PDA

View Full Version : Strange chat with Donoph!!! READ

RnDmThTs675
Jul 23, 2003, 03:32 PM
I played retired hunter quest and at the end, he started talking about alicia!!! He said he couldnt help her find her father HEATHCLIFF, and that alicia thinks RICO stole her father fom her!!!
"The destiny of Pioneer 2 lies in your hands"
I only wish that kid i thaught the double sword technique will do well" (or something like that)
"HEATH who remained with the government, ZOKE who fought against the government, and I who avoided all the political conflicts, WE all ended our lives on this common ground. HA HA HA..."
"Cough! Cough!!"
"you may recieve your reward at the guild, leave me here, i wish to rest, to pass away as a hunter, ending my life on the battlefield"
"ZOKE, HEATH, dont start the party without me..."
"..."
Then DONOPH dies.....

Has anyone else seen this part?

i dont know how it came about but, i beat episode 2 on normal, played "SEEK MY MASTER" on normal while hunting delsabers, then played "RETIRED HUNTER"

I did the Bernie sub-plot so i couldnt get the Soul Eater , but bernie was on pioneer 2 when i started the quest so i talked to him then went to the ruins with donoph

talk about weird, so i guess...according to the, HEATHCLIFF is ALICIA's Father not DONOPH
weird stuff
NOTE ALL QUOTES WERE SPOKEN BY DONOPH

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RnDmThTs675 on 2003-07-23 13:33 ]</font>

Bit
Jul 23, 2003, 03:34 PM
Sounds like an alternate ending, I haven't seen that. I should go play Retired Hunter now..

RnDmThTs675
Jul 23, 2003, 03:35 PM
Just got a BERNIE quote
"He's dead. He was such a worthless old man. ... ... ... Zoke Miyama, Heathcliff Flowen,Donoph Baz...Heroes of the past..."

Bit
Jul 23, 2003, 03:41 PM
Hmm... Did you have any of the DB items while doing this? He may talk to you different if you wear his gear..

Either that or it's just part of the Bernie sub-plot, which it probably is.

SurazalRoman
Jul 23, 2003, 03:41 PM
Alicia? Would I know her? I only play ep. 1 but I remember doing a quest with an Alicia. Right before I did a quest for her. I must sound really stupid right now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bit
Jul 23, 2003, 03:42 PM
She gives you your Mission on the Native Research Quest, and accompanies you on the Forest of Sorrow Quest.

RnDmThTs675
Jul 23, 2003, 03:49 PM
No DB's items, i only have the saber but thats nothing compared to my MUSHASHI

SurazalRoman
Jul 23, 2003, 03:51 PM
ok... I thought I knew her...

Yoda86
Jul 23, 2003, 07:55 PM
By the way, out of curiosity...What does DB stand for on the DB items (sword, shield, armor)?

excecutor
Jul 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
donoph banz (or is it baz)

Soukosa
Jul 23, 2003, 08:01 PM
I've gotten that ending before. It was on the difficulty with the character that I decided to tell Sue my name, so I could see all the alternative stuff that I missed before when I got the Soul Eater.

RnDmThTs675
Jul 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
Well i suppose that settles it, it seems that this is an ending to the quest only during the BERNIE sub-plot

Night_Star
Jul 24, 2003, 01:12 AM
wow thats pretty cool!
ill have to go do that quest now!!!

btw does any body know what weapon donoph is using?
and how you get it?

TR3NT
Jul 24, 2003, 01:16 AM
Isn't he using Zanba?

slimer1231
Jul 24, 2003, 01:42 AM
Yeah its a Zanba. Go look in the database.

AppieDPC
Jul 24, 2003, 05:29 AM
DB not even using his own fukkin sword.
In other words even he thinks it sucks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
On topic: cool altered ending should check that

Benoit
Jul 24, 2003, 08:26 AM
I saw that alternate ending myself too. I have it scripted, along with every other quest. Look forward to it being included on my site soon enough.

DB is thought to stand for Donoph Baz. Not confirmed, though.

The alternate part of that quest is indeed part of the Bernie subplot. It happens after Seek My Master, so Bernie didn't die after all. Bernie also says something when you return to Pioneer 2 after Donoph joined you.

Very interesting indeed.

Dark_Cloud
Jul 24, 2003, 02:01 PM
Cool i'm gonna go get that ending now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!!!! * runs as fast as possible to play PSO and falls over *

Caecilius
Jul 27, 2003, 09:50 AM
I'm gonna check this ASAP, I beat ep2 on normal as well. Damn Olga...taking 20 bolts from my Red Scorpio and still not dying...
On a side note, Donoph's sword, Zanba, isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be. It has the same ATP requirement as my Sealed J, and guess what I use?
Yup, god old Rika's Claw http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif