keep the Xbox voice chat, yet fixing the bug it has would be a very welcome addition.
-Make saving server side.
-Make it a MMORPG!
-Make the characters "free-form"; in other words, you could have a RAcast look, a HUcast look, etc, etc, etc, but be the class you want to be, like a Hunter, a Force (well, not a force with android races but you know what I mean), etc; obviously race bonus when they are certain classes would apply in this case.

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 04:47 PM
dark sun....i have no idea wot ur talking about 0_0

Nambrosia
Jul 23, 2003, 05:07 PM
I've said it twice now but damn it I'll say it again:
Implementation of the Phantasy Star IV Skills System!!
They HAVE to bring back Demi's MEDICAL POWER skill..
And all the others!! They'd rock if we could use them in PSO! XD

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 05:24 PM
I think what Dark Sun is trying to say is that you can make, say a HUnewearl, but give it the skirt of a FOnewearl, and the hat of a FOnewm, and the sleeves and trousers of a HUmar, Free-form, the ability to make your character real cool or real st00pid!

martian_man
Jul 23, 2003, 05:41 PM
ooooohhh right i get it now

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 05:51 PM
Oooh i got one!

What if, in Episode 4, you could actually equip other class weps!

For instance, in EP1+2, a HUmar, with all his 1000atp, could not equip a lousy stick+3.
He COULD NOTequip a STICK+2!!!1!

Well, actually, that would be pretty crap, HUmar's running on kill rampages with a stick with a chao on it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Nambrosia
Jul 23, 2003, 05:57 PM
I got another idea.. but as far as I know this would only work on GC c.c
Actually make use of the two extras on the controller.. the C-Stick and Z-Button.

I think the moving the C-stick should let you target different things on the fly, while the Z-Button opens up a third action pallet! So you get 9 buttons instead of 6! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarK-SuN
Jul 23, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-07-23 15:24, xanoki wrote:
I think what Dark Sun is trying to say is that you can make, say a HUnewearl, but give it the skirt of a FOnewearl, and the hat of a FOnewm, and the sleeves and trousers of a HUmar, Free-form, the ability to make your character real cool or real st00pid!

Exactly what I meant.
An android example would be, make a HUcast with the exterior of a RAcast if you so desired, effectively enabling you to make your character in any way you deem appropriate to your taste.

Obscenity
Jul 24, 2003, 03:20 AM
I'd like to see some android-specific weapons, especially with some higher-level techniques on them for the special attack. Like the S-Red's Blade is a cool weapon, but the S/D on it kind of sucks. A pair of android-only daggers with L:20 or 25 S/D would totally rock. Or maybe a shotgun with Grants. How cool would that be? =D

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 05:01 AM
Grants gun?

Sounsd a bit like a modified Heaven Punisher to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AndyPandy
Jul 24, 2003, 05:44 AM
It would be cool if the forces could cast a spell and change into one of the enemies. Even better....they could cast a spell to get a certain amount of monsters to follow them around as helpers when attacking..lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-07-24 03:47 ]</font>

KradKram
Jul 24, 2003, 06:11 AM
In Episode 4 I'd like to see:
More intellagent enimes for eg. they move differently like not just straight at you! (you know like the way the wolves in the forest act) Plus they would act to how much health they have like become more angryer (like garanz become more stronger)! Plus they're shud be more things like the way the Metrillas run away! That wud be more fun to play!

Plus also like more different actions when you swing your weps so they're almost never the same!

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 07:40 AM
How about mags, that when you get 100% limit break gauge, the mags will start firing a shot (bullet) with every atatck you make. So instead of using your Limit Break, you could let your mag give you covering fire!

BTW, this would probably like take off 1% of your limi break guage every time your mags fires a shot.

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 08:05 AM
Yeah i like the DDR idea.

Maybe Falz gets tired of getting whoops by Heaven Punishers and BKB's, and so tries sumthin a little less pianfull, like DDR!

You have to lay down some Phat moves and show Falz who dances best.

"break it down Falz, eat my triple backflip to a rebound moonwalk!"

*critical hit*

Yoda86
Jul 24, 2003, 08:08 AM
Ok here's a new idea. The X button (for GC players) just sits there and does nothing, that is unless you pull up a menu then you can use it. But during battle it just does nothing. Sooooo.....

When you see a monster about to attack you, just press the X button to dodge it. That would be a great idea for the next game (hopefully they plan on another one). There have been many times where I just wanted to roll out of the way sideways and dodge a blast from a Gilchic or something that would swing at me.

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 08:45 AM
Erm, yeah? But we need more buttons for attacking though.. we need less dodging and more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Obscenity
Jul 24, 2003, 09:07 AM
I want jumping and sidestepping, too. That would make the gameplay a lot more interesting.

satoshi1
Jul 24, 2003, 10:18 AM
On 2003-07-24 06:08, Yoda86 wrote:
Ok here's a new idea. The X button (for GC players) just sits there and does nothing, that is unless you pull up a menu then you can use it. But during battle it just does nothing.

No, the X button does attack, or whatever you have it set to.

Someone earlier mentioned having the Z button as a third palette, I think that'd be cool, it'd allow quicker access to items/spells, but I use the Z button all the time to bring up the menu. I never use start. They should change start's function instead =P

Lucas2k4
Jul 24, 2003, 10:36 AM
Yeah. I use Z too. Its closer to my fingers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AxemPunanny
Jul 24, 2003, 12:54 PM
On 2003-07-23 07:18, Kayosuke wrote:
Sounds great!!! I'd Buy it!!
http://www.homestarrunner.com

that site is hilarious. you should ask StrongBad if he plays PSO.

Yoda86
Jul 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-07-24 08:18, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-07-24 06:08, Yoda86 wrote:
Ok here's a new idea. The X button (for GC players) just sits there and does nothing, that is unless you pull up a menu then you can use it. But during battle it just does nothing.

No, the X button does attack, or whatever you have it set to.

Someone earlier mentioned having the Z button as a third palette, I think that'd be cool, it'd allow quicker access to items/spells, but I use the Z button all the time to bring up the menu. I never use start. They should change start's function instead =P

Oh whoops, X is usually my special attack so I guess I kept pressing it and overlooked that the weap I had on had no special. Z could be a good button. That or we could use the C-Stick to sidestep sideways (left and right) and somesault forward and jump backwards.

This would get rid of some chat shortcuts but who needs em anyway.

tank1
Jul 24, 2003, 01:46 PM
i want two handguns 1 in each hand and to be able to knock over enemies with strong attacks like they knock us over muhahahaha!

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah, what about twin mags?

Not like ones like Rati or Kalki, i mean like the ability to equip 2 mags, or even better, merge mags to make better and new ones!

DolmolmKing
Jul 24, 2003, 03:40 PM
I would just like the ability to pause in the offline mode in PSO.

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 03:58 PM
On 2003-07-24 13:40, DolmolmKing wrote:

Hehe, that's good!

Oooh, what if you could pause online. Not pause freeze the game though.

I mean, if you are in a room full of monsters, and the second phone rings, or somebody is at the door, Wouldn't you like to pause? What if you could select in the menu, "pause". Then what happens is that you can't move, your character stays still, but cannot be attacked, healed or anything. Other team mates will still see you, but with a sign over your head saying "PAUSED!", so they nkow you are paused, but they can carry on!

How does that sound? Understand it?

Hehe, just a thought!

satoshi1
Jul 24, 2003, 04:00 PM
You should also be able to talk when paused. But.. this "pausing" method that you suggested would be a form of invincibility... Do that when monsters are crowded around you, they go away, you unpause and walk away/attack them. It'd also be extremely cheap in battle mode...

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 04:23 PM
Ok, lets say the enemies still stay there. Like when you are invinsible because of your mag, they attack , but can't hit you.

Maybe you can only pause for a maximum of 15 seconds. More time is purchasable on an online quest for 5 seconds for 35k meseta.

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 04:32 PM
That is, when you "pause" your "time" counts down, like credits on a cell phone. Run out, and it unpauses, and you have to buy more.

Last_Survivor
Jul 24, 2003, 05:55 PM
Instead of finding the same basic crap such as justys for greenill from everything they could put some more 'lesser' weapons to add a little variety to the constant stream of diskas of liberators flooding my bank.

xanoki
Jul 24, 2003, 06:05 PM
That would be ok....

(OK?!?! NO MORE VARISTA'S!!!!!!)

Solidus_Snake
Jul 24, 2003, 06:49 PM
ANDROID UPGRADES AND SKILL CHARGES!!

Example is say FOnewearls special is a more powerful megid. A skill charge based from that would allow her to cast a far more devastating version of megid so many times starting at a certain level. things like that

martian_man
Jul 24, 2003, 06:58 PM
scary.......

Blood-Rayne
Jul 24, 2003, 07:05 PM
I like the 'only target enemies, not boxes' idea, but i have a new one... didnt read Page 5 so sry if i stole someones idea, but i dont think i will. How about All Monsters drop their DNA... no... not wepun making DNA... DNA that alters your current Physical form. Like Final Fantasy 3 (i think) for the Game Boy. You turn into a monster and you can buy an item or get the skill that (re)turns you to your original form. Being a bringer would kick.... Flying through levels plowing through enemies without ease.

CrimmsonDB
Jul 24, 2003, 07:08 PM
what about this since their will still be sabers and partisans what about making the attacks longer like adding another into the combo limit an include the tilting fuction that would enable u to make more custamized attack patters intsead of the usuall attack, attack, attack. it would add more variety to attacks and make it more fun creating your own attack pattern.

xanoki
Jul 25, 2003, 06:10 AM
Hehe, I like Yoda's idea about the c-stick.

That would be pretty useful actually,

Jump Forward
__¦ ¦__
Dodge/roll left <- __ c __ -> Dodge/roll right
¦ ¦
Jump Backward

I reckon that would spice thing up a little. Jumping over a Booma, landing dierectly behind it, then unloading a bucket of lead with your yas 9k, and it didn't even know what hit him

Minty
Jul 25, 2003, 08:06 AM
How about the ability to use techniques in a combo? Like attack normally, whip out a quick foie, and finish with another normal attack! Or if you could dodge or whatever, you could attack, foie, dodge, attack, heal, dodge, attack and so on and so forth! Or maybe attack and use a technique at the same time. Ohhhhhhh!

Sedyne
Jul 25, 2003, 09:00 AM
On 2003-07-23 04:59, xanoki wrote:

This may have been posted before on this board or others, but I wouldn't know, as all my posts except like 3 are in Mag,item and quest discussion.

Please post anything on your mind to do with this, and don't flame me for my oppinions. Thanks have a nice day!

EP IV

(more clothes, can design eyes, tatoos, scars etc.)
More character classes
(More variation, and less clones in lobbies)
More Weapons
(nuff said, the more the merrier)
More levels
(MOre exploring means more gameplay, and more fun)
Higher level maximum
(the ability to go to level 300, or higher)
(not a black costumed HUmar with a gun)
Up to 5 members in a team
(more people, more co-operation, if you have more than 3 friends)
More techs for FO's
(imho, FO's are still outclassed slightly by HUmars and RAmarls)
New armour/shield stuff
(when you equip ANY armour or shield, you can see the change on your character)
New EXTREME rare items
(Gold or even silver boxes!)
Voice chat
(well, it would be nice....)
New mags
(well they made EPII rare mags, why not EPIV?)
New photon blasts
(Cool! Or even the ability to capture some enemies and use them as photon blasts?)

Remember these are my ideas, not rumors or what will happen. They, from what I hear are never gonna make PSO Ep VI, but still, you can't help but hope that ST does make it!

I really hope noone ever hires you as a video game creater/director.

Yoda86
Jul 25, 2003, 09:20 AM
On 2003-07-24 13:40, DolmolmKing wrote:

Amen to that, I can't tell you the high number of times I would be fighting DF and all of a sudden I get a phone call.....Very frustrating indeed.

Yoda86
Jul 25, 2003, 11:50 AM
There should also be an in-game save option. I'm tired of all this "quit the game to save" crap.

xanoki
Jul 25, 2003, 01:00 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is that? A lot of people liked my ideas, as well as putting on some really good ideas themselves. I don't see you contributing much.

Monomate
Jul 25, 2003, 01:22 PM
can we just like...drop the idea of a PSO Ep. IV!!! I mean...you guys have great imaginations...but...you're thinking way too small...why PSO Ep. IV which is just an add-on and not a true sequel or new game at all...why not...PSO 2? I mean...you can have even MORE possibilities and options on a totally new game (or even a true sequel) than you can with just a...hmm...a simple add-on...just think...when you continue adding on to the same story...you're basically confined to Ragol and the story from the first episode, but if you make an entirely new game...you can come up with anything you want! all you really have to do is stick with the whole idea of 'Hunters' and the same concept...perhaps...there was another pioneer ship, and it ended up on a different planet, as opposed to Ragol, and found...say...a sentient alien species (maybe the aliens that sealed Falz in that...uh...spaceship/ruins...)

You can have it set before or after the events of Ep.1 and 2. if its set after, new technology...which means...new weapons! new classes! new...other stuff!

think of the possibilities!!!

i know im just sort of rambling...but seriously...thinking Ep.IV is too small, expand the ideas...think... PSO 2!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: deathscythe_hell_custom on 2003-07-25 11:24 ]</font>

Nei3rd
Jul 25, 2003, 01:56 PM
True. Too true. For the storyline of PSO-2 you're hired bye a group of rebels to find evidence on the real reason why the Coral government picked Ragol even though they knew it was dangerous. When you get more into the game you find out that these rebel groups are just fanatics blaming the government for the latest monster attacks. Now you can accept missions from local police stations, the feds, and corporations. As you progress even further, you find out that the souls of the people on Pioneer One have been corrupted by Dark Falz's evil and are merging together in order to turn Ragol into "the ultimate dark paradise". But throughout the game you are givin hints about this. Each un-corrupted soul gives you a skill or an upgradeble piece of armor (that is non trade-able) or an upgradeable weapon (thats also non tradeble). You have the ability to flesh out you character's background which affects how your character reacts to NPCs or vice versa. You also have the ability to buy your own apartment and you can live in any section (now known as cities) you wish.

Yoda86
Jul 25, 2003, 02:37 PM
I think what this topic is about IS as PSO 2 but would have Episode IV since every recent PSO game seems to be divided into episodes.

Valleo
Jul 25, 2003, 02:39 PM
Id like to see.....

PSO 2:

It is 30 years after the initial colonisation of Ragol. The forces of dark corrupted by the power of the Dark Force, that created the Dark Falz who initially possesed Rico Tyrell, have been defeated by the Hero's of Ragol (circa Episode 3). However, Dark Force himself has eluded the hero's, and has escaped Ragol with the aid of his minions, in search of a way to travel back to before the protectors of Algo destroyed the profound darkness. Explore the known galaxy to find and destroy Dark Force before he succeeds;

New Content:

- Servers now represent cities on planets. Making a game in a server allows you access to the areas on that specfic planet.

- Different planets will have different enemy difficulties.

- There are many planets to travel to, and some to discover as well. Travelling between cities on the same planet is instantaneous. Travelling between planets requires the use of a ship, and a character with a pilot skill.

- Optional server side saving for "corruption insurance" at a bit of a higher HL fee.

- 4 new races: Espers, Dezorians, Musk cats and Motavians.

- Characters are built from the race on, rather than the class on. for instance, once youve picked a Human, you would then customise his appearance, and then his class. Class alignment is not changeable. Some races cannot be certain classes.

- Class only uniforms no longer apply. Choose from a large array of customiseable costumes or outfits. Color change is specific to each item of clothing, instead of the entire outfit.

- Skill system for non-class specific abilities (Pilot, Driver, Blacksmith ect.)

- Blacksmith engine to create more powerful, fully customiseable weapons and armor. Skill determines the items quality. Items can be created from damaged items, enemy pieces special items and some weapons and armors.

- The ability to set up guilds and communities online. Members are added to the guilds "card list". The ability to create and manage a small community online (complete with shops and houses). Certain areas of the community will be accesible only to members of the guild.

- Offline you may hire extra characters on your memory cards as NPC's. Set up macros for them to use in battle, like a cross between Star Ocean and .hack. An easy way to level up all of your characters.

- Some travelling requires the use of a vehicule (space travel requires a ship, land travel a car or truck, sea travel requires the use of a boat). These levels are inaccesible unless one of the party mebers owns one. Teammates can either accompany with their own vehicule (up to 4 vehicules) or accompany the "pilot" in his vehicule and man weapons stations (gun turrets, cannons ect). You must complete the vehicular level to advance to your destination.

- Skin menus for nearly everything in the game, from the customiseable weapons, to character looks, to vehicules and guild houses.

Bah this is getting too long. Anyone else?

xanoki
Jul 25, 2003, 02:56 PM
Hehe, bit long =p

I like the blacksmith idea.

What I am saying here technically IS PSO 2. Just it would be the same as calling it PSO episode IV, call it what you want, there are loads of ideas!

Satine
Jul 25, 2003, 03:14 PM
Maybe just maybe someone at Sega will take the time to read these... (Wishful thinking)

Anyhow here's what I would have done with the next installment of PSO (I still can't beleive it's been made into a turn based card game..ugh)

1. S-Rank Frames/Armors (You can choose the name of your armor and pick the priority of stats you want it to boost on your char, DFP, ATP, EVP, etc) Also being able to choose from a selection of visual effects of the armor would be a nice feature.

2. More Trap types for droids to use against enemies. Maybe having advanced traps like tech disks that you can find.

3. More techs for Forces (maybe wind techniques like breezes or tornado-like effects).

4. A public area where you can drop off/pickup stuff to or from friends like personal messages or gifts/items.

That's all for now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Satine on 2003-07-25 13:15 ]</font>

noob-of-fury
Jul 25, 2003, 03:22 PM
Well, my big gripes that I want fixed with either a new episode being released or PSO2 finally seeing the light of day are the "combos" and enemies. I want actual combos not just three hits that merely frustrate the enemy and leave you open for the usual can of ass-whoop. If they actually sped up the gameplay a bit and put in a real combo system then they could just make the enemies have different tactics/increased hp and damage.
I also believe that they should lower how much hp everything has at the beginning. Then again I grew up playing the old old old Final Fantasy games and those Elder Scrolls and DnD PC games.

Sedyne
Jul 25, 2003, 03:44 PM
On 2003-07-25 11:00, xanoki wrote:

[/quote]

Why is that? A lot of people liked my ideas, as well as putting on some really good ideas themselves. I don't see you contributing much.

[/quote]

1. Because Ep IV won't ever happen. Episode 3 is supposed to finish the story to pso 1 and 2.

2. Level 300 would be incredibly stupid or even beyond unless they completely redid exp allocation/exp# recieved from enemy kills.

3. I take back what I said, just that that idea sucked and i wasnt thinking very much while i responded to your post.

4. They need to add ALOT MORE FRIGGEN GAME PLAY MECHANICS :New weapon combination attacks, techniques etc. They need god damn ability to cast combined techs like in ps4.

xanoki
Jul 25, 2003, 05:34 PM
Hey dude!

Nobody said this was gonna be a real game!
I just wanted to put down what i wanted if they ever did make a new PSO game.

I know it isn't gonna happen, but at least us people can talk about what it could have been like. Don't just go and spoil the mood like that.

=p

Spider
Jul 25, 2003, 05:44 PM
The hole 2 1 handed weapon thing I have dreamt about before, one equiped normally, and one in the sheild slot as an alternative. just use normal and hard attack for the first weapon, then use the special attack to use the alternate weapon. Obviously this could only be used with saber and gun style, but would look quite sexy until you saw everyone doing it. But then again, the new hold r and press y to go to items can make one change weapon in the middle of battle quite damn quickly, I go from sword to mechgun in battle all the time with the GC version!

xanoki
Jul 25, 2003, 05:49 PM
hehe, useful.

What if you could equip a permanent weapon. One that is grafted onto your suit. You can equip other weps with it, but that one always stays there, till you get it removed at the hospitol =p

DoobySnacks
Jul 25, 2003, 06:00 PM
You should be able to merge weapons
(you could merge a red handgun and a last survivor and have a weapon like squall in final fantasy)
more classes of weapons
(katars....machetes(cant spell) throwing knifes ect)
Forging weapons
if you do a certain quest and then some others it unlocks a blacksmith door and you can like change the appearance of the weapon but not its stats...ie curve it, change color, change hand it goes on)
...Be able to see sheild w/ out merging and that shizzle nizzle
...be able to taunt
...A BLOODY KEYBOARD FOR BAJESUS SAKE!
...hire mercinaries
...change the way you attack
...FREE on-line-ness
...be able to change every single aspect of you character
ill be sure to think of moreit is

satoshi1
Jul 25, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-07-25 16:00, DoobySnacks wrote:
...A BLOODY KEYBOARD FOR BAJESUS SAKE!

It's already been done. But I like the other ideas, except for the whole thing about Squall's weapon.. You should only be able to merge weapons of the same class. Like a handgun and a handgun. Or a saber and a saber.

EDIT: oh, and the mercenary thing. That'd be cool, but it'd be a little Diablo 2ish...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: satoshi1 on 2003-07-25 16:05 ]</font>

Wood_Golem
Jul 25, 2003, 06:58 PM
Well seeing as someone said about hireing NPC's i have a better idea... personally i'd love to walk around with my HUnewearl and have my HUcast following behind... catch my drift? so say you could give sort of AI commands to him/her like if your other caracter is a FOrce and your a HUnter you might want him/her to autmatically cast S/D and resta when were on low hp or cast jellen and stuff like that to help us while playing this would also be a good way of leveling up a new caracter for instance ya know walking around normal with a lv 130+ caracter just for the sake of leveling up your work in progress until he/her can stand on their own feet.

satoshi1
Jul 25, 2003, 07:14 PM
That's an awesome idea, I'd love to be able to do that. The char that I would need to level would be the main one, but the higher level char would be sort of like an NPC, but with commands that you can give it. That'd be extremely useful, or if you just get bored of playing by yourself you could always load up another char. Two of your own level 100+s going after ult falz offline anyone? They'd both get the experience, it'd be awesome.

Chibi-Chan
Jul 25, 2003, 07:41 PM
I just wanna post the 100th reply!!!! WOHO I win a prize!!!

Kadou
Jul 25, 2003, 07:57 PM
Some of my ideas may have been posted already, but I'm going to post them anyway. Rather than using the current fighting system, you should be able to specifically aim your weapon (ex: if using a saber one would use the (GC) c-stick to swing it whatever direction they choose, and maybe customize thrust/jab). Maybe certain enemies would have specific weak spots, or maybe enemy parts could be obtained by aiming precisely at, for example, a Booma's shoulder.

There ought ought to be a skill for Hunters to equip a weapon in each hand. This skill wouldn't work with sword or partisan type weapons. Also, someone mentioned being able to merge a handgun and a sword. Wouldn't something like the pic in the following link be better?http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/images/fanart/rommelguzman_Vampire.jpg

The ability to customize techniques would be great for Forces. Maybe at lower levels learning an initial foie technique, then later on being able to choose whether you wish to project fire in a single blast, releasing it in a dome around yourself (or maybe the current gifoie technique), firing several blasts, causing individual or multiple explosions, firing a straight stream, etc. Also, their ought to be a tech with which you can summon the aid of any enemy you've killed in the last 3 beats. This enemy could help you either until you dismiss it or until 1 beat has passed. Maybe this would be the skill of a new class (Necromancer?) rather than that of a Force.

Cyborgs would make an interesting new species. They could have greater attack power than most Humans, and obviously more mindstrength than Androids. Techs would only go up to level 5 or 10. No Resta, Anti, Grants, or Megid. Gradual healing, but at a slower rate than Androids. Incaple of being poisoned or paralyzed via a toxin (or what I call red paralysis in PSO), but can be paralyzed by electrical disturbance (yellow paralysis). Easily confused by traps, Chaos Bringers, etc.

-FObor-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-07-26 14:03 ]</font>

Colossal
Jul 26, 2003, 05:32 AM
i think having weopons with slots so that u can have like a handgun with 1 slot then put like a fire unit in their then it makes it a fire weapon or something like that. and more double weapons (they kick arse).

Obscenity
Jul 26, 2003, 05:38 AM
On 2003-07-26 03:32, Colossal wrote:
i think having weopons with slots so that u can have like a handgun with 1 slot then put like a fire unit in their then it makes it a fire weapon or something like that. and more double weapons (they kick arse).

Weapons with changeable elements would be awesome. Someone else said something about having a weapon in each hand. That would be cool, too. Like you could do two shots with a handgun as an enemy is closing in and for the third hit do a heavy sword/saber swing.

tank1
Jul 26, 2003, 01:53 PM
how about aswell like the soldiers of pioneer 2 or scientists come down to ragol aswell instead of using hunter skins

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 26, 2003, 10:34 PM
more ways to find the good items

and better costumes.

run with guns.

more attacks. like 20 or so.

sange
Jul 26, 2003, 11:18 PM
here are some ideas XD for new fo tecs

wind poison and status effect spells for forces

example: wind=aero gi aero ra aero *causes knock back

poison= bio drain

stats= blind (makes screen dimmer in battle mode) parlysis confuse

ultima: only lv 1 tech fo's only damages any enime on screen severley and does splash damage. takes a serious amount of mp and some HP (able to kill yourself using the skill) the splash damage can take other players hp down by 3/4 or 1/2 splash and damage could be based on mst..

and a command that lets you sprint or run faster for a certian time and while your running you can dash into enmies and attack.. just to name explain some =P

Jeke
Jul 27, 2003, 12:03 AM
I know a bunch of these Ideas might have been posted but I might as well say them:

MAJOR PSO CHANGES:
-The game would offer you to play "Offline Story mode". In this mode the game would have a deep story (Not like Ep1&2 story) with lots of side-quest and optinal ventures (Much like a RPG).
-Online the game would allow you areas you have beaten in the "Offline Story Mode" in order to access areas previously not reachable with just one player.
-Now and then some puzzle elements.
-Instead of the usual Warp to AreaX and return to Pionner 2 the game would feature the ability to travel in a "World Map" (Only in Offline Story Mode) where you have to solve puzzles, gain abilities, or simply interact with NPC's.
-I liked the Pay a NPC idea. So, when playing Offline Story Mode you would be able to pay an NPC and the WORD SELECT option would change to a COMMAND SELECT Option where you could issue simple commands like "Cast X Tech!" or change the combat mode of your partner(s) "Be all offensive!, Heal only, etc..."
-About the Blacksmith Idea... I won't repeat it as it's been said millions of times but the idea of "Item Creation" should be further enhanced. Let us say if you wanted to create a Sange & Yasha (for example...) You must Find a "Book of ancient blades" for both the Sange and Yasha then have it traduced and then taking it to the blacksmith for him to tell you that you have to get X metal for Sange and X for Yasha (these items would be rare). It's just an example...
-In Online Mode Sonic Team would host "Tournaments" in an "Arena" and the winner of the tournament would gain a rare item according to the importance of the Tournament.
-There would also be a "market" (online) where ACTUAL PSO gamers would come to sell their weapons or buy them from other gamers (no trading) In a more "shop" way... Meaning that you could "rent" a stand and place prices on some items so people would come and buy stuff from you (A window would pop up and tell them to buy) Or if you didn't have time to stay there you could "leave" your items with the auto seller (An NPC)... and later come back to see if anybody had bough your weapon and collect your money.
-Intead of choosing a class and having them have the SAME stats that the game wants you to have. It would be more like you can choose between the 3 Types (Force, Hunter, Ranger) and then the 3 Races (Human, Newman, and Android) then the game would ask you which "Stats" you want... Meaning if you choose a Human Force then you would be able make have the stats of a FOmar or FOmarl then you would choose its sex and have the ability to fully customize their look. Of course stats alteration would be limited according to their class and race.
-The level themselves would be more varied ranging from maybe a beautiful coast (not a small sub level like in CCA) to technological laboratories (something cool looking!).

MINOR CHANGES:
- L Button would be used to activate targeting mode and you would use your C-stick to change between targets.
- Z would be used as a stafe button... Press Z and then Down on the pad and the char would stafe back, left and strafe left, etc... I know that people prefer Z for pause (Myself included) but using Pause for pause is not that hard... is it?
-Ability to Pause the game in Offline (not Online)
-More aggresive enemy AI
-Proton Blast would be used by pressing L and R together to open the Proton Blast menu to prevent accidentaly using PB.
-The ability to have a second player plug a controller into the Forth Socket and he would be able to Shoot or aid you with your MAG. Pressing L would enamble the "Mag Photo Mode" where you take pictures.
-Androids can use "Abilites" similar to Traps android can use them a number of times before recharge. Abilities can range from regenaration to a bunch of other stuff. Also maybe as an alternative Droids could have EP (Energy Points) similar to TP but not for Techs rather for the androids abilities.
-More Techs for forces (duh!)
-Tech combination... Similar to PB combo (inspired from PS4). The players must target a specific enemy and unleash an attack at the same time in order to do a tech combo.
-There would be higher Lv. techs than 30 but only SPECIFIC Classes would be able to use some of them... Let us say a lv.50 Foie that only FOnewearl would be able to use. All forces can use tech until 30 but have limits on their Lv.31-50 ones.
-More variatons in techs (More dark and light spells) and other elements like earth and Wind.
-Bosses that require more "specific" strategies to beat them. Not the simple hack until dead formula. Same with some enemies.
-Various types of online competions.

Wooah... a bit long but I hope that you all like my ideas. Again, some of them have been used but that's ALL I would like in the next PSO. TRUE SEQUEL by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeke on 2003-07-26 22:11 ]</font>

KaizerMach
Jul 27, 2003, 12:22 AM
Ragdoll physics on character models. This way, when you get whacked... it looks painful. Same way when you whack a bad guy.

Physics on character models. It looks really weird when a RAmarl cocks its head to fire a rifle and her hair goes in a 45 degree angle. Lotsa GEL on that one.

Farther draw distance. (Goes with new game engine I guess) Not being able to see what the contents of a box are just because it is a few feet farther and making you run just to see if you got anything nice sucks. =) You all know what I mean. Umm... I'll post more as they come...

tornado216
Jul 27, 2003, 05:30 PM
I was just thinking how cool it would be if you could scan a picture of someone or something, and you could have your character look like that. It may be a bit too out there, and there would have to be restrictions, but it would be cool. And definitly more levels and monsters.

xanoki
Jul 30, 2003, 01:19 PM
Hiya Tank1 (i'm in USA, w00t!)

Ok, what about more sealed weapons, but ones that can actually be UNSEALED (looks at Sealed J sword angrily)

Like, a sealed double sabre. Or Any other weps, just to add a little more motive to complete any new quests around at that time.

I reckon the idea about hitting different parts of an opponents body would be cool. Like in the GBA game "medabots AX", where you could only die if you got a total FUBAR to the head.

Hehe, BTW, bump http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

crazy_latino2
Jul 30, 2003, 05:25 PM
Here is a great idea! actaually a couple. with the mag they should pull off some cheap ass version of the tomagochi with the mags. also add a thing were you can have conversations with your mag. and do something better with the soccer. the should make teams like "The Vicous Boomas" or some cheap ass thing like that. and it should be a MMORPG. and add anime style voice (i'm thinking X box to all you game cubers out there.) and especially fix the bug in the voice chat that there is like a 5 second delay after you say something.

satoshi1
Jul 30, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-07-30 15:25, crazy_latino2 wrote:
and add anime style voice

Say wha? Anime style voice? ::confused::

xanoki
Jul 31, 2003, 10:41 AM
Anime? Voices?

Err, you mean like cute and sqeeky, or just oriental like.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 31, 2003, 11:25 AM
Maybe able to add your own voice? Wait.... that would be stupid...

SomMofo
Jul 31, 2003, 06:20 PM
ok i've been thinking about this for sooo long, like before this thread but never had any one to tell so you guys tell me what you think ok???

the bigg thing would be the offline story mode, with acctual npc's that interact with you on the battle field, kinda like .hack, but diff. you wouldnt control them but you could make suggestions, like "backme up" or "just worry about yourself"(i.e. they just attack) or "let me handle this". the story is as follows: after finding the lab on gal da val isl. and defeating olga flow there have been reports of a human like species "wandering" around the area near the isl. After you search them out, you find out they came with the ship containg DF for the sole purpose of making sure he never escapes. but obviously they didnt because of the soldiers from pioneer 1, they decided to remain hidden to wait and see what happens next, DF is released and they have failed. On another note it is revealed that ARK the enimy org. in epsIII has Dr. Otso in their custody, it seems he survived the attack by DF and OF, however the reasons why are "unknown", (he has parisitic cell type D in his blood, by the way) Dr. Otso begins "mutating" at unexpected and uncontrollable rates, he infect 2 Ark soldiers and they all become "olga"-esque. you are then informed by the principle that your help is greatly needed to stop this horrific new assault on the inhabitant of the pioneer2 colony...
(thats just the intro)

Game specs:
new classes are: HUnewm, HUmarl, RAnewm, RAnewearl, FOwar, FOcurst(working title).
HUNTERS:
Strongest- from greates to least: Hucast Hunewm, Humarl, Humar, Hunewearl, Hucaseal.
Fastest- from best to worst: Hucast, Humarl, Hunewearl, Humar, Hucast, Hunewm.
Tech max lvl stat: Hunewearl-lvl25, Humarl-lvl20, Humar-lvl20, Hunewm-lvl15, (androids have no tp)

RANFERS:
Strongest: Racaseal, Racast, Ramarl, Ramar, Ranewearl, Ranewm
Fastest: Ranewearl, Racaseal, Ranewm, Ramarl, Ramar, Racast.
Tech max lvl: Ranewm-lvl30, Ranewearl-lvl25, Ramar/Ramarl-lvl20 (androids have no tp)

FORCES:
Strongest: Fowar, Focurst, Fomar, Fonewm, Fomarl, Fonewearl.
Fastest: Fonewearl, Focurst, Fonewm, Formarl, Fomar, Fowar.
Tech max lvl: all forces go to lvl 40 techs

A word on FOwar and FOcurst, because no android can use tp, i had to make new custom classes within the force class, FOwar's can equip ANY hunter-melee wep except for certain HU-specific weps, however a FOwar cannot use ANY projectile wep, as war stands for WARRIOR, hehe, FOcurst can equip ANY projectile wep except for certain RA-specific weps, however a FOcurst cannot use ANY hunter-melee wep, curst doesnt stand for anything but i had to put something, the FOcurst is an assasain but FOass doesnt sound nice hehe. besides adding these chars all fo's get three choices of garment types(as well as color) all other classes get only two.

NEW SPELLS:
all though not named there are new spells i have devised for pso epsIV, they are as follows(only descriptions sorry):
Foie techs are upped from three kinds to four, the fourth being a kind of wide arc or fire that hits many enimies in front of your char.
Barta techs are also upped from three to four, the fourth being an explosion-esque attack eminating from the air around the char., in the form of spiked shards of ice(kinda like Rafoie but the explosion is around you and goes outward)
Zonde techs are upped from three to four, fourth being a searing hot beam of electricity rolling forth from the char into anyhting in its way(kinda like barta but last half as long a gifoie)
New tech spells involving "earth" element like rockfall or earthquake, groundburst, and avalanche.
New tech spells involving "air" elements like twister(like what the gryphon does but shorter in duration), air arc, "hurricaine", and "air burst"(kinda like foie but "airy")
Light based attacks are upped from 1 to 2, adding a multiple grantz like attack, kinda like the heavens punisher spec. attack but from the ground.
Dark based attacks are upped from 1 to 2, adding a "dark burst" that envelops a group of enemies ina ball of expanding darkness, kinda like rafoie but blacker and more deadly, has a chance of instant kill.
Support spells are upped from 4 to 8, adding a accuracy and speed increasing and decreasing techs, to go allong with shifta, deband, jellen, zalure

FinalHell
Jul 31, 2003, 07:17 PM
An Andriod that could use techs would be neat. Or maybe half human half andriod. Like He can use tech's and is imune to status effect. And can only Regenerate Health.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Jul 31, 2003, 07:25 PM
The ability to mix techniques to create a new one, like Rafoie and Rabarta to make a spiky, explosive ball of ice? Sweet...

Saiffy
Jul 31, 2003, 07:34 PM
hmmm... alot of these ideas i like but some remind me of Everquest *shudders* like the idea of making it a MMORPG i personally wouldnt like that but more detailed chars would be cool like make them have holes in jeans, huge scars across face, and so on.

wonder if ST is reading these and laughing there asses off thinking "How the hell would we make this?"

about the idea of mags shooting that would be great except what would some mags like ChuChu and Chao mags what would they shoot/throw mini sonic dolls? Chao fruits? (In SA and SA2 chao gardens) lol just thought of that would be pretty funny this little cute blue thing throwing fruits at a al rappy (try to run away with my stick of Paku Paku now bitch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2003-07-31 17:50 ]</font>

TheDeepForce_5
Jul 31, 2003, 07:57 PM
Get ready for a LONG....post...

-When trade rooms are created you can ONLY trade in them, AND AND, specialized trading rooms.

-Better values on the rares, actual prices (Musashi- 10,000 Meseta) for them, and a numerical value for how rare each wep is.

-Bigger Blocks, and less lobbies, also we should start in Lobby 12/13 the Dreamcast lobbies, much better looking.

-Downloadable quests, better Simple Mail, and Search Methods, also on the Result screen, show the name your friend is using now and their level.

-A status bar that tells you what floor/level your allies are on.

-NO FUC
KIN ANDROIDS ON OFFICIAL BATTLE MODE.

-A mode that shows you what people have to trade, how good they are, what they've completed on 1P, etc.

-Maybe a point system for making friends or something, like if you get blocked you lose points, so then poeple could see how nice you are in the lobby.

-An online way to report people saying racist/sexist/, whatever comments.

-Sega Reps running around online, and maybe even playing with us.

-Maybe when you first start, you start in a certain room with other newbies, you get assigned a job/class/section W/E you can only play (on your first three missions or online ventures) with people assigned in your group.

-Basically I want EP 4 to be more like the college or whatever you start in, in Final Fantasy 8. I have a long list don't I, but a way bigger Pioneer would be cool, espically like on the opening movie when it shows that big tower (Pioneer).

-Actually forgett he stupid Lobby/Block thing, it should just be different floors.

1F: Check In Lobby
2F: Classroom (for newbs)
3F: Mission Assignments
4F: Marketplace (where you trade and buy items)
5F: Chat Lobby
6F: Expert/Ultimate Lobby
7F: Battle Lobby
8F: Sega Help Lobby (where the Sega reps would be so you can talk to them etc.)

xanoki
Aug 1, 2003, 03:49 PM
I like the floor method thingy.

What I want is to be able to trade in the lobby. Or at least put a shop/store room there, so I don't have to create a game to trade/get items from the bank.

Oh yeah,

DDR style Bemani minigame!!!

philip
Aug 1, 2003, 04:07 PM
One thing: Sega have sad that ep3 will be the last PSO game! But i hope a ep4 will come cuz i really like PSO.

SomMofo
Aug 1, 2003, 04:58 PM
well acctually they said this was gonna be the last PSO revolving around this story arc. i.e. the rico/flowen story arc. so there maybe another full out true sequel in the works with some or most of the things we wrote, we could also try to send a petition to sega or post all of this on their boards at sega.com and maybe they'll see it, hey you never know, if we flood them with TONS of email and snail mail about making a ALL NEW PSO(not a contination) then maybe they'll have to listen, and i mean all of us regardless of what system we play on, its all PSO anyway right??

NATE_DOGG
Aug 12, 2003, 06:15 PM
I dont know if someone said this already but this is just 1 of the ideas I have It could MMORPG where theres clans or people or Battling and sega having battle tournaments and other people searching for rare items that you can only find in the online world of ragol or whatever then still get quest from the hunters guild just a building on the planet and every once in a while a new threat shows in different parts of ragol having different people go to different area taking of newer bosses.

Dragon_Ash
Aug 12, 2003, 07:45 PM
-A Megid Mode!!
-Special camera function and picture editor
-Different looking enemies in all difficulties
-Special GBA version so you can level up whilst somewhere else
-More than 1-2 NPC's in a quest
-Quests that tie in with the storyline
-Boss challenge mode
-Holiday variations of each enemy on and offline, like christmas Boomas that wears hats, but they still have same drop rates
-Level up to level 300
-Use character levels to equip some weapons
-Voice acting in offline mode
-Voice headsets for online
-Downloadable missions almost as soon
as the game comes out. Not half a year after
-Random map generator that recreates the level each time you play it so you never play on the same map
-Smarter NPC's that take orders as well as items you offer them
-Changable background music that can be downloaded from the net
-Enemies that don't stand on the spot and continuously use the same attack over and over and over and....
-special ultra rare non-hack and non-dupable 13 star weapons and armours
-Healing items should be in green boxes, armour in blue boxes, weapons in orange boxes, rare weapons in red boxes, rare armours in white boxes, rare 13 star weapons in purple boxes and rare 13 star armours in black boxes
-Further character customization
-Apartments for characters to store items and change costumes they buy, offline
-More varied levels like a desert, Ice cavern, sky city etc
-Special sega made corruption-free memory cards
-More uses for money like buying stuff for your appartment
-A big shopping mall area where each shop has it's own room not a small little stand
-A special room on pioneer 2 where you can sit talk about trades, weapons what to do next etc.
-Special trade centers/rooms in which you can trade with people in front of Sega monitors who will ban hackers/dupers and thiefs
-Survival mode, in which you can fight infinite amounts of enemies with limited recovery items
-more multiplayer levels. And without the one -hit kill Delsabers
-Up to 6 players in 1 game
-Better graphics like FFXI
-More special events
-Enemies that do not cheat. ie. using zonde through a brick wall
-weapons and armours that are frequently released online
-Different endings
-More FO techs
-Special character ranks each class ie. you could make your humar an assassin or a swordsman or make a Fownewm awizard
-each character in each class has their own ability depending on what they're called. Swordsmans have a bit more atp and ata when using swords, assassin's have a higher chance of killing enemies with one hit kill weapons

Just like a christmas list http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

NKgotmilk
Aug 12, 2003, 08:28 PM
how about mags evolving over time
and depending on how long you have played pso will efect the appearence of your charecter taking into accound how often you use recovery items
including monofluids and you could make auto taunts like whenever you kill a bigger enemey it says stuff like skooooled and such

ryomakuriyami
Aug 12, 2003, 08:39 PM
You'd have to be able to play with your characters from PSOE1+2. And it'd be cool if you could give EXP to other characters- for if you wanted to start a new character but didn't want your time to go to waste.
Pressing Z for another action menu would kick ass. C-stick could be used as either a better targeting system or to jump around and stuff (you wouldn't lose your presets- you can use those with the D-pad).
And definately, definately, definately, DEFINATELY more details in character creation.
Two different weapons would be nice. You could control each one idividually by adding twice as many attack thingies to the list (you know, you choose the symbols to asign to each button and they represent an action. Instead of just attack, hard attack, and extra attack; there would be attack, hard attack, extra attack, attack 2, hard attack 2, and extra attack 2).
And maybe, just maybe, this one could have a story.

vegeta000110
Aug 12, 2003, 08:55 PM
And maybe it could have a Tactical mode where you fight in battle systems similar to FFTA, FFT.

Revyrah
Aug 12, 2003, 10:28 PM
Well these 9 pages have been filled with awesome ideas. I got a couple more for you all tht I don't recall being mentioned.

Ultimate mag evoltuion: Remember way back when Elanor said she is very close to her mag? She can feel it? Well how about being able to make your mag evolve into some type if armor or weapons? Feeding them via magic spells would be pretty cool too.

Like the ADD SLOTS-make add parts to weapons like adding another barrel to a rifle.

Grenades would be nice too. like traps but you can throw them away from you and your party.

Definitely customized attacks, clothes, facial expressions. They can use the Armored Core creation program. Even if you have to by new moves, whatever!

I really like the side step idea, and the hire npc's. Great ideas.
I really love the possible story lines too. Great job guys. I'll try to talk to some friends in high places.
Peace

Dbc
Aug 13, 2003, 12:35 AM
There will be no more PSO!!!! only PSOII:) these ideas sound great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dbc on 2003-08-12 22:35 ]</font>

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 13, 2003, 12:42 AM
it makes me cry to see the end of pso flowen rico series.

Revyrah
Aug 13, 2003, 09:57 PM
I don't think that will really be tha last of them. Some how in some way they will make some kind of reference to the 2 characters who made the game so great.
I just got some more ideas for the next PSO.

What if they sega head honchos could keep track of all the progress some of the best players make and make a computer choose one of our hunter's info and or image at random and implement that character into a storyline in a quest. That way in essence we will be recognized as true heros of the game.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 13, 2003, 11:05 PM
o_O..I think the idea of being able to see armor equipped is good. First game I ever saw that on was Legend of Legaia.

An atomizer to heal tp of surrounding allies.
Increase inventory size.

Allow more than x10 of each item.

Being able to find multiple-item drop, like monomate x4, instead of everything 1 by 1.

Better level restrictions for items, but not limited by user ability.

Hard drive and multiple discs for installation, video, and a play disc.

Cast rate for spells, and spell failure/success rate. Enemies can also fail while casting a spell.

Enemies follow you wherever you go, no safe area.

Better puzzle than "Step on 2-4 switches to pass"

Sub bosses for each area.

Better dialogue...

Ability to revive a fallen NPC during a quest.

Skill gain and profession.

Craftable armor and weapons.

And so on o_O

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 13, 2003, 11:12 PM
My imagination isn't here now but I like the fully cutomizible character thing.

Revyrah
Aug 15, 2003, 05:03 AM
Hey Dark, you got a lot of good ideas goin.
They should allow you to buy new outfits and appearances like in those wrestling games. Maybe unlock them during quests.:/

Dragon_Ash
Aug 15, 2003, 05:21 AM
On 2003-08-15 03:03, Revyrah wrote:
Hey Dark, you got a lot of good ideas goin.
They should allow you to buy new outfits and appearances like in those wrestling games. Maybe unlock them during quests.:/

I would like a place to change them like your own dressing room, why keep wasting 10000 meseta all the time just to change an eye patch or hair colour?

I want to submit some ideas to sonic team, but I wonder if they'll look at them...

ChaosBooma
Aug 15, 2003, 05:47 AM
On 2003-07-23 04:59, xanoki wrote:

EP IV

(more clothes, can design eyes, tatoos, scars etc.) definatly agree
More character classes
(More variation, and less clones in lobbies) agree
More Weapons
(nuff said, the more the merrier) definatly agree
More levels
(MOre exploring means more gameplay, and more fun) agreeHigher level maximum
(the ability to go to level 300, or higher) agree
(not a black costumed HUmar with a gun) ummm.i quite like them as they areUp to 5 members in a team
(more people, more co-operation, if you have more than 3 friends) agree
More techs for FO's
(imho, FO's are still outclassed slightly by HUmars and RAmarls) 500% agree
New armour/shield stuff
(when you equip ANY armour or shield, you can see the change on your character) definatly agree
New EXTREME rare items
(Gold or even silver boxes!) 1000% agree
Voice chat
(well, it would be nice....) ummm.the voice files might take up a lot of room plus i like no voicesNew mags
(well they made EPII rare mags, why not EPIV?) agree
New photon blasts
(Cool! Or even the ability to capture some enemies and use them as photon blasts?) agree

my answers are in bold next to the idea.those ideas are really good.i wouldn't have thought of half of them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaosBooma on 2003-08-15 03:50 ]</font>

RaikoStormX
Aug 15, 2003, 09:32 AM
I think Sonic Team should make more options for offline play, also, since many people don't have the privledge to go online for PSO. Like a few more quests, a lobby with characters that randomize every once in a while....

ChaosBooma
Aug 15, 2003, 09:49 AM
yeah.lets just hope it doesn't turn into runescape.you get nothing new unless you pay 5 dollars a month(basically like pso online)

SomMofo
Aug 15, 2003, 02:13 PM
Pressing Z for another action menu would kick ass. C-stick could be used as either a better targeting system or to jump around and stuff (you wouldn't lose your presets- you can use those with the D-pad). You could control each one idividually by adding twice as many attack thingies to the list (you know, you choose the symbols to asign to each button and they represent an action. Instead of just attack, hard attack, and extra attack; there would be attack, hard attack, extra attack, attack 2, hard attack 2, and extra attack 2).

hey maybe they should make an all new controller with more buttons specifically for PSO, like have 10 buttons plus the d-pad and the c-pad and a-pad, so you could customize everybutton and not just limited to 6 custom butttons.

Nei3rd
Aug 15, 2003, 02:27 PM
I'd say there should be times in levels where you can see the ghosts of those from Pioneer 1. Since DF is dead and the souls of those from P1 are freed we can see what they were doing right before DF blew em away and absorbed their souls. Also maybe see Rico's ghost about to fight DF. Maybe at times when you enter a dark room and turn the lights back on the room can be different, like if there is blood dripping down the walls or if it's in a totally different area (IE like outside, or a different place). The only way to change it back is to kill a certain enemy or do something special.

There should be a ranking system for each area. After defeating the boss the game would tally up the amount of hits taken, max damage done, enemies defeated, items dropped, boxes destroyed, and how much of the map you explored. Each rank would give you a certain amount of exp recieved. Getting A or S would net you a great amount of exp and maybe a few materials.

ChaosBooma
Aug 15, 2003, 02:31 PM
On 2003-08-15 12:27, Nei3rd wrote:
I'd say there should be times in levels where you can see the ghosts of those from Pioneer 1. Since DF is dead and the souls of those from P1 are freed we can see what they were doing right before DF blew em away and absorbed their souls. Also maybe see Rico's ghost about to fight DF. Maybe at times when you enter a dark room and turn the lights back on the room can be different, like if there is blood dripping down the walls or if it's in a totally different area (IE like outside, or a different place). The only way to change it back is to kill a certain enemy or do something special.

There should be a ranking system for each area. After defeating the boss the game would tally up the amount of hits taken, max damage done, enemies defeated, items dropped, boxes destroyed, and how much of the map you explored. Each rank would give you a certain amount of exp recieved. Getting A or S would net you a great amount of exp and maybe a few materials.

uhh thanks.i just started and know very little of the plot.i wanted to find out by playing myself.maybe next time you should put *SPOILERS* at the top of your post

Logical2u
Aug 15, 2003, 02:52 PM
I'm lazy, so I'm sorry if I stole someone's idea.

1. Insert new weapon types, not just amplifiers. Stuff like Double Rifles (ow my arms!) and single mechguns.
2. Someone said implement level requirements on weapons. I agree totally.
3. Have some Human specific ability like automatic restoration of hp/tp but 3 times slower then the android/newman restoration at that level.
4. Have a keyboard packaged WITH the game!
5. PAUSING! This CANT be stressed enough. You could make it like Starcraft. Two pauses a game, it pauses everyones game, but they can restart it.