PDA

View Full Version : ----=FF7 gamers come=-----

gamerdell7
Jul 23, 2003, 10:07 AM
I began listening to cloud's theme just now(thanks to Kazaa)and lots of Experiences in the game just flooded back in to my mind(suggested to listen to music from the game if you want memories of it to come back).

Playing against Weapon....Getting to Cosmo Canyon without knowing how to equip other weapons(Stayed with the buster sword the whole time lol)....Aeris's Death....fighting Jenova with the sad theme song on...)

Have you ever thought about picking up your dusty Playstation(if you haven't been playing lately) and putting that great game in and give it another go?

I know I am!

SorceressofTime
Jul 23, 2003, 10:26 AM
i've already re-started ff7 a few days ago on my ps2. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Davion
Jul 23, 2003, 10:32 AM
I've been playing the PC version through again, but for some reason it keeps freezing right at the Chocobo races.

Bad_Dreams99
Jul 23, 2003, 10:57 AM
Ya whoo! FF7!!! but really, ill play it soon, it is the best ff out there

s.TiNgEr
Jul 23, 2003, 11:04 AM
On 2003-07-23 08:07, gamerdell7 wrote:
I began listening to cloud's theme just now(thanks to Kazaa)and lots of Experiences in the game just flooded back in to my mind(suggested to listen to music from the game if you want memories of it to come back).

Playing against Weapon....Getting to Cosmo Canyon without knowing how to equip other weapons(Stayed with the buster sword the whole time lol)....Aeris's Death....fighting Jenova with the sad theme song on...)

Have you ever thought about picking up your dusty Playstation(if you haven't been playing lately) and putting that great game in and give it another go?

I know I am!

Oh yea! I beat the gAMe again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nie
Jul 23, 2003, 01:10 PM
I would be playing it...

My freind let me borrow it for the PC, but it freezes and the program closes when I get to race in the chocobo races. Any ideas or else I'm stuck in prison forever!!!!

PS. I'm using a windows XP home edition system.

SubstanceD
Jul 23, 2003, 01:21 PM
Several months ago ( before PSO GC and other decent GC games ) I was board out of my mind and had nothing better to do so I deceded to have another go at Final Fanatsy VII, I think I completly lost interest just right before You meet Cid for the very first time, I have not played it since nor do I have any desire to play it again any time soon.

Final Fantasy VII is a good rpg, highly overated but still prety damn good. For me it is just not worth playing through over again. The first time I played it and beat it I thought it was the best game ever, the secnd time I played it from start to finish I began to see it for what it trully was, a good game ( not great, good ) hindered by many tiny flaws. After my third complte go at Final Fanatsy VII the magic just no longer was there. As I said before it is good BUT FOR ME ( and this is MY point of view, MY opinion, the way I feel ) it is not worth playing over and over again, Final Fantasy VII's storyline, it's main saving grace just seems less and less impressive everytime I play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-07-23 11:31 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Jul 23, 2003, 01:27 PM
Davion, Nei, sorry to hear about your copies freezing. Last I heard Eidos ( I think they published the PC version ) did a crappy version converting FFVII to the PC, that the PC version is almost unplayable, to be honest I am not surprised that your copies are freezing on you. In order to get the most out of this game you really should own the PS FFVII disc and you should be running it on a PS1 or a PS2.

Nie
Jul 23, 2003, 01:28 PM
Thanx for the info,

*eeks away from you, Your mood scares me!!!!!

s.TiNgEr
Jul 23, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-07-23 11:10, Nie wrote:
I would be playing it...

My freind let me borrow it for the PC, but it freezes and the program closes when I get to race in the chocobo races. Any ideas or else I'm stuck in prison forever!!!!

PS. I'm using a windows XP home edition system.

maybe your comp cant support the graphics?

geewj
Jul 23, 2003, 02:22 PM
Im replaying FF8 right now. Then Chrono Trigger, then Chrono Cross, then FFVII...

Reenee
Jul 23, 2003, 02:25 PM
Is anyone here uppity about the possible sequel to FF7? Sequels seem to be catching on now...

Kent
Jul 23, 2003, 02:38 PM
Didn't Square already smack that rumor?

geewj
Jul 23, 2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing about it a long time ago. I'm just not gonna think or care about it. If it comes out then its a nice supprise, if it doesnt then I wsn't expecting it, so eh.

gamerdell7
Jul 24, 2003, 01:58 AM
They should make a sequal... Maybe Aeris can be revived somehow! I remember when my cousin liked using her(one of his best characters) during the first disc. But then she died...

Guile
Jul 24, 2003, 01:59 AM
I just started playing one of my old saves again, I'm on the hunt for Aeris.

gamerdell7
Jul 24, 2003, 02:05 AM
what's your characters highest lvl?

I remember my bro. got my characters to lvl 99.
Using Cloud,Tifa, and Cait Sith.

Of course you know the best team is Cloud, Tifa, and Barret(all 3 Limit breaks have multiple hits).

Guile
Jul 24, 2003, 02:10 AM
I use Nanaki, Cloud, and Cid cuz they use sword type weaps so they hit for high damage, 9999 each. Also they have good limit breaks.
I have them at 99.
Problem is when you get this high there is no need for much magic or summons, really only Knights, Hades, and Pheonix.
4x cut is the best!

gamerdell7
Jul 24, 2003, 02:37 AM
Nanaki?

Zolpner
Jul 24, 2003, 02:44 AM
I used to play a FF game every holiday but I only just PSO so I don't see myself starting up again soon.
I heard about that sequal aswel (But like 3 years ago).
I was also a little dissapointed when I found out what the FF movie was about, because me and my friend always played around and said that it would be really cool if they made a movie based on the FFVII story.
Also my other friend (who I don't really believe about this) says that one of his friends told him that you could (still with me?) somehow get Barret killed instead of Aeris, don't ask me, I never researched it because I didn't believe him.

Perhaps I will pick up and start playing a FF game soon, maybe...

C'ya

Nanaki is Red XIII's real name, I used to call him it after I played FFVII the first time too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-07-24 00:45 ]</font>

gamerdell7
Jul 24, 2003, 02:53 AM
oh, thats right, lol. I forget things...

SorceressofTime
Jul 24, 2003, 05:02 AM
hahaha oh the times when i maxed out the game. XD all characters lvl 99 with all limit breaks and ultimate weapons.
getting doubles of the master materias by actuallyleveling them up (- that means i mastered knights of the round table twice) O.o;;; and defeating all the weapons... though after defeating the last one (ruby weapon), i didn't want to save the game coz that was the only thing i got to do left so i didn't save. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
oh and i maxed out the time as well as having too much money. >_>

LostHero
Jul 24, 2003, 05:20 AM
I've played that game about 9 times all the way through and the only thing I haven't done is gotten Aeries' final limit break, and ultimate weapon legitly before she dies -_-

My old GF would spend hours raising and racing chocobos, good times.

Kizaragu
Jul 24, 2003, 06:51 AM
Ah the greatness that is Final Fantasy 7. Hundreds of hours I've clocked up on that (Although the timer can go no Higher than 99:99... Not a lot to do where I live!). Definetley my Favourite game of all time, Alhough I do agree it's not without it's flaws.
I think to be honest FFX is a better game but my love for 7 just gets in the way and just won't leave my top spot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

As for a FF7 sequel I really don't want it to happen! They'll just ruin the memory of it and it won't be the same. Maybe a remake? Not on PS2 though, leave it for PS3.

(I know the rumours aren't completely false, I read an Interview with the creator CantrememberhisnameOthehorror-san and he said his team did have a lot of interest in doing something with FF7 as it held a special place in their hearts.)

Artemidorus
Jul 24, 2003, 09:37 AM
this is FREAKY! I've been contemplating whether or not to play FF7 for about a week, but I'm afraid I'll get too addicted to it (like I always do...) Well, thanks to this thread, I think I'll go play it in my good ol' PS2.
Who's everyones most used characters?
Mine are Yuffie, Cloud (duh), and either Cid, Red, or Tifa.
Vincent is so cool, but I don't like his limit break so I only use him when i'm wondering around and aimlessly leveling up.

s.TiNgEr
Jul 24, 2003, 10:41 AM
On 2003-07-23 23:58, gamerdell7 wrote:
They should make a sequal... Maybe Aeris can be revived somehow! I remember when my cousin liked using her(one of his best characters) during the first disc. But then she died...

.... revived? I'm not sure..

rena-ko
Jul 24, 2003, 11:16 AM
hm... i think you could revive her in the japanese version, but they took that out for either the us- or the eu-version...

(hm, has to play pc-version again, or at least listen to the soundtrack...)

gamerdell7
Jul 24, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-07-24 07:37, Artemidorus wrote:
this is FREAKY! I've been contemplating whether or not to play FF7 for about a week, but I'm afraid I'll get too addicted to it (like I always do...) Well, thanks to this thread, I think I'll go play it in my good ol' PS2.
Who's everyones most used characters?
Mine are Yuffie, Cloud (duh), and either Cid, Red, or Tifa.
Vincent is so cool, but I don't like his limit break so I only use him when i'm wondering around and aimlessly leveling up.

lol, glad to have made this topic.
and of course I didn't really mean it for Aeris should be revived. Maybe the next game is about Cloud's love? Who does he like anyways? Remember in FF7 when you can date either tifa or aeris?(depends on who you use the most). I remember my cousin lieing about how you can date Yuffie(lol) instead.

Nidarrock
Jul 24, 2003, 11:43 AM
I played the snot out of FF VII almost to the extreme of Sorceress of Time. I maxed all materia at least once. I felt I did everything the game allowed. Would I do it again? No, not really. There are too many games out there to spend the time FF VII(or any FF game) requires. Also after picking up one of the FF generation music CDs I went back and did the final boss again for the fun of it. My biggest gripe to this day on FF games is the audio. Still FF VII got me back into RPGs, it is a great game.

Kizaragu
Jul 24, 2003, 12:44 PM
On 2003-07-24 09:19, gamerdell7 wrote:

lol, glad to have made this topic.
and of course I didn't really mean it for Aeris should be revived. Maybe the next game is about Cloud's love? Who does he like anyways? Remember in FF7 when you can date either tifa or aeris?(depends on who you use the most). I remember my cousin lieing about how you can date Yuffie(lol) instead.

I've heard from several reliable sources that you could go on a date with Yuffie. Depending on How you treated Each girl (In game and Battle). Apparently if you'd treated them all that badly you'd end up going on a 'Date' with Barret. Nevr had it happened but they were reliable sources.

Nidarrock
Jul 24, 2003, 03:51 PM
One reason for the slight resurgance of FF VII-2 rumors were in a recent EGM. In the gossip section they mentioned FF VII-2 as a possible canidate for the handheld Playstation. Rumors is all it is.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 25, 2003, 10:32 AM
Ive only ever really played through FF7 once, and i thought it was a good game. It was the second RPG i really played after PSO. Originally when i got the game with my PSONE i really hated it, i didnt like having to wait to attack things, but after awhile i got used to it. And the story line really dragged me in. In the end it took me about 5 months of on and off playing to complete the game, and i enjoyed that fact because i can nomrally complete games in like a couple of days,

Oh, and i had somewhere a thing about how you could get the date thing with Barret, but i cant find it now.

gamerdell7
Jul 25, 2003, 10:59 AM
YOu can really go on a date/hang out with barret?!?!?!? Jeebus...... I gotta try that....

Nidarrock
Jul 25, 2003, 11:12 AM
Yes you can. If I'm not mistaken the Brady games Strategy Guide should tell you how. I would have to dig that out to get the answer.

Artemidorus
Jul 25, 2003, 08:43 PM
well the yuffie thing is a total yes! Its much more than a rumor, cuz I've done it twice! and its cute, too! She's my favorite character since she eventually kicks so much booty uh... *insert witty phrase here*
yay

Nall
Jul 25, 2003, 09:10 PM
i love ff7. i utterly destroyed it, too. i did every side quest (they are so fun), mastered all materia, got the master materias (master summon, master commond, etc.), beat every weapon, breed a whole stable full of gold chocobos, got everybody to max level (excluding Aeris), got everybodys ultimate weapons and limit breaks (INCLUDING Aeris), and all the other stuff. my main party was, however, the best combination of the strongest characters with the best limits there are. Cloud, Cid, and Vincent. the lowest time i ever got for beating Sephiroth and Jenova in the crater, not counting diolouge, was roughly two minutes. i just equipped every body with mime, cloud with KOTR, cloud with those things that cast haste, and cloud with despell. i used that spell that gets rid of all barriers, then used KOTR with cloud and had everybody mime it the whole way through. whats you shortest time for Sephiroth?

Kizaragu
Jul 26, 2003, 12:10 PM
On 2003-07-25 19:10, Nall wrote:
i love ff7. i utterly destroyed it, too. i did every side quest (they are so fun), mastered all materia, got the master materias (master summon, master commond, etc.), beat every weapon, breed a whole stable full of gold chocobos, got everybody to max level (excluding Aeris), got everybodys ultimate weapons and limit breaks (INCLUDING Aeris), and all the other stuff. my main party was, however, the best combination of the strongest characters with the best limits there are. Cloud, Cid, and Vincent. the lowest time i ever got for beating Sephiroth and Jenova in the crater, not counting diolouge, was roughly two minutes. i just equipped every body with mime, cloud with KOTR, cloud with those things that cast haste, and cloud with despell. i used that spell that gets rid of all barriers, then used KOTR with cloud and had everybody mime it the whole way through. whats you shortest time for Sephiroth?

Wow I thought I was the only one who was as nuts as that about FF7. I Haven't botherd keepin a track of the time it took me to beat Sephiroth, all I do know is I keep defending (Not that I need to even do that!) so I can listen to 'One winged Angel'.
I've also done pretty much everything on it, (Well Bar getting a date with Barret.)and when I do go on it these days I just spend my time getting stat improving 'Sources'.
Come to think of It, I haven't botherd playing it in ages, I just seemed to have moved on. (Eye's glazing over)

Edit: Stupid Spelling Mistakes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-07-26 10:14 ]</font>

Chibi-Chan
Jul 26, 2003, 01:55 PM
I myself have been attempting what no one has done before in FF7. I will get Aeris to lvl 99 before she dies. I already have her at lvl 55, I will do it!

satoshi1
Jul 26, 2003, 02:27 PM
On 2003-07-23 08:32, Davion wrote:
I've been playing the PC version through again, but for some reason it keeps freezing right at the Chocobo races.

I don't know if this has been said before, but there's an unofficial patch to make the chocobo races work under WinXP. PM me if you want it.

RedFox
Jul 26, 2003, 02:44 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/cemsbreakfastsite/sephvsruby.jpg

a fight i always wanted to see... sigh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2003-07-26 12:48 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jul 26, 2003, 03:44 PM
I loved FF7... It's still one of my favorite games of all time, it's amazing how a simple game made me play just to see the story and collect materia!

Now I regret selling my copy...

*hides*

Kizaragu
Jul 27, 2003, 01:21 AM
On 2003-07-26 12:44, RedFox wrote:

Heh. Quite a cool picture. Although the person who captured the screenshot must of used an action replay or any other cheat cartridge to do it. Sephiroth Vs. Ruby(?) weapon.
I can never remember which Weapon is which. I just know them as that Big Red or Green F***er!

SorceressofTime
Jul 27, 2003, 04:23 AM
On 2003-07-26 23:21, Kizaragu wrote:

Heh. Quite a cool picture. Although the person who captured the screenshot must of used an action replay or any other cheat cartridge to do it. Sephiroth Vs. Ruby(?) weapon.
I can never remember which Weapon is which. I just know them as that Big Red or Green F***er!

LOL!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif love the names you called the weapons. XD esp. the emerald weapon. that cracks me up XD

Kizaragu
Jul 27, 2003, 09:36 AM
Ah I call them all sorts of names, Just not able to post them on here!

I remember when I first beat the Green F***er. Ah those were the days... Shame you can't fight them over and over again. I can see myself now slaughtering them Giggling evilly to myself.

'MWAHAHA you were once so strong! Oh how the tables have turned! Ur mother was a Blue F***er! Was that supposed to hurt, 9999 damage? Oh dear it's that pheonix here again to revive me. You haven't got one!? Shame. Eat Fire B**** Mothalova!! '

I apologise for the last paragraph... kinda got carried away! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

gamerdell7
Jul 28, 2003, 12:02 AM

Every time I click it, it leads to this web page again!?!?!?

------------------------------------------

So wait, Who can go with you on the rollercoaster ride?!?!?!?!??!

Theres Tifa, Aeris......uhm......??????

If theres more, plz tell me HOw you do it!

SorceressofTime
Jul 28, 2003, 02:13 AM
On 2003-07-27 22:02, gamerdell7 wrote:

Every time I click it, it leads to this web page again!?!?!?

------------------------------------------

So wait, Who can go with you on the rollercoaster ride?!?!?!?!??!

Theres Tifa, Aeris......uhm......??????

If theres more, plz tell me HOw you do it!

copy and paste that link into another window and it should work. i got the exact same problem before. :

yeah you can date yuffie, aeris, tifa and barret... i think my brother got barret from all the lame answers he made when you had to chose between choices. XD

Nerd
Jul 28, 2003, 02:25 AM
There was a rumor that Square originally intended to bring Aeris back to life but due to time constraints they cut that bit of story. It sounded compelling at the time (something about finding bizarre bits of un-used dialogue from Aeris after her death by decompiling the disk or something)

But....why would the ending be the way it is, if that is true? FF7 is a great but sad game, i started to play through it again recently but ...sigh there isn't much joy after the *event*

Orange_Coconut
Jul 28, 2003, 02:41 AM
I've only played FF9 almost fully, but then I lost my memory card and tried to start over. I had one of those demo discs for the Playstation but I only borrowed it. I notice many many people rave about FF7 so I'm wondering if I should check it out.

gamerdell7
Jul 28, 2003, 10:58 AM
Do you know any guides online I can check out to find the Dating thing?(or does anyone know how to do it?)