PDA

View Full Version : 4 characters may be the reason for corruption.

ValiusTrigger
Jul 23, 2003, 07:34 AM
I remember very clearly that Every one who said they were currupt that they had 4 characters.

I swear by the .... by the .. Well I am telling the truth when I say I never got currputed until I made a fourth character.

It happened maybe 5 or 5 and a half hours after I made my fourth character.

But I had like 45 hour before that(I thought I only had 20 hrs btw but it was more), and I didn't currput NOT UNTIL I MADE THAT FOURTH CHARACTER!

Mods please don't move this topic...
I don't think it will get the attention it needs in the "rants" area.

RuneScapeMan
Jul 23, 2003, 07:38 AM
Man that's true...
At least that everyone who corrupted had 4 characters.
Let's just wait and see shall we =D.

zimmk2vgc
Jul 23, 2003, 09:55 AM
Na sorry, your theory is wrong mate. It was when I was training my second character that I had had for a while i corrupted for NO reason what so ever, so scrap your idea mate.

happyalloy
Jul 23, 2003, 09:57 AM
The only time I corrupted was early on when I only had 2 chars on the card; now I have 3 cards each with 4 characters, and my fiancee has 2 cards each with 4 characters; and we've not corrupted since November *knocks on wood*

Dhylec
Jul 23, 2003, 10:01 AM
i have 3 mc's w/4 chars on each..
mc1: lv88, lv103, lv133, lv78 <- nothing yet
mc2: lv36, lv32, lv33, lv8 <- nothing yet
mc3: lv15, lv1, lv1, lv14 <- nothing yet
so u decide.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 10:06 AM
I think that's just a coincidence. I'd guess most people already have 4 characters per memory card. I do.

lordinviso
Jul 23, 2003, 11:33 AM
Pure nonsense. There is no proof just bad luck.

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:39 AM
People say corruption offline is caused by using a Memory Card 251 for Gamcube, the black one. I should know, it happened to me on a 251.

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 11:40 AM
I use one and I've never been corrupted.

Yoda86
Jul 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
Corruption doesn't happen in offline play unless you turn the power off while its saving. You might get a black screen that says an error occured, please consult the GC Manual. But that's not corruption, just an error that affects your characters in no way at all (except the one you are playing on when it happens, you lose everything since last save).

Fortunately this one does not happen too often, phew...

s.TiNgEr
Jul 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
big coincidence... i guess o_O

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 11:46 AM
On 2003-07-23 09:43, Yoda86 wrote:
Corruption doesn't happen in offline play unless you turn the power off while its saving. You might get a black screen that says an error occured, please consult the GC Manual. But that's not corruption, just an error that affects your characters in no way at all (except the one you are playing on when it happens, you lose everything since last save).

Fortunately this one does not happen too often, phew...

My cousin almost corrupted me once. She's like....6. And I had just hit Save & Quit and she ran over and turend the gamecube off. Luckily it hadn't started saving again, but I started over my character data a few days later anyway.

XavierDreamknight
Jul 23, 2003, 01:39 PM
o0 I use the 251 Mem card also and it hasn't corrupted me. Why would a 251 mem card have a better chance to corruption over the 59 mem card.

Bit
Jul 23, 2003, 01:49 PM
It's because it's not an official memory card, and can be unstable, and tend not to work properly. I've had problems with unofficial controllers, while my official nintendo controllers still work as good as they ever did.

Reenee
Jul 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-07-23 11:49, Bit wrote:
It's because it's not an official memory card, and can be unstable, and tend not to work properly. I've had problems with unofficial controllers, while my official nintendo controllers still work as good as they ever did.

Bit, the 251's from Nintendo.

satoshi1
Jul 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-07-23 11:49, Bit wrote:

The memory card 251 IS an official memory card. Look at the style of it, look at the packaging, it's OFFICIAL.

xanoki
Jul 23, 2003, 01:53 PM
Unofficial memory cards ( this may be UK only ) NEVER EVER work online. As soon as you step onto the lobby you disconnect and are told you have become corrupted, delete character file yes no?

This is because Nintendo and Sega want to make a point about 3rd party peripherals, like the most USB memory cards. So they don't work online.

Bit
Jul 23, 2003, 02:05 PM
Bah.

Nevermind.

Well, I was talking about the ones from companies such as Mad Catz. Those aren't offcial, aye?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-07-23 12:06 ]</font>

Joe-Azlin
Jul 23, 2003, 02:26 PM
The first two memory cards I had got corrupted and they both only had one character on them. So that again proves that your theory is wrong.

DarkShinjaru
Jul 23, 2003, 02:32 PM
I use a Pelican memory card, but offline only..so yeah, corruption-free =^-^=

gallaugher
Jul 23, 2003, 02:40 PM
I've heard the 251 uses a higher compression & that increases the chance for corruption.

However, I'd take that one with a grain of salt.

Naagata_Clan
Jul 23, 2003, 02:44 PM
Well, in personal experience corruption just happens. My first corruption occured when I just had 2 chars. My second corruption... was FSOD... so I got real mad at that one. But that's it. They both occured within a month with each other, and it's been a few months and nothing yet. I just think it's all dumb luck. And from what I've noticed, it also occurs if you constantly jump between teams and ships... at least that's how my FSOD happened....

ValiusTrigger
Jul 23, 2003, 06:39 PM
Well thanks for the input guy’s/beautiful girls (if there are any at all)
Some of you agreed with me and thought that was weird.(those were the cool people!)
Some lied and said they got corrupted with less then 4 character.(their entitled to their opinions, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make fun of them for it)
Some said that they have 4 characters and have never corrupted. (they probably don’t play online that much, use a BBA, or just are plan out lucky)

zimmk2vgc (whos name makes it hard to pronounce)
said” Na sorry, your theory is wrong mate. It was when I was training my second character that I had had for a while i corrupted for NO reason what so ever, so scrap your idea mate. “

You mean just give up, and stop believing?!
Wow and I thought Sol Badguy was mean!
I really ment to say I think your odds are a lot high with the more Characters you have.

Has anyone corrupted with just one character?

happyalloy
said
”*knocks on wood* “
it’s not going to help your still going to corrupt.

Dhylec
said
”i have 3 mc's w/4 chars on each..
mc1: lv88, lv103, lv133, lv78 <- nothing yet
mc2: lv36, lv32, lv33, lv8 <- nothing yet
mc3: lv15, lv1, lv1, lv14 <- nothing yet
so u decide..”

How many hours of game play while on line?
I didn’t start playing on line until my character WAS lvl 108

Mirian (who changed almost the lintier topic about memory cards)
said
”People say corruption offline is caused by using a Memory Card 251 for Gamcube, the black one. I should know, it happened to me on a 251. “

This is mostly about on line corruption, Hints it happens mostly on line….

DarkShinjaru
said
”I use a Pelican memory card, but offline only..so yeah, corruption-free =^-^=”
zzzZZZzzZZzZzZZ
OH! Are you still talking about memory cards?

Naagata_Clan
Well she just tried putting us back on the right track..

ValiusTrigger
Jul 23, 2003, 06:41 PM
Joe-Azlin

said he only had one....
But I don't know...
Maybe I would beleive him more if some other people said the same.

but he's the only one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif