PDA

View Full Version : HUcaseal vs. HUcast

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 09:49 AM
I think that HUcaseals are better. Sure HUcasts can have the highest power in the game, but I just made my first HUcaseal and im currently level 37. First off she begins with the same power as a HUcast and lots more ata (by the guide here anyways). Then after seeing her level....the lowest power I have got is 5 and most are 6 or 7 (mainly 7). Also almost all of the time I level I get +1 ATA. So she gets good power and her ata is really good which HUcast sucks at. I think shes better. What do you all think?

RuneScapeMan
Jul 23, 2003, 10:10 AM
HUcast get 1 ata each level too in the beginning.
But HUcast has more HP, DEF and A LOT more atp.
HUcaseal has much more ata and much more evp so...
I guess HUcaseal since she has much evp, he has sucking ata.
So HUcast will miss all the freaking time.

Obscenity
Jul 23, 2003, 10:12 AM
I like them both, but HUcaseals look way cooler.

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 10:14 AM
yea my HUcaseal is green with purple hair thats like metal or something it looks cool

lain2k3
Jul 23, 2003, 10:21 AM
I think that hucaseals are better as well. the hucast has quite a bit less ata at higher levels, which means he will need to wear an extra god/arm than the hucaseal (if at all). hucasts also have worse attack animation than hucaseals, which means they will usually need a god/battle too, where as on the hucaseal, a god/battle is overkill on the speed of her attacks. the hucast has more attack power, but the hucaseal can use those extra slots on her armor to equip a couple PB creates, which will charge up a hunters mylla and youlla PB much faster which will even out their atp and dfp, leaving the hucaseal with higher evp and ata as the only differences. this difference can also be made up with the special on s-reds blades, which hucaseal can actually use effectively for the attacks as well as shifta and deband.

and, of course, hucaseals look cool.

HaLLa
Jul 23, 2003, 10:47 AM
I think HUcaseals would be better for CMode too. Even though I beat it with HUcast

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 11:12 AM
Heheh easy think about it two machines what of male stature the other female stature if you have seen terminator3 we all know the female would woop his ass . Plus the hucaseal looks more like it could do damage exspecialy the real short little ones that roll through the lobby.

Mirian
Jul 23, 2003, 11:27 AM
Puncuation... use it!

Reiya
Jul 23, 2003, 02:41 PM
Punctuation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ether
Jul 23, 2003, 03:03 PM
*twitch*

No one voted for HUcast? Are you all insane? HUcaseal has a whole 1 advantage, ata. EVP is garbage and you all know it. In every other stat, HUcast dominates her. I dont see how you can argue Hucaseal being better, when HUcast has over 300 more atp, 75 dfp, 382 hp, and to top it off, a heck of a lot more traps

HUcaseal has 27 ata. Wow.

Obscenity
Jul 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-07-23 13:03, Ether wrote:
*twitch*

No one voted for HUcast? Are you all insane? HUcaseal has a whole 1 advantage, ata. EVP is garbage and you all know it. In every other stat, HUcast dominates her. I dont see how you can argue Hucaseal being better, when HUcast has over 300 more atp, 75 dfp, 382 hp, and to top it off, a heck of a lot more traps

Yeah, but HUcaseal looks cooler.

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 03:34 PM
I think Hucast in a way looks cooler but Hucaseal looks like it could rip it apart, but Im all for the hucast, but damn the hucaseal just looks evil.

Elixer
Jul 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
My opinion HUcast is much better. Yes HUcaseal has better ata but I have experience with both hunters with the low ata (HUnewearl and HUcast) and with some elf/arms and some dex on your mag there is no need to worry about hitting the monsters. HUcast also has the highest HP of the hunters. At a higher level you will appreciate being a HUcast more then a HUcaseal I think. But they are both good characters I just prefer HUcast.

lain2k3
Jul 23, 2003, 03:44 PM
Evp is great, much better than higher hp/defense. In ultimate, hucaseals block like 2/3 of the attempted hits of the enemies, hucasts get their whole 75 more dfp to take that damage, which cuts off about 7 damage, while the hucaseal stands there and takes about 1/3 as much because of evp.

NeiLast
Jul 23, 2003, 03:51 PM
HUcast.

The ATA difference is only a problem if you don't put DEX on your mag.

Otherwise, the extra dex on the mag for the HUcast means less POW on the mag for him, but even then he has more ATP.

Then, he has more DFP. EVP is good on a HUCaseal, which is actually high enough to be useful if you max it, but it is rarely that useful.

HUcaseal is a little better on the attack animations, but only really for daggers in my experience.

In the end, they are very similar if you raise the mag the same except that:

HUcaseal will get hit slightly less often due to evp.
HUcast will have a lot more HP, which is significant when you are trying to take on DF as early as possible, and otherwise they'll be about the same.

THe game is primarily about ATP for hunters, with HP being the second most important thing.
ATA is important, but its easy to fix with units and a properly raised MAG.

My HUcast has 64 DEX on the mag, and has no trouble hitting things.

My friend's same level HUCaseal has about as much ATA and less ATP, DFP, and HP.

Obscenity
Jul 23, 2003, 04:00 PM
On 2003-07-23 13:51, NeiLast wrote:
HUcast.

The ATA difference is only a problem if you don't put DEX on your mag.

Otherwise, the extra dex on the mag for the HUcast means less POW on the mag for him, but even then he has more ATP.

Then, he has more DFP. EVP is good on a HUCaseal, which is actually high enough to be useful if you max it, but it is rarely that useful.

HUcaseal is a little better on the attack animations, but only really for daggers in my experience.

In the end, they are very similar if you raise the mag the same except that:

HUcaseal will get hit slightly less often due to evp.
HUcast will have a lot more HP, which is significant when you are trying to take on DF as early as possible, and otherwise they'll be about the same.

THe game is primarily about ATP for hunters, with HP being the second most important thing.
ATA is important, but its easy to fix with units and a properly raised MAG.

My HUcast has 64 DEX on the mag, and has no trouble hitting things.

My friend's same level HUCaseal has about as much ATA and less ATP, DFP, and HP.

Yeah, but HUcaseal has a nicer butt.

Lucas2k4
Jul 23, 2003, 04:08 PM
o_O;; Made of metal?

Smile
Jul 23, 2003, 04:13 PM
HUcast.

evp doesnt matter against bosses, who will hit u anyways. it's all about surviving the attack, so more hp=good.

although you see 93895719872370 HUcasts online (including myself) and it's nice to stand out from the crowd.

Murky_Death
Jul 23, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-07-23 13:03, Ether wrote:
*twitch*

i'm with you. who gives a damn if hucaseal has a lil more ata. if u know how to play pso which obviously some of you don't, then you would know that you can make your mag give you better stats... all you have to do is make ur mag a dex mag and u are good on ata. you freaking dupers just don't know how to play the game all u wanna do is get better stuff and brag about how much %s your damn dark flow has. "OO my dark flow has 90% hit!". dupers are the dumbest people put on the face of the earth.

Rudoku
Jul 23, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-07-23 14:08, Lucas2k4 wrote:
o_O;; Made of metal?

Polished to the Nth degree...HUcaseal because of looks. I don't care about stats, unless they are FOs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-07-23 14:36 ]</font>

Frozt
Jul 23, 2003, 06:38 PM
plus when I get another mem card I think im going to make a Hucast.

and Hucast looks like KIKAIDER! YAY!

xovinu
Jul 23, 2003, 07:53 PM
The ATA difference is more important then some of you are willing to believe. It's not as simple as adding more DEX to your mag or adding some god or elf/arm units to make up for it. The whole problem is the HUcast's max ATA. Take a HUcast with maxed ATA anywhere beyond the caves and you'll be swinging at air. Unless you're lucky enough to find really great weapons with a hit bonus, you're going to swing at air an excesive amount of the time or rely on weaker weapons with bonuses just so you can connect.

On the other hand, a HUcast excells in every stat except ATA and EVP, and they get more traps. With the most HP out of any character when it actually matters, and an insane amount of ATP, the HUcast is overall better in my opinion.

Still it was a tough choice, a HUcaseal's ATA almost swung the balance in her favor for me. But if I ever get a hold of a red sword like I've always wanted, or finally get around to earning my srank sword which is more likely to happen, I'll probably break down into tears. Cause I once I break it out in the ruins, I'll just end up getting pummelled by Arlans as my sword passes through their bodies as if they are an another plane.

_brainchild
Jul 23, 2003, 08:06 PM
Thank you xovinu, if only more people posted with your gramatical skills, I would have a much easier time trying to deduce what the hell they are trying to say.

...and I like RAcaseal better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Toruxxx
Jul 24, 2003, 12:28 AM
HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast HUcast
are the best cant get better!! u hear me!!! lol

Shinnosuke
Jul 24, 2003, 12:49 AM
Metal butts, eh? No metal butt can jiggle like that. It's gotta be silicon... *cough*

Anyways. I have 2 LV 130+ HUcaseals and two of my buddies are HUcasts, as well, so I'll state what I've witnessed thus far...

ATA DOES matter... Sure...HUcaseals have less DFP and HP but does that really matter when you can't get hit? (except against bosses) ATA doesn't only ensure landing a hit but it also ensures that YOU won't take a hit (assuming that you know what you're doing). A hit stuns an enemy. A stunned enemy will have a tough time hitting you. If you miss, on the other hand, it's open season on your face. EVP speaks for itself. Another thing that I've noticed is that high DFP can actually get you killed a lot faster against normal monsters. When surrounded or against enemies that hit twice, being knocked on your butt is a lot better than being comboed. (You will WANT to get knocked on your rear before you will want to take every missle a Baranz has to offer) Give them a HP-draining weapon and let their accuracy make them long-lasting beyond belief.

Of course...I've also had a bit of HUcast envy lately. A HUcast of the same level might miss half the time, but...when he does hit, he hits...HARD. Twice as hard as a HUcaseal, actually. No, not even a DEX MAG can fix his ATA problem. Even when maxed out, it's still only 191 and it DOES matter. Of course...finding a BIG weapon with a good % to hit can fix that and spell trouble for those feeble pansy monsters. Against bosses their DFP and HP help a whole bunch.

In the long run, it's down to personal preference. Would you prefer to be a powerful and intimidating Barbarian-type or a swift and deadly ninja?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinnosuke on 2003-07-23 23:03 ]</font>

Murky_Death
Jul 24, 2003, 01:13 AM
ok i REALLY dont' think you people are actually trying what you are saying. if you would try, then you would know that a dex mag can significantly increase ata enough to hit every time.and uh, god arms are very good. i have 3 equipped with my hucast and i hit EVERY SINGLE TIME on ultimate ruins and i have 195 pow sato so i get no dex from that. and yea when you get surrounded by guys and can't escape, it's convienent to just fall down. but did you ever think of just using a tp and going back to town? they won't hover over your telepipe waiting for you to get back. it's not like that 350 meseta is gonna mean the diff between life or death! you people just dont know how to think!!! ALL YOU STUPID HUCASEAL PEOPLE ARE FREAKING !#%@$ @$#@$#@ $@#$ #@$ @#$ @#$ #@$.

umbrella
Jul 24, 2003, 01:30 AM
I don't get androids...... how can they have low def..... they're metal!!!!!!!!!!
I like the hucaseal better, premarily because of her look...
I mean......... Hucast..... please..........
ugly....

elfin
Jul 24, 2003, 02:21 AM
Ok, here goes... The bottom line is that the HUcast can do everything the HUcaseal can do, and then some... I have a lvl 157 HUcast. My friend has a lvl 181 Hucaseal... If you would compare the two of them it comes down to this... In every single area except Seabed i compare or excell in just about everything that REALLY matters... And we all no what that is, dont we... Damage over time!... I have a Diska of Braveman with 35% hit, An LK mechgun with 35% hit, and a meteor cudgel with no percents on hit... We all no how hard it can be to hit monsters in seabed, but with a good and alert Force in the team its not that much of a problem... lvl 30 zalure and 20 ice traps does wonders really... My friend actually agrees with me in this matter.. Hell, the RAcast has better ATP than the HUcaseal! Thats just sad... Its a shame that the HUcaseal isnt better than she is... She is without a doubt the coolest looking character in the game, period....

P.S. IMO D.S

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarkShinjaru
Jul 24, 2003, 02:22 AM
I'm a HUcast cause uh, my HUcaseal sucks. o_O I dont care for the new classes, I stick to the old ones..been usin HUcast since I've first started PSO. Techniques suck. Stunning enemies with ata,weeeeeeeeee. Freeze traps, holms. Damage+freeze gives an extra hit+freezes em good. And if you noticed, maybe 1% of players usin weps with no hit % whatsoever. HUcasts with 35%+ hit weps can easily surpass a HUcaseal. Just try to stay away from melee combat if you don't think you can handle it.
I prefer slicers over any wep, then mechguns and a doube saber. Ult + Android - God Battle= screwed with melee